Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

What the idiotic halfwit Skate doesn't seem to realise, is that Lambert put a goal past England's Goalkeeper and their Skate defence crammed full of internationals when he played for us in the third division against them riding high in the Premiership. So which way does the moron want to cut it? That James and their illustrious defence were crap, or that Lambert had something about him even then? He has since also scored goals against top international defenders playing for the glory teams of the Premiership too.

I think that they must be jealous that they won't be able to afford such players as Ricky and Osvaldo within the foreseeable future.

If Poopey did bitter! They would probably be the most bitter fans in the world!! :lol:

Whittingham's fantastic record reads:

P38 W6 :lol: D13 L19

A win ratio of 15.7% :uhoh: :mcinnes:

The knives are out already - surprisingly against all the odds , being the bookie favourite, players getting a dream move to fatpipes , the fans "owning" their club they are not ripping up this league , currently calls for Clotrill and Warknob to come in - all on Fratton Faithful - there's an oxymoron for ya

Seems a general theme among the Fatpipe Brigade

How many STs will we sell next season, once the fan-owned club enthusiasm has be worn away by a whole season stuck in the lower mid table of L2?! We need some play off excitement to look forward to at least.

Playing teams that anyone under 40 hasn't seen Pompey play before is a novelty this season, but we do need to get back up to the Championship in the not too distant future.

they might not be able to afford to sack him now but I'm sure by the year 2021 they will be able to pay him off - so my message to them is, go for it, you know you want to.

It'll be fine, something will come up, the Parachute payments will cover it, they'll be ringfenced, probably.

And while you're at it, get Lampitt back on board, give Storrie a call - get those outgoings firing on all cylinders again!

I've seen the CVA details and looked at the income, I'm pretty sure the figures stack up.

Nothing can go wrong.

:scared:

they might not be able to afford to sack him now but I'm sure by the year 2021 they will be able to pay him off - so my message to them is, go for it, you know you want to.

It'll be fine, something will come up, the Parachute payments will cover it, they'll be ringfenced, probably.

And while you're at it, get Lampitt back on board, give Storrie a call - get those outgoings firing on all cylinders again!

I've seen the CVA details and looked at the income, I'm pretty sure the figures stack up.

Nothing can go wrong.

Add in Mr Clotterill as manager and you have the 'dream team' once more :)

Bring it on......

Nothing can go wrong.

You shouldn't so hastily dismiss that plan. I mean, it's amazing what they can do with numbers, changing it around a bit, massaging it, and suddenly there is money available for transfers. Just ask Guy!

It was convenient that Cotterill had his piece in the media. I wonder if he has been having words with the powers that be.

They must get success quickly or the 3 Amigos champagne corks will be re-inserted but not back in the bottles

I think that it's true to say for most of the few that, 'the corks have popped before the pennies dropped...!'

I was one who thought that this thread should be closed - but seeing the 'HP agreement' that they have to furnish, I guess it's going to be a few pages yet before a Mod presses the button.

Which translates to :

Points won = 31

Points lost = 57

Pretty impressive if you're a scummer

Would love to see them ditch witts in favour of clotterill, that would be the icing on top of the cherry on top of the icing on the cake :D

This could be interpreted another way ie:

Points gained 31

Points not gained 83

Just had Colin what's his face on SSN. Couldn't really make out what he was saying as he said nearly every word in each sentence 2 to 3 times

Just rewound..

"Obviously the the the individual amounts have have now now come come out but but the bottom line is is that is that this is budgeted for and we're we're gonna honour honour these these com compromise ag agreements.

Nice hoop earring too.

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=512246

Filthy skate #1 - "Oh come on everyone , how boring would it be if we we're steamrolling the league on max points smashing everyone 6-0 , don't get me wrong be good for a while , but would become boring, I love the fact we are not ripping in to everyone because it makes the season more exciting , I've seen enough of the team this year to know that , once the team get over playing in front of huge crowds at home we're be fine cos at the moment that's where we are under performing"

Filthy skate #2 - "Will put Vinny. Thinking back on what the likes of Sullivan said about joining Pompey, the size of the club, crowd, noise etc has been too much for some of the players. They're so keen to do well and be accepted - that that has affected their play."

:mcinnes:

Filthy skate #1 - "Oh come on everyone , how boring would it be if we we're steamrolling the league on max points smashing everyone 6-0 , don't get me wrong be good for a while , but would become boring, I love the fact we are not ripping in to everyone because it makes the season more exciting , I've seen enough of the team this year to know that , once the team get over playing in front of huge crowds at home we're be fine cos at the moment that's where we are under performing"

Filthy skate #2 - "Will put Vinny. Thinking back on what the likes of Sullivan said about joining Pompey, the size of the club, crowd, noise etc has been too much for some of the players. They're so keen to do well and be accepted - that that has affected their play."

I smell undercover nutjobs at work in those posts :)

delusion.jpg

Yep. Definitely, definitely not that the players are total dog****.

Interesting stat in The Times footy pull out this morning:

Bill Edgar in The Times wrote "Ten years ago Portsmouth were top of the Premier League (three games into the 2003-04 season) and AFC Wimbledon were eight divisions below (top of the Combined Counties League premier division). Now Wimbledon are 14 places above Portsmouth in League Two."

The only thing that surprised me about this stat is that AFC Wimbledon seem to have done pretty well starting from nothing

The only thing that surprised me about this stat is that AFC Wimbledon seem to have done pretty well starting from nothing

The skates had their chance to liquidate, start at the bottom rung based at Moneyfields, but they chose not to. Instead they have a crumbling nottarf with no facilities, landlocked by Robinson/Tesco, with parts of the ground being closed for safety reasons and only one toilet in the away end. To top it off, there is no maintenence budget, no training ground and crushing multi million legacy settlements to former players for many years ahead.

Time will tell!

Stat that always get me is that in 7 years in the top flight they had a total revenue in excess of £300,000,000. Add the additional £120,000,000 they spent over and above their income and in just 7 years they consumed £420,000,000 and now have what to show for it? .... but of course they won an FA cup in that time.... and invested £45 mil in a new stadium development and anoyther 30mil in a new training and academy set up... er Ok so only one of those is true.. the one without a legacy...or er sorry a legacy of 120mil of debt...

The skates had their chance to liquidate, start at the bottom rung based at Moneyfields, but they chose not to. Instead they have a crumbling nottarf with no facilities, landlocked by Robinson/Tesco, with parts of the ground being closed for safety reasons and only one toilet in the away end. To top it off, there is no maintenence budget, no training ground and crushing multi million legacy settlements to former players for many years ahead.

Time will tell!

but they have the bestest fans, although i think they will slowly slink under their stones as results get worst, skates are, have always been and always will be glory , jump on the band wagon , hunters

Time will tell!

"The leopard does not change his shorts"

Terry Pratchett, 'Unseen Academicals'

i.e. the pattern of unsustainable spending justified by their MASSIVE fanbase, which they established ten years ago in the Prem, is being repeated in L2 :mcinnes:

Seriously deluded :mcinnes:

Every other week they play in front of horse **** bad crowds - not that their home crowds are anything to shout about, but I'm happy to play along!

Why are they not "ripping up" the league when they play away from home if the crowd size is such a big issue?

Seriously deluded :mcinnes:

Every other week they play in front of horse **** bad crowds - not that their home crowds are anything to shout about, but I'm happy to play along!

Why are they not "ripping up" the league when they play away from home if the crowd size is such a big issue?

Perhaps they've paid over the odds for mediocre players? Again? Nah...

Surely the fratton faithful are their biggest asset? Getting behind the team and never ever booing their own?

On the logic presented they should stay away in droves in order to improve results. Perhaps they're just getting their excuses in early... Nah, I don't go mate, helps the team perform innit

Has Guy put together a disjointed budget team of lower league runts that is prone to making late defensive errors because they aren't fit enough to compete for a full 90 mins?

No, the team is great, it's just that they freeze because their own fans are so passionate. :o

Yeah, that makes sense. pompey are finding every other team's cup final, too big, for themselves!...

Let's try and keep track, that'll be the home team, the referees, and linesmen, all overawed by the League Two occasion.

So that only leaves the away team able to cope with playing in front of the greatest atmosphere in world football.

That explanation has to be Nutjobbery at work - come on, own up?....

Have seen more than a handful of Pompey supporters bleating about how good it is to own the club and not be a part of the 'soulless' Premier League etc. Haven't had the heart to remind them that it is the 'soulless' Premier League's new TV deal that gave them the extra £4m in parachute payments which prevented them from disappearing and the fan takeover failing miserably.

Time will tell!

Not unless they get their clock back...

Have seen more than a handful of Pompey supporters bleating about how good it is to own the club and not be a part of the 'soulless' Premier League etc. Haven't had the heart to remind them that it is the 'soulless' Premier League's new TV deal that gave them the extra £4m in parachute payments which prevented them from disappearing and the fan takeover failing miserably.

As stated on BBC South Today in no uncertain terms yesterday, the parachutes saved them. I really liked the visual display of a pompey first XI based on who is owed the most, it was great (though 14 subs wouldnt be allowed).

The vast majority do not own the club, 10-20% have a non-tradable share in the trust.

Have I'm missed something? No Pompey news/signings/administrations/bad debts for 36hours on here

Yep Champion Leagues Striker on Trial

Yes, yes I know that they promised they wouldn't change their budget and then they did, but they need to do it again, cos someone got injured

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-monitor-champions-league-striker-1-5474988

Yep Champion Leagues Striker on Trial

Yes, yes I know that they promised they wouldn't change their budget and then they did, but they need to do it again, cos someone got injured

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-monitor-champions-league-striker-1-5474988

Ah you beat me to it,

As the local News billboards have been advertising as headline news, they indeed have a Champions League striker on trial.

By Champions League striker they mean a guy who scored 3 goals in 19 games for a Cypriot club that got to the champions league play-off round last season and 3 years ago had an unsuccessful trial with Stevenage

Just had three attempts at writing this post but didn't want Mr G dragged off to court!

Hold tight Nutjobs, you are in for a cryptic ride...

Best thing I can say is, a reliable friend of mine recently spoke to someone who was very close to previous regimes.

It was made VERY clear that much of what was suspected on here through the last five years was at times pretty accurate.

Deals, envelopes, unusual activity.

The insider view is, how they got away with it in court was at best a miracle.

But that is history and I'm sure that most of the current directors would be horrified at some of the stuff that went on.

Though, on reflection, if I bought an old graveyard and I knew that some odd burials had taken place, I might employ one of the key people who knew where all the bodies were.

In fact I might have little choice, what with the stuff that they know.

They could do a lot of damage to my new graveyard business by highlighting old stuff, even though it wasn't done on my watch.

Continuity is always good.

A week may be a long time in politics, but that's nothing compared with 36 hours on PTS. Be patient, a fresh scandal will shortly erupt to be greeted by howls of laughter over here and stunned disbelief over there :D

Are you just referring to what tends to happen on this thread or do you have a specific scandal in mind?;-)

Just had three attempts at writing this post but didn't want Mr G dragged off to court!

Hold tight Nutjobs, you are in for a cryptic ride...

Best thing I can say is, a reliable friend of mine recently spoke to someone who was very close to previous regimes.

It was made VERY clear that much of what was suspected on here through the last five years was at times pretty accurate.

Deals, envelopes, unusual activity.

The insider view is, how they got away with it in court was at best a miracle.

But that is history and I'm sure that most of the current directors would be horrified at some of the stuff that went on.

Though, on reflection, if I bought an old graveyard and I knew that some odd burials had taken place, I might employ one of the key people who knew where all the bodies were.

In fact I might have little choice, what with the stuff that they know.

They could do a lot of damage to my new graveyard business by highlighting old stuff, even though it wasn't done on my watch.

Continuity is always good.

You're in danger of pipping young Phil to the PTS cryptic post of the year trophy there... ;)

Anyone know what AA is up to these days?

Edited by trousers

Have I'm missed something? No Pompey news/signings/administrations/bad debts for 36hours on here

A week may be a long time in politics, but that's nothing compared with 36 hours on PTS. Be patient, a fresh scandal will shortly erupt to be greeted by howls of laughter over here and stunned disbelief over there :D

Are you just referring to what tends to happen on this thread or do you have a specific scandal in mind?;-)

Ah, welcome to the land of not getting mates fired for leaks. Really hard to find the words isn't it?

You of course managed eloquence. I normally manage Gibberish

Sent from my HTC One X using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I spoke not from being in any way ITK but only from a touchingly naive faith that Pompey's way of doing things doesn't change much. But even I didn't expect that simple faith to be rewarded a bare handful of posts later :D

Pompey, the gift that keeps on giving :) :)

Edited by Waterside.saint

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})