Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

259wpx3.jpg

Another photo of the beautiful Kora Blagden

LOL, looks like #factless has been mugged off again!

Cry my a river of hope Neil, that is priceless!

Have another look at the lovely Kora (no more than ten seconds, don't want to turn to stone), then read the #factless piece once more, it is hilarious, he has been completely conned as have the skates!:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/opinion/the-seven-year-old-who-helped-save-pompey-1-5421121

Before the game Guy Whittingham asked him into the players’ dressing room, where he posed for photos with his Pompey heroes, ahead of being given free rein to have his match-day programme signed.

The Blagden family spent the match in the directors’ box, inevitably unable to contain boisterous delight normally reserved for their trips to the Fratton end as the hosts ran out 3-0 winners.

But out there is a seven-year-old boy who wanted Pompey to be saved by the Trust – and did something about it.

LOL, fitting they are called the Blagdens.. I love how characters like this keep emerging throughout this wonderful pompey saga.

The statement at the bottom of Factless Allen's group share makes for quite bizarre reading.

PST community shares cannot be sold or transferred to a third party. They may be transferred to a member of your family. They may also be withdrawn with the consent of the PST board after 2016. Withdrawals will be possible through the investments of new participants and by building up the reserves of PST. Withdrawals will be limited to no more then “5%” of the total'community share' capital in PST in any one year. Requests to withdraw shares will be considered by the Board in the order of receipt by the PST secretary of written requests. The board will decide on requests having regard to the long term interests of PST, the need to maintain prudent reserves and PST's primary commitment to community benefit.

I would appreciate the input of someone who knows their way around financial matters....

My interpretation is that they are basically saying they can do whatever they (The PST) want with the money you have put in, if they decide against it then cannot claim back your cash.... cheers for the donation guys, it's ours to squander! P.S.... please give us more.

Edited by Colinjb

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/new-third-kit-launched-1022625.aspx

pompey_3rd.PNG

The strip is in maroon and salmon pink – harking back to our foundation in 1898 when the team were known as ‘the shrimps’.

Engagement manager Micah Hall said “We hope fans will be as delighted and excited by this strip as we are. All the feedback has been amazing to date!”

To put that into perspective, there wouldn't have been a person that paid to get in that day who is now under retirement age. England had never lost a home football match, the backpass law was 37 years from being implemented, Saints have two current players who wouldn't even be born for 43 years afterwards, and the Queen had her Coronation that year.

Also bear in mind that Pompey have never averaged more than 37,000 at home, even in their most successful days

This is a stadium which had a capacity of over 50,000 in the early 50's

In one year their average attendance was a few hundred over Hull City who were in Division3

Don't forget also that, at this time in the early 50's, there were thousands of sailors in the naval port and quite s few Saints fans used to go down to Fratton to watch Div 1 games

To be fair though Pompey are relatively well supported in the lower leagues

Similar to what Luton are to Non League football.

The statement at the bottom of Factless Allen's group share makes for quite bizarre reading.

PST community shares cannot be sold or transferred to a third party. They may be transferred to a member of your family. They may also be withdrawn with the consent of the PST board after 2016. Withdrawals will be possible through the investments of new participants and by building up the reserves of PST. Withdrawals will be limited to no more then “5%” of the total'community share' capital in PST in any one year. Requests to withdraw shares will be considered by the Board in the order of receipt by the PST secretary of written requests. The board will decide on requests having regard to the long term interests of PST, the need to maintain prudent reserves and PST's primary commitment to community benefit.

I would appreciate the input of someone who knows their way around financial matters....

My interpretation is that they are basically saying they can do whatever they (The PST) want with the money you have put in, if they decide against it then cannot claim back your cash.... cheers for the donation guys, it's ours to squander! P.S.... please give us more.

Sounds like a Ponzi scheme to me, you can only withdraw funds if there are other funds coming in to replace you. :uhoh:

They are shares, they're just not shares in Portsmouth Football Club. The fans that bought those "shares" own the football club in the same way that anybody in a decent pension scheme owns British Airways, ICI and Anglo American.

That is sh it. Pompey have had salmon pink away kits before - Everton had one a couple of seasons back - and they can look great.

A L2 team selling a third kit is a decent enough idea. I know the general form here is to laugh and sneer at every single thing Pompey ever do regardless of merit but all in all I'd say this is worth doing, albeit with a slightly better design.

And frankly we are in a huge glass house when it comes to utter shi teness of kit. Our abortion wins hands down.

Oh THANK GOD for the Trust.

I am SO glad that they did not die.

The LAST thing any one of the other 92 clubs in the League wants are fans like this.

FFS Football is a Respectable BUSINESS these days, we don't want no Walmart families hanging round proper Football Stadiums

Oh, and with fashion sense like that it makes you wonder what their POL version of Turkish must be like)

That IS Turkish!

That is sh it. Pompey have had salmon pink away kits before - Everton had one a couple of seasons back - and they can look great.

A L2 team selling a third kit is a decent enough idea. I know the general form here is to laugh and sneer at every single thing Pompey ever do regardless of merit but all in all I'd say this is worth doing, albeit with a slightly better design.

And frankly we are in a huge glass house when it comes to utter shi teness of kit. Our abortion wins hands down.

if you would prefer that kit than ours, it would explain quite a lot

if you would prefer that kit than ours, it would explain quite a lot

You making that conclusion from what I've written says a heck of a lot more about you.

As does every moronic utterance you make on this topic and all topics on this forum. You're not worth wasting energy on.

You making that conclusion from what I've written says a heck of a lot more about you.

As does every moronic utterance you make on this topic and all topics on this forum. You're not worth wasting energy on.

You did just say that our kit is ****ter than their new 3rd kit though, which it clearly, clearly isn't!

You did just say that our kit is ****ter than their new 3rd kit though, which it clearly, clearly isn't!

I didn't actually say that: my point is our abortion of a home kit wins out in overall shi tness against their third kit.

Both kits are sh it, but theirs is a third kit with at least a nod to tradition and history. It has its heart in the right place, and at the end of the day is the third choice kit. Tossing about with a third kit: minimal impact.

We're stuck with our sack of sh it at every home game for the rest of the season.

Bit of a stroppy tart are`nt you?

Not really. I save my ire for the weapons grade idiots on this forum.

Oldnick - what Pompey did was as bad as the Boston bomb - fits securely in the premier league.

Anyway. Show's over. Back on topic.

I didn't actually say that: my point is our abortion of a home kit wins out in overall shi tness against their third kit.

Both kits are sh it, but theirs is a third kit with at least a nod to tradition and history. It has its heart in the right place, and at the end of the day is the third choice kit. Tossing about with a third kit: minimal impact.

We're stuck with our sack of sh it at every home game for the rest of the season.

Meow, you did infer that theirs was better than ours, but in your world you can twist any post to suit. Aka the Boston thing, lol

it would take you. A lot of energy to reply, I assume all the banging of fists on your desk as you try to get a decent reply together must sap your energy. No doubt you have to consume energy drinks to keep up

The kit will be launched on Friday - some will love the launch method, some will hate it:)

The kit will be on sale on Saturday, subject to a lorry which is driving through the night from Poland to Fratton via Calais. There was a production problem which threatened to delay it but instead two plucky poles are driving through the night to get it here.

There won't be any kid sizes I'm afraid.

As for the shop, problems now look overcome - all the stuff is ready so it's just a question of getting one of SD's shop fitting teams down here - they are obviously in big demand but we hope there will be one available next week.

Thanks!

And the reaction to the new kit on POL...

That is ****** awful. Looks like a 5 year old designed it with the only two colours left in his colouring box then got his mum to sew a random badge on it.

Orrible, just my opinion. (and yes I know we didn't have a lot of time to get it designed and the like)

We managed one decent kit this year (away), hopefully with a bit more time next season we might see an improvement.

Sorry guys - I hate it :/. Either go for one colour or the other - the band around the waist looks like a girdle.

I hope we haven't pre-ordered a lot of them from Sondico. Don't like it.

Nah! An awful mix of colours and graphics. In particular the Pompey badge stands out like a sore thumb.... it doesnt go at all well with those colours .... Its a no from me

that is awful kit I give it 3 weeks and you will be able to pick it up cheap in London

The players even look shocked they were forced to weat it, hopefully no games should require it being worn this season.

Well, we are entitled to our opinions, I think thats one of the worst I've seen in 50 years of supporting Pompey.

I think it's save to say this is The Trust's first big mistake and whoever decided on this kit.

gonna be checking our away games in an attempt to predict when we may have to wear this stupid kit.......then avoid that particular fixture ffs

Micah you need to go to specsavers

Oops, hasn't gone down too well with the blue phew :mcinnes:

Well, I'm afraid that I reached the same conclusion from what you said as OldNick did, so please include me amongst the moronic tendency that isn't worth wasting energy on.

Hands up anybody else who took this to mean that our home kit was worse than the Skates third kit? Unless of course calling our kit an abortion was just a warm, affectionate, endearment of yours and you really meant that ours was hands down better than theirs. Oh, I see; the reason that ours is worse is that they will only wear theirs very seldom, and there is an historical precedent for the pink, whereas we have to wear ours much more frequently, is that it?

Originally Posted by Micah Hall

The kit will be launched on Friday - some will love the launch method, some will hate it

The kit will be on sale on Saturday, subject to a lorry which is driving through the night from Poland to Fratton via Calais.

There was a production problem which threatened to delay it but instead two plucky poles are driving through the night to get it here.

The production problem was probably due to the workers asking if they really had to make that thing.

The drivers are probably in a hurry to get it out of Poland as fast as possible, Poland has standards you know.

You serious?

I honestly thought it was a wind up when saw their kit and found it via their OS to check.

At worst ours isn't unique, I can understand those preferring stripes although personally prefer other red/white kits. But ours is hardly on the same scale as that fashion students bit of camp fun.

Originally Posted by Micah Hall

The kit will be launched on Friday - some will love the launch method, some will hate it

The kit will be on sale on Saturday, subject to a lorry which is driving through the night from Poland to Fratton via Calais.

There was a production problem which threatened to delay it but instead two plucky poles are driving through the night to get it here.

The production problem was probably due to the workers asking if they really had to make that thing.

The drivers are probably in a hurry to get it out of Poland as fast as possible, Poland has standards you know.

Sounds like the script for a new Only Fools and Horses Christmas Special...

Del Boy - Micah Hall

Rodney - Colin Farmery

Uncle - Iain McInnes

Trigger - Neil Allen

Any others?

Edited by trousers

So Champagne Iain gets off a drink driving charge on error technicalities...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/iain-mcinnes-drink-driving-charge-dropped-by-court-1-5436257

Someone associated with Pompey in getting off on a technicality shocker (and then exclaiming relief that they've 'got away with it').

It really is in their DNA down there, isn't it...

Edited by trousers

Sounds like the script for a new Only Fools and Horses Christmas Special...

Del Boy - Micah Hall

Rodney - Colin Farmery

Uncle - Iain McInnes

Trigger - Neil Allen

Any others?

They actually have a player named John Sullivan....

Well, I'm afraid that I reached the same conclusion from what you said as OldNick did, so please include me amongst the moronic tendency that isn't worth wasting energy on.

Hands up anybody else who took this to mean that our home kit was worse than the Skates third kit? Unless of course calling our kit an abortion was just a warm, affectionate, endearment of yours and you really meant that ours was hands down better than theirs. Oh, I see; the reason that ours is worse is that they will only wear theirs very seldom, and there is an historical precedent for the pink, whereas we have to wear ours much more frequently, is that it?

That's how it read to me too.

The strip is in maroon and salmon pink – harking back to our foundation in 1898 when the team were known as ‘the shrimps’.

Engagement manager Micah Hall said “We hope fans will be as delighted and excited by this strip as we are. All the feedback has been amazing to date!”

ci8xVJvzkdGQj.jpg

Micah Hall : Engagement Manager

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})