Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Don't believe the hype.

break even was based on about 8K season tickets.

The glorious success of discounted sales means actual matchday income on an 11,500 attendance is significantly lower than projected.

Add in the ongoing overspend on the wages and the overall figures aren't that clever.

You don't know what the wage budget is or what he figures are Rallyboy, your all great at guessing though and making it out as fact ;)

Don't believe the hype.

The glorious success of discounted sales means actual matchday income on an 11,500 attendance is significantly lower than projected.

Add in the ongoing overspend on the wages and the overall figures aren't that clever.

You don't know what the wage budget is or what he figures are Rallyboy, your all great at guessing though and making it out as fact ;)

Enlighten us then

Don't believe the hype.

i agree with you Mero, there are many guesses but as your. New transparent era is here it is a surprise that the figure are hard to find. If I had pledged money in the expectancy of a new transparent regime it would have been good to see the figures

Indeed Mero, we are all guesstimating.

Though it is a fact that selling an extra 2,500 tickets per game at discounted rates for cash upfront, results in a shortfall of more than half a million pounds.

It is also a fact that the wagebill that was set in stone, has already been rewritten.

Chuck in reliable information about the amount being paid to Ferry, and it all looks a bit 2010.

So I'm just reminding you that the owners of your club blatantly lied to you for the last few years about costs, and we were dismissed as Jealous Nutjobs for pointing this out.

We are now just wondering if anything has changed under the all-new transparent team...

I guess we will just have to wait for the great investigative genius Hall to enlighten us, or for accounts to be filed. :lol:

Indeed Mero, we are all guesstimating.

Though it is a fact that selling an extra 2,500 tickets per game at discounted rates for cash upfront, results in a shortfall of more than half a million pounds.

It is also a fact that the wagebill that was set in stone, has already been rewritten.

Chuck in reliable information about the amount being paid to Ferry, and it all looks a bit 2010.

So I'm just reminding you that the owners of your club blatantly lied to you for the last few years about costs, and we were dismissed as Jealous Nutjobs for pointing this out.

We are now just wondering if anything has changed under the all-new transparent team...

I guess we will just have to wait for the great investigative genius Hall to enlighten us, or for accounts to be filed. :lol:

Filed? As in honed until smooth and fit comfortably? #notholdingmybreathwhilewaiting

Have a couple of smirks mate, they've got Whittingham, we've got Pochettino ( Louvren, Wanyama , Osvaldo etc)

Thanks, actually I went for an upgrade, rather than a couple of smirks I felt :poundit: was better.

After this evening's news, think it should reach so is probably snowing down at nott arf right now

Great news for Pompey this weekend seeing Ward-Prowse excel in the premier league.

#factless will be penning his article as we speak, the pompey lad come good, proud moment for portsea etc, a five hundred paragraph, five hundred sentence story with not a single mention to Saints!

#factless will be penning his article as we speak, the pompey lad come good, proud moment for portsea etc, a five hundred paragraph, five hundred sentence story with not a single mention to Saints!
if I was in his shoes i would do the same.As their rabid hatred of Saints in so ingrained any mention of the No.1 club in Hampshire would get him the sack. He is playing to his readership, although Iam surprised he doesnt do it in crayon

Great news for Pompey this weekend seeing Ward-Prowse excel in the premier league.

One of JWP's class mates was in the pub with us Saturday watching the game.

He let slip he was a skate.

We let slip he was only 18.

In a nation where you need to be 21 to buy alcohol.

It was evil but it felt GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Eric bought him a can of Cola, bless

I would quite like them to get two spawny FA Cup draws against non-league no-marks and scrape through after a replay and penalties then draw us in January, preferably at Fratton, just so we could utterly murder them. Though seeing them lose to Billingham Synthonia or Odd Down would be fun too...

I've just come across this old article in the Independent about the Skates during their usual protracted comedy gold ownership saga:-

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/time-running-out-for-portsmouth-to-find-the-right-owner-6290136.html#comment-412688086

In it, Andronikou makes a rather startling claim that he played a part in getting us linked to Markus Liebherr/Cortese.

Whereas the article provides a great nostalgic belly-laugh at the expense of the Skates at that time, I cannot help but think that Androikou's allegation just has to be pure fantasy on his part.

One has to have the thought cross one's mind that had he had contacts like Cortese/Liebherr, that he would naturally have attempted to interest them in the Skates first, as they were his clients. The conclusion must then logically follow that they had the good sense to proceed with us instead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23752396

If I read this correctly, Hearts have (in a very short space of time!) received 6,700 pledges of between £10 and £500 per month from supporters !

Does this mean that they are about to become the biggest fan owned club in the UK ???

Would be a shame if the Skates were to lose their great honour so quickly, eh ?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-3-morecambe-0-1-5401241

A beleaguered Jed Wallace has still to return to Twitter after deciding to take a sudden sabbatical.

Stung by abuse from several Pompey fans in relation to his performance in the 2-2 draw with Accrington, he initiated a tactical withdrawal.

By the 19-year-old’s own admission, his displays in the opening matches have lacked the dynamism, drive and effectiveness of last season.

Through social media others also decided to point that out, although aided by expletives and brutal language to hammer home their observations.

Not many Blues followers have behaved in such a manner to a player who is a prolific user of Twitter, you could count them on one hand, but it was still too many for his eyes to take.

It prompted Wallace to write ‘off here for a bit’ on his Twitter account a week ago yesterday. He has not posted anything since.

A mature reaction from the midfielder, who refused to rise to the bait thrust under his nose and opted to walk away from his right to defend himself against those harshest of critics.

Subsequently, his response on the pitch against Morecambe was simply classy.

The real Jed Wallace finally emerged for Pompey on Saturday and with it arrived that precious first win of a campaign which was becoming ridiculously fraught.

Guy Whittingham had retained his faith in the youngster for the fourth match of the campaign, particularly in the face of tough right-flank competition from Ricky Holmes.

Fellow Academy graduate Dan Butler had already been taken out.

And Marcos Painter has been recruited to add to the options on the left-hand side of the defence.

Wallace remained in the line-up against Morecambe, though, another chance to impress after an ineffective but certainly not awful start to his second professional season.

The energy has remained undiminished, the enthusiasm could never be questioned.

What has been absent, though, has been the telling contribution.

Unquestionably his displays didn’t warrant being targeted for the manner of abuse by certain individuals on Twitter, characters who appear to be around the same age.

Incidentally, Wallace claims nobody has said such damning criticism to his face, conveniently it has all come via a keyboard.

How the former Lewes player needed a morale-boosting personal performance against Morecambe and how the Blues needed a win with patience among some beginning to fray.

And that is precisely what the Fratton faithful were served up during a scintillating opening 45 minutes which had the destination of the three points sewn up before half-time.

Crucially for Wallace, he was at the heart of it, the fulcrum and the inspiration during a superb display of attacking football from Whittingham’s men which overwhelmed the Shrimps.

Admittedly he, like the majority of his team-mates, failed to maintain that mouth-watering tempo during a frustrating second half when the anticipated arrival of more goals failed to emerge.

In truth, reorganised and an increasingly-resolute Morecambe were made to look far too comfortable as the hosts failed to even threaten Andreas Arestidou’s goal after the interval.

That was despite the visitors having been reduced to 10-men shortly before goal number three when Andrew Wright was dismissed for two yellow cards, both on the unfortunate and ever-lively Andy Barcham.

Of course, an often-sloppy second half showing from the comfortable Blues was a frustrating sight, particularly considering their numerical advantage and undoubted superiority on the day.

Certainly the 113 Morecambe fans remained cheerful throughout, drawing a genuine round of applause from the respectful Fratton faithful upon their first song early in the match.

A total of 12 tickets had been sold in advance, yet with pay-on-the-day options available, many instead took advantage of that to provide an enthusiastic backing to their team during the encounter.

For Pompey the second-half failure to add more goals to their tally should not be allowed to overshadow what was still an excellent display at the right time – and from precisely the right player in Wallace.

Painter was the only change to the team which drew at Accrington in the previous outing, missing plenty of goal-scoring opportunities in the process and at the other end looking defensively shaky.

Whittingham’s men took the lead in the 20th minute against the Shrimps and it was comfortable from then as their attacking capabilities were this time capped by goals.

It was Wallace who arrived with the breakthrough, Patrick Agyemang pushing a ball through to pick up the youngster’s clever run.

The flight of the outside of the right boot did the rest and you could see the relief in the face of the midfielder as he roared to the skies and accepted the congratulations of his team-mates.

Pompey doubled the lead in the 26th minute, through an excellent breakaway instigated by David Connolly winning a tackle in his own half.

Wallace led the charge up field and threaded a pass through to Barcham, who then appeared to be upended inside the right edge of the box.

Then up popped newly-instilled skipper Connolly to slot the ball home from a tight angle to finish the move he started.

Wright was then given his marching orders and in the 39th minute the hosts had their third goal through another well-worked move.

Connolly slid a ball down the left-hand channel of the box and Agyemang collected before crashing home an angled drive which rebounded into the net off the inside of the far post.

It was the 14th goal in 13 starts together as a strike partnership.

The former Wimbledon team-mates from a decade ago have certainly linked up well at Fratton Park – and there obviously will be many more goals to come from them.

The second half was largely a non-event, although Whittingham did introduce all three of his substitutes.

Pompey, perhaps unwittingly, took their foot off the accelerator rather than going in search of the extra goals the crowd were baying for.

Wallace also faded after the break, not that it mattered too much as the damage had been done to the visitors long before.

Pompey have their first win of the season – and Wallace answered his foul-mouthed cyber critics in the best possible way.

But I thought the bestest fans in the world never ever ever ever criticise their own... :mcinnes:

Frankly there is no chance of me even attempting to read that shattily-formatted heap of toss.

I just love the only comment exhorting Factless to use paragraphs. The trouble is, I don't think that his journalistic prowess extends that far. If it did, he would probably be writing for a better publication with a more literate target audience.

Meanwhile, in tin pot land...

@standamf: Is there any update on what his happening with @EngagePompey?

@bobbeech: @standamf @engagePompey Fighting fund continues to raise money & we continue to stand with him

@standamf: @bobbeech @engagepompey Any idea how much has been raised so far?

@bobbeech: @standamf @engagePompey Will DM

@Pompeys12thMan: @alexread11 @standamf @bobbeech @engagePompey Pushing towards £2000 already!!

@engagePompey: @Pompeys12thMan you guys rool?

Mr Beech didn't seem too keen to state the figure in public.... #eraoftransparency

Lol.

I thought that nobhead neil had been quiet on the subject, but it appears they are still training at Jurassic Park. I'm stunned that no-one else will give them the chance to train somewhere else, but I guess their credit terms are unacceptable.

I note from the link above that their snazzy, jazzy, superduper Flash website of 2010 has been replaced by one of those crappy generic ones (yes, I know).

As for the "get yourself in the Team Pic" shamelessness, most teams that do that do it for free, and include thousands of fans at a time surrounding the team.

Is there some kind of precedent for making an entire City's inhabitants bankrupt by shamelessly exploiting the same limited pool of support over and over ? Surely with the worthless shares of nothing and the repeated calls to fork out for the same stuff over and over they're going to run out of cash... I mean credit... soon ?

has that site been hacked? :o

That's the most sensible pompey debate I have ever seen, all five of their non-deluded fans must have gathered in the same place.

And now we know that there are sensible ones, these brave few need to put the rest of the gobby majority on a leash, and advise them to stop fuelling our comedy.

If that handful had come on here admitting money-laundering and admiring how Saints were being managed, this thread would have croaked at 100 pages.

Thank god for Barbie Boy.

In fact, if common sense and facts are the way forward, this would be a watershed moment in inter-club relations!

But don't panic, I'm sure there's a portsmyth around the next corner....

Osvaldo used to be called Tina, and he murders puppies for fun.

I am quite surprised, there's some very civilised comments on here - http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=424&fid=203&sty=2&act=1&mid=2112324525

The thing that really gets me is the amount of money teams get for being mediocre/terrible in the Prem. Isn't it £60 million for finishing bottom now? Eventually that will start filtering through to the second tier and put the rest of us at a severe disadvantage.

Jim appears to have conveniently forgotten that the prem money has already filtered down to the lowest tier and if it wasn't for the fact that they owed so much money to so many people it would be putting the other teams at a disadvantage!

Convenient how they forget their recent history in the rush to blame everyone but themselves :D