Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Of the £5 he received each week from his parents, he opted to put every single penny towards the Pompey 12th Man campaign to buy Pompey Supporters’ Trust shares in the club.

To date, Alfie has raised £284, which has already bought two £100 part-shares in the 12th Man syndicate, with a third closing in fast.

So: From his weekly £5 pocket money, he put EVERY SINGLE PENNY towards the begging bowl; and, to date that is £284.

Hmmmm, Factless Mathless.

Portsmouth Football Club Statement

PUBLISHED

11:00 25th August 2013

by Portsmouth FC

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/pfc-statement-240813-1011476.aspx

i don't know why but I get the feeling that something doesn't add up here. Is it the usual ducking and diving ?Perhaps wool being pulled over the publics eyes. FloridaMarlins post is interesting and Pompeys statement just saying the loan had been paid and no figures mentioned was a bit odd. I would have thought the politicians would do anything to suppress any bad news regarding the loan and may look for ways of cloaking the true story. Too many staked their reputation on it, and the pie girlMP has said little

i don't know why but I get the feeling that something doesn't add up here. Is it the usual ducking and diving ?Perhaps wool being pulled over the publics eyes. FloridaMarlins post is interesting and Pompeys statement just saying the loan had been paid and no figures mentioned was a bit odd. I would have thought the politicians would do anything to suppress any bad news regarding the loan and may look for ways of cloaking the true story. Too many staked their reputation on it, and the pie girlMP has said little

Why?

And, why are you worried?

This is good news!

After years and years of financial mismanagement, Pompey have finally paid back a loan.

Isn't this what we all wanted? Pompey to pay their way?

Admittedly it needs the parachute payments from the Premier League to pay back a League 2 debt, but surely it shows some sore of responsibility?

If there is anything that doesn't add up with this statement - and that will be a first! - it will be apparent in the financial statement when published.

[/nobhead neil mode]

Why?

And, why are you worried?

This is good news!

After years and years of financial mismanagement, Pompey have finally paid back a loan.

Isn't this what we all wanted? Pompey to pay their way?

Admittedly it needs the parachute payments from the Premier League to pay back a League 2 debt, but surely it shows some sore of responsibility?

If there is anything that doesn't add up with this statement - and that will be a first! - it will be apparent in the financial statement when published.

[/nobhead neil mode]

i agree that if the loan has been paid back in full then it needs to be applauded. Just reading the Pompey statement, that is very short and with no detail, I get suspicious. Add to that FloridaMarlins post, he does have some good sources.

I guess we'll see one of the charges on the club removed from Companies House website now?

2u4enura.jpg

Also, weren't they due to pay back some money to one of their other benefactors this month? Robinson?

Edited by trousers

Good, that's OK then. This particular story will never raise its ugly head again.

Will it?

Having had some personal experience of the 'influence' wielded by that particular council, I am disinclined to believe the report. I do believe that if there is something to hide then there will be enormous pressure to suppress any 'leak'.

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=509595

Who is going to break it to them that there are another 3 charges against fratton park over and above The council and Mr Robinson.......

Oh and on the note of Mr Robinson, it seems he is being paid in 12 installments, if I read s maskell's post correctly.

So with council, Robinson and the PFA, I make that three charges - Anyone know who the other two charges are for?

It couldn't be, nah it really couldn't.

I thought they had delayed Robinson for a while, but it looks like they owe him about £100K a month?

It doesn't sound much until you equate that to match tickets, and take into account the summer.

But with this new policy of fans paying off the debts, the real losers are the big-hearted and rosy-cheeked urchins.

Plucky little Alfie won't be seeing pocket money until the year 6628.

MORTGAGE DETAILS

Company Number:07940335

Company Name:PORTSMOUTH COMMUNITY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

Number of Charges: 5 (5 outstanding / 0 part satisfied / 0 satisfied)

The following details relate to all outstanding and part-satisfied charges for the company together with charges satisfied since 01/01/1987. Charges are displayed with the oldest first.

View charges from: to:

Satisfied

Charge code: 0794 0335 0001

Charge status: Outstanding

Person(s) entitled: PORTSMOUTH CITY COUNCIL

Created: 19/04/2013

Delivered: 24/04/2013Form Type: MR01

Description of property or undertaking:F/H FRATTON PARK FROGMORE ROAD SOUTHSEA T/NO HP375034 CONTAINS FIXED CHARGE. CONTAINS FLOATING CHARGE. FLOATING CHARGE COVERS ALL THE PROPERTY OR UNDERTAKING OF THE COMPANY. NOTIFICATION OF ADDITION TO OR AMENDMENT OF CHARGE.

Charge code: 0794 0335 0002

Person(s) entitled: SOUTH POINT FINANCE LIMITED

Delivered: 25/04/2013Form Type: MR01

Description of property or undertaking:FRATTON PARK, FROGMORE ROAD, SOUTHSEA T/NO HP375034 CONTAINS FIXED CHARGE. CONTAINS FLOATING CHARGE. FLOATING CHARGE COVERS ALL THE PROPERTY OR UNDERTAKING OF THE COMPANY. NOTIFICATION OF ADDITION TO OR AMENDMENT OF CHARGE.

Charge code: 0794 0335 0003

Person(s) entitled: THE PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLERS' ASSOCIATION

Delivered: 27/04/2013Form Type: MR01

Description of property or undertaking:NA NOTIFICATION OF ADDITION TO OR AMENDMENT OF CHARGE.

Charge code: 0794 0335 0004

Person(s) entitled: THE PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLERS' ASSOCIATION

Delivered: 27/04/2013Form Type: MR01

Description of property or undertaking:NA NOTIFICATION OF ADDITION TO OR AMENDMENT OF CHARGE.

Charge code: 0794 0335 0005

Person(s) entitled: THE PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLERS ASSOCIATION

Created: 20/04/2013

Delivered: 26/04/2013Form Type: MR01

Description of property or undertaking:F/H PROPERTY KNOWN AS PORTSMOUTH FOOTBALL CLUB, FRATTON PARK, FROGMORE ROAD, SOUTHSEA, T/NO: HP375034 SEE IMAGE FOR FULL DETAILS CONTAINS FIXED CHARGE. NOTIFICATION OF ADDITION TO OR AMENDMENT OF CHARGE.

:toppa:

http://www.theuksportsnetwork.com/interview-with-micah-hall-how-portsmouth-fc-are-leading-the-way-in-fan-engagement

Portsmouth FC are certainly the ‘club of the moment’ when it comes to fan engagement and the integration of new technologies. The traumatised club is heading back-to-basics and taking the club back to the fans.

I got in touch with Micah Hall, the clubs Engagement Manager, to find out more about their philosophy, strategy and intentions for the 2013-2014 season.

In November last year, Micah was one of several thousand who parted with £1,000 to gain control of a stricken club, on the verge of imploding. This makes Portsmouth the largest community-owned club in Britain.

"Our experience is an interesting one because we are a club that has 200,000 current customers and had 250,000 fans activated on Southsea Common when we brought home the FA Cup, not to mention the huge number which also lined the route."

"We have had 30,000 plus crowds when our stadium could hold them. In many ways we are a Premier League club with a vast catchment area, but our stadium is League One and our resources very much League Two. We have a very tight line to walk between driving a personal experience and still retaining that big club feel.”

:mcinnes:

Edited by trousers

"We have had 30' date='000 plus crowds when our stadium could hold them[/b']. In many ways we are a Premier League club with a vast catchment area, but our stadium is League One and our resources very much League Two. We have a very tight line to walk between driving a personal experience and still retaining that big club feel.”

How long ago was that!!!?

There's something almost poetic about half a dozen professional footballers reaching retirement age and finding out that they actually own their own football stadium, isn't there?

Kitson and the boys can sit back knowing they have a charge on fatpipes, the skates have to service these debts just like they serviced Chinnys debts... oh.

Lampitt did well to get himself onto a super creditor status and get the hell out with his bundles of cash.. poor old Kitson and the lot may end up in the fight over the scrap value of fatpipes post liquidation.

The Lampitt and Cotteril legacy of quality over quantity lives on, with their legally binding charges securing that legacy for many years to come.

Though I must say, I do miss old Chinny.

On a point of nostalgia, I cant seem to find any update on what happened to Vladimir Antonovs extradition case, the hearing should have been in July. His twitter account mentions Mr. Mendeleev, attached to this report (No news articles on Sergey Mendeleev on google):

https://twitter.com/vladantonov1975

http://www.delfi.lv/biznes/finances/kpmg-baltics-dokumenty-kotorye-priveli-k-bankrotstvu-krajbanka-ne-byli-poddelnymi.d?id=43323291

KPMG Baltics categorically rejects the assertion that the decision to initiate insolvency proceedings Latvijas Krājbanka was taken on the basis of documents which may have been forged.

The administrator says that the insolvency of Latvijas Krājbankas come because of physical disability, and the unavailability of funds, resulting in the bank is no longer able to pay with their customers.

That is why the Riga City Council and the Commission on Financial and Capital Markets filed a claim for a bank failure.

The administrator of the bank has not taken any decision on the basis of documents which may have been forged. Quite the contrary - perhaps because of false documents and illegal actions of the former management and owners of the bank huge sums of money stuck on correspondent accounts with foreign banks, which was the reason to stop the activities of the bank. Therefore, the administrator asked the law enforcement agencies, which have already started criminal proceedings, to assess these possible illegal activities and bring those responsible to justice.

In addition, the administrator of the bank is suing several foreign banks to return the money stuck there for an amount of more than 100 million lats. In several foreign jurisdictions begun criminal trials, and KPMG Baltics already won in the court of first instance in Ukraine, where the company fights for return-owned Latvijas Krājbanka funds in the amount of several million lats, which was stuck in the accounts of Converse.

I am interested to know what happened in this story!

200,000 current customers and had 250,000 fans activated on Southsea Common when we brought home the FA Cup

How do you activate a fan? Are there 50000 robot Pompey fans stored in a warehouse (I almost typed 'whorehouse' then by mistake) somewhere who are turned on, booted up and programmed to march up to Southsea Common every time they win a cup?

As for the 200000 current customers, it seems that way under 10% of them are turning up. The rest must need activating into giving a shlt.

Micah, you are supposed to be a fan. Don't start trotting out all that management horsecrap. It makes you look like a total gimp and few of the few's supporters will understand it.

How do you activate a fan? Are there 50000 robot Pompey fans stored in a warehouse (I almost typed 'whorehouse' then by mistake) somewhere who are turned on, booted up and programmed to march up to Southsea Common every time they win a cup?

As for the 200000 current customers, it seems that way under 10% of them are turning up. The rest must need activating into giving a shlt.

Micah, you are supposed to be a fan. Don't start trotting out all that management horsecrap. It makes you look like a total gimp and few of the few's supporters will understand it.

Over on POL he sounds like a right gimp the way he has handled tarmacgate and the debt affair.

I think the point earlier was, if the loan has been repaid in full, when is the council going to be removed from the charges? Does that take long?

As for today's spin...

In many ways we are a Premier League club with a vast catchment area - err, no you are not, you are two divisions below Yeovil, Doncaster and Bournemouth, in a modest catchment area, squeezed by much bigger clubs on both sides.

We have a very tight line to walk between driving a personal experience and still retaining that big club feel - no you don't, you are two divisions below Yeovil, Doncaster and Bournemouth, there is no big club feel to retain.

You are a small club.

Maybe it's time to drop the delusions of grandeur.

Though I suspect seeing what our semi-youthful team did last night to a club two divisions superior to them might stop the clamour for a return match with the scummahs anytime soon.

I 8-1 would relish that fixture.

another excellent spot.

Suddenly our little heroic football urchin's clan is exposed as fame-hungry, self-promotional, and willing to say anything to get in a paper.

They're giving all his pocket money to pompey...but they can afford to splash out on bottles of water, :o and as well as being the mascot of pompey future he is also embroiled in the fight against creeping religious intolerance in schools and the imposition of Islamic values on the classroom.

Do this busy family have any views on Syria?

We need to know!

Classy....

Mail86.jpg

Oh THANK GOD for the Trust.

I am SO glad that they did not die.

The LAST thing any one of the other 92 clubs in the League wants are fans like this.

FFS Football is a Respectable BUSINESS these days, we don't want no Walmart families hanging round proper Football Stadiums

Oh, and with fashion sense like that it makes you wonder what their POL version of Turkish must be like)

acf259c9-fcdb-4488-be11-f4fe8a9acf93_normal.pngNeil Allen@pn_neil_allen16h

Well, it has arrived! Feast your eyes on this fellow News syndicate members @stevebone1 @Greg_KOS_sport #Pompey pic.twitter.com/k5iANLYhQX

BSxwyRFIYAArtwp.jpg:large

Well, if the recession bites into their advertising revenues and they have to reduce costs, at least that will have some value (unlike all the others issued)

'

They'll be able to use it to wipe their asses on

1953 was the last time they averaged over 30,000.

To put that into perspective Preston North End also averaged over 30,000 then as well.

To put that into perspective, there wouldn't have been a person that paid to get in that day who is now under retirement age. England had never lost a home football match, the backpass law was 37 years from being implemented, Saints have two current players who wouldn't even be born for 43 years afterwards, and the Queen had her Coronation that year.

Edited by The9

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})