Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Some quotes from POL tonight. Get your :mcinnes: at the ready

With almost 16000 there fleetwood must have thought it was wembley and upped their game whilst we stood about and scratched our asses by the sound of things

What really pishes me off is that they went bust more often than we did, have a population that is little more than our average attendance and yet they have the money to be as successful on the pitch as they are! How the f*ck can their chairman finance that!??

Not been in the Brewers for around 11 years and at long last go there for a pint of my favourite tipple only to find it was sold out FFS!!! Then to add insult to injury, your bloody home town lot lose to the filth down the road!

Was good to meet Jay at last though, then I bumped into his sister in Frogmore Road as well!

Have to admit, I left when the 4th official put up the time left to be added on

Is there anything more depressing than losing at home when scum win away? Another shiit Saturday night.

We wouldn't have lost that game if the fookin officials had done their job , foul on Agyemang , then their striker who scored is 2 yards offside .

I fookin hate officials

I have a cunning plan for next home game, can all season ticket holders please stay away, our players are intimidated by large crowds & only perform in front of 5,000 people

The only good thing today for me was I never went phew!

Can't see the exact moment the ball was played on the video clip on FL Show, but "2 yards offside" does not sound like an accurate reflection of the ball through to Fleetwood's striker, before the comical set of ricochets which led to the hilarious OG that was the winner.

Oh, and I see those damn Daggers wore their one year old light blue exact replica of the Skates' "bespoke" home kit again today... and Newport County are now selling THREE replica shirts which cost less to buy than the ones the Skates claim are "the cheapest in the country".

Oh, and I see those damn Daggers wore their one year old light blue exact replica of the Skates' "bespoke" home kit again today... and Newport County are now selling THREE replica shirts which cost less to buy than the ones the Skates claim are "the cheapest in the country".

Why does Hodgson never pick Gareth Bale?!?! :)

Hilarious stuff on POL. "They must have thought it was Wembley". Between the years of 2003 and 2006 perhaps.

Think this is a significant time for any rivalry.

On a weekend when we won away at one of the world's most famous clubs, a victory that caused radio 5's commentator to say we could be surprise contender for champions league this season - skates lost to a team I honestly didn't even know were in the football league.

Look here rarely now. Was explaining to my sons how I didn't see them as rivals until recently as they were insignificant.

If they don't make play offs this season they are doomed. Support will continue to die. Community feel good factor gone.

They will have no chance of rich takeover as fans won't want to sell. A nothing lower league club but fans will proudly talk about winning league before any of us were born. .ahh.bless..

They will have no chance of rich takeover as fans won't want to sell.

I think your only inaccuracy, as they don't actually own, just have a pretty certificate that can't be sold on the market. Plus there isn't really anything to sell, is there? Assets, thriving concern, big customer base, goodwill???? Mwaahh ha.

is that the Salisbury City who were hammered by the football authorities for a debt that must have been about 1/1000th of the pompey debts?

Let's not forget that pompey were done a huge favour by the FL when they wrote off their most recent points penalty into the last relegation.

By all the regulations they should be bottom of the league on minus 1 at the moment.

Whereas they are in fact riding high, on the brink of play-off glory.

Yes, the future in bright.

Really.

Any other clubs considering fan ownership must be going back to the drawing board.

They are projected to lose £900k this year. It's in the business plan.

Well if they are losing 35k pw then their losses will be closer to 1.5m!!! The HNW's will be sweating as soon they may be having less money than the ones will the paper certificates lol .

I would be amused if that were true, but with all due respect to the informant, I have yet to meet a skate who has any grasp of finance, business - and in many cases, reality.

So I think I'll await the official accounts which I'm sure will be filed on time, and with an air of transparency.

I would be amused if that were true, but with all due respect to the informant, I have yet to meet a skate who has any grasp of finance, business - and in many cases, reality.

So I think I'll await the official accounts which I'm sure will be filed on time, and with an air of transparency.

thats a tad unfair,didn't that Storrie bloke go to the high court and tell the judge they had assets worth 100m and provided jobs for 16000 people etcetera ......oh

thats a tad unfair,didn't that Storrie bloke go to the high court and tell the judge they had assets worth 100m and provided jobs for 16000 people etcetera ......oh

Ahh yes and one of my favorite one liners from the whole saga.

Barrister; And what makes you think these footballers are worth 50 million.

Storrie; My 25 years football experience :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ertl has found the problem- he reckons it was counter-productive to get all those red cards:

‘I looked on the Football League website and we were bottom of the league for discipline.'

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/ertl-we-ve-learned-from-red-woes-1-5515373

They managed to avoid a sending-off yesterday, so I imagine they will be celebrating in style:

29ghh51.jpg

Interesting read - is this the first signs that everything is not quite hunky dory at the fortress or a case of what the natives were told was not the quite the whole truth at the time?
If Franklin Mint brought out an empty box with a Pompey certificate in it, the selling point being that it was going to be worth a fortune one day, they would pay £1000 for it. I suppose they would at least have an empty box at the end of the day,seems a better deal than what they got

Ho-hum, yawn. Here we go again.

"We know from bitter experience that we cannot rely on the competence or consistency of the game’s authorities when we get into difficulties. While I hope we never end up in such a conflict over governance or ownership of the club again, I am not prepared to rely on hope and optimism. I am a firm believer in putting our rights into writing, indeed I would go a lot further than the Trust’s rules and would like to see statutory action to clean up and regulate the game. We just can’t trust the FA, the Premier League, the Football League, or the PFA."

It was the fault of the FA, the Football League, Fifa, the International Olympic Committee, the RSPCA, the Salvation Army and just about every organisation you can name who sat back and did nothing to prevent Pompey spending way beyond their means and buying trophies.

Leopards, spots, etc.

Ho-hum, yawn. Here we go again.

"We know from bitter experience that we cannot rely on the competence or consistency of the game’s authorities when we get into difficulties. While I hope we never end up in such a conflict over governance or ownership of the club again, I am not prepared to rely on hope and optimism. I am a firm believer in putting our rights into writing, indeed I would go a lot further than the Trust’s rules and would like to see statutory action to clean up and regulate the game. We just can’t trust the FA, the Premier League, the Football League, or the PFA."

It was the fault of the FA, the Football League, Fifa, the International Olympic Committee, the RSPCA, the Salvation Army and just about every organisation you can name who sat back and did nothing to prevent Pompey spending way beyond their means and buying trophies.

Leopards, spots, etc.

Somebody-Stop-Me-Gif-In-The-Mask.gif

Shame really as Terry Clarke was taken for £70,000 by the "old" club. Business went bust as well!!

Terry Clarke builder and club creditor

"Two weeks before the season I did some extension work to the dressing room at Fratton Park. I haven't been paid. They've taken advantage of me because I love Portsmouth. I've followed the club for 50 years — my dad took me when I was four years old. I've done my bit for the club over the years, sponsoring its youth development programme, introducing new clients to them, because I only want the best for Portsmouth. They played on my loyalties because I would never put any pressure on"

Edited by Weston Saint

I can only imagine the furniture expert was overawed by the quality of the items, or the passion of the people stood about watching.

Presumably the Premier League sent out emails to all the antiques experts telling them to undervalue them.

I find it very difficult to believe that those chairs that were off the Victory/Warrior/Gosport Ferry have been either bigged up as something they aren't, or that they have been overvalued in the past by people close to the club.

Did any of their experts manage to carbon date Kanu within a decade or two?

Oh dear, how unfortunate....

That we only get Antiques Roadshow about 2 years after you lot on BBC Entertainment. Still by then this week's episode could have taken on a new level of ROFLness.

So now we have clear evidence that assets of PCFC were overvalued. I am shocked and surprised.

But surely, after ALL the build up and articles in the press last week about the evil Sacha discarding millions of pounds worth of History and Terry TRULY believing he had recovered his Pension Fund that had been so callously stolen from him, he must have felt like a bloke who'd just had a Vasectomy being kicked a dozen times in the nuts by a MMA World Champion prior to having a Prostate Exam by a Doc who forgot the KY Jelly.

Yet again, the football world sat back and laughed at the skates.

The gift that keeps giving.

Oh dear, how unfortunate....

That we only get Antiques Roadshow about 2 years after you lot on BBC Entertainment. Still by then this week's episode could have taken on a new level of ROFLness.

So now we have clear evidence that assets of PCFC were overvalued. I am shocked and surprised.

But surely, after ALL the build up and articles in the press last week about the evil Sacha discarding millions of pounds worth of History and Terry TRULY believing he had recovered his Pension Fund that had been so callously stolen from him, he must have felt like a bloke who'd just had a Vasectomy being kicked a dozen times in the nuts by a MMA World Champion prior to having a Prostate Exam by a Doc who forgot the KY Jelly.

Yet again, the football world sat back and laughed at the skates.

The gift that keeps giving.

Poor old Terry the builder, that was his collateral! Him and factless had it down for hald a million just five weeks ago:

If the source of the wood can be authenticated, the value could be set around £500,000.

article-2429353-1BE40561000005DC-733_634x496.jpg

He has kept them in storage for seven years too, unless he owns the storage space outright in every aspect, I suspect these chairs are actually a liability which he has to financially support.

The table is currently being looked after by a friend of the builder – a Pompey fan who has taken over the costly footing of the storage bill.

friend, LOL :mcinnes: , Poor Tel.

Guess where I am going this Thursday evening....

I shall give you a full run-down of the state of the ground as I find it. Bearing in mind the state of the loos I won't have a drink before I go, and as it's a women's international they'll be a more than average demand.:-) Just wondering whether I should wear my old yellow away shirt..

Poor old Terry the builder, that was his collateral! Him and factless had it down for hald a million just five weeks ago:

article-2429353-1BE40561000005DC-733_634x496.jpg

He has kept them in storage for seven years too, unless he owns the storage space outright in every aspect, I suspect these chairs are actually a liability which he has to financially support.

friend, LOL :mcinnes: , Poor Tel.

Is it just me, or are all the chair legs proportioned for people with 12" inside legs?

:suspicious:

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})