Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Thought they had one in the bag, checked the table and they'd moved up to within 3 points of top half and had resigned to the thought of them not being relegated.

Then I just checked Twitter...

HAHAHAHAHA another last minute goal against!

PFC the gift that just keeps giving :D

Following Pompey (whilst wanting them to lose) is so amazing. The last few seasons have been so great to be a saint! Massive rise through the leagues for us and constant laughs checking what they're up to! This thread has a long way to go yet! WTFILN

1/2: @pn_neil_allen: RT @SonnyBradley91: For anyone that wants to know.. I had an argument with a fan after he raised his hand to punch me as I was walking off the pitch

@pn_neil_allen: RT @SonnyBradley91: ....we accept criticism but there's a line. Threatening to assault me is crossing that line.

:lol:

You come home from a frustrating afternoon and so many times in recent years there is a little present to cheer you up.

Sometimes it's a drab home defeat, on other occasions it's a gloriously plucky point against the odds.

Today it's Exeter equalising SO late that half of their players were in the lounge, and a couple of them had even made it home and were sat on the sofa watching the rugby.

It seems that Richie's fan-owned, debt-free, gallant battling troops slipped up again - presumably because the game was too big for the ref.

Madame Football is a fickle mistress, and she loves a bit of Karma.

She's dishing it out to the few like a Horton Heath..........used commercial vehicle sales advisor.

Meanwhile, Pompey Pravda excuse #p!sspoorportsmouth, blaming that well-known problem for 'the sleepiest giant that ever was', namely their L2 competitors reliably raising their game when playing their 'cup finals' against #lowlyportsmouth:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/time-for-weak-blame-culture-to-go-1-5864658

'Pompey have never looked likely to live up to their billing as League Two title-contenders, after being installed as bookies’ favourites for the crown last summer. A number of reasons have been forwarded for that, including a new squad being put together and teams raising their games when facing the Blues.

1/2: @pn_neil_allen: RT @SonnyBradley91: For anyone that wants to know.. I had an argument with a fan after he raised his hand to punch me as I was walking off the pitch

@pn_neil_allen: RT @SonnyBradley91: ....we accept criticism but there's a line. Threatening to assault me is crossing that line.

They really are totally lacking in class of any kind aren't they...players, journalists, board...and to the very lowest - the fans :-)

The gift that keeps on giving - pure car crash viewing ...shalala la lalala...

Thats ok as long as he didn't boo him.

Jesus christ, they really are the lowest of the low down there.

Meanwhile, Pompey Pravda excuse #p!sspoorportsmouth, blaming that well-known problem for 'the sleepiest giant that ever was', namely their L2 competitors reliably raising their game when playing their 'cup finals' against #lowlyportsmouth:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/time-for-weak-blame-culture-to-go-1-5864658

'Pompey have never looked likely to live up to their billing as League Two title-contenders, after being installed as bookies’ favourites for the crown last summer. A number of reasons have been forwarded for that, including a new squad being put together and teams raising their games when facing the Blues.

:facepalm:

Glanced at the tv as I left the stadium and saw that Pompey were one up, I thought that was a result. Got soaked walking to car. Was feeling a bit sorry for myself in the car until I heard the final scores on 5 live. Cue big belly laugh and all is well in the world again. Especially now as England are giving the sweaties a good shoeing.

Going to be a tough 24 hours for the blue phew whilst they work out whether Bradley is a hero or a villain.

It's been pointed out in this thread that the dividing line for that lot between HERO and VILLAIN is razor-thin and inconsistent: e.g. one moment they're demanding that 'King Kanu' be awarded the freedom of the city for his heroic role in stealing the FA Cup, the next he's the most spat-upon reviled villain for wanting to be paid what they owe him. And so-on, and on, and on...

pompey fans dont boo their own. NO WAY

he must have been a scumma is disguise

Best Fans in the World™

and they come for free

Well quite. Just ask some of those 'negotiably virtuous' womenfolk of Horton Heath in whose not-inconsiderably-expensive company Avram whiled away many a rainy afternoon.

Now thats an image I shall have to work at forgetting.

This one could run and run, the hero-villain-ometer might take a couple of days to settle down. Which way will it point when it finally comes to rest?

The verdict is already in.

It never happened. Bradley made it all up to cover his own guilt for swearing at the bestest women and children. Apparently.

So villain it is then.

He's right................. next time, don't threaten ...... just do it

FActless allen ..... giving Tw*ts a bad name

The verdict is already in.

It never happened. Bradley made it all up to cover his own guilt for swearing at the bestest women and children. Apparently.

So villain it is then.

I was leaving seats near the tunnel and saw/ heard some of what happened, if it is all the same incident.Basically as players walked off bloke shouted that players needed to switch on and play for the full 90. Mr Bradley decided the best way to react was by calling the bloke a f---ing pr--k, bloke says don't call me a f--ing pr--k.

ha ha

A. Pompeyfan discussing Exeter:

Apparently when Tisdale was held in god status there they gave him a rolling two year contract on 140/150k p.a. to maximise the compensation when the inevitable bigger club came in for him. Now they would like to sack him but cannot afford to do so, and none of the clubs that might like to take him (like us) cannot afford him either. Meanwhile they have had to go cap in hand to the supporters trust for a 30k loan just to keep going.

I hope they survive, a welcoming, well run club, and a model for fans ownership on a much smaller scale than ours.

This is a particularly telling example of #SkateDoubleFink and tells you everything you need to know about the culture of their club. Apparently, Exeter are "a well-run club" and a "model for fans [sic] ownership." This despite the fact they've put Tisdale on a contract they can't afford, are nearly bust and are going to have to get the begging bowl out again.

Ring any Chimes? It's certainly a model I recognise, but not one I'd aspire to.

Apparently when Tisdale was held in god status there they gave him a rolling two year contract on 140/150k p.a. to maximise the compensation when the inevitable bigger club came in for him. Now they would like to sack him but cannot afford to do so, and none of the clubs that might like to take him (like us) cannot afford him either. Meanwhile they have had to go cap in hand to the supporters trust for a 30k loan just to keep going.

I hope they survive, a welcoming, well run club, and a model for fans ownership on a much smaller scale than ours.

This is a particularly telling example of #SkateDoubleFink and tells you everything you need to know about the culture of their club. Apparently, Exeter are "a well-run club" and a "model for fans [sic] ownership." This despite the fact they've put Tisdale on a contract they can't afford, are nearly bust and are going to have to get the begging bowl out again.

Ring any Chimes? I'd recognise that fishy stink of breathtaking hypocrisy anywhere... :D

Edited by Waterside.saint

Well of course he is right in some ways.

When the skates need money they have ALWAYS gone to someone else. Now that they are self sufficient and fan owned, they went to?

The HNW's for money.....

As Brian Howe so succinctly put it. Ask not of the 3,500 who paid their 1,000 pounds, think of the 13,500 regulars who were not stupid enough to do that.

:mcinnes:

Really? How many seasons at this level is going to get them to realise that this IS their level?

Some skate just posted their win/loss rate since 2009/10 season...

''Quick stats before I take the dog for a walk. Starting from 2009/10 to up-to-date, ignoring points deductionS.

Played 206 league matches,

won 51.

Win rate 25%.''

''Might as well give you the loss rate. Lost 99, Overall;

Won 25%.

Drawn 27%.

Lost 48%.''

My six-year-old daughter supped on a banana milkshake from McDonald’s – apparently she didn’t realise you could get them.

There was also the hamburger with relish and onions scraped off. Only a quarter eaten, yet delicious all the same.

No fries. Abi had never heard of them before. Aren’t they just chips, came the reply.

Then granddad took her to Fratton Park to watch a Pompey match for the first-ever time.

In terms of preference, that is how she painted last Saturday – strictly in that order.

WTF??? :mcinnes: