Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

This morning I had the pleasure of reading this write up of the Pompey 0-1 Torquay game in the Portsmouth University newspaper.

http://www.galleonnews.com/2014/02/portsmouth-0-torquay-1-portsmouth-come-up-short-in-relegation-battle-against-torquay/

I did wonder if "Jayden Stockely" and "Ben Chorely" were players they'd signed in the last couple of days, but the funniest bit I thought was near the end

"Boss rang out around Fratton Park at the final whistle, with Pompey now only three points above the relegation zone having played a game more than many of their relegation rivals"

No that isn't a typo, we all know they never boo their own players :mcinnes:

This morning I had the pleasure of reading this write up of the Pompey 0-1 Torquay game in the Portsmouth University newspaper.

http://www.galleonnews.com/2014/02/portsmouth-0-torquay-1-portsmouth-come-up-short-in-relegation-battle-against-torquay/

I did wonder if "Jayden Stockely" and "Ben Chorely" were players they'd signed in the last couple of days, but the funniest bit I thought was near the end

"Boss rang out around Fratton Park at the final whistle, with Pompey now only three points above the relegation zone having played a game more than many of their relegation rivals"

No that isn't a typo, we all know they never boo their own players :mcinnes:

Are you sure this was in a publication from a University ??

I always thought that "boss" wasn't the way to spell "boos" but then again I never went to University only a Secondary School.

Oh hang on you did say Portsmouth University. :lol::blush:

Edited by Saint in Paradise
Forgot smillie thing :blush:

for St Mary's to have been more than a 1/5 empty the attendance would need to have been less than 26'071, which it wasn't. Therefore he has written a blatant lie.

might email the press complaints commission for a laugh.

ha ha worse than the fact I studied maths at uni and didn't pick up on that, was the fact I took what was written by a skate as gospel!

:facepalm: for me

Are you sure this was in a publication from a University ??

I always thought that "boss" wasn't the way to spell "boos" but then again I never went to University only a Secondary School.

Oh hang on you did say Portsmouth University.

ha ha worse than the fact I studied maths at uni and didn't pick up on that, was the fact I took what was written by a skate as gospel!

:facepalm: for me

:lol: Thanks Saint in Paradise, you've just reminded my why I can't do maths - I studied it ad Portsmouth Uni

Rate: -11 Name withheld

denmeadblue

10:30 AM on 12/02/2014

're: Baffins. When were you consulted? I am a shareholder and part owner and not been consulted once. Did I want Barker? No, I wanted the Oxford bloke , was I consulted ? Was I consulted about the recruitment of players? No I wasn't. £450k from HNW.s , diluting my shareholding, was I consulted? To my knowledge I have had just as.much input now than I had in the last 10.years. if we are relegated, my share is being sold. 9 places above Salisbury FFS

They still think they can sell their shares,:mcinnes:

Well in fairness he may get 4p in the pound for it.

This is the guy that has worked on all the plans....I think he is a director; So it looks like a car park and whatever is left behind the Milton road (I have no idea)....

The longer term aspiration of the club is to have a capacity of at least 300 to make it a viable sKrill Prem outfit.

Corrected.

Latest spin -

The national press have pointed out the average home Pompey attendances this season – as the club founder at the bottom of League Two – show where loyalty lies in Hampshire.

And former players still line up to wax lyrical about the Blues supporters being the best in the business – Asmir Begovic and Paul Merson being two of the most recent to do so.

But look a little closer and it’s clear the Fratton faithful are facing the biggest challenge to their standing as English football’s most fervent fans.

Putting aside the spelling mistake, the forced quotes from template journalism, the inaccuracies, and the hint that they tipped off the nationals with false figures, this piece does look a bit needy and (I don't know if it's been mentioned before) delusional.

It's nice to see they have downgraded themselves from best in the world to best in England, but I still think that there are maybe 40 clubs that would challenge their fantasy claim.

Just stop, it was funny, now it's undignified!

People are just laughing at you.

trustcrest80_bigger.gifPompey Trust@PompeyTrust

As revealed by @AshBeen23 on @ExpressFM last night, we can confirm that the share :mcinnes: offer has been extended until July 2014. More on this soon

Is it just me that thinks they are desparate for more donations, (sorry shares) and thats why the deadline keeps moving right, surely the are running out of idiots down there who think they ae buying a share, and whats the odds that come july it gets extended again, perhaps the money is needed for the summer shutdown.

Is it just me that thinks they are desparate for more donations, (sorry shares) and thats why the deadline keeps moving right, surely the are running out of idiots down there who think they ae buying a share, and whats the odds that come july it gets extended again, perhaps the money is needed for the summer shutdown.

They keep extending it yet we keep reading of more and more of the regular fans who are not happy with the way the "Elite" of the PDT are running things

Warning.... do not watch this whilst drinking coffee in the vicinity of a computer screen...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/video-exeter-video-diary-1-5875813

They must have uploaded the wrong video,

The description says 'Neil Allen, Jordan Cross and Steve Wilson give their unique insight on the day’s events.'

But none of that happens.

Look a lake, look a car park ticket, look a lawnmower, and finally the summary of their unique insight ' No Comment' '

W$nkers

trustcrest80_bigger.gifPompey Trust@PompeyTrust

As revealed by @AshBeen23 on @ExpressFM last night, we can confirm that the share :mcinnes: offer has been extended until July 2014. More on this soon

No doubt the July point is there to link with ST sales (buy a share and get X off your 14/15 ST). They are clearly seriously rattled and desperate for donations, those HNW are eating into their %.

Meanwhile a club genuinely owned by their fans is agreeing to sell, but the fans will continue to own the ground.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26186275

Interesting that these guys have 'dramatically improved the finances' and I suspect have done that without 1 mile sponsored bike rides, raiding kids piggy banks etc. Wish the BBC would stop calling the blue phew fan owned though - they can claim that if they ever manage to have assets in excess of their debts (i.e. never!)

10:30 AM on 12/02/2014

're: Baffins. When were you consulted? I am a shareholder and part owner and not been consulted once. Did I want Barker? No, I wanted the Oxford bloke , was I consulted ? Was I consulted about the recruitment of players? No I wasn't. £450k from HNW.s , diluting my shareholding, was I consulted? To my knowledge I have had just as.much input now than I had in the last 10.years. if we are relegated, my share is being sold. 9 places above Salisbury FFS

They still think they can sell their shares,

I'd love to hear the conversation with a stockbroker when he tried to sell them

LOL, that might be worth a recorded phone call to a broker!

Brilliant.

Warning.... do not watch this whilst drinking coffee in the vicinity of a computer screen...

That is absolutely shocking - and these guys actually work in professional media, really. How on earth their bosses allowed them to upload such a complete and amateurish rubbish is beyond me. I work for a small sized company - had I submitted that garbage for inclusion in an internal event, I would have been castigated.

Not only did they submit it - but it's been allowed to get into the public domain. Embarrassing.

As Hatch said, there's nothing in the way of insight at all. They're basically just bunch of teenage boys on a jolly - it wouldn't be considered good enough as a piece of work for a GCSE assignment, but for something produced by "professional journalists" it's a joke. Sums them up, really.

Why did all 3 of them go? I mean, really why?

To their employer I imagine that will rightly look like a total waste of wages and resources. They have managed to demonstrate to their employer, via video published online in the public domain, that (at least) two of those three are not gainfully employed in any way, they are simply on the take, blagging their way into press boxes, having a jolly on other peoples money!

Amatuer!

Mind you, it is mostly nutjobs clicking through to these links, just to have a laugh at #factless and the gang, so perhaps this wonderful piece is for purely for our entertainment.

here is some headlines for neil, no charge!

pompey sign pizza man, but the team can't deliver

pompey sign pizza man, but still have no dough

pompey put the z's in pizza

PUPeroni!

That pizza guy's 'pompey dream' is coming true then. Just hope his middle-aged ticker will last 90 mins, if not he'll find himself sitting next to Agent Connolly on the bench at Oxford faster than you can say 'fish'

And people thought this thread should be closed. Outstanding!

I feel such ambivalence;.on one hand the latest few news items underline with much emphasis why we are not in the same league, domain, or culture as them. Their tinpotness must be understood in relation to other L2 clubs as it is simply too mind blowing to compare them with our utterly professional club. On the other hand, who would walk away from so much coffee on so many keyboards and lols enough to keep us going to their next admin and beyond.

As for the pizza gags, I heard they will be making a special Quattro Adminstrazione pizza to commemorate their latest collection of administrative efforts...