Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Presumably Man Utd or Chelsea will come in for villain Jed and give them about £8M in development fees, that will give Richie a promotion warchest.

Add in the £10M from Robinson, increased full price season ticket sales plus the next couple of parachute payments, and they can build the new stadium during the summer, just in time to welcome England back after our dominant World Cup victory.

Bit early in the day to have had quite so many... :D

Well, what a great day for anyone who enjoys seeing #p!sspoorportsmouth suffer :mcinnes:

Happily, both Accrington and Bury were able to win their games, thereby pushing #lowlyportsmouth into 21st place, i.e. just 3 rungs off the bottom of the league

#shouldnthappentothebestest

Edited by Waterside.saint

Do we have any volunteers on here to check the main board every now and then, and report back when it's safe to go back on there?

I've re-banned 1 and a couple of others are close!

glad to see that #lowlypompey have taken the bestest beating today to top our effort.

can you explain that for the hard of understanding?

"This deal is good for the club because the developer and club President Stuart Robinson will give us land to the north of the stadium and also a strip behind the Fratton End as well as a substantial cash injection that is totally ring-fenced by Portsmouth City Council to be used only for improvements to Fratton Park."

Are PCC ring-fencing the cash or actually giving the cash injection? I thought I'd better check, because if he bothered with some actual punctuation in this sentence, that would change the meaning dramatically.

Something went wrong with the dictation. The cash injection was to install a ring fence around Fratton Park......

Do we have any volunteers on here to check the main board every now and then, and report back when it's safe to go back on there?

It's not safe on there yet, lots of Mopo out, Mopo to stay, nothing about the better story of the lowly few losing 5-1.

Well done Pompey for cheering me up after Saints losing and Ireland getting beat in the rugby.

Since his very first post match interview, he's come across as the worst kind of ignorant, reactionary manager who believes his own hype. It's almost beyond belief that they got rid of Whittingham for this oaf.

You have to wonder if the club's new tactic of giving out jobs to mates is going to backfire...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

"We obviously have not got enough of the right people at this club with the desire that is needed.

"We are just papering over the cracks at the moment, waiting for the season to come to an end."

To be fair to him, it's going to be so much easier to build another new squad for next season, without the hindrance of all those pesky parachute payments that have been holding them back for the last four years.

So, in the first paragraph it states that Barker 'accused some of his players of simply waiting for the season to end' and the article finished with a direct quote from Barker saying, "We are just papering over the cracks at the moment, waiting for the season to come to an end."

Nothing hypocritical there at all, eh Mr Barker? Maybe the players are just taking their manager's lead? Please, please, please lead them out of L2 this season...... you only need to drop 2 more places!!!!!

Since his very first post match interview, he's come across as the worst kind of ignorant, reactionary manager who believes his own hype. It's almost beyond belief that they got rid of Whittingham for this oaf.

You have to wonder if the club's new tactic of giving out jobs to mates is going to backfire...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Kinda reminds you of Saggy chops during his time here doesn't it? "it's a tough job, not my fault" etc etc.

They do have a lot of moronic followers, but sadly I wouldn't have to look too hard to find some equally deluded ramblings on our own main board at the moment.

The only consolation is that the few have gone for both quality and quantity whereas our fanbase has a lower ratio of idiots.

As a club, they are certainly the bestest though.

We lose to an appalling pub team 3-1, but they outdo us again and ship five goals on a northern allotment.

This battle to be the most disappointing club in Hampshire is one that we just cannot win.

They do have a lot of moronic followers, but sadly I wouldn't have to look too hard to find some equally deluded ramblings on our own main board at the moment.

The only consolation is that the few have gone for both quality and quantity whereas our fanbase has a lower ratio of idiots.

As a club, they are certainly the bestest though.

We lose to an appalling pub team 3-1, but they outdo us again and ship five goals on a northern allotment.

This battle to be the most disappointing club in Hampshire is one that we just cannot win.

:lol:

This bit made me laugh.

"Well we had people experienced in running a club & they were a total facking disaster. Some of the stuff going on behind the scenes now shows that these "clowns" in some respects are doing a far better job running PFC. The two major mistakes so far IMO has been appointing GW & RB."

It's like "what have the romans done for us" in reverse.

Apart from appointing the wrong manager both times, they're doing well :mcinnes: