Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

From the PDT FAQ's

Can I get my money back in the future?

Potentially yes, although there is no guarantee. PST community shares are withdrawable with the consent of the PST Board. The Board will not be able to consent to withdrawals before 2016 and there is no certainty, given the challenges the club faces, that withdrawals will be possible thereafter. Withdrawals will be made possible through the continual investment of new participants and by building up the reserves of PST. Withdrawals will be limited to no more than 5% of the total ‘Community Share’ capital in PST in any one year. Requests to withdraw shares will be considered by the Board in the order of receipt by the PST Secretary of written requests. The Board will decide on requests having regard to the long term interests of PST, the need to maintain prudent reserves and PST’s primary commitment to community benefit.

- See more at: http://www.communitypompey.co.uk/faqs/#faq10

Course you can get your money back......:lol:

From the PDT FAQ's

Potentially yes, although there is no guarantee. PST community shares are withdrawable with the consent of the PST Board. The Board will not be able to consent to withdrawals before 2016 and there is no certainty, given the challenges the club faces, that withdrawals will be possible thereafter. Withdrawals will be made possible through the continual investment of new participants and by building up the reserves of PST. Withdrawals will be limited to no more than 5% of the total ‘Community Share’ capital in PST in any one year. Requests to withdraw shares will be considered by the Board in the order of receipt by the PST Secretary of written requests. The Board will decide on requests having regard to the long term interests of PST, the need to maintain prudent reserves and PST’s primary commitment to community benefit.

Sounds like a Ponzi scheme :scared:

Perhaps theguy who wants the money should follow the advice given of pimpimg his daughter.

A couple of those quotes on there were tasteless.

Only 5% allowed out each year! I wonder if the board will make sure they get theirs first as the creditors come calling when the time comes.

Sounds like a Ponzi scheme :scared:

Sounds more like a pyramid selling scam

No pyramid about it...

Not ponzi either, early 'investors' in a ponzi scheme got some ROI.

In fact it's not even an investment, if you do happen to be lucky enough to get your share back then, in real terms, it'll be worth less than when you put it in.

It was just a way for a bunch of investors who did not have/did not want to invest enough on their own to raise cheap finance with no servicing prior to a sale.

The only real cost of the funding is that they need to give away a minority of seats on the board. Not a big deal if it's a minority and you can influence who is selected for the seats anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was just a way for a bunch of investors who did not have/did not want to invest enough on their own to raise cheap finance with no servicing prior to a sale.

The only real cost of the funding is that they need to give away a minority of seats on the board. Not a big deal if it's a minority and you can influence who is selected for the seats anyway.

TBF, that applies to the vast majority of IPO's.

From the PDT FAQ's

Potentially yes, although there is no guarantee. PST community shares are withdrawable with the consent of the PST Board. The Board will not be able to consent to withdrawals before 2016 and there is no certainty, given the challenges the club faces, that withdrawals will be possible thereafter. Withdrawals will be made possible through the continual investment of new participants and by tbuilding up the reserves of PST. Withdrawals will be limited to no more than 5% of the total ‘Community Share’ capital in PST in any one year. Requests to withdraw shares will be considered by the Board in the order of receipt by the PST Secretary of written requests. The Board will decide on requests having regard to the long term interests of PST, the need to maintain prudent reserves and PST’s primary commitment to community benefit.

building up of reserves, how are they going to do that?

I think they've probably got enough to stay up now, they usually plummet, recover slightly immediately after the transfer window and then plummet further, but I can't see enough of the sides below them picking up enough points and I think they're better than the worst two sides in the league.

Also slightly worried about Newport's playoff hopes, now they've forgotten how to play football after two months of postponements.

Still think languishing in mid league 2 till the money runs out is better in the long term than a possible triumphant season in the Skrill.

I agree with this, although it would be funny as **** and they may even do a Luton and stay down for a while. Momentum is a big thing and if they did storm the conference, could see them going right through league 2 in one go. Grubbing around like Plymouth for a few seasons will really depress them and knock the fight out of all but a few deluded half wits.

I think they are safe from relegation by virtue of Wycombe who are in free fall. Which is a shame as I don't believe they could service the CVA from the Conference. But I think they will continue to struggle in L2 with no training facilities and journeyman players so plenty to gawp at yet.

I don't think they can service the CVA from League Two!

The Trust masterplan and projections MUST have demanded promotion or at least some momentum and full houses to maintain control over outgoings.

This whole damp squib of a season has punched the life out of the dream to be back in the Championship anytime soon.

If you look at some of the big clubs above them in the league pyramid who are not crippled by such debt but are struggling to make progress, you realise how difficult it will be to climb.

Maybe they have a painful truth to accept as they wallow around in League Two obscurity - they have reached their level.

I think he's trying to say Leeds are going bust ;)

Sorry. Cellini or whatever is the only buyer. GFH are broke (actually never had ANY money) Cellinin may not pass FPP which means he is REALLY bad! Leeds will not have the money to pay salaries at the end of Feb WITHOUT a buyer.

I wasn't told that

(by The Daily Fail yesterdat or an emplyoee of GFH today while losing Golf Balls into Palm Trees & Lakes)

Is that the launch piece for the next stage of begging?

Cough up your cash for a new stand.

Millions needed, just so they can increase the number of empty seats on display.

Yep, another cracking idea.

So much better than paying off debt, finding some stability, or maintaining the ground as it is.

Yeah, bigger stands, that's the answer. :?

I have turned to this thread for a bit of solace from the main board. I think it only right that nutjobs should seek out messages from Pompey forums taking the mickey out of Saints fans going into meltdown whilst they celebrate an historic home win over the mighty Wycombe Wanderers. We should be magmanimous and let them have their day in the sun. It would make more entertaining reading than the troll fest that is the main board!

Ah but a bigger stand will mean even more of the 250,000 from Southsea Common presently unable to get a ticket

will now be able to.

This will of course mean a massive influx of money to pay for better players.Perhaps more lawyers to help adjust

the debt payments due (whenever they are.)

They clearly need a MASSIVE expansion in stand capacity to accommodate their MASSIVE fanbase. Meanwhile, back in reality, the fishiest phew struggle to fill even the safety-reduced capacity of their tatty timber tabernacle :D

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/the-tesco-vision-which-should-have-been-a-pompey-cash-cow-1-5881048

Looks like very little money to actually do anything.

Special prize to #factless for using potentially twice in one sentence.

To me this sentence is telling -

Crucially, it will not be enough to bankroll the construction of a stand –more a contribution to be ring fenced until more money can be raised.

Basically, it is in his interests that they never get to raise enough cash to claim their share of his windfall. As I have said before, if I was a fishy few-er I would be very anxious about being this pally with a Spuds-supporting property-speculator. You can just imagine their wails of outrage and shock that they never saw it coming when he stiffs them and they are back in admin. Stupidity is an incurable condition.

majority shareholders?

Oh, I thought they were fan-owned....and debt-free, and that's why we are all so envious.

I've forgotten, why are we jealous again?

I think it basically comes down to them making themselves feel better by pretending we are.

Is that the launch piece for the next stage of begging?

Cough up your cash for a new stand.

Millions needed, just so they can increase the number of empty seats on display.

Yep, another cracking idea.

So much better than paying off debt, finding some stability, or maintaining the ground as it is.

Yeah, bigger stands, that's the answer. :?

The Tesco vision which should have been a Pompey cash cow

LOL :mcinnes:

Their ambition is to build a Tesco store on the site residing in the shadows of Pompey’s home.

Sorry, hang on, residing in the shadows of fatpipes? LOL :mcinnes: Neil, that supermarket is taking fatpipes off the map, visitors to the peoples republic will now drive by without ever seeing the tatty timber tabernacle, it is essentially invisible to anyone without a helicopter.

If granted, the financial rewards for Stuart Robinson – the figurehead of Point Estates and a Pompey president – will be eye-watering as he negotiates a freehold deal with the supermarket giants.

Corpy - is this where the £20m is going? You skates have been royally, royally done on this deal.

Robinson has given Pompey a strip of land running along the back of the Fratton end and measuring 13m deep.

LOL :mcinnes: and how much is he retaining for his pension with Tesco? Outstanding admissions in #factless' article

In addition, the club have negotiated ownership of three parcels of wasteland

:mcinnes: PMSL

car park to house 250 spaces

Ah, fine negotiations, why not describe it like you have the Spurs fans deal, eyewatering

One vision is the construction of a two-tier 12,000 seater stand, costing in excess of £10m

LOL, with what? And why, isnt fatpipes one fith empty week in week out?

Milton end could be flattened and rebuilt to solve the safety issues which have put more than 700 seats out of action at present. Potentially costing £4-5m, it would not actually increase..

EH? Brilliant..

As part of his agreement, he is to hand the club a ‘substantial sum’ running into seven figures, the precise details unwilling to be revealed by those involved as it is deemed ‘commercially sensitive’.

Crucially, it will not be enough to bankroll the construction of a stand

All that build up for the skate readers, then BOOM, #factless drops the bombshell!

For the community ownership, additional investment on that front will be essential and could be aided by grants, a bonds scheme or fund-raising.

Essential, nice choice of words #factless.

Fund raising didnt work very well last time (in fact, its still on-going, the share conversion team, 8yr olds pocket money etc), Robinson and the council bailed the fans out.

That article is a nice compilation of exactly how they have completely crippled themselves for the future, whilst handing over all potential to those who are already making significant gains on their side of the deal.

LOL, skates, its all in the quotes above, you have f*cked yourself whilst being f*cked by Robinson, Tesco PLC and the PDT.

That was a great article, I am becoming quite a fan!

Shalala!

LOL :mcinnes:

!

!

!

Essential, nice choice of words #factless.

Fund raising didnt work very well last time (in fact, its still on-going, the share conversion team, 8yr olds pocket money etc), Robinson and the council bailed the fans out.

That article is a nice compilation of exactly how they have completely crippled themselves for the future, whilst handing over all potential to those who are already making significant gains on their side of the deal.

LOL, skates, its all in the quotes above, you have f*cked yourself whilst being f*cked by Robinson, Tesco PLC and the PDT.

That was a great article, I am becoming quite a fan!

Shalala!

Their recent history shows that, like any raddled fishy trollop, they don't mind being taken any which way by any passing chancer with a few coins to jingle.

Until - perhaps that should be *if* - that changes, they'll remain the laughing stock of the South Coast