Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/the-tesco-vision-which-should-have-been-a-pompey-cash-cow-1-5881048

Looks like very little money to actually do anything.

Special prize to #factless for using potentially twice in one sentence.

Is that the first time they have talked about stadium expansion without mentioning that the new stadium will be the biggest on the South coast?

Their recent history shows that, like any raddled fishy trollop, they don't mind being taken any which way by any passing chancer with a few coins to jingle.

Until - perhaps that should be *if* - that changes, they'll remain the laughing stock of the South Coast

And here, just in case people don't know what a raddled fishy trollop looks like, for your delectation is one. :mcinnes:

PompeyTrollop_zpsc7934e44.jpg

Only pompey would spend money on increasing the capacity of a ground they don't get close to filling when they have got rid of their development team because of lack of money and don't even have a training ground.

Without a sugar daddy the only way they are going to get out of the mess they are in is by finding and developing young talent. A new stand is going to mean f*ck all until they can occasionally fill their ground which would be Championship level - they are light years away from that.

Only pompey would spend money on increasing the capacity of a ground they don't get close to filling when they have got rid of their development team because of lack of money and don't even have a training ground.

Without a sugar daddy the only way they are going to get out of the mess they are in is by finding and developing young talent. A new stand is going to mean f*ck all until they can occasionally fill their ground which would be Championship level - they are light years away from that.

It's just bullsh1t for the cretinous few to believe again - all that talk of ground development is flannel to distract from the fact that they have given away their one tangible asset for peanuts to a property developer. Of all the recent developments this is actually the one that does them the most long-term harm and they haven't seen it yet.

It's just bullsh1t for the cretinous few to believe again - all that talk of ground development is flannel to distract from the fact that they have given away their one tangible asset for peanuts to a property developer. Of all the recent developments this is actually the one that does them the most long-term harm and they haven't seen it yet.

They didn't give their prized asset away. It wasn't theirs to give away. It was sold off [to Robinson] as part of an administration.

The skates had a chance to buy back their prized asset but of course they had no money to do so. IIRC Chinny was close to buying the land wasn't he? Still, when you put your 'trust' into a property developing spurs fan, you reap what you sow :D

Meanwhile, football genius Richie blames the parlous state of their potato patch - you know, the one they could easily have upgraded during their moment in the sun a few years ago, but preferred to neglect in favour of bribing a mercenary army to nick the FA cup with - for their #p!sspoorfootball:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pitch-trouble-forces-blues-to-grind-1-5883338

"... there is no getting away from the fact that the playing surface is the worst it has been in several years, with one area near the players’ tunnel, in particular, causing major concern.

While a large amount of sand has been used in an attempt to try to absorb some of the excess moisture, it certainly does not make it easy to pass the ball on the pitch.

Barker explained: ‘It’s not an excuse but it’s nigh on impossible to play entertaining, attractive football on our pitch at the moment.

‘There was one point where Jed Wallace went to play a pass and it just stopped dead in the mud.

‘The pitch is not helping us at all. It’s not great."

Oh how are the mighty fallen :D

Meanwhile, football genius Richie blames the parlous state of their potato patch - you know, the one they could easily have upgraded during their moment in the sun a few years ago, but preferred to neglect in favour of bribing a mercenary army to nick the FA cup with - for their #p!sspoorfootball:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pitch-trouble-forces-blues-to-grind-1-5883338

"... there is no getting away from the fact that the playing surface is the worst it has been in several years, with one area near the players’ tunnel, in particular, causing major concern.

While a large amount of sand has been used in an attempt to try to absorb some of the excess moisture, it certainly does not make it easy to pass the ball on the pitch.

Barker explained: ‘It’s not an excuse but it’s nigh on impossible to play entertaining, attractive football on our pitch at the moment.

‘There was one point where Jed Wallace went to play a pass and it just stopped dead in the mud.

So where do the visiting team play?

I had confirmed to me by a Director of the Club that no money had been spent on the pitch in 20 years

Looks like the friendly property developer is showing his hand and whats the betting he becomes decidedly less friendly as soon as the first digger is on site? He needs to keep the few on side for now to help smooth the planning application through but once he has tesco's millions in his pocket I doubt we will ever hear from him again as he is swiftly moved down the cool wall from super hero to evil villain.

Fairly safe to say the 'arena' will be well and truly wedged by the proposed development..

oaqia8.jpg

Full plans here - http://tinyurl.com/ohokhsa

I make that cramped parking for no more than 150 cars :D

Assuming that each parked vehicle is packed with 4 people, that means parking for no more than 600 of the bestest :lol:

Where oh where will the rest of the 15000 go I wonder?

Fairly safe to say the 'arena' will be well and truly wedged by the proposed development..

oaqia8.jpg

The penny may be starting to drop for some of the disappointed phew as it slowly dawns on them just how f@cked they are now:

http://idox.portsmouth.gov.uk/online-applications/files/3B540F7A3FF146AB0C090B5FE7FBEC02/pdf/14_00128_FUL-KEITH_TOMLINS-645663.pdf

The penny may be starting to drop for some of the disappointed phew as it slowly dawns on them just how f@cked they are now:

http://idox.portsmouth.gov.uk/online-applications/files/3B540F7A3FF146AB0C090B5FE7FBEC02/pdf/14_00128_FUL-KEITH_TOMLINS-645663.pdf

'Document not available for viewing at this time' ?

Works for me - should download the disappointed skate's bitter complaint as a pdf :D

I make that cramped parking for no more than 150 cars :D

Assuming that each parked vehicle is packed with 4 people, that means parking for no more than 600 of the bestest :lol:

Where oh where will the rest of the 15000 go I wonder?

Back to Southsea common to celebrate the Skrill Championship parade!:lol:

One poor sod is even asking for the mock ups of how the new stadium will look.:scared::scared:

They are all going to be very disappointed.

The new stadium will look....the same as it is now! Makes me laugh they still haven't quite grasped that all they are getting is a new, smaller car park and some Dulux paint! :)

One poor sod is even asking for the mock ups of how the new stadium will look.:scared::scared:

They are all going to be very disappointed.

The new stadium will look....the same as it is now! Makes me laugh they still haven't quite grasped that all they are getting is a new, smaller car park and some Dulux paint! :)

Yes, but what we're failing to grasp here is this won't be any old smaller car park and a few licks of paint, it'll be the bestest small car park and the finest few licks of paint that ever was :lol:

http://idox.portsmouth.gov.uk/online-applications/files/8C807CE980B35B0EDF643BB64CD3CE38/pdf/14_00128_FUL-STATEMENT_OF_COMMUNITY_INVOLVEMENT-644608.pdf

4.0 In their own words………………..

Below are some extracts from the Comments Forms received during the consultation:

“This is a not to be missed opportunity to improve a large area of land in the middle of

the City.” – PO16 7NR

“This it is a brilliant idea for the support of the club and the generating of jobs for the

area.” – PO4 8RB

“Most impressed with display and staff. Good luck!” – PO2 7HN

“Very impressed with all aspects of proposed development. Has definitely needed doing

for years. Good luck everyone!!” – PO2 9JY

“Can we get this done by tomorrow please!!” – PO15 5NS

“All plans look very impressive – can’t wait.” – PO2 9JY

“Additional large scale shopping is needed in this area (see large queues in ASDA)

seems a win win for all concerned” – PO5 2JG

“I support this proposal as it should benefit Portsmouth Football Club” – PO2 7RX

“The idea of the plan is good. I hope it all takes place.” – PO2 9HU

“The future of the Club is all looking much more secure and think the new Tesco store

will enhance the prospects of our club moving forward. We have both supported the

Club since the early 1950w and our family who come along too.” – PO6 1HS

“I do hope the City Council Planning Department will approve this scheme” – PO4 8AX

http://idox.portsmouth.gov.uk/online-applications/files/8C807CE980B35B0EDF643BB64CD3CE38/pdf/14_00128_FUL-STATEMENT_OF_COMMUNITY_INVOLVEMENT-644608.pdf

4.0 In their own words………………..

Below are some extracts from the Comments Forms received during the consultation:

“This is a not to be missed opportunity to improve a large area of land in the middle of

the City.” – PO16 7NR

“This it is a brilliant idea for the support of the club and the generating of jobs for the

area.” – PO4 8RB

“Most impressed with display and staff. Good luck!” – PO2 7HN

“Very impressed with all aspects of proposed development. Has definitely needed doing

for years. Good luck everyone!!” – PO2 9JY

“Can we get this done by tomorrow please!!” – PO15 5NS

“All plans look very impressive – can’t wait.” – PO2 9JY

“Additional large scale shopping is needed in this area (see large queues in ASDA)

seems a win win for all concerned” – PO5 2JG

“I support this proposal as it should benefit Portsmouth Football Club” – PO2 7RX

“The idea of the plan is good. I hope it all takes place.” – PO2 9HU

“The future of the Club is all looking much more secure and think the new Tesco store

will enhance the prospects of our club moving forward. We have both supported the

Club since the early 1950w and our family who come along too.” – PO6 1HS

“I do hope the City Council Planning Department will approve this scheme” – PO4 8AX

Next: 'How to get turkeys to vote for Christmas' :lol:

Dulux.....I doubt it, it will be something nicked from the Navy stores, they are lucky that battleship grey is very much in fashion. Factless will come on and tell them thaty some interior designer had come up with the colour scheme

For my sins I listen to some of the Alan Brazil show on Talksh ite in the mornings. They always have a "betting partner" who gives c rap odds on unlikely events. Between 2006 and 2009 their partner was Corals Bookmakers. Clearly there was some bust up and Corals walked away but this week they have returned.

This morning it was revealed that one of the Corals spokesmen on the show is a Pompey fan. He acknowledged that these days he has nothing to cheer about butI couldn't help but laugh at the way that their fortunes have changed since the last time that he was on the show. FA Cup holders firmly established in the Premier League to a mob bobbing around in the lowest tier trying to avoid relegation to non league football.

I wonder what odds the Pompey supporting Corals spokesman would have given on that!!

@furybball: @pn_neil_allen You really think you're a shareholder? Where are your dividends? You donated money to investors to buy club and got a receipt

@pn_neil_allen: @furybball Thousands of fans bought shares as individuals and syndicates to save club - not for dividends. And #Pompey is alive!!

Doesn't really answer the question though does it Neil.

we are not even getting that!

A safty note, and five yard of pikey tarmac, was the clincher in deal:mcinnes:

@furybball: @pn_neil_allen You really think you're a shareholder? Where are your dividends? You donated money to investors to buy club and got a receipt

@pn_neil_allen: @furybball Thousands of fans bought shares as individuals and syndicates to save club - not for dividends. And #Pompey is alive!!

Doesn't really answer the question though does it Neil.

I thought I'd look up "Share" in the Oxford dictionary, just in case Neil could claim any benefit of doubt:

"one of the equal parts into which a company’s capital is divided, entitling the holder to a proportion of the profits"

Nope, sorry Neil. I don't know what you "bought" but it most definitely is not what is known as a "share" in the English language.

I thought I'd look up "Share" in the Oxford dictionary, just in case Neil could claim any benefit of doubt:

"one of the equal parts into which a company’s capital is divided, entitling the holder to a proportion of the profits"

Nope, sorry Neil. I don't know what you "bought" but it most definitely is not what is known as a "share" in the English language.

yes a real hero he bought a part share, about £250's worth. Great solidarity

oaqia8.jpg

They really have got such a sh!te deal out of Tescos there. It's amazing that all through their "successful" years they were sat on that land and did nothing - now they have lost it and are land-locked.

The obvious thing to have done would be to build a new ground where the Tescos is going then sell the old shed for redevelopment.

I'm not sure that the club ever actually owned the whole lump of land - didn't the great hero Mandaric obtain it for himself under various companies before officially knocking down a small hut, and scuttling away with a nice profit?

Once the ownership of the club and land went their separate ways it was always going to end in tears.

It hasn't yet though, we are just approaching the interval for ice creams and pop.

The tears will come later - when the new arena doesn't.

So what's to stop the hoardes of the bestest from parking at Tesco to get to the ground? Or will Tesco charge for parking, redeemable against shopping over a certain value?

They won't need to, what with their turnover being boosted by £300m a year n'all. It will be the most profitablist Tesco in the world.

So what's to stop the hoardes of the bestest from parking at Tesco to get to the ground? Or will Tesco charge for parking, redeemable against shopping over a certain value?

Sort of. They'll be giving out match tickets (or a free carrier bag) with all purchases over £5