Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

apart from being inbred and delusional I also see that that particular Tweeter seems to spend most of his time at gay clubs.

Either that or he just loves being photographed with young men.

They look like the bastard sons of Village People. :scared:

Yes Mr Skateboy, we are indeed very jealous.

And yes, we had to send all of our Hull tickets back because no one went, and we all stayed at home and booed our own players via the radio, stopping before the end.

Yes, we ran away at the dock strike, our owner was in the SS, our ground is owned by the council, we are buried in debt and we give away 13,000 tickets to every home game to benefit cheats and asylum seekers, our houses don't have wheels - and our other weakness is that we embrace people of different creeds and aren't afraid of people who are a different colour or from the next valley.

Etc, etc.

Yawn.

BgNQ-oCIgAAL7Gy.jpg

This is what ****s me off about those half wits. Don't they understand its no big deal to be getting gates like this 3/4 years after 7 years or so in the top flight. Look at todays premeir league, if a club did a skatemouth and found themselves in league 2, how many wouldn't have gates like that? Fulham, maybe Hull and Swansea. We would, Norwich would,west ham would, Sunderland would, plus all the top sides . There's also loads of championship sides that would as well. All in all i reckon 30 odd clubs would match it, that's a third of all professional clubs. They dont seem to understand, they have cheap tickets, its a "fresh start" for them, they've only been down there a year. There aren't many clubs of their size that wouldn't get that support in those circumstances.

It only becomes impressive if after 5 years, 10 years,15 years of dross they're still averaging similar numbers. They have a pretty decent hard core, but its no bigger than half the clubs in the country.

Palace are getting some good reviews around their fans, are they bigging themselves up, are the Croydon news reporters creaming their pants?

BgNQ-oCIgAAL7Gy.jpg

I'm not even sure what point they are trying to make here. 1/5 empty for one game (our lowest league attendance of teh season) comparing against their average attendance which is over 1/4 empty. :mcinnes:

No matter how you look at the numbers they don't compare (we have a higher average attendance than them, we have a higher percentage of capacity attendance (73% for them, over 90% for us); we actually sell out games, they don't; their games are cheaper to watch than ours; we averaged 30% higher crowds than them now starting on -10 points in league one)

I bet all the inbred locals lap up these myths!

I'll put money on next season them averaging around 11k

Twitter really does make me laugh/vomit over those poor deluded few.

exhibit A: https://twitter.com/jamesobeirne/status/429697724225957888

in the bottom picture you have a billionairess owner of a premier league football club, whilst in the top picture we have a bunch of mugs that paid £1000 to become "shareholders" when all they've really done is wasted their cash to pay towards all those creditors waiting for what they're owed!

st marys over 1/5 empty yet again saturday in the premiership while league two pompey had over 15000 there money cant buy support

Another portsmyth in the making! Apparently 15,000 fans at Exeter this week ;)

It's either that or the retarded skate on twitter doesn't really follow his own team and just likes to quote random #factless ramblings that make little sense.

I wonder if this guy has thrown away his £1000 and owns a season ticket?

This morning we are 80 places above the Skates, who are only 9 above Salisbury,

That is Feckin hilarious :lol: sha la la la la la la la.

If football clubs were cars you'd have

the Portsmouth , built by hard****ing men with passion

homer_front1.jpg?w=460

the Southampton, built with precision, care and an eye for detail

mclaren-p1-xl.jpg

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/back-to-school-for-pompey-but-barker-has-hope-for-training-future-1-5871069

‘New training facilities are certainly a lot closer than they were six months ago,’ said Barker.

‘How close are they? I don’t know – things are going in the right direction but it needs to.

‘I know it has been said before but for a football club to have been in the Premier League for seven seasons and have nothing to show for it is ridiculous.

Whoa there Mr Barker.... Don't forget the FA Cup that Pompey bought with players they couldn't afford. Surely that's worth the lack of infrastructure?

Is it safe to assume that Mr Robinson's generosity to his neighbour and the fact that he stipulates that his money in return for their suicidal planning support must be spent on ground improvements, is more to do with tidying up the boundary fence to his land and making the view from his own development look classier?

But let's carry on dressing it up as mighty pompey laying down the law and demanding a massive cash injection from Tesco if that sounds more palatable for the easily-led to gobble up.

And of course this investment is just another little time bomb.

2014 - Modest cash injection for ground improvements.

2015 - As Tesco paid for it, why haven't we got a new ground yet?

Re attendances

Since Saints and Pompey were 'reunited' in 1960 after Pompey's relegation from Div 1 and our promotion from Div 2, the average home gates have been (up to season 2012/13):

Saints 19,498

Pompey 14,050 (note that Fratton Park enjoyed a higher capacity up until 2001/2)

Saints lowest average crowd during this period 13,763 in 1961/2

Pompey 8,269 in 1994/5

Pompey had a 'stadium' which could hold over 50,000 in their immediate post WW2 'glory days'

However their best ever average home attendance was just over 37,000 in1949 ie approx. 72% of capacity!!!

I see the Camp Nou was a third empty for their recent match against Valencia, fecking **** poor getting only 66,969 punters through the gates. If the skates had a stadium with a capacity of 100,000 they'd be getting at least 90,000 of the most pashionat fans in the world week-in-week-out against the likes of Torquay and Northampton. FACT.

I'm not even sure what point they are trying to make here. 1/5 empty for one game (our lowest league attendance of teh season) comparing against their average attendance which is over 1/4 empty. :mcinnes:

No matter how you look at the numbers they don't compare (we have a higher average attendance than them, we have a higher percentage of capacity attendance (73% for them, over 90% for us); we actually sell out games, they don't; their games are cheaper to watch than ours; we averaged 30% higher crowds than them now starting on -10 points in league one)

I bet all the inbred locals lap up these myths!

I'll put money on next season them averaging around 11k

for St Mary's to have been more than a 1/5 empty the attendance would need to have been less than 26'071, which it wasn't. Therefore he has written a blatant lie.

might email the press complaints commission for a laugh.

If and when the go into admin 5, can you imagine the infighting, HNW will just let them get on with it, whilst selling the ground for developement right under their noses, the board will blame the supporters for not digging into their pockets for the £1000 donation, the fans will blame the board, and Mr Robinson will be rubbing his hands with glee now the covernant has been removed

Twitter really does make me laugh/vomit over those poor deluded few.

exhibit A: https://twitter.com/jamesobeirne/status/429697724225957888

in the bottom picture you have a billionairess owner of a premier league football club, whilst in the top picture we have a bunch of mugs that paid £1000 to become "shareholders" when all they've really done is wasted their cash to pay towards all those creditors waiting for what they're owed!

And the twitter is studying BA Sports Journalism at Southampton Solent. I would have thought that we could teach him a little better. Never mind.

I don't know why you all get so hot under the collar, they are just a bunch of inbred c*nts !

Treat them with the contempt they deserve, I say, mind you the last 95,250 posts have provided a few laughs along the way !

And long may it continue

BgNQ-oCIgAAL7Gy.jpg

As he says; easy to see where Hampshire's loyalty and passion are found.

It's at St Mary's where at a match featuring one of the season's lowest attendances, nevertheless there were nearly 75% more fans watching that match than the average at Fratton Park, even though ticket prices are significantly more expensive.

Well done Saints fans!

And the twitter is studying BA Sports Journalism at Southampton Solent. I would have thought that we could teach him a little better. Never mind.

Well then, a certain poster on here needs to have a serious word in his ear. ;)

Incidentally, I was told today, by someone quite prominent in the local league scene, that it will cost them a great deal more to get their cesspit of a ground up to Conference Premier standard, than it will to remain in the 4th Division. For instance, there are far more stringent rules about wheelchair access.

Incidentally, I was told today, by someone quite prominent in the local league scene, that it will cost them a great deal more to get their cesspit of a ground up to Conference Premier standard, than it will to remain in the 4th Division. For instance, there are far more stringent rules about wheelchair access.

I am sure he will ;)

it will cost them a great deal more to get their cesspit of a ground up to Conference Premier standard, than it will to remain in the 4th Division. For instance, there are far more stringent rules about wheelchair access.

More stringent financial rules 'n all, as I understand...

Rate: -11 Name withheld

denmeadblue

10:30 AM on 12/02/2014

're: Baffins. When were you consulted? I am a shareholder and part owner and not been consulted once. Did I want Barker? No, I wanted the Oxford bloke , was I consulted ? Was I consulted about the recruitment of players? No I wasn't. £450k from HNW.s , diluting my shareholding, was I consulted? To my knowledge I have had just as.much input now than I had in the last 10.years. if we are relegated, my share is being sold. 9 places above Salisbury FFS

They still think they can sell their shares,:mcinnes:

More stringent financial rules 'n all, as I understand...

In the event of a hilarious relegation, would it not be prudent of them to just liquidate and pheonix it up in the wessex as we proposed all along?

They will not longer have the requirement of a goldne share, so they can fob off the heroes of days gone by, Kanu, Tal Ben-Haim, Kitson etc..

They lose the parachutes but that was all 'ringfenced' for the players, allegedly.

In fact, in this scenario, would the PFA invoke their charges on fatpipes in the same way as Chinny did, seizing full control of all fixed and floating assets?

It would be funny watching the hnws/robinson and the PFA fighting over the covennant free development opportunity, whilst the trust moves pfc up the road to moneyfields, which has plentiful disabled access.

Moneyfieldstrain.jpg

denmeadblue

're: Baffins. When were you consulted? I am a shareholder and part owner and not been consulted once. Did I want Barker? No, I wanted the Oxford bloke , was I consulted ? Was I consulted about the recruitment of players? No I wasn't. £450k from HNW.s , diluting my shareholding, was I consulted? To my knowledge I have had just as.much input now than I had in the last 10.years. if we are relegated, my share is being sold. 9 places above Salisbury FFS

That is absolutely priceless! Absolute gold.

denmeadblue

Which site is this from?

I really wish they would allow new registrations to POL.

I suppose they could donate their shares to Charity if they have no buyers. Perhaps English Heritage if they make FP a listed Building?
i thought the entrance to FP was listed. I was looking to see where that was in the Tesco plan, apparently it is the entrance to the fish counter