Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

smirnoff,trev,Pompey v

keep knockin guys

decisions maybe being made that are mysterious (NOTHING THATS GONNA RUIN THE CLUB),reference the potential new disabled section and other expenses included in the 450K

calls are being made to explain what the costs are and why things are being done the way they are........but apparently these calls are being ignored

my bad

seems i`m wrong

would love to know the full extent of peoples concerns but i know as much as the next man.........was hoping to be able to just go back to being a gobby Pompey fan again and not get involved in the politics anymore

i hope my TRUST isnt being misplaced by fellow fans,be it at board level the PST or elsewhere

This is from the guy who has been flooding every po**ey messageboard and social media network with desperate pleas for more fans to invest in 'community shares'. To now, he's been one of the PST's biggest supporters and wouldn't hear a bad word said against them..

But even that tide, it seems, is starting to turn..

Unbelievable isn't it. If you're bottom tier and fan-owned, what better time to start things properly, build from the ground up? They'd probably stay up anyway, but is there much money between Conference and League 2? Surely rebuilding for the next 10-20 years is more important? They need infrastructure and youth recruits. Should be appealing to youngsters by showing they'll get first team football. Should be a decent market as Saints youth wouldn't be recruiting most those players deemed not good enough, yet many could still make it there. Sounds insulting, but it's very true.

You are right in principle, however I think your logic is flawed. If any youth player be released by SFC academy, they would be better off going to Bournemouth or Brighton first. The skates are the dregs of the south coast for youth development and have been for a long time now, I imagine it is common knowledge amoungst those who have kids trying to get in to the game. After 'arry, hart, clotteril, appy (guy tried a little) and now barker all completely disregarding the academy :mcinnes: , all trumpeted by #factless in the local rag, that perception is pretty much set in stone for a generation.

Come to think of it, maybe the pdt are being prudent in sacking off the development squad and pulling all academy funding!

A L1 club up here that whose academy set up and coaches I'm familiar with were planning to take their U11 - U14s on a South Coast tour playing B'mouth, Saints, Skates and Brighton.

Guess which club couldn't guarantee putting out a team in each age group?

It was also said that the academy staff of the club that couldn't guarantee putting outs teams hadn't been paid but that could just be tittle tattle.

As an aside the Crewe academy are taking their U11s - U14s to Spain where they are playing Real & Athletico Madrid and Rayo Vallecano.

Oh, I should add, that to be a Cat 3 academy a club has to put up £300k at the start of the season that is audited and can only be spent on the academy, with the FA development fund matching that later in the season.

Guess they haven't the wonga to put on the table.

"audited"

Unbelievable isn't it. If you're bottom tier and fan-owned, what better time to start things properly, build from the ground up? They'd probably stay up anyway, but is there much money between Conference and League 2? Surely rebuilding for the next 10-20 years is more important? They need infrastructure and youth recruits. Should be appealing to youngsters by showing they'll get first team football. Should be a decent market as Saints youth wouldn't be recruiting most those players deemed not good enough, yet many could still make it there. Sounds insulting, but it's very true.

Yes, there is.

There is a reduction of £720,000 in money from the Football League although this is offset in the first Conference season by a parachute of about £200,000 for one season only.

Pompey's figures showed they made £2,500,000 from season ticket sales this season from about 10,000 supporters so each paid an average of £250. How many will renew that to go and see Skrill teams? Maybe half? So they lose another £1,250,000 there.

Lower attendances means less pies and programmes bought so more there. Plus other merchandising.

That adds up to an annual reduction of over £2m (minus ones season of PPs).

How would they contemplate servicing the CVA with that shortfall?

it makes none, but now you have gone, and you must be looking very old tonight

The devil will find work for idle hands to do, I stole and I lied, and why? Because I had games I wanted to win.

But now you make me feel so ashamed

because I've only got twelve fingers...etc

Yes, there is.

There is a reduction of £720,000 in money from the Football League although this is offset in the first Conference season by a parachute of about £200,000 for one season only.

Pompey's figures showed they made £2,500,000 from season ticket sales this season from about 10,000 supporters so each paid an average of £250. How many will renew that to go and see Skrill teams? Maybe half? So they lose another £1,250,000 there.

Lower attendances means less pies and programmes bought so more there. Plus other merchandising.

Why start now?

I didn't realise that Agent Connolly had gone quite so far from hero to villain:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/barker-up-against-clock-for-weekend-recruit-1-5858538

‘The fact David Connolly asked to go has left us a little bit short and that is something I need to consider with a few midweek games coming up.

Hopefully the longer term strategy will include his giving the occaisional goal away to #lowlyportsmouth's rivals whilst boosting Oxford's position :nod:

That would be the Connolly that was hated then.... Alex Goring Crook ‏@alex_crook Jan 31

Think there will be a few people at @pompey toasting Connolly's departure. Not the most popular character in the dressing room

The devil will find work for idle hands to do, I stole and I lied, and why? Because I had games I wanted to win.

I dreamt about you last night.

But you still couldn't score twice

I didn't realise that Agent Connolly had gone quite so far from hero to villain:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/po...ruit-1-5858538

‘The fact David Connolly asked to go has left us a little bit short and that is something I need to consider with a few midweek games coming up.

Hopefully the longer term strategy will include his giving the occaisional goal away to #lowlyportsmouth's rivals whilst boosting Oxford's position

That would be the Connolly that was hated then.... Alex Goring Crook ‏@alex_crook Jan 31

Think there will be a few people at @pompey toasting Connolly's departure. Not the most popular character in the dressing room

LOL

Hero to villain.

Well done agent David!

True... unless you are so far off budget already that long term planning has to go out of the window because you're too busy fighting fires.

You are right in principle, however I think your logic is flawed. If any youth player be released by SFC academy, they would be better off going to Bournemouth or Brighton first. The skates are the dregs of the south coast for youth development and have been for a long time now, I imagine it is common knowledge amoungst those who have kids trying to get in to the game. After 'arry, hart, clotteril, appy (guy tried a little) and now barker all completely disregarding the academy :mcinnes: , all trumpeted by #factless in the local rag, that perception is pretty much set in stone for a generation.

Come to think of it, maybe the pdt are being prudent in sacking off the development squad and pulling all academy funding!

This really. Almost no-one pays a transfer fee for lg1 or lg2 players so from an economic point of view it doesnt make any sense to spend money developing players who only might make the grade, especially if first, second and third pick of good kids went to other clubs.

Do you really think they'll pull through?

Portsmouth in a coma, I know this time it's seriou-ous...

Yes, there is.

Keep up, it's all in the budget. The Pompey budget covers all known possibilities and certainly wasn't written on the back of a fag packet, so nothing to see here.

Some clubs are bigger than others,

Some clubs are bigger than others,

Some clubs coffers are bigger than other clubs coffers...

the fans with a thorn in their side, behind the hatred there lies a murderous desire for premier league football

I was happy for a southsea common hour, but heaven knows i'm miserable now.

I was looking for a club and then I found a club, heaven knows i'm miserable now.

In my life, why do I give valuable time, to people who don't care if they fold or survive?

You've been at fatpipes too long they said, so I naturally fled.

In my life, why do I waste my unemployed time, for people with webbed feet and only one eye?

LOL- So they will never get told how much cash was involved .......what a surprise

Governance.

The PST sub-group set up following the PST AGM to look at the issue of PST and PFC governance is near to presenting its findings and recommendations. The sub group has Ken Malley and Mark Farwell from the PST Board as well as PST Secretary Tony Foot involved along with the PST Members who brought the motion at the AGM and any other Members who wanted to be involved. The PST Board will hold a special board meeting to review their findings prior to an EGM which must happen before the end of March for PST Members to attend discuss and vote on these proposals.

- PST Communications

The all new PST website is due for launch in the next couple of weeks. It will be a huge step forwards as a communication tool, linking to twitter feeds and facebook as well as having all the latest PST news. PST Spokesperson John Kimble will be very hands on in keeping communications flowing - something the PST is aware has not always been the case in the past. It will be the go to place for all the important documents (Board Meeting minutes, Shareholders Agreements etc) as well as having profiles of all the people involved with the PST and contact information.

- Tesco

This is what I posted on The News site a few days ago in reply to questions on there:

Stuart Robinson's development company Point Estates (PEL) owns the land around Fratton Park. This was bought in a totally separate deal from that of the PST's bid to buy Pompey.

When Robinson surfaced as the possible buyer of the land, the PST bid team lobbied him to become 'pro-PFC' in doing so he ended up being one of the Presidents investing a six figure sum in the club.

No one is under any illusion, Robinson is here to develop the land and get a return. To do so he needs to develop it, but due to PCC's Portsmouth Plan, any development must not restrict the growth of PFC and and restrict an enlarged stadium.

Therefore PEL have worked with PFC and PCC to determine what covers that planning requirement in terms of land and money.

The sum of money will not be enough to rebuild the entire ground - it's always been stated it would be a sum to be spent on the ground as the club sees fit. It can be used to go towards a new stand.

Commercial sensitivity in the deal comes from Tesco - in such developments other supermarkets will look to make legal challenges, so the deal is confidential between Tesco and PEL with PFC and PCC being interested parties who have a big input on how they feel the planning requirements can be met.

A deal has now been put together which is felt to be good for all parties, however it will then have to go through the planning process and PCC will ultimately be the judge as to whether the deal satisfies the planning requirements.

The deal sees land currently owned by Robinson given to the club as well as a cash sum. The extent of the land will be seen once the planning application goes in - people will be able to comment on that at that stage. The money side of things will probably remain commercially sensitive which PFC will have to respect. If/ when planning is approved, it will all be in the public domain.

Feasibility studies have been carried out to project how the ground can be redeveloped in stages on the land left available if the Tesco is built. A capacity in the region to that of St Mary's is achievable. Factors such as seat widths, row depths and the possibility of Safe Standing could increase that.

The Tesco planning application should be submitted in the next few weeks, so there will be more info available then.

- Disabled Facilities

I along with Derek Stone and Johnny Moore met at an coffee morning meeting with disabled supporters last week to discuss the proposals for a new viewing platform in the NE corner of the ground. Derek Stone explained why this was needed given the issues the club has had with away disabled fans sitting at the Fratton End. The Local Authority via their Safety Certification of the ground have continued to raise concerns about this issue and have threatened to close blocks of the FE if not addressed. The club gets reports every 4-5 games and this issue needs resolving and the NE corner offers an ideal place to provide not only the viewing space at a raised level but also the associated toilet and refreshment facilities in room currently unused under the control box.

Issues were raised about the threat of home and away fans 'banter' leaving the disabled fans 'in the middle' of any disorder. It was explained that the proposed roof cover over the platform would offer a good level of protection, leaving only a c3m high side opening which could have netting put up for any games deemed a risk, thus offering full protection to the disabled fans.

The seven spaces would be given over to away fans, but lower away followings would allow Pompey fans to take up spare spaces. This would free up 5 wheelchair spaces at the Fratton End for Pompey fans in a continuing effort to provide more spaces for wheelchair fans as the club has a waiting list for people wanting to watch Pompey but can't as there's no free wheelchair spaces.

The disabled fans attending said they had experienced what it was like to be an away fan following Pompey and our facilities for away fans were embarrassing for the club and they welcomed the fact the club were looking to address this.

Other issues such as a WC with hoist and facilities elsewhere in the ground were discussed with the club's attitude being to listen and be as pro-active as budgets will allow in making Fratton Park as accessible as possible.

A vote on whether the disabled fans approved of proceeding with the NE corner project was carried unanimously in favour of doing so. The drawings I've provided the club with will now go to tender to get prices to assess the financial viability of the scheme.

- PST Share offer

Should be news of a final push on this coming soon.

- AOB

Mike Hall - As I understand it, he's still off work ill.

Seems last weeks awful (and that's what it was) defeat to Torquay got a few people speculating about how the manger was appointed. The PFC Board made the decision not the CEO. The CEO was party to the narrowing down of candidates, but of the 6-7 interviewed it was the Boards decision to select their man.

Personally I saw Tisdale, Wilder and Barker as similar records in the lower leagues and suspect the Coppell factor was a string to Barkers bow. Whilst Coppell remains in the background I know he's having an input on the day-to-day football side of the club, a role the club needed.

So there's an 'update' of what I know has been going on, or I've been involved with.

All we need now is for the team to win a few games and give us all a bit of breathing space from relegation worries so that the great work off the field can really start to bear fruit.

LOL- So they will never get told how much cash was involved .......what a surprise
how can they fit in a stadium the size of SMS on that piece of land as well as Tescos and all that comes with it? I assume the capacity will be calculated the same as they pay back their creditors, a 6000 stadium it is. I did also notice the bit about seat sizes, seeing the people walking around Pompey I suspect they will need to supply shoe horns to get them seated

The PST Board will hold a special board meeting to review their findings prior to an EGM which must happen before the end of March for PST Members to attend discuss and vote on these proposals.

That's going to be something to look forward too, especially if results haven't improved......

Also, I have to say that I wouldn't be sleeping easily if I was one of the six-web-digited few - cosying up to a property developer has been the end of many a lowly club.

There's a club if you'd like to go

you could see football which really moves you

so you go, and you stand on your own

and you leave on your own

and you go home, and you cry

and you want to die

Awesome!

Can I humbly suggest this starts with:

I am the son,

And the heir

Of two siblings who are criminally vulgar...?!

Look at this beauty. Now THAT is Portsmouth's heritage.

Dorothy_DO_0047%20Lost%20Destination_Frame_Tricorn_Web.jpg

http://www.wearedorothy.com/shop/lost-destination-tricorn-centre

the Tricorn was opened in 1966 and in 1967 won a Civic Trust award for its exciting visual composition. It was subsequently voted the third ugliest building in Britain before being unceremoniously demolished in 2004

Portsmouth, making villains from heroes since 1966.

how can they fit in a stadium the size of SMS on that piece of land as well as Tescos and all that comes with it? I assume the capacity will be calculated the same as they pay back their creditors, a 6000 stadium it is. I did also notice the bit about seat sizes, seeing the people walking around Pompey I suspect they will need to supply shoe horns to get them seated

Plus, the question of actually getting to the "stadium", from the Health and Safety viewpoint

And, surely Tesco's wouldn't want hordes of twelve fingered inbreds nipping in to pinch some free fags on matchdays ?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})