Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

brian howe@brianhowe01

Pompey development team is being scrapped.We can't buy players for three years so let's also cut our supply of young players coming thru. #runningourclubintotheground

Well done the Portsmouth Trust.

But surely, the bestest shareholding fans in the wholest world, had a vote on this. After all, they are shareholders!!!!!!!

The board has given Barker permission to bring in 2 extra players..an attacking midfielder and a striker.

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=535290

I'm sure we've seen this business model before :scared::scared:

An outsider might be excused for thinking its sh!t or bust time

I thought Barker said last week that he was now happy with the squad. Same old Pompey managers.... Saying one thing one minute and the complete opposite the next...

I thought Barker said last week that he was now happy with the squad. Same old Pompey managers.... Saying one thing one minute and the complete opposite the next...

Panic on the board at Fratton.

I estimate relegation would cause annual revenue loss of over £2m.

Don't worry I'm sure they put relegation wage drop clauses in all the player contracts to mitigate the impact.

Unless they were so sure that they were nailed on for promotion that they didn't bother with relegation clauses...

Oops!!!

It's the local businesses I'm worried about - they could lose millions in income each match day. On top of what they'll already lose thanks to trade going to a new supermarket. Oh, and debts being paid back at 0.02p in the pound.

PFC: stitching up small businesses left, right and centre.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Should think there's a good chance their game at Exeter on Saturday will be postponed?

Yes, it has been ****ing it down here for weeks. Railway lines near flooded with flood defences also collapsing.

Hope not though looking forward to watching a proper fan owned club give Pompey a beating.

Hero News -

David Norris, the man who scored their late winner at St Marys, the legendary goal that denied us back-to-back promotions and kept them in the Championship, is back in the fold as a hero.

He became a villain when he had the audacity to ask where his wages had got to - well he has now paid up the £900 that he pledged over a year ago, making him a hero once again!

This gives him a share apparently, in a small car park adjacent to a superstore.

I'm guessing that this financial blow was softened by the fact that pompey have to pay him £4568.26 a month until sometime in 2016.

His involvement is a great news story, not a shallow piece of PR by a bunch of property developers begging for donations to delay their ongoing serious cashflow issues.

And I'm sure cash-strapped Leeds teetering on the financial brink again, will be pleased to read that one of their players is chucking cash into a black hole in the south.

Talking of shares, I was explaining yesterday to a fairly intelligent pompey fan how it is not a share and that it has no financial value.

He thought he would sell his donation one day when a big investor comes in.

I'm not sure that they read all the small print.

Hero News -

David Norris, the man who scored their late winner at St Marys, the legendary goal that denied us back-to-back promotions and kept them in the Championship, is back in the fold as a hero.

He became a villain when he had the audacity to ask where his wages had got to - well he has now paid up the £900 that he pledged over a year ago, making him a hero once again!

This gives him a share apparently, in a small car park adjacent to a superstore.

I'm guessing that this financial blow was softened by the fact that pompey have to pay him £4568.26 a month until sometime in 2016.

His involvement is a great news story, not a shallow piece of PR by a bunch of property developers begging for donations to delay their ongoing serious cashflow issues.

And I'm sure cash-strapped Leeds teetering on the financial brink again, will be pleased to read that one of their players is chucking cash into a black hole in the south.

Talking of shares, I was explaining yesterday to a fairly intelligent pompey fan how it is not a share and that it has no financial value.

Jesus, what a mug. You'd've thought he'd learnt his lesson by now.

This is clearly a relative term...

Lol at this from the factless;

Connolly, Bird, Adam Webster (Aldershot) and John Sullivan (Cambridge) are all out on loan at present.

Barker has revealed their exits, albeit temporarily, have created room in his playing budget to continue to recruit. In Connolly’s case, The News understands Oxford are paying a chunk of the wages of one of Pompey’s leading earners.

Does that mean then that they are still paying the full wages of Bird, Webster and Sullivan, and part of Connolly's? Yet apparently there moves have freed up wages for new players :) Skate logic strikes again!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/barker-up-against-clock-for-weekend-recruit-1-5858538

Pointless piece of portsmythmatics alert.

Just to demonstrate how much they have ripped everyone off, if the 95,000 posts on here were judged at the same rate as their two CVAs, the TOTAL number of posts on this thread would be downgraded firstly to 19,000, then to 190. :o

And that grand total of 190 posts would be staggered over four years.

This leaving the bestest thread of all time as the subject of less than one comment a week...

Thing is though, Agent Connelly might be scoring against their relegation rivals.

Well that's more likely than Connelly scoring against them for the Skates. Typical cheating there...that means they're fielding one extra man in every game against their relegation rivals. :x

Edited by lifeintheslowlane

I disagree, they had plenty of opportunities to rescue themselves. They should have cut thier costs earlier, they should not have tried to stay in the prem at any cost, or buy a 4-1 win at SMS.

They pinned their hopes on buyers who had shady history, they chose an administrator known for wringing every penny out of clubs, they let the land go, they tossed aside their academy and youth players, they toured the USA. And bought journeymen rather than used a youth team.

They also hurt the community breaking promises to pay local businesses and of course stole from charities. They also chose to buy players they couldn't afford rather than pay their bills for local training facilities. They blew their parachute payments on gambling to be promoted back to the prem and unaffordable contracts.

All these decisions were AFTER their first first high court visit for a mere 12? Million.

The only things that were before the FA cup win were the Peter Storie and Harry Redknap contracts for big players.

Beautiful rant Tony.

I spotted this article on the main board, I thought it was worth sharing with you all for a laugh.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24476352

Brighton & Hove Albion: Training ground 'critical' for club's future

Brighton & Hove Albion chief executive Paul Barber says their new training ground and academy is "critical" to the club's future.

The £30m facility at Lancing is set to be completed next summer.

"It is not just about attracting young players. It is about retaining good players," Barber told BBC Sussex.

"It completes the infrastructure of putting the club on a good footing to progress in the future and move to the next level."

He added: "It is a massively important project for us."

Whilst Barker and the skates scrap their development team, refuse to fund an academy, loan out their youth and train on a rented university pitch, their competitors from the east and the west continue to fund major infrastructure projects designed to enhance their development team, produce a well funded academy, retain their youth talent and train in the best conditions possible.

Its not just Tescos landlocking them, SFC and BFC and futurelocking them too, although it is all essentially of their own making.

LOL

:mcinnes:

Just spoke to a couple of guys from the Pompey in the Community coaching staff. They confirmed that there are people at the club who are not getting paid at the moment. No details, but backs up what has been said elsewhere.

Nah, that can't be true.... It's just a delayed direct debit or sumfink, innit?

if only that little 8 yr old had paid his £1000 sooner, the selfish ****.

He has taken a big swing on the hero-villain-ometer and is firmly cast into the villain baronland as king norris becomes the hero of the day.

#factless is penning a flambouyant article berating the kid as we speak.

A trust member has had to take 200 copies of a book, the sale proceeds of which were destined for charity, he now has to sell them off just to chuck all the cash into the PDT moneypit... its the Storrie charity theft era all over again.

At least Chinny stiched everybody and held everybody in equal contempt.

Just spoke to a couple of guys from the Pompey in the Community coaching staff. They confirmed that there are people at the club who are not getting paid at the moment. No details, but backs up what has been said elsewhere.

:mcinnes: oh dear! Better grab the popcorn. Where did that popcorn smiley go btw?!

Pointless piece of portsmythmatics alert.

Just to demonstrate how much they have ripped everyone off, if the 95,000 posts on here were judged at the same rate as their two CVAs, the TOTAL number of posts on this thread would be downgraded firstly to 19,000, then to 190. :o

And that grand total of 190 posts would be staggered over four years.

This leaving the bestest thread of all time as the subject of less than one comment a week...

An excellent way to express/explain the level of their debt reduction.

I didn't realise that Agent Connolly had gone quite so far from hero to villain:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/barker-up-against-clock-for-weekend-recruit-1-5858538

‘The fact David Connolly asked to go has left us a little bit short and that is something I need to consider with a few midweek games coming up.

Hopefully the longer term strategy will include his giving the occaisional goal away to #lowlyportsmouth's rivals whilst boosting Oxford's position :nod:

... and then #factlessallen unwittingly exposes Agent Connolly's tactics:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-0-torquay-1-1-5851319

'And to twist the dagger in the wound, David Connolly appeared as a substitute to score for Oxford on his debut in their win over AFC Wimbledon.

He had declared himself injured for the Blues in their previous two fixtures and had not trained since the Mansfield match.

:lol:

Just wondering, presumably the payments to players are the gross figures with Income tax @ 40% and NI to be deducted. If that's the case HMRC will have a tidy sum to collect always assuming it's being paid. Of course it could be paid gross and the tax collected out of PAYE at current employer.

Edited by derry

Just wondering, presumably the payments to players are the gross figures with Income tax @ 40% and NI to be deducted. If that's the case HMRC will have a tidy sum to collect always assuming it's being paid. Of course it could be paid gross and the tax collected out of PAYE at current employer.

No, I think the tax has already been accounted for with all of those, as it would have been due at the time of when they were originally supposed to be paid their wages, so my understanding is that the PAYE/NI would have been swallowed up in the CVA.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})