Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

At best, unprofessional

At worst, needs a formal warning from his employers. In an age of failing local papers is Neil Allen really a face they want to be represented by.

What an idiot

He's doing it to get attention. It looks to me like he's winning.

hare Pompey Supporters Trust - 1 Year On

Email Share Tweet

Event Details

We are delighted to confirm that we will be holding a ‘PST - 1 Year On’ meeting at Fratton Park on Wednesday 16th April.

Non-members as well as current members are invited to join us in The Victory Suite, as we mark 1 Year as majority shareholders of Portsmouth Football Club.

The evening will include :-

A short introduction from club CEO Mark Catlin

An address from PST Chairman & Club Director Ashley Brown – “PST, 1 Year on”

A news update from the PST

A Q&A session with PST board members

A Q&A session with Richie Barker and a player

Dan Windle from Express FM will host the event.

Doors open at 6.00pm with the event starting promptly at 7pm and running until 9.30pm.

The bar will be open during the event and food should be available.

Parking will be available in the car park behind the Fratton End.

Do you have questions about Pompey Supporters Trust - 1 Year On? Contact Pompey Supporters Trust

"I thought it would only need small changes to get us back into the top half," Barker told BBC Radio Solent. Portsmouth boss Richie Barker has been shocked by how big a challenge it has been to try to turn things around.

Barker was named Pompey boss on 9 December but has won just four games from 14, with his side seven points above the League Two relegation places.

"Within the first two to three weeks I recognised the changes would have to be fairly big."

He added: "If I'm honest, I thought the team would be closer to the top half in terms of form, in terms of mentality and in terms of technical and tactical ability."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26385877

looks like he fell for the lies :lol:

Either that, or he's just covering his own backside. Point wise, they didn't need that much to get them into the top half, he just hasn't delivered. Let's face it, if he hadn't pushed Connolly out on loan (to a club that has a chance of promotion this season) the goals he's scored would have them in the top half of the table.

Either way :lol: long may it continue.

"I thought it would only need small changes to get us back into the top half," Barker told BBC Radio Solent. Portsmouth boss Richie Barker has been shocked by how big a challenge it has been to try to turn things around.

Barker was named Pompey boss on 9 December but has won just four games from 14, with his side seven points above the League Two relegation places.

"Within the first two to three weeks I recognised the changes would have to be fairly big."

He added: "If I'm honest, I thought the team would be closer to the top half in terms of form, in terms of mentality and in terms of technical and tactical ability."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26385877

looks like he fell for the lies :lol:

Thank God it's all the players' fault. I was starting to think he was just a pis spoor manager but clearly this has set me straight.

Barker wrote the 'How to motivate and influence footballers' handbook well and truly.:mcinnes: Lets hope they don't sack him too soon!

His radio Solent interviews in the build up to the games have been a highlight in recent weeks MPs are a bit boring to be honest, Howe is a bit to thoughtful and articulate to be much fun but then Barker comes on a each week and slates his own team while biging himself up and always providing some LOL moments almost as good as that seemingly really angry non league manager they always seem to interview.

Looks as if Agent Connolly may have unfinished business at fatpipes: seems no-one there has spotted any pattern in all of this :lol:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/barker-connolly-wanted-to-go-but-he-may-be-back-1-5905465

"Richie Barker has reiterated it was David Connolly’s decision to leave Pompey on loan.

But the Blues boss has not ruled out the veteran striker having a Fratton future upon his summer return from Oxford.

Connolly’s surprise departure for the U’s on deadline day of the January transfer window drew strong criticism from some Pompey supporters.

Since then he has netted three times in six games – most recently in the weekend 1-1 draw at Morecambe.

The 36-year-old’s Fratton Park stay had soured in the build-up to his exit, with niggling injuries restricting his availability, while he was without a league goal since August.

In addition, following Barker’s arrival, Connolly’s coaching role was marginalised.

Then came the Oxford switch, where the former Republic of Ireland international has started just two of Oxford’s matches so far, without completing 90 minutes in either.

Nonetheless, he has scored three times, reflecting the impressive goal-scoring credentials he often showed at the Blues."

Usual guff.. Can't be ar**d typing on this tiny phone. Promotion next year, big club, only see pompey shirts in Portsmouth, barker doing a good job, fan owned -he had halfashare - etc

Perhaps the reason they 'only see pompey shirts in Portsmouth' is that the only place anyone cares about them at all is on the Island of Dr Moreau.

Who's seen a #lowlyportsmouth shirt anywhere else recently? :D

I saw a fat knuckle head in one at Bursledon Tesco the other morning. Told him the fish counter was at the back of the store, much to his anger & my amusement

What plan did you have in the event of the sturdiest, most passionate supporter demonstrating his outrage in a physical attack?

Just curious :nod:

Perhaps the reason they 'only see pompey shirts in Portsmouth' is that the only place anyone cares about them at all is on the Island of Dr Moreau.

Pretty sure you can only buy them is on the island as well...

Mrs WSS saw a guy in one of their jumpers yesterday where she works in Next in Weston-S-Mare yesterday afternoon. She asked him if they still exist [knowing full well about their plight obviously] and he muttered some response about fan ownership etc.

I had the unfortunate necessity to be in New Road Fratton, the last two Saturday afternoons. I saw no Skate shirts, at all. I was wearing a fleece with a huge Saints crest on it. The only person who approached me was a Manure fan. I don't know where the 250.000 faithful were, but they weren't in Fratton.

I had the unfortunate necessity to be in New Road Fratton, the last two Saturday afternoons. I saw no Skate shirts, at all. I was wearing a fleece with a huge Saints crest on it. The only person who approached me was a Manure fan. I don't know where the 250.000 faithful were, but they weren't in Fratton.

Waiting on Southsea Common??

Pretty sure you can only buy them is on the island as well...

Now, now, it's well known that they have an exclusive distribution deal with SportsDirect.com, who happen to own Sondico and who brand their current kit. Though despite this, there weren't any Skate shirts in the SportsDirect stores in Whiteley or Eastleigh last time I was in there.

I haven't actually seen a Skate shirt anywhere other than Fratton this season.

While we're discussing kit, anyone else think it was amusing that their capitulation at S[unthorpe came with them decked out in entirely red and white? Well, white shirts and shorts with red socks to be more accurate...

Edited by The9

Pompey could do a deal with this chap - 'give us £100k and we'll throw the game', although if he is sensible he'd keep the lot. They could shift a lot of fat with that sort of money

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2572087/Coral-customer-set-win-830-000-Football-Jackpot-League-Two-leaders-Chesterfield-beat-Portsmouth-Proact-Stadium.html

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/points-not-preaching-will-decide-barker-s-fate-1-5903109

Blimey - where does time go? Not sure rallyboy is going to be sucked into Uncle Avrams speech four years on.......

Love seeing the hero-to-villain swingometer in action here:

"‘He’s not one of us,’ was the cry in some quarters this week in the wake of the S****horpe debacle. ‘He doesn’t get Pompey.’"

If anything, Barker 'not getting' #p!sspoorportsmouth is paying a significant compliment to him. We don't 'get' them either, thank goodness :shakey:

Don't tempt me.

But..one of the comments on there is he could learn a thing of two from Avram in how to conduct himself. :scared:

Really?

In a completely unrelated made-up example -

If I saw my season ticket money being used to pay for a club car to drive my team's inflamed manager to a bargain basement industrial estate brothel where he would wander in wearing his club tracksuit, and pay scabby crackwhores to pull him off at halftime, I think I might be asking questions rather than rewriting history and giving him a glowing character reference.

It's wouldn't be the fact that he sent his little star striker out on loan, what he does in his own time is his lookout - but the fans picked up the tab!

If the same gravedigger-faced bloke also dragged the team to relegation before walking out to what he described himself as a bigger club, after having the front to stand up and deliver a hilarious rallying cry full of cliched b0ll0x about how great we all are, I don't think I'd be holding him up as an example.

Nor would I be rehashing tired old template articles aimed purely at distracting the easily-led and hard-of-thinking from an impending cashflow crisis ahead of a daunting game away at the league leaders.

But then again I'm not that easily-led.

Methinks history is being rewritten again, and the more unsavoury bits have ended up on the cutting room floor.

Why dwell on today's bad news when you can publish upbeat rallying reports of games that were played only four years ago. Nobody will notice.

Certainly none of the Farton Faithful would notice, they'll be too busy lapping up past notoriety from the days when anyone at all gave a flying f*ck about them

The chap to win over half a million from Corals...If Chesterfield win tonight...

Hopefully the Corals reps in the Pompey dressing room are only RA Ra girlz:lol:

CHESTERFIELD...........COME ON BOYZ....You know it makes sense NOT to be part of any Police enquiry:rolleyes:

Only joking...know you will win 5-0 anyway....I hope:D

Edited by ottery st mary

The chap to win over half a million from Corals...If Chesterfield win tonight...

Hopefully the Corals reps in the Pompey dressing room are only RA Ra girlz:lol:

CHESTERFIELD...........COME ON BOYZ....You know it makes sense NOT to be part of any Police enquiry:rolleyes:

Only joking...know you will win 5-0 anyway....I hope:D

tbh this chap should fix the game by paying the skates!

they're pretty damn skint atm haha :lol:

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})