Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

@alex_crook: Been critical of #pompey when required this season but that is a terrific point. Watched the game in the gym and thought they played well.

@bigadamsport: Well deserved point for #Pompey tonight - worked really hard all night & had better chances in game

Usual guff.. Can't be ar**d typing on this tiny phone. Promotion next year, big club, only see pompey shirts in Portsmouth, barker doing a good job, fan owned -he had halfashare - etc

Bit of a jump back, but just seen this about only seeing Pompey shirts on Portsmouth. I work with children sho play football in Portsmouth and I can tell you that Pompey shirts make up- at an absolutely maximum- 35% of the shirts I see there.

Current Portsmouth News Sport Headline

"Barker: There’s more to come

Richie Barker saluted the best footballing display of his Pompey managerial reign and insisted: There’s more where that came from."

So their Nil-Nil bore draw was his season highlight! :)

Current Portsmouth News Sport Headline

"Barker: There’s more to come

Richie Barker saluted the best footballing display of his Pompey managerial reign and insisted: There’s more where that came from."

So their Nil-Nil bore draw was his season highlight! :)

believe me, if you had seen some of their previous performances, you'd be waxing lyrical about last nights display. They were vastly improved and really should have won if Jervis had taken one of his chances. Hopefully normal service will resume on Saturday, but on that evidence I can't see them being relegated.

Watched the highlights and Pompey looked half decent and made a few chances that were wasted.

BUT

Chesterfield were really poor and allowed Pompey all the room and space to play....

There was definitely something wrong with Chesterfield.....Hope all the players just had an off night:rolleyes:

Bit of a jump back' date=' but just seen this about only seeing Pompey shirts on Portsmouth. I work with children sho play football in Portsmouth and I can tell you that Pompey shirts make up- at an absolutely maximum- 35% of the shirts I see there.[/quote']

I work down that way 3-4 times a week for the last 3 months. I've seen 1 PFC hat and zero shirts. Loads of Arsenal and West Ham though.

I saw the 2nd half and thought Pomey looked athletic and dangerous. I suspect they will make the play-offs minimum next season

That largely hinges on what Duncan said above. Anybody who had witnessed the previous spineless, craven performances borne of apathy towards the club, would not have recognised those tigers in white last night as being the same players.

As Duncan says, they were so obviously putting themselves in the shop window it would have put a naked mannequin in Selfridges to shame.

It will be interesting to see how they perform in their next outing against Cheltenham when instead of a nation's rapt interest, the only eyes on them will be those of another (mythical) sell-out crowd at Blu-Tac Park.

Asked before, but is there much talk amongst fans of the clubs who will likely be relegated from the football league in PFC's place due to the lack of points deduction?

I doubt fans of other clubs in League 2 are aware Pompey got away without a points deduction this season for diluting a failed CVA with a new CVA. The Football League bottled that decision as it amounts to the same as not agreeing a CVA in the first place.

Gobsh!te have agreed a new deal of sorts, all sounds a bit half-hearted, though the Property Developing Trust has a rather worrying business model.

As our member and shareholder base increases our administrative costs also increase so any additional revenue to offest these costs are welcome.

The more donations you get, the more money you need to cover costs?

Nice.

Beautifully written too. :?

Gobsh!te have agreed a new deal of sorts, all sounds a bit half-hearted, though the Property Developing Trust has a rather worrying business model.

As our member and shareholder base increases our administrative costs also increase so any additional revenue to offest these costs are welcome.

The more donations you get, the more money you need to cover costs?

Nice.

Beautifully written too. :?

The only cost I can think of is the cost of a stamp, envelope and letter to say thanks for your donation you mug - plus maybe the cost of getting TCWTB to lick the envelope / use his BO to seal it to create the feeling of the special poopey family.

The only cost I can think of is the cost of a stamp, envelope and letter to say thanks for your donation you mug - plus maybe the cost of getting TCWTB to lick the envelope / use his BO to seal it to create the feeling of the special poopey family.

I really wish I hadn't just read that.

Apparently there was a correction in the express today by the journo who got his attendance figures mixed up, anyone seen it?

He did email me claiming there were over 2000 fishy few at ches last night even tho pompey os says 547, what a douche bag

Yep, Mick Dennis issued the apology yesterday. Said wrong to say 20%, was in fact 14%. Will try and post a screen grab I just got off Clipshare:

2ci76v9.png[/img]

The fact that his fine work is published next to an advert for microwave chip pans that can be bought in pairs to save money, tells you what sort of audience he is pandering to.

Presumably his making-up of stats and the glossing over the mostly-empty away section just to big-up a little club pootling along in the shadows of ALL of its neighbours, goes down well with those who like their main vegetable intake both microwaved and in a nostalgic deep fat fryer.

I think perhaps that this publication and 'journalist' are better off giving up on educated football fans and sticking with their core readership - the sector who believe that Iceland is a delicatessen.

Like a scabby mongrel infested with fleas, they deserve each other.

So, I watched Chesterfield v Skates for about 40 minutes on Monday.

As self-appointed L2 expert (I have been to all of about 7 L2 matches this season, but it's more than most of you lot and at least I've got some benchmarks for competence :D), I couldn't believe how bad Chesterfield were compared to previous games.

Skates were better than when I saw Newport beat them in December, but they'd have to be. Jervis and Wallace are vaguely decent, and that'll probably be enough for them with the way Torquay, Exeter and Wycombe have been sliding.

However, that was an insipid, sideways Chesterfield performance more than it was a decent Portsmouth one. They were ponderous and took an age to move the ball, giving the decidedly sub-standing Skate defence and midfield every opportunity to re-organise themselves. At that pace, even Shorey could get back in position in time, and not lumping it at Devera's head or turning N'Gala to face his own goal were also huge failings on Chesterfield's part.

Of course, the Skates still failed to actually win. But then they were on tv against the league leaders, if ever there was a Cup Final performance from them, that was it. ;)

The fact that his fine work is published next to an advert for microwave chip pans that can be bought in pairs to save money, tells you what sort of audience he is pandering to.

Presumably his making-up of stats and the glossing over the mostly-empty away section just to big-up a little club pootling along in the shadows of ALL of its neighbours, goes down well with those who like their main vegetable intake both microwaved and in a nostalgic deep fat fryer.

I think perhaps that this publication and 'journalist' are better off giving up on educated football fans and sticking with their core readership - the sector who believe that Iceland is a delicatessen.

Like a scabby mongrel infested with fleas, they deserve each other.

I'm a fan of your work, but here you have exceeded yourself! Genuinely laughing in the office, you had me at the first sentence to be fair! :lol:

Well done COMEONYOUREDS for forcing the apology, JackanorySFC for capturing it. Rallyboy - you have shown, yet again, a talent for the written word, that maybe the Daily Express and Mick Dennis could benefit from.:)

Well done COMEONYOUREDS for forcing the apology, JackanorySFC for capturing it. Rallyboy - you have shown, yet again, a talent for the written word, that maybe the Daily Express and Mick Dennis could benefit from.:)

More evidence, if any were yet needed, that this is a worthy contender for 'world's best thread'

Talking of newspapers, Johnston press, owners of the skate news are looking for £75m from a rights issue to tide them over. Their £300m debt seems to be causing them a problem. I'm sure fact less could offer some advice about 4p in the pound cva agreements and, ahem, share issues.

Talking of newspapers, Johnston press, owners of the skate news are looking for £75m from a rights issue to tide them over. Their £300m debt seems to be causing them a problem. I'm sure fact less could offer some advice about 4p in the pound cva agreements and, ahem, share issues.

I have been following this thread for a couple of years and it is one of the main reasons I paid my fiver. Little gems of information like this make me realise it was a fiver well spent.

I wonder if Factless would consider himself a greedy parasite if he demanded to be paid wages owed to him in Johnston Press got into real trouble and tried to agree compromise agreements with their employees?

I wonder if Factless would consider himself a greedy parasite if he demanded to be paid wages owed to him in Johnston Press got into real trouble and tried to agree compromise agreements with their employees?

Post Modern Hero Villain Meltdown

We should not knock or deride the potential demise of any newspaper, no matter which one.

Each newspaper that folds is a nail in the coffin of free speech, and the means of holding those in public office to account.

I am most certainly not a fan of the rabid, frothing-mouthed, mad-staring, pop-eyed loon Richard Littlejohn in the Daily Moan.

But he's got it dead right in this column (dons tin hat to protect against incoming from this forum's newspaper haters).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2573442/Do-really-want-live-country-No-10-aides-arrested-secret.html

We should not knock or deride the potential demise of any newspaper, no matter which one.

Each newspaper that folds is a nail in the coffin of free speech, and the means of holding those in public office to account.

You've read Neil Allen's work, right? :lol:

I am most certainly not a fan of the rabid, frothing-mouthed, mad-staring, pop-eyed loon Richard Littlejohn in the Daily Moan.

But he's got it dead right in this column (dons tin hat to protect against incoming from this forum's newspaper haters).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2573442/Do-really-want-live-country-No-10-aides-arrested-secret.html

You've heard of the internet, right?

You've heard of the internet, right?

No, please tell me about it. I'm always interested in innovative, new ideas.

Even allowing for some of the fantastic investigative work undertaken on this thread, and elsewhere, you wouldn't trust the vast majority of what purports to be "journalism" on t'interweb as far as you could throw it.

Yes, newspaper sales are declining in the face of online news providers, but that might say something more telling about society; how we are developing a generation which has over-inflated expectation levels, and their demands for instant gratification and instant fame, spurred by reality TV, means they share little interest in the world around them.

As somebody said to me recently; the internet is supposed to be a wonderful tool to widen people's knowledge, but it in fact does the opposite. Because all knowledge is instantly available with a few key strokes to the nearst Wikipedia page, people feel they no longer have to learn. They can concentrate solely on their own narrow interests, and if they do need to learn something or find it out, they can just go to Wikipedia.

Citizen journalists!

That's the way forward - I've got a phone so I can be a TV cameraman, I've got a pencil, I'm Paxman.

I've had my haircut by my Nan using bacon scissors and I can read the PTS thread so that makes me an investigative journalist despite the fact that I'm clearly a PR stooge with a specific message to deliver.

Whoops, I seem to have missed the thin line between stating that a former club owner sold landmines for a living, and actually naming someone else as a crook.

I appear to have been sued because I have no grasp of the libel laws, maybe I'm not a journalist after all... :(

So yes, newspapers have sadly had it and online content is the way forward if they manage to sort out revenue streams, but Marlin may be right, you have to be very selective about where you gather each version of news available.

And that's before you even worry.

About the writing.

Styles.

Used to deliver all the spin.

Cant help wondering whether the trust will be in court in a couple of years charged with misselling 'shares' once the few realise their £1,000 investment has bought them approximately zero rights.

I can't believe that not one of them has realized this already...

but then on second thoughts...

No, please tell me about it. I'm always interested in innovative, new ideas.

Even allowing for some of the fantastic investigative work undertaken on this thread, and elsewhere, you wouldn't trust the vast majority of what purports to be "journalism" on t'interweb as far as you could throw it.

Yes, newspaper sales are declining in the face of online news providers, but that might say something more telling about society; how we are developing a generation which has over-inflated expectation levels, and their demands for instant gratification and instant fame, spurred by reality TV, means they share little interest in the world around them.

As somebody said to me recently; the internet is supposed to be a wonderful tool to widen people's knowledge, but it in fact does the opposite. Because all knowledge is instantly available with a few key strokes to the nearst Wikipedia page, people feel they no longer have to learn. They can concentrate solely on their own narrow interests, and if they do need to learn something or find it out, they can just go to Wikipedia.

You've gone off on a bit of a tangent there, your original point was that free speech and the ability to hold those in public office to account was greatly reduce with the death of each newspaper. I beg to differ, I would say that free speech was even more achievable on the internet. You only have to look at this forum to notice that a lot of things a said on here that probably wouldn't be said face to face....or what about the Anonymous organisation....or any person that has posted anti government messages in Egypt, Ukraine, Tunisia etc etc. Most of the uprisings were encouraged by posts on facebook, twitter etc, could you imagine trying to do it via the local, or national, paper.

Wikipedia is also a very good example of free speech on the internet, as anyone can type anything they want.

The same apparatus is also used to bring those in public office to account (E petitions, blogs, etc)

What makes you think that the printed press is any more reliable that the information available on the internet? Most papers have a hidden agenda anyway, or certain politics they adhere to, or in some extreme cases, controlled by the state.

Citizen journalists!

That's the way forward - I've got a phone so I can be a TV cameraman, I've got a pencil, I'm Paxman.

I've had my haircut by my Nan using bacon scissors and I can read the PTS thread so that makes me an investigative journalist despite the fact that I'm clearly a PR stooge with a specific message to deliver.

Whoops, I seem to have missed the thin line between stating that a former club owner sold landmines for a living, and actually naming someone else as a crook.

I appear to have been sued because I have no grasp of the libel laws, maybe I'm not a journalist after all... :(

So yes, newspapers have sadly had it and online content is the way forward if they manage to sort out revenue streams, but Marlin may be right, you have to be very selective about where you gather each version of news available.

And that's before you even worry.

About the writing.

Styles.

Used to deliver all the spin.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The key is each individual having the awareness and control to moderate what they read in some way... to read from various sources rather than just one... to evaluate the source as well as the content... to not assume that everything is correct, but also to not assume that everyone has an agenda.

Or in other words - to think for yourself.

Which brings us nicely back to this thread, because if some of the deluded few had done that some time ago, and not just gone along with the hype, but looked into what they were being told during each of the takeovers, and even the 'share issue' (LOL!), then perhaps they might've taken a different course.

Cant help wondering whether the trust will be in court in a couple of years charged with misselling 'shares' once the few realise their £1,000 investment has bought them approximately zero rights.

Perhaps they didnt read the small print,

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})