Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I will give Barker credit for improving their defence, which as we all know is the basis for success in football. Though not usually if "defence" means 11 mean permanently behind the ball and no-one in the opposing half. Still not sure why Chesterfield were so bad against them though.

They do have a couple of decent players there. Of course we know Connolly is at Oxford for now, not quite sure why he dropped Jervis and Wallace midweek given that they were their best players in the previous few matches and Jervis in particular looks like he knows what he's doing - though I'm not sure he's a finisher.

God knows where Barcham's gone though - he was decent at the start of the season, with Connolly-like levels of performance. I note he hasn't played since the thrashing at Sçunthorpe though, so maybe he's one of those one-way players who doesn't defend... which basically just sounds like he should be up front, cos no-one else is.

Edited by The9

[h=1]David Connolly: Oxford United striker eyes full set of promotions[/h]A dig at Pompey??

"I still want to play for a few years," he said.

"I've got another year left at Portsmouth. I don't think it's case of savouring it. It's my work, it's a job and something I'll keep doing until I've had enough.

"It's good to come here. It's a professional set-up, a professional set of lads and when you have facilities like that around you want to carry on but when they dry up it's time to call it a day."

I think you'll find that MoneyPenny actually stood up and said, would the prime minister like to join me in a shallow PR campaign for votes in portsmouth by glossing over the demise of shipbuilding and talking about other stuff?

And he said, indeed, let's heap praise on the local football supporters, big-up their little fantasy about 100% community ownership - and also remind everyone that I appointed a minister for the city so I really care about you all, so please vote for the tubby one in the swimsuit.

Think I'll go and find her on YouTube flopping off that top board and hitting the water like a garage door - it makes me laugh just thinking about it!

pennydive.gif

God knows where Barcham's gone though - he was decent at the start of the season,

I've watched him quite a few times and IMO he's crap. He has some pace, but has no actual talent to take advantage of it.

I love Portsmouth thanks to this thread.

In the past, I had only one club to support, and one club to hate, but without following the hated team's fortunes on a weekly basis.

These days, watching Portsmouth fail week by week is kinda like supporting them, isn't it? I honestly feel like I properly have two clubs now.

She was asked to do a visual representation of her local football club using the medium of dive.

The only thing missing was the FA Cup in hands, symbolically taking them down, and the fact that she never surfaces again.

They genuinely will never learn will they? Isn't this summer the last of their parachute payments as well? **** or bust time I reckon! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26513845?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It's been shit or bust for 4 or 5 years now. So I think we can safely say they are now in deep shit. Mariana Trench deep.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26513845?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I particularly like the part about not relying on increased season ticket revenue but "inventive ideas".

What could this mean?

Answers here please... I'll get it rolling...

* A reserve price on eBay for a splash and dash with the lovely Penny

* A reserve price on eBay to make up the numbers with the youth squad clearing up dog turds before the senior squad have a kick-about on the luxury training park

* A chance to win a discounted fridge from Champagne Iain if you enter the prize draw

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26513845?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I particularly like the part about not relying on increased season ticket revenue but "inventive ideas".

What could this mean?

Answers here please... I'll get it rolling...

* A reserve price on eBay for a splash and dash with the lovely Penny

* A reserve price on eBay to make up the numbers with the youth squad clearing up dog turds before the senior squad have a kick-about on the luxury training park

* A chance to win a discounted fridge from Champagne Iain if you enter the prize draw

* A reserve price on eBay for a numbered plastic copy of the stolen FA cup with a signed certificate of authenticity from Champagne Iain saying they have always been 100% solvent, fully funded, yes siree, no fraud at all

All funds raised from the events will go towards the £4.5m project' date=' [b']to revamp the theatre[/b].

Sport Relief and Portsmouth Football Club will also receive a share of the money raised from the world-record bid.

:mcinnes:

That is the definition of portsmythmatics in a nutshell -

All the money goes to the theatre, the rest goes to pompey and Sport Relief!

So 100% can be converted into 120%-130% quite easily, in the same way that a giant cheque can be taken back off a kid in a wheelchair as soon as the photo has been taken - anything is possible in the land where a one million pound debt can be reduced to £40 and most fans gloss over it, or are just too thick to notice.

What a strange island.

At this point I should really confess - it's only just dawned on me that many moons ago I was taught maths on said island :scared: - and at no point was any of this latest stuff covered.

7 x 9 was 63, 6 x 8 was 48, at no point did I learn a table where 140 was reduced to single figures.

Odd.

Corpy isn't happy over on pol...

I disagree that we should support Barker. Not only have we not imroved since sacking GW (which was the right thing to do) in the points per game we're achieving Barker's dour, turgid style of play is driving people away from FP and will without doubt see a fall in ST renewals for next season. I suspect the board realise this and that's why Catlin issued his "more money to spend on players" rallying call earlier this week. People seem to be suggesting that the style of football will somehow miraculously transform next season once Barker can bring in new players. He's brough in almost a full team of his own men and there's been no improvement at all. He's allegedly tightened up the defence but our GD has failed to improve in the slightest so the net gain once again is nothing. We've scored 7 goals in our last ten games which shows a pathetic lack of threat and to help address this Barker has sent the only two natural goalscorers we have on the books out on loan - where both have scored several goals. Not only are we not scoring, we're not even threatening to score. In the last three games we've managed 4 shots on target. That's four on target efforts in 270 minutes play. Or one every 67 minutes.

Twenty or so games into his reign I can see no evidence of any progression under Barker, no style of play emerging, no method to his team selections and no promise. His style of play at Crawley was described as defensive & dour and his lat seven games there resulted in one goal. Why should we support this man? Nothing, absolutely nothing I've seen or read about him since he's been here makes me think he will bring success to this club. His churlish comments blaming previous managers, players and the Dalai Lama for poor performances are just the icing on an extremely **** cake

I have been thoroughly enjoying catching up on this bestest following my absence over the last few weeks, then I scrolled onto this piece of gold.

A great, in-depth analysis CORPY, LOL and PMSL at all your stats, what a pleasure for the eyes.

Welcome to League Two you filthy skate c*nt.

:mcinnes:
Charity always begins at Fratton park, it ends there as well, they do like to dip into the proceeds of any charity. I suspect they will parade a big cheque around proclaiming how good they are, milk the publicity and then take theor cut....the last lot didnt give any back if i recall correctly

Typical of the skate citizenry to attempt to break a World record using imaginary guitars. I have some other suggestions for them. Next they could go for the World records for the number of people simultaneously jumping up and down on imaginary Pogo Sticks and the length of time that imaginary hula hoops could be kept going by the greatest number too. I understand that the imaginary plate spinning record might also be within their grasp. Plenty of scope there for idiots in the PO postal code area to take money from their idiot neighbours.

But that other record they are going for has been exceeded many times over by us on this very thread. Instead of the comedy having to last a mere 82 hours and be watched by a minimum 10 people at any one time, we have been entertained by Skate comedians for nearly five years. I would guess that any one time of the day or night, there were at least 10 people around the World in different time zones looking at this thread for their daily laughs and many had paid £5 for the pleasure of it.

It's really a Tale of Two Cities. Their Theatres need massive sums to be raised to repair them and hover on the brink of financial collapse, a bit like their football club. We on the other hand have both a decent and highly profitable football ground and two decent theatres, both in good condition structurally and financially.

Perhaps they could extend the concept so the players can score imaginary goals? The crowd could to an imaginary celebration and they could imagine getting promoted.

I guess that would have to be the world's bestest imaginary celebration, yet another accolade to award themselves :)

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})