Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I still can't see them getting relegated and I fear a damp squib tonight when those around them fail to use the games in hand, but I'm happy to be wrong! :)

Looking at the poor quality in that division I think you have to be exceedingly woeful to drop, and they are not the bestest at being rubbish - but it's March and they are still in the hunt for non-league football, so you have to give them credit for that.

If they don't make it out of the division at the first attempt, it shouldn't detract from what they have achieved this season - and in the last five years.

I cannot think of another club that has been managed so badly, over such a long period of time, under different regimes, and at every level within the business, on and off the pitch.

The only thing still standing in the rickety ruins of the club is a little fat-driven spin machine that occasionally churns out soundbites about great fans and the massive club.

And despite the calls for this thread to be closed two years ago, it's the delusion of the few that helps to fuel this corner of the forum - this little oasis of hilarity where nutjobs and their camels sup.

Where else can you see a garage door in a bikini plummeting into a pool and emptying it of water?

What other thread gives you international updates from court cases, free financial lessons, and pictures of toddlers going to the toilet in a giant potty that was drawn at a cost of £1M in architect fees?

There is something for everyone!

Listening/ watching to tonights results live, will be a roller coaster of emotions for them, watching the live updated league as the goals go in, i wonder how they will feel later if all the results go against them,

Listening/ watching to tonights results live, will be a roller coaster of emotions for them, watching the live updated league as the goals go in, i wonder how they will feel later if all the results go against them,

It sure as hell won't be their fault that is all I know ;)

Its great that the Skates will be glued to the TV tonight hoping that Accrington , Wycombe and Torquay screw up.

This Saturday we will be doing the same, but looking out for Manchester United, Everton and Spurs.

WTFILN

What ever happened to Steve Coppell?

When Barker was appointed wasn't Steve meant to be his guide? Wasn't the impression that it was a 2 man job and Pompey were very lucky to get a man of his calibre.

Has he been seen lately? Is he stuck in the Board Room guzzling champagne or did he just take one look at the mess at Fortress Fratton and decide that it wasn't for him??

What ever happened to Steve Coppell?

When Barker was appointed wasn't Steve meant to be his guide? Wasn't the impression that it was a 2 man job and Pompey were very lucky to get a man of his calibre.

Has he been seen lately? Is he stuck in the Board Room guzzling champagne or did he just take one look at the mess at Fortress Fratton and decide that it wasn't for him??

According to those lot he was on express fm this evening.

Karma is vastly over-rated.

As I have enjoyed today, it is far better watching a pompous selfish idiot trying to be clever than it is to say "ah it's just fate"

This thread Sooooooooo mirrors reality it is untrue.

The difference between Karma and pompous idiots is always in their reactions when what they thought was reality but which all the world can see as stupidity blows up in their face and they stumble around asking WTF was that? When the world knows and says "Ah, my friend, that was the Bleedin' obvious"

Can't see either if the bottom two putting any sore of a run together. Think they will stay up despite being so poor. That said, I think we will get far more LOLs from then in League 2 again than we would if they were in the Skrill.

Northampton were something like 6 games unbeaten going in to today. Their last home game of the season is against the Skates...

So the drama rumbles on to Saturday.

The Skates are home to York. York have won their last 4 and are unbeaten in the last 8.

Northampton are away to Morecambe - Both teams disappointed tonight but Morecambe conceded 5 at Accrington and their morale could be low.

Torquay have mid table Newport to contend with. The 9 knows much more about Newport than me - but hopefully they will roll over and die.

Can we possibly hope for all 3 results going our way?

I make that 81 league places above them.

From memory I think they were 53 above us at our lowest point? - a swing of 134 places must be a world record, making us the bestest ever!

It has been an astonishing turnaround.

Glad I'm not on the wrong end of it, that would be horrendous - especially if I had been gobbing off for years between toy sales.

I'd have made myself look a right ****

I make that 81 league places above them.

From memory I think they were 53 above us at our lowest point? - a swing of 134 places must be a world record, making us the bestest ever!

It has been an astonishing turnaround.

Glad I'm not on the wrong end of it, that would be horrendous - especially if I had been gobbing off for years between toy sales.

I'd have made myself look a right ****

I would be "pig sick."

They are a defeat/draw and Northampton win on Saturday from pressing the panic button.

However, I very much agree with several on here. Being in the worse 3/4 in a league is one thing, somehow the worst two seems way too bad for them to match. Or is it?

I think they're already panicking, hence their breaking the 'strict playing budget' to boost their 'threadbare' squad several times recently

The midweek fixtures and forth coming games for the skates are interesting. I never thought for one minute they would get relegated and probably still don't, but it could get very interesting down there. Just imagine if Malwhinney was still in charge, the ten points would have stuck and it would be all over bar the shouting.

Yes, I've been cursing the old bastard's premature departure every time I look at the L2 table. Mind you, if the DFCSBs manage to go down under their own steam it would make it all the more hilarious.

We live in hope.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/barker-pleased-with-response-despite-defeat-1-5939453

Some of the comments on here are brilliant, they are not happy down there.

:lol: (Best sorted by "most active"). Richie is not very popular with the few.

The natives are definitely revolting.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})