17> Exeter City

18> Mansfield Town

19> Bury

20> Bristol Rovers

21> Wycombe Wanderers

22> Portsmouth

23> Northampton Town

24> Torquay United

Feel free to copy and paste to enlighten work colleagues who may need reminding :-)

You can mock but they still had more than 3,000 paying home fans yesterday, and if smaller clubs like Liverpool, Newcastle or even ourselves were in League Two, there would be nowhere near that on a sunny afternoon in March.

Yes, they might be having a little bit of a wobble right now, but they are still a massive club with a proud history of winning trophies without cheating, paying off debt promptly, setting record post-war attendances, pioneering anti-fascism, and never booing or chucking coins at injured opposition players.

So some of you smug Nutjobs might like to bear that in mind - especially as we are currently trapped in the middle of a post-Cortese meltdown of epic proportions that will see an inevitable summer firesale prior to the club dropping through the leagues like a single tear from a plucky Portsea child's cheek.

We will never be able to compete with their history.

Unless we can conjure up another four administrations, hire in some prossies, get in bed with Lidl, and shove some wheelchair-bound kids into a canal.

I sometimes find a visual aid helps when thinking about stats:

1> Chelsea

2> Liverpool

3> Manchester City

4> Arsenal

5> Everton

6> Tottenham Hotspur

7> Manchester United

8> Newcastle United

9> Southampton

10> Aston Villa

11> Stoke City

12> Hull City

13> Norwich City

14> West Ham United

15> Swansea City

16> West Bromwich Albion

17> Crystal Palace

18> Sunderland

19> Cardiff City

20> Fulham

1> Leicester City

2> Burnley

3> Derby County

4> Queens Park Rangers

5> Wigan Athletic

6> Reading

7> Nottingham Forest

8> Brighton and Hove Albion

9> Ipswich Town

10> Blackburn Rovers

11> AFC Bournemouth

12> Watford

13> Leeds United

14> Middlesbrough

15> Sheffield Wednesday

16> Huddersfield Town

17> Bolton Wanderers

18> Blackpool

19> Doncaster Rovers

20> Birmingham City

21> Charlton Athletic

22> Millwall

23> Yeovil Town

24> Barnsley

1> Wolverhampton Wanderers

2> Brentford

3> Leyton Orient

4> Rotherham United

5> Preston North End

6> Peterborough United

7> Milton Keynes Dons

8> Swindon Town

9> Walsall

10> Port Vale

11> Sheffield United

12> Crawley Town

13> Bradford City

14> Gillingham

15> Bristol City

16> Colchester United

17> Coventry City

18> Oldham Athletic

19> Crewe Alexandra

20> Tranmere Rovers

21> Carlisle United

22> Shrewsbury Town

23> Stevenage

24> Notts County

1> Rochdale

2> S****horpe United

3> Chesterfield

4> Fleetwood

5> Burton Albion

6> Oxford United

7> York City

8> Plymouth Argyle

9> Southend United

10> Dagenham Redbridge

11> Hartlepool United

12> Newport County

13> Cheltenham Town

14> Morecambe

15> AFC Wimbledon

16> Accrington Stanley

17> Exeter City

18> Mansfield Town

19> Bury

20> Bristol Rovers

21> Wycombe Wanderers

22> Portsmouth

23> Northampton Town

24> Torquay United

Feel free to copy and paste to enlighten work colleagues who may need reminding :-)

Nice work, fella!

I sometimes find a visual aid helps when thinking about stats:

1> Chelsea

2> Liverpool

3> Manchester City

4> Arsenal

5> Everton

6> Tottenham Hotspur

7> Manchester United

8> Newcastle United

9> Southampton

10> Aston Villa

11> Stoke City

12> Hull City

13> Norwich City

14> West Ham United

15> Swansea City

16> West Bromwich Albion

17> Crystal Palace

18> Sunderland

19> Cardiff City

20> Fulham

21> Leicester City

22> Burnley

23> Derby County

24> Queens Park Rangers

25> Wigan Athletic

26> Reading

27> Nottingham Forest

28> Brighton and Hove Albion

29> Ipswich Town

30> Blackburn Rovers

31> AFC Bournemouth

32> Watford

33> Leeds United

34> Middlesbrough

35> Sheffield Wednesday

36> Huddersfield Town

37> Bolton Wanderers

38> Blackpool

39> Doncaster Rovers

40> Birmingham City

41> Charlton Athletic

42> Millwall

43> Yeovil Town

44> Barnsley

45> Wolverhampton Wanderers

46> Brentford

47> Leyton Orient

48> Rotherham United

49> Preston North End

50> Peterborough United

51> Milton Keynes Dons

52> Swindon Town

53> Walsall

54> Port Vale

55> Sheffield United

56> Crawley Town

57> Bradford City

58> Gillingham

59> Bristol City

60> Colchester United

61> Coventry City

62> Oldham Athletic

63> Crewe Alexandra

64> Tranmere Rovers

65> Carlisle United

66> Shrewsbury Town

67> Stevenage

68> Notts County

69> Rochdale

70> S****horpe United

71> Chesterfield

72> Fleetwood

73> Burton Albion

74> Oxford United

75> York City

76> Plymouth Argyle

77> Southend United

78> Dagenham Redbridge

79> Hartlepool United

80> Newport County

81> Cheltenham Town

82> Morecambe

83> AFC Wimbledon

84> Accrington Stanley

85> Exeter City

86> Mansfield Town

87> Bury

88> Bristol Rovers

89> Wycombe Wanderers

90> Portsmouth

91> Northampton Town

92> Torquay United

A better table I feel :-)

So if Portsmuff is owned by the fans and..... the vast majority of them want Barker out, why is he still in a job?

And of course, the mess they're in is just down to barker. They're so short sighted, like a lot of clubs - changing the manager will fix everything!!!!!!

The fact is that they're rotten to the core, they should have been liquidated and started up again - would have been beneficial for them, but from our point of view, it's quite funny to see the suffering prolonged.

With hindsight, liquidation was the wrong option. It would have made them think they were martyrs and no doubt they would have found someone else to blame.

A season in the conference followed by liquidation on the other hand and they'd have no-one to blame. The humiliation would also be complete.

Not only that but they could also claim another record; first fan-owned[sic] club to be liquidated :D

With hindsight, liquidation was the wrong option. It would have made them think they were martyrs and no doubt they would have found someone else to blame.

A season in the conference followed by liquidation on the other hand and they'd have no-one to blame. The humiliation would also be complete.

Not only that but they could also claim another record; first fan-owned[sic] club to be liquidated :D

This^

IMO the way it has worked out has always been the best option (for us!) ie. 'death by a thousand cuts' and non stop hilarity !

I wouldn't have missed the last couple of years for all the fat in their pipes :)

Sometimes bookies offer ridiculous odds on an event. It is all to do with balancing their "book" on the event. It doesn't happen very often but when it does happen, I think that all sensible people need to exploit the situation.. There is no guarantee that the punter will win .... but in the long run if he can spot enough of these opportunities the punter will win.

There is now one of these opportunities. Bet Vicor are currently offering 10/3 on Pompey being relegated. Not bad odds but probably realistic. Only Torquay and Northampton are shorter - reflecting the current league 2 table. Bet Victor however are offering 25/1 that Pompey will finish bottom of League 2. Torquay, Northampton, Exeter, Wycombe and Accrington areall shorter odds !! Unbelievable generosity from the bookie and certainly not reflective of the league table!!

I am not that sure that Pompey will finish below Torquay ... but these odds should be a lot less than 25/1. The chances of a Pompey implosion and them finishing bottom are in my view well short of 25/1. Fill your boots time.!!

Edited by Tamesaint

Allen is just desperate to alleviate the gloom and crap he knows is coming his way on Monday. Even stalwarts like Bob Beech are now tweeting against Barker, Allen does not know when to jump ship but he knows he must.

The glory of this thread is it acts like a anadin tablet after a Saints defeat. Just log on, see how worse off they are and already you start to feel better.

Allen is just desperate to alleviate the gloom and crap he knows is coming his way on Monday. Even stalwarts like Bob Beech are now tweeting against Barker, Allen does not know when to jump ship but he knows he must.

The glory of this thread is it acts like a anadin tablet after a Saints defeat. Just log on, see how worse off they are and already you start to feel better.

They are truly the gift that keeps on giving. Some of their own contributors to the snooze comments pages are starting to admit the (for them) awful truth about what a laughing stock they've become.

Sometimes bookies offer ridiculous odds on an event. It is all to do with balancing their "book" on the event. It doesn't happen very often but when it does happen, I think that all sensible people need to exploit the situation.. There is no guarantee that the punter will win .... but in the long run if he can spot enough of these opportunities the punter will win.

There is now one of these opportunities. Bet Vicor are currently offering 10/3 on Pompey being relegated. Not bad odds but probably realistic. Only Torquay and Northampton are shorter - reflecting the current league 2 table. Bet Victor however are offering 25/1 that Pompey will finish bottom of League 2. Torquay, Northampton, Exeter, Wycombe and Accrington areall shorter odds !! Unbelievable generosity from the bookie and certainly not reflective of the league table!!

I am not that sure that Pompey will finish below Torquay ... but these odds should be a lot less than 25/1. The chances of a Pompey implosion and them finishing bottom are in my view well short of 25/1. Fill your boots time.!!

Not sure they'll finish bottom but only 10/3 to be relegated... you can still get 9/2 on Skybet

If this happens (Godwilling) will PompeyNil be the fastest ever drop from topflight to non-League? Not counting Wimbledon as they ceased to exist.

If even self-confessed skate Claridge says they're doomed, things must indeed be bad for them.

In the immortal words of Sergeant Major Williams, 'Oh dear, what a pity, never mind'

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/106942/how-the-mighty-have-fallen!!!/#22

Hopefully we'll help to send Portsmouth down. They deserve it as they're a cheating non-bill paying fatherless club.

Teams that go into administration three times should be kicked out of the league IMO. Portsmouth revelled in the good times spending money they did not have and paying back their creditors small amounts. The amount of times this happens is ridiculous.

Other football clubs have also done the same thing and yes I don't care who it is they should be relegated each time they go into administration. In the case of Portsmouth they would have already been out of the league. They are a typical "we're a big club" and it's not fair club. Good riddance to them if they get relegated.

It's not just us that 'gets it' then... :)

Still cant see Pompey being relegated. They've bought in a lot of fringe championship and solid lg1 players. Just how bad would the management have to be to make those players perform worse than everybody else in lg2 bar one?............I know, I know.

8 games left for them

Rochdale (A)

Newport (A)

Hartlepool (H)

Dag & Red (A)

Bristol R (H)

Northampton (A)

Bury (A)

Plymouth (H)

Rochdale being top of the league, can't see them getting a point there. Newport are 7 points off the playoffs with a game in hand, Hartlepool are 6 off, and D&R are 5 off, so I guess that they will all be trying bloody hard to get into the play off spots. Bristol Rovers & Bury are a point above Northampton 3 points below. Plymouth are outside the playoffs on GD alone.

Still cant see Pompey being relegated. They've bought in a lot of fringe championship and solid lg1 players. Just how bad would the management have to be to make those players perform worse than everybody else in lg2 bar one?............I know, I know.

They have great management, look at the stats:

Barker:... 19.... 4... 8... 7

Whits:..... 51...11..15..25

Appleton: 51....13..11..27

all about a point a game.

Maybe the FL have learnt a few lessons - I know the phew blame them for letting the shady characters in

The same shady characters that inadvertently kept them alive by virtue of wiping out most of their debt via consecutive admins... I haven't looked but I would imagine Twitter is currently awash with hypocritical Pompey fans declaring..."if only the Football League had been stricter with our owners"...

PfSHaqYF_bigger.pngStan Collymore@StanCollymore

Better be up s**t Creek without a paddle in the short term, than a Pompey situation 5 years down the line eh Leeds fans?

zIfO6MsI_bigger.jpegK Diddy @LeedsHeartWhite

The only positive thing I can say about #LUFC right now is that at least we're not Pompey but other then that zilch. Devestated and worried

Edited by trousers

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})