Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Another home defeat, no goals, blatant red card, clueless manager pleased with the team's effort, and the few are chucking coins at opposition players.

What a lovely bunch.

It's Eastleigh that I feel sorry for - the pompey circus is heading their way!

Seriously tempted to get tickets for their last match of the season in the Plymouth end (if the aren't down by then..) - visions of unfurling a Saints flag as they slip into the Conference....WTFILN?

Bristol Rovers at home would be better. Now that's going to be a tasty encounter.....

Another home defeat, no goals, blatant red card, clueless manager pleased with the team's effort, and the few are chucking coins at opposition players.

What a lovely bunch.

It's Eastleigh that I feel sorry for - the pompey circus is heading their way!

Never fear, I think the karma fairy is about to pay them a long-overdue visit :)

Listened to the pompey match on Solent (yeah I know but I have the radio in the garage set to 96.10) truly dire stuff from pompey but my favourite part was the pompey fan who texted Radio Solent after the game to say he is refusing to give the club anymore of his money while they're rubbish...........

Preferably relegation to the Conference and another administration - the Conference don't fanny around with clubs in administration, just ask Salisbury.

More's the pity that the FL didn't have the balls to impose the deserved 10 point penalty which every other team in history had !

They would almost be dead by now if true justice had been served, the DFCSB's !

Suggestion of coin throwing today.

@db_simmo: #Pompey fans complaining about #ycfc playacting, 2 players out with ligament damage and bruises from the coins you threw at them... #petty

While I don't condone it for one minute, every little helps I guess.

Suggestion of coin throwing today.

@db_simmo: #Pompey fans complaining about #ycfc playacting, 2 players out with ligament damage and bruises from the coins you threw at them... #petty

While I don't condone it for one minute, every little helps I guess.

Must have been a big coin to cause ligament damage....

I find this comment so nauseating its untrue......

'Fair point pompeyblue and fair point smirnoff.

I just think they're might be some genuine potential owners out there now that we are rid of Chanrai and the other chancres.

No skeletons in the cupboard etc mite make us a attractive proposition to someone who can invest in taking us forward.

My own view is that we're too big a club to be fan owned. It's ok for aldershot Bournemouth etc but not for a club with 30,000 potential crowds'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find this comment so nauseating its untrue......

'Fair point pompeyblue and fair point smirnoff.

I just think they're might be some genuine potential owners out there now that we are rid of Chanrai and the other chancres.

No skeletons in the cupboard etc mite make us a attractive proposition to someone who can invest in taking us forward.

My own view is that we're too big a club to be fan owned. It's ok for aldershot Bournemouth etc but not for a club with 30,000 potential crowds'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone remind me the last time they had 30,000 at home?

And to think we were disappointed when they seemed to have got away with it. There slow car crash demise has Been a thing of beauty to behold. Could it really happen conference football? it's almost to delicious to believe, but looking possible at the moment.

Is that a massive KARMA cloud I see descending on the septic Isle.

According to some skate on their board, "Lose league status and in year 1 we'd lose £770,000 (Premier League payments to all div.2 clubs part of EPPP agreement and sponsorship). If we didn't get promoted at first attempt we'd lose the final £90,000 for youth funding in year 2. That's without the loss of income from sponsorship - would the likes of Jobsite still want to be associated with a continuously failing football club, commercial, ST sales, matchday ticket sales, merchandise etc and away support coming to FP. Millions, oh and to help balance the loss we'd get £20,000 pa from Skrill Conference National sponsorship to replace the £860,000 we had for being in league 2."

Fingers crossed eh?

A well-reason, intelligent post from the thread on the Fansonline board entitled; "Put the club up for sale."

"My own view is that we're too big a club to be fan owned. It's ok for aldershot Bournemouth etc but not for a club with 30,000 potential crowds."

No delusion there at all, really. 30,000 crowds? FFS.

I reckon they hate Bournemouth now more than they hate us.

In all the arguments between us and them as to who is the biggest club, they've always been able to derive some satisfaction that they were bigger than Bournemouth.

Bompey's status as a stable Championship club has relegated them to third club in Hampshire (I'm sticking Bournemouth in Hampshire for the sake of this).

When they look up at the league tables and see Bournemouth way above them, it serves as a jab in the ribs with a pointy stick to remind them how far they have sunk.

According to some skate on their board, "Lose league status and in year 1 we'd lose £770,000 (Premier League payments to all div.2 clubs part of EPPP agreement and sponsorship). If we didn't get promoted at first attempt we'd lose the final £90,000 for youth funding in year 2. That's without the loss of income from sponsorship - would the likes of Jobsite still want to be associated with a continuously failing football club, commercial, ST sales, matchday ticket sales, merchandise etc and away support coming to FP. Millions, oh and to help balance the loss we'd get £20,000 pa from Skrill Conference National sponsorship to replace the £860,000 we had for being in league 2."

Fingers crossed eh?

Karma's a b!tch, huh? :lol:

Interesting to see that according to Barker they were the best team for 80 minutes today against York. Has there been any game this season when they haven't been the better team? Have they had any refereeing decision go their way?

With just a little bit of luck they would be so far clear at the top that they would have won the League 2 title by now.

Seriously tempted to get tickets for their last match of the season in the Plymouth end (if the aren't down by then..) - visions of unfurling a Saints flag as they slip into the Conference....WTFILN?

:o What are you favourite flowers and chocolates that we can send to you in hospital afterwards?

Interesting to see that according to Barker they were the best team for 80 minutes today against York. Has there been any game this season when they haven't been the better team? Have they had any refereeing decision go their way?

With just a little bit of luck they would be so far clear at the top that they would have won the League 2 title by now.

They had plenty of luck today York missed a couple of sitters (one candidate for miss of the season according to the tatters)

Fingers crossed eh?

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

:o What are you favourite flowers and chocolates that we can send to you in hospital afterwards?

This is where subtilty it's needed, a banner with "so long and thanks for all the fish - love nutjobs" should give us all a laugh and leave them scratching their lice infested heads...

According to http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/D3/runin.html

#lowlyportsmouth can mathematically climb no higher than 4th.

So thats blown their last remaining hope of automatic promotion straight back to the lofty heights of L1 :lol:

And with only 8 games left, realistically they would have to win at least 5 to reach the play-offs

#smalltimeportsmouth

This is great isn't it?

Losing at home to York, Rochdale next, Northampton catching up with every game! I'd best get my Eastleigh season ticket ordered cos I don't want to miss that game next season.

Can you imagine P***muff could be lower down the table than Eastleigh this time next year.

Happy days

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

This is great isn't it?

Losing at home to York, Rochdale next, Northampton catching up with every game! I'd best get my Eastleigh season ticket ordered cos I don't want to miss that game next season.

Can you imagine P***muff could be lower down the table than Eastleigh this time next year.

Happy days

RATHER EASTLEIGH THAN PORTSMOUTH

I feel a campaign/logo/tshirt/website coming on

#It's Happening

#OurDreamIsReal

Ha ha ha!!!

Despite all my mirth at PompeyNil's precarious position, today was the 1st day I genuinely believed they could go down! Oh how I'd love to see them having to play Salisbury at the Ray Mac next season. They'd be bound to struggle too, just think of all those Cup Final games!!!

The grand old duke of York

He had eleven men

He sent them off to fratton

To send them down again

Yep, nice one, saw that on the UI yesterday, could become a classic, if...

That and Sha-la-la, the only 2 acceptable skate songs as they don't include the 'P' word.

Altogether now...

Oh, the grand old Duke of York

He had 11 men

He marched them down to fratton park

To send them down again

This is great isn't it?

Happy days

Will it be a bubble match at Eastleigh?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})