Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Do you play, Sue?

Well, not with your type..;-)

Oh, and I forgot. What about my gloves?

As a general point, it's interesting how you start off as a forward and in low level footie (pub teams and the like) end up as a goalkeeper. With a few exceptions of course, like Parkin at Fleetwood... [Thanks to this thread for that classic photo..]. How long before Portsmouth...

@PennyMordauntMP: Thank you to the lunatic who paid £600 for my #splash swimsuit. Going to 2 great causes :)

So that's where you've been this evening Rallyboy...? :)

Looking forward to Rallyboy having a guess at what the two charities are.

Haven't read this yet but given the headline there's bound to be a few chortles in there to keep us nutjobs amused...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/coppell-calls-for-fratton-wall-of-noise-1-5950945

Coppell calls for Fratton wall of noise

Edit: Here's your starter for 10....

‘In my first season at Palace, Pompey turned up to play a game, Bally (Alan Ball) was manager and I didn’t know the phenomenon that is Portsmouth.'
Edited by trousers

Though it was a bargain, and I'm finding it quite a comfy swimsuit to wear at the computer, it's a little 'draughty' and the boys keep popping out of the barracks, so I might just use it to make curtains.

For the whole house.

I had you more down as a bikini man...

man-in-red-bikini.jpg

I just had a look at their run-in. :scared:

Though I still believe they will scrape home, the few must be wondering where the points are going to come from.

They still have to go to Bury and Northampton, Bristol Rovers at home, and just like Avram, those fixtures come thick and fast in April.*

With a modest squad they are likely to run out of legs, so it could be a tight margin that keeps them in the football league.

With goals at a premium and relegation likely to be decided on one result, it is a brave man who doesn't patch things up with Connolly and recall him.

Brave, or clueless.

*April works in Horton Heath.

Not sure about the modest squad - looks pretty bloated to me. Their official site has it that they have a 40-man squad, on the Beeb it's 36-man strong. Personally, I can't keep up. There are more comings and goings than [insert Uncle Avram pun here].

Not sure about the modest squad - looks pretty bloated to me. Their official site has it that they have a 40-man squad, on the Beeb it's 36-man strong. Personally, I can't keep up. There are more comings and goings than [insert Uncle Avram pun here].

Quantity-over-quality is so the new quality-over-quantity down on the septic isle this spring.

Interesting that Portsmouth University is looking to sell its Langstone campus site, where the skates currently train. If the fund were there this might make a pretty decent spot for a new ground development, although access is very limited.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/education/campus-site-could-be-sold-by-university-of-portsmouth-1-5940916

"If the funds were there"?

Since when did not having enough funds ever stop Pompey buying things? (e.g. FA Cup Final appearances)

Interesting that Portsmouth University is looking to sell its Langstone campus site, where the skates currently train. If the fund were there this might make a pretty decent spot for a new ground development, although access is very limited.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/education/campus-site-could-be-sold-by-university-of-portsmouth-1-5940916

I reckon as they are going into cahoot with Tesco on the ground, they will be going into cahoots with Tesco on the training ground, so be prepared to see the Skates training in the carpark at Burseldon Tesco's very soon.

I reckon as they are going into cahoot with Tesco on the ground, they will be going into cahoots with Tesco on the training ground, so be prepared to see the Skates training in the carpark at Burseldon Tesco's very soon.

That's the only Rangers and Rovers they'll be playing against then.

now I know what will become of the Tesco Express on Goldsmith Avenue.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.794335,-1.064307,3a,75y,186.85h,86.55t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sAZT2ub-D_n5wILVtWqnreA!2e0

without enough local support I don't think it will necessarily go through. After all the local people are the customers and if they say they don't need/want it, then I am not sure their plea can be ignored.

My knowledge is limited to the BBC TV show The Planners, but these things seem to all end up going to an appeal. I suspect there are one or two nutjobs on here that can outline exactly how this process will play out?

I'm also interested to know what result you all want.

While there might be two petions of over 2,000 and over 1,000 letters of opposition unless they are well founded objections on relevant planning grounds they are unlikely to make much headway.

That is why I believe the covenant that forbade retail use on some of the former BT/Miland land and which was rescinded by the council recently could be key to it all. If it can be proved that the covenant should not have been withdrawn as it was intended to protect existing local retail outlets and that situation is no different now then there is a good call for a judicial review at least if the planning committee pass the Tesco plan. A JR would eat up another six months, time that Pompey don't have without the Tesco money.

I think you have your answer. :D

Can anyone confirm any truth in the rumour that a possible UK based Charity have asked for citizens of a certain South Coast City to stop posting no make-up selfies following the sad rumour of the possible suicide of the person assigned to record them all?

What an absolutely appalling piece of propaganda masquerading as journalism, again.

When referring to negative posts, the online fans are "a small percentage of Pompey's overall support", but when it comes to positive posts "a large, large number of the online following still offer a very loyal backing".

What is a large, large number, I wonder?

Particularly where the author, by his own admission in the article, didn't bother to actually read the comments.

One could be forgiven for thinking that the journalist who wrote it was deliberately writing crap articles in protest at receiving crap orders from his boss, who wanted to hide from the inevitable criticism.

[TABLE=class: table-stats]

[TR=class: team]

[/TR]

[TD=class: position] 19[/TD]

[TD=class: team-name] Wycombe [/TD]

[TD=class: played]38[/TD]

[TD=class: goal-difference]-6[/TD]

[TD=class: points]43[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: position] 20[/TD]