Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

In all seriousness, I do wonder how many of the bestest will walk away? And would any of them cross the divide from blue to red? :?

Somebody taunted them last season with "your sons will wear our shirts". A lot of truth in that (along with Man U, Liverpool etc). A 50 something Pompey fan from Fratton won't switch but teenagers from Locks Heath, maybe even Fareham will.

Phoenix clubs worth making a note of - AFC Wimbledon (nine years from the Combined Counties League to Football League), Chester FC (three years from Northern Division One to Conference), Aldershot (small club, took them 16 years to reach the League) and I'm pretty sure Darlington 1883 will be in the Conference quite soon and knocking on the door of the League.

They'd have been so much better off starting from scratch.

As a season ticket holder at Darlington, I can see Darlo rise through the leagues pretty fast. They, last night, just agreed a ground share back in Darlington so hopefully the crowds will back to 2000ish.

BTW, please lose the 1883 suffix. It causes unrest here! :)

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk 2

"You have changed your owners, manager and first team squad and yet you are still in the sh1t, what is the one constant in all of this...?"

I'm going down to a social club in the village tonight - just to the East of Pompey - and I'll ask that question: all sweet and innocent like..

Somebody taunted them last season with "your sons will wear our shirts". A lot of truth in that (along with Man U, Liverpool etc). A 50 something Pompey fan from Fratton won't switch but teenagers from Locks Heath, maybe even Fareham will.

Or a nipper goes with his football club team mate to St. Mary's.. we might even get as far as Cosham!

That was me :). They bit like f**k with that one.

One of my mates who is a Pompey fan has a Saints supporting son, purely from the fact that all his mates at school support Saints. He's not too happy about it but nothing he can do. :lol:

Told him its only a matter of time before he see's the light too and make's the switch.

The Ultimate Ride

4:56 PM on 25/03/2014

"wasn't it your club that mugged a £50M ground off of creditors a while ago mate, charities,businesses etc it's all the same if you don't pay your bar tab you can't drink anymore,"

Some of the few really do refuse to deal with facts dont they?

God they really do love themselves

League Two will lose a major asset

Opposition teams must just love coming to Fratton Park, playing in front of 13-17K and raising their game accordingly. And they usually win! In addition, I used to find FP embarrassing for the Premier League, but now is a mini-Wembley for most of the league, as with Sheffield United in League 1.

However, that will all go if/when we hit Conference, and the highlight will be Bristol Rovers and their 7K fans, a lousy pitch, and dodgy hot chocolate.

Someone should pose the following question to the few...

"You have changed your owners, manager and first team squad and yet you are still in the sh1t, what is the one constant in all of this...?"

The water?

The fatty pipes?

You're all wrong.

Its 'everyone else' i.e. 'the whole world is against them', its a massive conspiracy. They'll all be wearing tin foil hats soon

Carlsberg don't do Tuesday night football; but if they did:-

Rochdale and Northampton home wins & away wins for Wycombe, Accrington, Bristol Rovers, Mansfield, Bury, Exeter and Torquay.

If it happened Skates in the bottom two and odds on to go down.

"I would love it, just love it........"

Someone should pose the following question to the few...

Us ****ing ourselves laughing (Hi Corpy!) at them?

Rochdale and Northampton home wins & away wins for Wycombe, Accrington, Bristol Rovers, Mansfield, Bury, Exeter and Torquay.

That set of results is 40,000-1 on bet365, worth a quid surely

As a season ticket holder at Darlington, I can see Darlo rise through the leagues pretty fast. They, last night, just agreed a ground share back in Darlington so hopefully the crowds will back to 2000ish.

BTW, please lose the 1883 suffix. It causes unrest here! :)

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk 2

Great news. I called them 1883 just to differentiate but hey ho.

That set of results is 40,000-1 on bet365, worth a quid surely

Hmmm had to have a punt on that on Sky Bet. Odds nowhere near as good but I still have my winnings in that from when Skates lost 2 weeks ago. A tenner at 28500/1 (approx). Now that would be some win.

Would settle for a Northampton win at home by 2/3 to 10 men Wimbledon and the Skates to lose by 2/3 for tonight. This will see them in the bottom 2.

All very tight down there, with one win shooting you up the table (outside the bottom 2) hoping that the skates are still down there when it comes to Easter Monday :)

Would settle for a Northampton win at home by 2/3 to 10 men Wimbledon and the Skates to lose by 2/3 for tonight. This will see them in the bottom 2.

All very tight down there, with one win shooting you up the table (outside the bottom 2) hoping that the skates are still down there when it comes to Easter Monday :)

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})