Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

This is like Crossroads - a soap programme that was so awful it was compulsive viewing.

Can someone post the link to the McInnes/Barker presser, I am going to watch it again when the news comes through.

Glad to see that I wasn't the only one who was hooked on the programme for all the wrong reasons

In the same class as some of the 'dramas' on the ill fated Southampton TV

According to a journo on twitter they are making a final decision in the morning as some board members don't want to wield the axe

Can they actually afford to sack him?

Which could well be what the hold up is about, they need a chance to see who they can stitch up next to afford his severance pay.

thanks

I have just watched it again. Ricky Gervais could have written "The Office" after watching that. Just watching the body language is fascinating.

I hope Slugworth is available for the next manager unveiling as well, and maybe the engagement manger will start engaging again also.

They keep on showing a picture of some blonde player....wasn't he in the youth side demolished by us?

Yes, Whatmough. And now Brentford have recalled Diagouraga they might need to find another one from their auspicious youth side.

According to a journo on twitter they are making a final decision in the morning as some board members don't want to wield the axe

Which could well be what the hold up is about, they need a chance to see who they can stitch up next to afford his severance pay.

Fine. Every little bit of prevarication, uncertainty, disunity and disagreement helps as the clock counts down to the end of the season.

Does anyone still think they have got away with it? This is the best I could have hoped for and I hope the comedy continues.

It's priceless isn't it? The only thing I wanna see though is the bestest admitting it wasn't worth it. That's the only thing missing for me

The majority shareholders with the minority of votes say get rid, while the minority shareholders with the majority of votes say no?

The only common factor is that they all have very deep pockets and very short arms. They are currently flat broke, and already way over their heads in debt for at least the next 3 years. And they are sure as hell not selling any season tickets for next year at the moment.

What was that word again?

The majority shareholders with the minority of votes say get rid, while the minority shareholders with the majority of votes say no?

The only common factor is that they all have very deep pockets and very short arms. They are currently flat broke, and already way over their heads in debt for at least the next 3 years. And they are sure as hell not selling any season tickets for next year at the moment.

What was that word again?

Superb stuff. And I just watched that Barker press conference for the first time. 8 minutes of comedy gold.

To be fair, we have hounded out just about every manager and player we have ever had. They are all on the back foot from the minute they arrive at Fratton Park. I wonder what would happen if we eased off the pressure and actually threw a bit of praise their way once in a while? Maybe they, including Richie Barker & his massive squad ( which I must admit is ridiculously large but that's what the board wanted), would start to perform at their best..

Looks as if one or two of them are starting to get it

#factlessallen, in another breathtakingly banal 'scoop':

'Barker future remains undecided'

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/barker-future-remains-undecided-1-5962256

I saw this and thought it might, with a little adroit clipping, make a nice counterpoint to :mcinnes:

133582273.jpg

Indeed, a Barker facepalm for a Photoshop wizard although it could turn out to have a very limited shop life.

Does anyone still think they have got away with it? This is the best I could have hoped for and I hope the comedy continues.

Until they ARE relegated to the Conference, then, Yes, they will have still gotten away with it

I sincerely hope that Northampton will find some "Balls" other than the playing one.

Some of the comments at the bottom of the News article are funny but this one below is hilarious, is it from a nutjob I wonder? I particularly love McInnes being referred to as Bolinger Bertie

Well hellooo Portsmouth.What a wonderful morning.

Great evening yesterday. Catflap, Bollinger Bertie and I met for our usual mid week quaff, was a bit worried that some awkward questions may be asked but it went fine.

Catflap had primed our tipsy chum with a couple of bottles of chateau Fratton so he didn't notice when we held the L2 table upside down, thinks we're going for an automatic promotion place, idiot.

Catflap says we are very lucky to have the deluded fans we have, some are even trying to explain the non action at the club as "due process". 'kin 'ell, this at the club that sacked a club legend by accident in a tipsy call from our Celtic supporting chairman.

I can't wait to see to look on the player's faces this morning!

The absolute respect mixed with love will be a real boost to my ego.

Byeeeee (but not in the way you wanted) for now.

I know that my view that they have suffered some punishment has been dismissed by some in the past, but let's be realistic here.

While the football authorities have let them off on several occasions, particularly on the groundbreaking failure to delay the points deduction last season, and they have escaped winding-up when that was the obvious action for a 'normal' business, let's not pretend they have got away with much.

Look at the league table - they were in the Premier League, they will never go there again.

Yes, they've dodged debts and legal processes, escaped punishment for financial irregularities and false ownership, but the sporting gods of Karma have been kicking the living crap out of them for years now.

You show me a pompey fan who feels that they haven't suffered at all, and I'll show you a toothless simpleton with no grasp of reality.

If I was an eccentric friend of Glenn Hoddle I might even suggest that they are paying for sins in a previous life.

Which works for me.

So, though the justice hasn't come from the correct quarters, it is being dished out. :)

If Karma can just find one final push, they will be over the line and justice will have been served.

Still not convinced that they have suffered?

To put it into context, look forward to 2019 and imagine West Ham, Aston Villa or Sunderland, one place off relegation to non-league - that would be the bestest decline in world football.

The few might still be smugly claiming the cup, but I 4-1 know that inside, they are sobbing like girls.

Portsmouth News journo in two sentences per paragraph shocker (twice in one article no less).... http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/barker-pompey-future-remains-in-balance-1-5962260

In the meantime, discussions were held among Pompey’s board members over his future as well as measures the club can take to fight off the very real threat of relegation. However, a board meeting was not held due to some members’ unavailability and instead McInnes and Catlin met up with Barker for further talks.

The issue of replacing the ex-Rotherham striker should he be dismissed is also an intriguing one, with Andy Awford expected to step up. The Pompey Academy manager has served as caretaker on two previous occasions, one of which was as Guy Whittingham’s assistant manager at the end of last season.

Who would they get to replace Barker? They have no money but surely the chance to manage the bestest sleeping giant in world football would attract the bestest - and they would probably be happy to do the job for just the honour of being able to say that they were once in charge of the bestest.

Now he has won the German title with Bayern Munich could Pep Guardiola be tempted to Fortress Fatpipes for the 5 weeks between now and the end of the season? Whilst in England he could nip up to Old Trafford for the Champions League tie with Man U but probably Bayern could beat the laughing stock that moyes now mismanages with their manager away on a short sabbatical. Pep could come in for just 5 weeks, save the bestest from non league football and then return to Munich in time for the Champions League semi final.

All Pep has to do is have a quick word with Thierry Henry to learn about Pompey's standing in world football and I am sure that he could be tempted. Wouldn't us scummas be "pig sick"?

@alex_crook: 2nd #pompey board meeting to decide future of Barker taking place this morning Im told 5 directors voted to sack and 2 to keep him yesterday

@alex_crook: If Barker goes Andy Awford will replace him until the end of the season #pompey

@alex_crook: 2nd #pompey board meeting to decide future of Barker taking place this morning Im told 5 directors voted to sack and 2 to keep him yesterday

@alex_crook: If Barker goes Andy Awford will replace him until the end of the season #pompey

Oh please let that happen!!....I have pointed out to a pet skate I know that pretty much every club who've had 3 managers in a season have been relegated.

If that information really was leaked to Alex Crook before they've even had the deciding board meeting, then it's just another example of how amateur, how unprofessional and how tinpot that club has become..

Surprised ? Of course not..

Oh please let that happen!!....I have pointed out to a pet skate I know that pretty much every club who've had 3 managers in a season have been relegated.

Given that over 70% of the board don't want him to stay, him not being sacked probably has more entertainment value for us nutjobs IMO

In portsmythmatics 5-2 is a clear stalemate, a draw, the board is split right down the middle - it could go either way, who gets the casting vote?

Or is it that the three members of the Trust are split 2-1 and the other four don't give a sh!t as long as they get a supermarket?

Still not convinced that they have suffered?

To put it into context, look forward to 2019 and imagine West Ham, Aston Villa or Sunderland, one place off relegation to non-league - that would be the bestest decline in world football.

The few might still be smugly claiming the cup, but I 4-1 know that inside, they are sobbing like girls.

Bit harsh to compare those three clubs to the skates, those three are giants compared to the skates, even if they have a reasoned culture where they dont go around wailing 'were the bestest'.

But I get your point, and agree with it to an extent. For me, justice has not been served, im still bitter about inJustice Mann etc falling for Storries footballing experience, £6m player valuation from an administrator inflated to £40m at a whim, jotted down on Peters notebook and handed to the judge as fact. The fact these judges took the word of Storrie, Andronikou, Chinny etc over and above Her Majestys Revenue and Customs is still truly sickening to this day.

So I still have a strong, growling appetite to see them suffer further. If I see the Tesco deal fall through, Fatpipes safety certificate permanently condemed, falling through the FL trapdoor and into non-league football for a decade at least, their sons wearing red & white of SFC, Fatpipes redeveloped by Robinson, :mcinnes: et al as property and the eventual relocation to Moneyfields with a grand opening ceremony of porkeypenny tumbling into a paddling pool to the tune of TCWTB and his merry men.

Then we will have taken another small step to justice.

Bring on the wessex for these inbred skate c*nts

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/holmes-calls-for-crisis-talks-1-5962262

‘Maybe it will take us to sit down today, really drill each other about this and get things right out there in the open.'

‘The manager is doing it and we are all listening to that.'

‘But maybe it will take one of us to get us together and get it sorted.’

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})