Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

'You couldn’t make it up – although someone has!

‘I just glanced at the forum and left. It wasn’t a great post and wasn’t a great spectacle.

‘From there I am on the forum reading all the posts.

‘So just to let Suewhistle know, unfortunately I wasn’t reading the forum.

‘I do know you, so if there’s another hutch in there reading all the posts – it wasn’t me.

‘I also watched Saints the night before draw 0-0 against Stoke in the Premier League.

‘But apparently I had a great weekend away, reading the forum everywhere!’

Edited by hutch

Tranmere Boss insinuates that Cook is a ****head:

"The only thing I’m worried about with Paul Cook being here is that he’s in my office now.

And anyone who knows Paul Cook, my fridge is wide open with beer."

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/mistaken-identity-pompey-boss-didn-t-raid-tranmere-s-fridge-1-7733958

WTF is going on, man?

Tranmere Boss insinuates that Cook is a ****head:

"The only thing I’m worried about with Paul Cook being here is that he’s in my office now.

And anyone who knows Paul Cook, my fridge is wide open with beer."

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/mistaken-identity-pompey-boss-didn-t-raid-tranmere-s-fridge-1-7733958

Sounds like he's running his eye over next seasons opposition.........

James ‏@jmcclaf 2m2 minutes ago

@Official_HUFC have to be the worst team at fratton this season, cheating and conning throughout even worse than #Pompey v stevenage!

Phill Russell ‏@OfficialMrPRuss 3m3 minutes ago

How can you boo them after that? Up against a terrible ref, cheating, time wasting, inspired goal keeping. Lads gave their all #Pompey

Sam Brown ‏@Samalaaarr 3m3 minutes ago

Can't believe people boo'd #Pompey

:lol:

Its the hope that kills them

As a Saints fan, I am totally familiar with that concept......But let's put it into perspective.

The league below them is total obscurity.

They currently reside in a division of obscurity.

Their hopes and dreams at the moment are to reach a division of near obscurity.

So, in their wildest hopes and dreams, they will rise to become..........Saints at their lowest ebb in their history, but without the means to rise any higher.

So the third placed team have an average of 2 points per game and are 7 points ahead. Therefore it is a probability that the Skates need to win their next 7 games on the trot to regain an automatic promotion place. Likelihood of that is far less than Cookie getting the sack in the NY.

But I recall that McInnes said he would "eat his hat" if Cookie failed to gain them promotion. I'm wondering what type of hat McInnes wears... Photoshop as required!

Wow, those pictures show the extent of their insurmountable problem. You've got dilapidated flashings, leaks, peeling paintwork and exposed cables nailed to the wall. All right next to a publicised media PR event. They will never, ever have the wherewithall to resurrect their stadium, it will continue to crumble around them year by year.

It's like taking a step 50 years back in time. No wonder they think they are a still big club.

Comedy Allen's latest mangling of language:

And so Fratton Park has toasted the end to 2016. As a farewell it was disappointingly low key, champagne flutes tossed away in favour of plastic beakers containing tap water. Raised skywards in acknowledgement at the passing of another year, yet hesitant to predict a more yielding 2017.

Trevor Carson was the unwanted guest, goading others by refusing the leave the party as he noisily munched on Scotch eggs.

Read more at: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/pompey-0-hartlepool-0-neil-allen-s-match-report-1-7738692

And so Fratton Park has toasted the end to 2016. As a farewell it was disappointingly low key, champagne flutes tossed away in favour of plastic beakers containing tap water. Raised skywards in acknowledgement at the passing of another year, yet hesitant to predict a more yielding 2017.

Trevor Carson was the unwanted guest, goading others by refusing the leave the party as he noisily munched on Scotch eggs.

Read more at: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/pompey-0-hartlepool-0-neil-allen-s-match-report-1-7738692

More comedy gold from the hapless bard of the septic isle :mcinnes:

I swear Allen is the biggest nutjob of them all, trolling the **** out of Pompey with his ridiculously written articles.

I swear Allen is the biggest nutjob of them all, trolling the **** out of Pompey with his ridiculously written articles.

Indeed.

We’ve been here before, of course, the Fratton fear factor which intimidated the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool and Everton during those Premier League years no longer exists.

So, one minute Fratton is a fortress that makes other teams up their game and the next minute no-one fears Fratton so up their game...

The genuinely think the likes of Man Utd were intimidated by Fratton Park. Wow!
to be fair, they were rattled by Fratton Prk, the way the ground was set up with the fans right at you is intimidating, the same was when e had the Dell before the seating came in

to be fair, they were rattled by Fratton Prk, the way the ground was set up with the fans right at you is intimidating, the same was when e had the Dell before the seating came in

They didn't enjoy playing at both because they were **** but I expect they were more irritating than intimidating. Man Utd players face cup finals wherever they go, they are used to the most hostile atmospheres in Europe, I doubt they felt intimidated by a fat bloke with a bell and his gay drummer side-kick.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})