Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Talbot said: ‘Hopefully things click sooner rather than later because I reckon we are capable of going unbeaten from now until the end of the season, if everything goes well.

I've been lurking on this thread for a long time, but couldn't resist this gem. It's right up there with "I bought a lottery ticket today, I reckon I could win the jackpot if I picked all the right numbers"

Plymouth still 11 points clear of them.

Let's be honest, we all know they'll **** it up again. It's just what they do under Cook the Clown.

Oh ye of little faith! This is clearly the start of their unbeaten run between now and the end of the season, especially since they don't have any more cup distractions to worry about. Cook will be a hero again by Christmas.

Plymouth still 11 points clear of them.

Let's be honest, we all know they'll **** it up again. It's just what they do under Cook the Clown.

In his pre-match interview today he continually praised the Mansfield manager, Saying what a great job Paul Murray had done and that Paul had them playing really well

and Paul was a great coach.

Solent were at pains to report that Mansfield's managers name is Adam. :mcinnes:

The problem with Portsmouth online is that there are so many er... special people on there that it's difficult to pick up if and when sardonic humour raises its head.. So what do we make of the comment regarding the potential 'takeover':

I heard it's scums owners, they want a successful club [/Quote]?

Suggestion on Twitter that they still managed to boo the team today. For supporters that never ever boo the team no matter what they seem to do a lot of it.

Even the Sky Soccer Saturday Reporter mentioned the booing. And when they were leading.

It's been alleged that their award-winning CeO lost it with an old man at the Mansfield game and shouted abuse at him.

It seems that the local paper doesn't want to touch this story, thus cementing their position as the official PR partner of the club.

+

pompey fans booed their own team when they were leading at home against nine men - a move criticised by the local paper - thus cementing their position as the official PR partner of the club.

#normalweek

Looking at their stadium, I'd say 'progress', 'modernisation' and 'change' aren't words that are used that frequently.

But they are the bestest, biggest and most well supported club in the football league they don't need to change.

The Luton manager has said he will ay the fine personally.

What's the chances of the Scouse Co ck missing a few fry-ups?

The fine is to be deducted from any prize money / participation fee owed by the league to the club's, clever move as they don't need to chase them for payment and it'll probably mean that the Skates made a loss hosting games and competing in this competition.

Saints on the other hand played several kids from u18 side and thrashed Crawley 4-0 a club just a few points below Pompey in the league.

It's ok, don't panic. They've signed a striker from Hampton & Richmond who is coming in January to fire them to the top of the league and on to world domination.

So they've ended their interest in Riquelme...

...for this hair...

Jamal_Lowe_Hampton_%26_Richmond_Borough.jpeg

That's Trumpesque.

Jay Simister ‏@JaySimister 6h6 hours ago Portsmouth, England

Serious question Notts county in talks with the owner or New York Yankee's ! Why would they overlook #Pompey?

They're definitely not jealous at all.

lol :lol:

Having been there in the last 12 months I can confirm that Notts County's ground is well-maintained and not at all dated, has good, clean, modern corporate facilities and offices on site and has been reasonably recently developed. They're also one of the oldest professional clubs in the world, and gave their colours to the world-renown Juventus, which makes them pretty historically significant. About the only similarities are the League Two status, and that they're also the second-biggest club in their immediate vicinity by some distance (though being the worst within 300 yards is worse than 30 miles, apparently Gosport are having a takeover soon, so who knows?).

I have also assumed they own their own training ground. This wouldn't even be the first high-profile Notts County takeover either, remember when they appointed Sven? :D

So Portsmouth played a weakened side? As they seem to have a large squad for the division and play people fairly randomly it seems difficult to tell.

Ignoring the (all too) obvious joke, the regulations are very clear that you must play at least 5 players from the previous League match.

My favourite bit about this is that Luton also played 3 weakened teams according to the regulations, were fined £15k, and because they're smart about it, will be paying it off with the £20k they got from getting through to the next round nevertheless, along with banking £5k in prize money to boot.

FWIW it looks pretty clear from the early going that Plymouth are winning L2, Carlisle will go up with them, and with a 5 point gap already open, Doncaster, Luton and the Skates will be fighting it out for one final promotion place with the other two probably having the opportunity to play each other at Wembley in May. So there's about 33% chance they'll get automatic promotion, a 75% chance they'll make the play-off final and about a 50/50 in that.

So that's about a 1/3 chance of automatic, or if they miss out on that a 1/3 chance of play-off promotion. Ish.

Still, long way to go, someone (including them) could yet fall to bits, and Newport, who've been bottom for the entire season and still are, are now only 6 points off 10th place. :D

Ignoring the (all too) obvious joke,

Oh go on, I set 'em up and you can knock 'em in. But as you point out, it's an expensive way of not going through in the cup. They could have played the 5 players (not difficult, I imagine) and then just played badly. Nobody would have been any the wiser...

Classic ignorance...enter a competition then decide to play by your own rules rather than the rules everyone else abides by....then bleat when fined even when you've been dumped out of the competition because you're not good enough!

So very, very tin pot - keeps this thread alive and laughing! :-0

That'll make them popular with the FA. Great tactic by the buffoons running the club.

*EFL not FA.

Can't wait for that hearing... I'd pee a bit if they got fined more, but I suspect it'll last about 5 seconds with the appeals panel saying something like "do you have any grounds for appeal?" and them umming and ahhing before the appeal is dismissed with some snark from the chairman of the panel about wasting their time.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})