Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Has anyone please, please got a link to that Skate fan chasing Storrie? I want to make it into a gif....

The clip of Storrie being face to face with him as he got out of his car is probably better, Storrie all but handed him off despite the security being there. I doubt they'll show it again, the fan was on some dodgy legal ground with certain claims.

The clip of Storrie being face to face with him as he got out of his car is probably better, Storrie all but handed him off despite the security being there. I doubt they'll show it again, the fan was on some dodgy legal ground with certain claims.

Someone, somewhere must have it! Brilliant stuff!

They can, but will have to sit out the rest of the season as they won't be able to play for their new clubs. Doubt any player is going to agree to that.

Their most saleable assets are James and Belhadj, neither of whom will be wanting to sit out the run up to the World Cup.

The fact that James didn't go in January suggests that no-one has come in for him. His contract expires in June (now he's cunningly waived the right to another year's contract which would have been invoked automatically from the number of games he's played - more like a prison sentence that...) so he's actually got no value anyway.

Their most saleable assets are James and Belhadj, neither of whom will be wanting to sit out the run up to the World Cup.

The fact that James didn't go in January suggests that no-one has come in for him. His contract expires in June (now he's cunningly waived the right to another year's contract which would have been invoked automatically from the number of games he's played - more like a prison sentence that...) so he's actually got no value anyway.

I posted yesterday if Cech is injured longterm Chelsea might want him and then pay a decent loan fee.

I really really thought, that the HMRC had a trick up their sleeve.

I had thought this as well, but all they have done is use the fear of what they have done to Pompey then to chase money from the likes of Bournemouth, who dont have the parachute money of the PL to protect them.

This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

I'm talking about this thread obviously.

Indeed, the next 3-6 months are going to be very very interesting. I hope there's now a full forensic investigation of the accounts to see if there's any fallout from the company trading insolvently. There ought to be, administration and -9 should not be the only punishment.

Just ran it again - and the interview with the fan including the 'bonuses from Gaydamack for keeping his mouth shut' comment. Not sure if my ageing ears deceived me but I could have sworn Storrieteller told laughing boy that 'I own the club' as he pushed past

Well, new billionaire owner, premiership ground and training facilities, good youth academy, great pedigree of manager, future is safe, massive fan base, 22k turned up for a friendly and no fat drug addicks looking to take more money out of an already financially f*cked club.

So ok, hope you enjoyed your brief stint in the prem mind, glass houses and all that.

Ok, line by line:

"new billionaire owner" who appears to be spending er, not much. No point having a billionaire if he's only bought you as an 'investment'.

"premiership ground and training facilities". You can't call it a premiership ground- you're not IN the premiership. In fact your so called Premiership ground is the very reason you're no longer in the premiership. It's a white elephant.

"good youth academy" Yep, give you that one. All that class that was unleashed onto the Championship last season really showed just how good your 'famed' academy really is.

"great pedigree of manager" Ok, starting to get more desperate now. A great pedigree of manager who has been bombed out of the last three clubs he was managing.

"future is safe" How do you know that? The Cranemeister could have his families finest rolling down towards St Mary's now to knock it down! No-one knows if there club is "safe", whoever they support.

"massive fan base, 22k turned up for a friendly" What massive fanbase? Of that 22k, 8k were freebies: "Many of the tickets "sold" were given out as freebies either with ST's or to schools." That brings it down to 14k. 14k at what, £10-15 a ticket, for a game against Ajax. Not quite Man U numbers are they?

"no fat drug addicks looking to take more money out of an already financially f*cked club." Yeah, like you've been through our books and know it all....

"So ok, hope you enjoyed your brief stint in the prem mind, glass houses and all that." Don't worry, we'll be in the top flight for a long, long time yet...

Lol, nice work PFC123, clearly we all saw the inevitable on the horizon all that time ago and you and the pompey cronies had their heads in the ground.

any of you music lovers know any good song titles to phone Quay radio and request them played.

Crying , might be good down down ???by Quo?

Is there, by any chance, a song called

'F*ck off and Die Painfully you cheating skate B*strds'?

If there is, then perhaps we could request that to be played.

when Storrie got out of his car and was asked if he would resign, did his say I own the club?

I think he said "I owe this club".

I think it was "I own this club, don't I."

It sounded sarcastic, as in it's the owner's fault that all this has happened and I'm not the owner.

It's difficult to say though with the c*ckernee, wideboy drawl.

I really really thought, that the HMRC had a trick up their sleeve. This is really a dark day for football, it's a green light for all clubs to run up un-sustainable debts, then clear them with the courts blessing. POOR SMOUTH, you shame all well intentioned football fans.

So did I.

Administration should ensure that the winding-up order is suspended, but on Tuesday night HMRC refused to comment on their position. Lawyers for the revenue are understood to be examining the small print of Portsmouth's statement and will not finalise its position until Friday.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})