Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I think there are good grounds to win on the maniplulation CVA vote

I think there are good grounds to win on the fact that football creditors should not have been able to vote as they were secured creditors

I do not believe the football creditors rule will be decided today

We only need to win on one point to prevent the CVA.

But are they secured creditors? Only secured by using the PL parachute money, which HMRC are arguing is the clubs money but with in effect a restrictive covenant. The football creditors rule has no legal standing , its just that a 'rule' for a members club, hence HMRC stance on the case, I think that they will be allowed a vote , however that the money from the parachure payments if included in the CVA should go to all creditors as is the law.

Remember the judge deals with the LAW not members club RULES. I see only one winable argument today thats the voting and change in the figures between the proposal sent out and the actual CVA voted on.. I think the CVA will be rejected and they'll remain in ADMIN, however the judge may appoint an admin of his own due to AA's poor record

"Hello and welcome to The News' live coverage of day one in the High Court. I'm based at Hilsea towers and our reporters Chris Owen and David Hurley are at the High Court. They will be providing live updates.

I'll point out that Chris and David cannot see this screen, so will be unable to answer any of your questions.

But we hope that the information in court will be comprehensive enough to answer anything you'll need to know......"

Fire away with the questions guys.......

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/custompages/custompage.aspx?pageid=82690

like many on here I need to go out and do some work now, I'm not expecting any serious activity today though I guess we might be treated to Sir George going mental at 10.30 when AA doesn't appear, I'll catch up later.

Last time this happened I had to plough through about seven pages - which for those simpletons who need a polite reminder, is what we do before posting links to 'breaking' stories that have been discussed at length for three days.

Here's to a good day for football and the ordinary taxpayer.

I think the issue with the football creditors is this,

Should someone who is guaranteed, by whatever means, to receive 100% of what is owed be allowed to vote on whether the remainder of creditors are prepared to accept 20% of their due. That cannot possibly be seen as fair.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/custompages/custompage.aspx?pageid=82690

The news wrote:

Chris: Hello from London.

Pompey chief executive David Lampitt has arrived at the High Court in

London for today's crunch clash between the club and the inland revenue.

As he passed waiting reporters he said he was feeling 'nervous' about the hearing.

David: The court hearing is scheduled to start at 10.30 and could last for two days.

10:54 Matthew: We're still waiting for the case to start. David and Chris will update when it does.
Edited by tony13579

Some of the comments of the live 'broadcast' from the skates are really quite deluded.imo.

Is that really David James sending his luck.

It is pure theatre...mostly of the vaudeville freak show variety. I am wondering whether to start winding them up though with a "come on HMRC" post.

bbc_matt on twitter posted:

Alberto #Contador has just signed 4 Riis Cycling, apparently. Not a massive supprise.

My reply:

@bbc_matt shoulnt you be in court with a red and white scarf and pants not tweeting the news?

He must have gone in now cause I dont have a reply. lol

"This is a vendetta by the English Establishment against Portsmouth FC and the city for daring to stick out and be radical and different. We must win or it's a case of 'Street Fighting Man' ! Play UP Pompey !"

Tell me this is one of you being ironic....???

Alberto #Contador has just signed 4 Riis Cycling, apparently. Not a massive supprise.

I think it's incredible news, considering that Riis has coached the Schleck brothers since they were beginners in the old CSC squad it is remarkable that as soon as his prodigy leaves he intends to be director to his greatest rival!

On more funny matters, the court case has apparently not started yet. Lots of people think an adjournment is on the cards.

"Case 2452. Stolen Car"

"ADJOURNED"

"Case 2453. Drug Deali-"

"ADJOURNED"

"Case 2454. Pompe-"

"WHAT THE F**K DON'T YOU GET IT!!! ADJOURNED"

This one`s a classic :- Comment From richard richard : ] This is a vendetta by the English Establishment against Portsmouth FC and the city for daring to stick out and be radical and different. We must win or it's a case of 'Street Fighting Man' ! Play UP Pompey !

Has a personality disorder Richard Richard lol.......wasnt one of Rick Mayalls numpties called Richie Rich?

portsmouth news wrote

Chris: The hearing started briefly but was immediately adjourned for the judge, Mr Justice Mann, to read extra papers submitted by the inland revenue.

Before the hearing started there were no Pompey fans outside the court.

My reply:

@bbc_matt shoulnt you be in court with a red and white scarf and pants not tweeting the news?

He must have gone in now cause I dont have a reply. lol

I had a reply from him:

bbc_matt I might go tomorrow (theres a good chance it will spill over) then posts a link to a blog by someone.

Nothin in there that we dont know already but there is a bit from some finacial expert that thinks all is not clear cut and pompy are in serious poop.

Probably already posted while I type this but the live feed says case is adjourned for the judge to read extra papers submitted by the tax man.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})