Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

whatever occurs in court they could be heading for a small squad, not as small as they are making out because we all know they have more players registered than the little website con, and they have bent the rules to bring in fresh blood and new wages - but their relatively small squad could also include several overpaid Storrie Specials that they cant shift.

One or two of these are likely to be pretty miffed not to have escaped and will be as useful as AA at a maths test.

Botaeng could be in jail, Utaka never tries anyway and all they will be left with is their own Rasiak and Saga scenario - no use to the team and on HUGE wages.

In years to come Pompey could be held up as an example of the worst run football club in history.

"these kids are not ready" ...now where have I heard that before?

Well I would say tough ****e on them, in our last season under RL , we were forced to play "youngsters" loan out our top earners due to the wages and employ a dutch clown on £5k a month. At least Pootaloo and Wotte didn't winge about the situation but worked with what they had , no matter how bad it was, I personally can't see SC staying at Poompy for the season... I'm sure a decent offer will come along on the managerial merry go round prior to Christmas and the January transfer window..I wish they would stop bleating how hard done by they are and get on with it..

Well, I heard Comical Andy on Solent yesterday in the lead up to the local matches. If he loses the appeal he said they would stay in administration and try and make it through the season, presumably hoping some funding or buyer would magically appear. If this is plan A don't know if he has a plan B because plan A is going to run out of money pdq and no one is going to take that mess on. Their entire future (or lack thereof) would probably depend on what action Chan the Man decides to then take, with liquidation seeming the most likely.

Getting back to the Solent interview, it is seriously difficult to listen to AA and even more difficult to follow the thread of what he is saying. He constantly repeats himself twice over, sometimes three times and his words all merge together so he sounds a bit like the Swedish chef in the muppets (how appropriate). No surprise at all his counsel has sent him out of the country for the trial period, although His Honour may not exactly concur with this when he has questions to be answered...

Questions - does anyone know when the £16m of parachute money is due to be paid this season? And how much will the few actually get this season?

I'm just concerned that plan A is to use that money and that they might just get enough to keep them going.

Questions - does anyone know when the £16m of parachute money is due to be paid this season? And how much will the few actually get this season?

I'm just concerned that plan A is to use that money and that they might just get enough to keep them going.

All the parachute money in the first year is going straight to the football creditors.

Well I would say tough ****e on them, in our last season under RL , we were forced to play "youngsters" loan out our top earners due to the wages and employ a dutch clown on £5k a month. At least Pootaloo and Wotte didn't winge about the situation but worked with what they had , no matter how bad it was,

Are Yes!,,,,,,,,Happy Days.

android is on record (not that, that means much) saying the 6 million piunds to fund admin is not coming from Chanarai. The most obvious benefactor would be the premier league who might have advanced them 6 million of the first installment.

Regardless each installment will be paid directly to the football creditors and secured creditors, so pompey wont even get the even sniff of hard cash until 4 years time

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/squad/first-team.aspx

that is currently their available first team squad, they don't even have a GK atm...ashdown still hasn't signed a contract. Crazy times.

and you can be sure that the likes of Utaka and Boateng (esp. with his world cup) won't be there for too much longer....and without the ability to replace an already depleted squad, surely relegation is a certainty?

Ashdown will sign, im sure.....in fact while the squad is v.small the below aint a bad CCC line up.....??

Asdown

Sonko, Hermann, Wilson, Ben Haim

Mullins, Hughes, Brown, Boateng

Nugent, Utaka (or Smith)

Ashdown will sign, im sure.....in fact while the squad is v.small the below aint a bad CCC line up.....??

Asdown

Nugent, Utaka (or Smith)

Its not all dooooooooooom and glooooooooooom down our end of the ally,,,, Gave a full strength Fooolem side a good workout yesterday.

Asdown

Nugent, Utaka (or Smith)

Only problem is, three of those players needs to go.... So all speculations aside, those 11 are never going to play together.

All the parachute money in the first year is going straight to the football creditors.

HMRC have served a writ on PL and FL preventing them paying the football creditors 100%. Puts PL,FL and AA in a dillema.

Edited by tony13579

Asdown

Nugent, Utaka (or Smith)

Ashdown is yet to sign.

Herman and Wilson out until October.

Boateng, Nugent and Utaka up for sale and Ben Haim looking for a new club as he had a relegation clause in his contract

Ashdown is yet to sign.

Herman and Wilson out until October.

Boateng, Nugent and Utaka up for sale and Ben Haim looking for a new club as he had a relegation clause in his contract

Wilson is fit (I think he scored the winner yesterday?) It's Webber that's out for til October with Herman

Slight change of tack here, but some thoughts required from those ITK. Following my spectacularly successful cleanout of BetFred last season when I took them out on a bet of Portsmouth, Hull & Burnley being relegated from the Prem I was thinking of including the Skates in another prediction for relegation. However, I am slightly hesitant to include them because - 1) they may not start the season and 2) if they do, will they finish it thus possibly voiding my shillings worth.

What's the word on the street, guys ?

Slight change of tack here, but some thoughts required from those ITK. Following my spectacularly successful cleanout of BetFred last season when I took them out on a bet of Portsmouth, Hull & Burnley being relegated from the Prem I was thinking of including the Skates in another prediction for relegation. However, I am slightly hesitant to include them because - 1) they may not start the season and 2) if they do, will they finish it thus possibly voiding my shillings worth.

What's the word on the street, guys ?

Wait till after Tuesday would be the first thing to suggest I think.

so the few that made the effort yesterday either saw the last ever Pompey game, or the last ever superstar* lineup playing together.

An historic occasion either way, though in years to come I bet there will be about 8,000 people claiming they were all there!

The game at Coventry using a real side rather than the partially-borrowed one out against mighty Fulham will be a real test of what the future holds, if they survive Tuesday.

Unlikely they will go pop by midweek so I reckon they might be looking at an opening day plucky noble defeat accompanied by hilarious propaganda from Cotterill in which he will defend his brave players, bemoan lack of preparation, talk of new faces, a long season, being up for the battle, be confused by the financial state, and generally make himself look a predictable version of Grant, Hart, Redknapp and Adams, who like all previous 'owners' failed to do due diligence on the club before taking the cash.

He took the job, it hasn't changed, no reason to complain.

*artistic licence used for dramatic effect

PompeyScot is at it again

''Pompey offer contracts to Ashdown and Jordan - Today, 05:13 PM

According to SSN.

Now, leaving aside what you think about this, that doesn't smack to me of the sign of a club which thinks it's going out of business this week.''

i'm sure they've been made aware already of HMRC's views and the likely outcome from the judge, yep. I remeber we said the same sort of things when we were signing Ryan Smith / Cork on loan etc ''a club about to go into admin wouldn't be doing that...''.

From the Independant Article:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/pompey-braced-for-showdown-with-taxman-2040763.html

"And if they thought things couldn't get much worse, Pompey are in danger of losing their shirt sponsor, Jobsite, who allowed their name to be used yesterday since the fixture doubled up as a testimonial for Linvoy Primus but who have made no decision about the new season."

I can't understand why this would be? The Skates are clearly now the sporting equivalent of a brand sponsoring the new Gary Glitter tour.

Edited by St Chalet

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/pompey-braced-for-showdown-with-taxman-2040763.html

"And if they thought things couldn't get much worse, Pompey are in danger of losing their shirt sponsor, Jobsite, who allowed their name to be used yesterday since the fixture doubled up as a testimonial for Linvoy Primus but who have made no decision about the new season."

I can't understand why this would be? The Skates are clearly now the sporting equivalent of a brand sponsoring the new Gary Glitter tour.

Did read on the news comments about the fact their fans could not get a new season shirt and wonder if this might be why?

Well I would say tough ****e on them, in our last season under RL , we were forced to play "youngsters" loan out our top earners due to the wages and employ a dutch clown on £5k a month. At least Pootaloo and Wotte didn't winge about the situation but worked with what they had , no matter how bad it was, I personally can't see SC staying at Poompy for the season... I'm sure a decent offer will come along on the managerial merry go round prior to Christmas and the January transfer window..I wish they would stop bleating how hard done by they are and get on with it..

Correction. We were NOT forced to play youngsters. We could have played a mixture of youngsters and experienced players, but Lowe had probably harboured a desire to experiment with a team comprising almost all youngsters and Portvliet and Wotte were the two who he considered capable of having a good stab at making it work. Agreed that we had to get shot of one or two high earners whose wages we could not afford, but Pearson had a decent blend of age and experience and IMO could have pulled off our survival in the Championship had Lowe let him continue. The Skates have a few oldies in their squad, but with the transfer embargo in place, feel that having to play the kids is unfair on them, as they have been used to having several International standard players in their squad. From that point of view, I agree with you that they should live within their means for once and stop belly-aching about their position which was inevitably caused by their own profligacy.

If I was the judge sitting on this case on Tuesday, given that AA pushed for an early hearing, and was then told that he preferred to be on holiday, rather than answer the questions, that HMRC are bound to ask of him, then I would be one fairly p1ssed of judge. Seems like the preverbial two fingers has just been raised at the judicial system by Poopey, one professional body to many I hope!

By their repeated sticking up of two fingers it almost appears that AA and co. want liquidation, but it to occur in such a way (i.e. CVA being rejected in court) that they can blame the big bad HMRC.

CHEATING, LYING BASTARDS.

I would have thought Poopey would be the perfect team for Jobsite to advertise at

The question is :

what do people want to happen to them...

Do you want them to go bust or would you miss the rivalry and the chance of beating them easily again in the future?

Or would you just like to see them get a points deduction and suffer all season looooooooooooong?

2nd one for me , so we can then laugh in their faces.

Liquidation followed by rebirth and 20 years to get back to L2.

Correction. We were NOT forced to play youngsters. We could have played a mixture of youngsters and experienced players, but Lowe had probably harboured a desire to experiment with a team comprising almost all youngsters and Portvliet and Wotte were the two who he considered capable of having a good stab at making it work. Agreed that we had to get shot of one or two high earners whose wages we could not afford, but Pearson had a decent blend of age and experience and IMO could have pulled off our survival in the Championship had Lowe let him continue. The Skates have a few oldies in their squad, but with the transfer embargo in place, feel that having to play the kids is unfair on them, as they have been used to having several International standard players in their squad. From that point of view, I agree with you that they should live within their means for once and stop belly-aching about their position which was inevitably caused by their own profligacy.

I'm not sure we can be sure of the reasons for the youth experiment. It was obvious here was no cash, hense the administration over the bank withdrawing there support, i agree that RL thought he knew best in that the kids were capable and had the kids we had available a season or 2 earlier he may have had more of a chance of being right.

But at the end of our bad period we had some chairmen who still thought we could throw what little money we had at the situation to improve it and another who thought no money at all would do it. I don't think any of us really know how much the club needed to or could have gone one way or the other.

With the level of pompys debt I think it is amazing that they seem to think they need to spend any money at all to move forward. You would think there 1st objective would be to stop spending and start selling but they seem to be deluded and like to flick the v's.

Saw interview with Cotterill in Express yesterday - basically going on about the 'kids not being up to it'.

Nice piece of motivational work there Steve - you could be relying on them next week.

Openly discussed shifting out youngsters on loan so they can 'sign some more'.

Christ, it's like catching Chicken Pox down there - he's bloody delusional now. That didn't take long.

'Proud to have started - CHEATING BASTARDS' (about page 90 I think....haha)

Well it is an old argument whether RL had the money to pay NP and a few experienced players, I think the Poompy saga shows money rules over footballing decisions , what I find hard to accept is them bleating on how bad it all is , when in our situation , whether people agreed with RL or not SFC did have some dignity going through their own downfall , we suffered a double blow , relegation and the -10 , yes we appealed but when it was a NO, we got on with it and didn't want the whole farce of people feeling sorry or bemoaning our situation. In some-ways I think that counts for a lot that we can conduct our business in a professional manner rather than the constant circus or bad press days occurring down the M27. They should just get on with it , nothing worse than a regular dose of self-pity from their fans , manager and administrator.

In relation to being forced to play youngsters, that is what RL instilled onto our manager at the time.

Edited by qwertySFC

Saw interview with Cotterill in Express yesterday - basically going on about the 'kids not being up to it'.

Nice piece of motivational work there Steve - you could be relying on them next week.

Openly discussed shifting out youngsters on loan so they can 'sign some more'.

Christ, it's like catching Chicken Pox down there - he's bloody delusional now. That didn't take long.

'Proud to have started - CHEATING BASTARDS' (about page 90 I think....haha)

I think they are being intentionally delusional. Given the elephant in the room of possible oblivion many have chosen to block the whole thing out and continue as if nothing was happening. I suspect many know that they are avoiding the issue but prefer to do so rather than face the problem head on. Even those articles you see talking about the court case detail what might happen if HMRC lose but don't mention what might happen in HMRC win as they obviously consider the result unthinkable so decide not to think about it.

Pompey

Rule Brakin

Cup Stealin

StorrieTellin

Staff Sackin

Jaw Dropin

Side Splittin

Leauge Fallin

Crowd Srinkin

Tax Dodgin

Cash Losin

Non Payin

Ground Crumblin

Toast Burnin

Pompey

Liquidisation- Its the real thing

Edited by tony13579
2 shrinkins

Pompey

Rule Brakin

Cup Stealin

StorrieTellin

Staff Sackin

Jaw Dropin

Side Splittin

Leauge Fallin

Crowd Srinkin

Tax Dodgin

Cash Losin

Non Payin

Ground Crumblin

Toast Burnin

Pompey

Liquidisation- Its the real thing

Oh Yes !!!

ROFL....

Well it is an old argument whether RL had the money to pay NP and a few experienced players, I think the Poompy saga shows money rules over footballing decisions , what I find hard to accept is them bleating on how bad it all is , when in our situation , whether people agreed with RL or not SFC did have some dignity going through their own downfall , we suffered a double blow , relegation and the -10 , yes we appealed but when it was a NO, we got on with it and didn't want the whole farce of people feeling sorry or bemoaning our situation. In some-ways I think that counts for a lot that we can conduct our business in a professional manner rather than the constant circus or bad press days occurring down the M27. They should just get on with it , nothing worse than a regular dose of self-pity from their fans , manager and administrator.

In relation to being forced to play youngsters, that is what RL instilled onto our manager at the time.

I think at the time we all hated how badly things had gone and didnt think things could get any worse.

Its ironic how its our closest rivals are showing us how well we handled a pretty crappy situation and making us look like we had a pretty good chairman in RL considering all that went on.

Who would have thought RL would have been looked at in any kind of kind light 12 months on from our lowest point?

Edited by saintjay77
felt a little sick writing that!

If I was the judge sitting on this case on Tuesday, given that AA pushed for an early hearing, and was then told that he preferred to be on holiday, rather than answer the questions, that HMRC are bound to ask of him, then I would be one fairly p1ssed of judge. Seems like the preverbial two fingers has just been raised at the judicial system by Poopey, one professional body to many I hope!

Very true.

Confirmation here

IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE

CHANCERY DIVISION

COURT 52

Before MR JUSTICE MANN

Tuesday, 3 August 2010

At half past 10

GENERAL LIST

GLC 239/10 Re: Portsmouth City Football Club

Between: Andronikou & ors v HM Revenue & Customs

Confirmation here

CHANCERY DIVISION

COURT 52

Before MR JUSTICE MANN

Tuesday, 3 August 2010

At half past 10

GENERAL LIST

I think Judge John Deed would be a better option :)

Also how can they have "Andronikou & ors v HM Revenue & Customs" when the Android is staying away on holiday?

Confirmation here

CHANCERY DIVISION

COURT 52

Before MR JUSTICE MANN

Tuesday, 3 August 2010

At half past 10

GENERAL LIST

Not UHY Hacker Young... interesting.

The judge will be very disappointed that Mr Andronikou hasn't turned up for a court appearance where he is named!

edit:well done Weston, beat me to it

Edited by Gorgiesaint
too slow

Mr Justice Mann - Frequently seen ruling on high-profile copyright and trademark cases, Mann J has a reputation for being "very bright, but straight to the point". His handling of the Apple Corps v Apple Computers case in May garnered praise, especially the way in which he "cut through all the verbiage and tackled the main points head on". His business-like manner is appreciated by both applicants and defendants alike because "in the commercial world, that's how people operate and clients find it reassuring". One of 5 top judges who have an almost unblemished record on not having judgements overturned at a higher court.

No wonder AA is not apparently going to be there. Business like manner ? Nah.

Mr Justice Mann - Frequently seen ruling on high-profile copyright and trademark cases, Mann J has a reputation for being "very bright, but straight to the point". His handling of the Apple Corps v Apple Computers case in May garnered praise, especially the way in which he "cut through all the verbiage and tackled the main points head on". His business-like manner is appreciated by both applicants and defendants alike because "in the commercial world, that's how people operate and clients find it reassuring". One of 5 top judges who have an almost unblemished record on not having judgements overturned at a higher court.

No wonder AA is not apparently going to be there. Business like manner ? Nah.

Manna from heaven? :lol:

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})