Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Hate to pizz on you pony boys cornflakes, (snooze) trying to sell papers again, The only punters to use that waste ground (car park) on match days are a few rich fat bastards who cant be bothered to walk a few 100 yards, and players , Oh and the sky trucks, But i don't think we will be seeing them again for a while, There are lodes of places to park within a two mile radius of FP so why pay. Its not the football ground thats locked,,,,sorry.

Yet.

Give it another couple of weeks.

the ground may not be locked but it sounds like it has a serious access issue.

Someone might want to check out the maps from a millions pages back and see what the arms dealer owns, it is loads.

He won't be able to stop the use of public footpaths but he is already making it difficult.

Then again that might all be academic by midweek.

the ground may not be locked but it sounds like it has a serious access issue.

Someone might want to check out the maps from a millions pages back and see what the arms dealer owns, it is loads.

He won't be able to stop the use of public footpaths but he is already making it difficult.

Then again that might all be academic by midweek.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1243828/Do-men-control-Portsmouth-want-football-club-superstore.html

Hate to pizz on you pony boys cornflakes, (snooze) trying to sell papers again, The only punters to use that waste ground (car park) on match days are a few rich fat bastards who cant be bothered to walk a few 100 yards, and players , Oh and the sky trucks, But i don't think we will be seeing them again for a while, There are lodes of places to park within a two mile radius of FP so why pay. Its not the football ground thats locked,,,,sorry.

And yet it would also be used for access for / by emergency vehicles.

If the gun runner were to restrict access completely I'm pretty sure the local authorities would say 'no' to a public event being held if there were nowhere for the inbred phew to go in the [very likely] event that FP were to catch fire....

On that note, I wonder how much the dump is insured for, and on what date the fire will happen? My guess is it will be in a couple of months after the club has been liquidated, freeing the site up for a nice shiny new Lidl's :D

If the gun runner were to restrict access completely I'm pretty sure the local authorities would say 'no' to a public event being held if there were nowhere for the inbred phew to go in the [very likely] event that FP were to catch fire....

On that note, I wonder how much the dump is insured for, and on what date the fire will happen? My guess is it will be in a couple of months after the club has been liquidated, freeing the site up for a nice shiny new Lidl's :D

Does rust burn?!

Hasn't Portsmouth City Council recently confirmed that the land can ONLY be used for sport? And, that if the owners want to sell FP for commercial development, they will only be granted planning permission if they reprovide the football ground somewhere else in the city?

I'm sure I heard / read that in the last couple of weeks or so.

Hasn't Portsmouth City Council recently confirmed that the land can ONLY be used for sport? And, that if the owners want to sell FP for commercial development, they will only be granted planning permission if they reprovide the football ground somewhere else in the city?

A little history lesson for the clueless bunch down the road in this article. I quote:

In 1988, Hammam applied for, and was granted, outline planning permission by the London Borough of Merton to move Wimbledon from their Plough Lane ground to a new stadium in the Wandle Valley. But Hammam did not proceed with a planning agreement which required him to make improvements to the area, and the plan died. Plough Lane was subject to a restriction imposed by the council that it should always be used for sport or recreation. In 1990, Hammam bought out this covenant, leaving Plough Lane free for development, reportedly for between £300,000 and £800,000. The following year the club moved to share Selhurst Park with Crystal Palace and have been stuck there, homeless, ever since.

Hammam himself, rather than the club, owned Plough Lane, via his holding company, Rudgwick Limited, which charged Wimbledon rent. Rudgwick, which is registered at the London offices of Kennedys solicitors, is wholly owned by Sam Hammam; he and his brother Nijad are the sole directors. In 1998, he sold Plough Lane to Safeway for a price reported to be £8m – the Rudgwick accounts for that year show a £5m profit on the sale of a property.

I think we can see what blueprint Gaydamak used in his difficult task of making money out of a football club like Pompey.

Which is why your fish fiddling brothers (sorry Dads) sisters (sorry Mums) etc have got a collective hair across their ar55es about it.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Gaydamak-seizes-back-Pompey-car.6448524.jp

One bonfire, smouldering but looking to ignite on the 3rd.

I like comment 17 "Where are the Gypsys and their caravans when u need them? LOL" by jagermiester. Why dont they know!! pmsl :D

Yes there is a restriction in the covenant in the title to the ground stating the land should only be used for recreational purpose but as GM shoes below, it's not that difficult to overcome.

Just consider:

1) If Pompey are liquidated, they are providing a ground elsewhere for what? PFC won't exist so any parks pitch will do for its replacement

2) If the council are that reticent to release the restriction, then consider what a few years with rusting, decaying s**thole of a stadium is like - and then consider it after a few years with no-one actually playing there. The council will soon change their mind - a manilla envelope with cash always seals the deal!

portsmouth news bans news commenters

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/39We-need-seven-new-players39.6449812.jp

see the comments Holbrook,

presumably and hopefully 31/07/2010 09:04:07

mokoena staying that is

so 2 geeks coming well greeks could be?

and borre and rocha back would be special

derbyshire i wonder if that could happen?

Report Unsuitable9

Mattyc,

31/07/2010 09:07:13

Holbrook, are you Drayton in disguise?Report Unsuitable10

Holbrook,

Matty 31/07/2010 09:17:47

coded answer, but appeal wins, am not a one hit wonder, a 2 hittter!

drayton and about 9 other addresses was blocked so far, 3 in the last week it seems

could this be the person responsible for excesivly deleating posts???

I believe the site is designated for 'open air leisure' unless the planning dept agree to an alternative - such as a supermarket, some flats, a new playing field elsewhere and some social housing donated to the city, not as a sweetener but as a generous act as part of the development....

I suspect there is little to prevent the change of use and loss of the football ground.

I believe the site is designated for 'open air leisure' unless the planning dept agree to an alternative - such as a supermarket, some flats, a new playing field elsewhere and some social housing donated to the city, not as a sweetener but as a generous act as part of the development....

I suspect there is little to prevent the change of use and loss of the football ground.

Well, sad muppet that I am, I've just googled and found this:

http://www.portsmouth.gov.uk/media/Fratton_Goods_Yard_Part_1.pdf

It states quite clearly in this document that, should the club (and I use the term loosely :D) relocate, retail premises will not be allowed on the site. I'll carry on looking to see if I can find anything more recent as this document is 12 years old.

Well, sad muppet that I am, I've just googled and found this:

http://www.portsmouth.gov.uk/media/Fratton_Goods_Yard_Part_1.pdf

It states quite clearly in this document that, should the club (and I use the term loosely :D) relocate, retail premises will not be allowed on the site. I'll carry on looking to see if I can find anything more recent as this document is 12 years old.

If there was no football club in existance then the planners will not leave the area forever hoping a football club appears.No amateur team would be able to service a stadium that size.

Can't they build an ice rink/gym/5-a-side/leisure centre there instead?
If you ever care to drive around Pompey and look at their citizens you would immediately see that anything to do with exercise is not likely to be cost effective. If you sited rows of chocolate vending machines, burger vans and lavender venders you may have a chance

If there was no football club in existance then the planners will not leave the area forever hoping a football club appears.No amateur team would be able to service a stadium that size.

No - the implication of that document is that sports and leisure facilities would have to be provided on FP instead. It expressly stated that retail units would threaten the existing retail outlets in the area.

Leisure is a broad term. It could encompass, for example, pubs, restaurants, a sports centre etc. etc. The important point is that the sale of the land with such restrictions in place would impact on its development value.

If you ever care to drive around Pompey and look at their citizens you would immediately see that anything to do with exercise is not likely to be cost effective. If you sited rows of chocolate vending machines, burger vans and lavender venders you may have a chance

Don't forget those old, hung on the wall, fag machines as well!

The Linvoy Primus Community Stand LMFAO. 10 Years smelling of fish and you get a stand named after you!

Is that its official title? Sounds about right.

---

Probably end up the Linvoy Primus Cheese and Dairy aisle anyway.

"There is a general issue against the football creditors' rule but I find it interesting and surprising that there has been no challenge of Crystal Palace on this."

Obviously not very good with figures then AA as even we know that the figures at Palace did not make appealing feasible (i.e. if football creditors removed HMRC still had less than 25%).

Andronikou disputes the calculations and pointed out that the total claim was around £14 million as recently as February.

Despite including the higher HMRC claim in his CVA document.

"How the closure of a football club is in the best interests of taxpayers or the creditors is difficult to understand," said Andronikou. "It seems HMRC would rather lose £6 million and let the club die to make their point. There is someone, somewhere along the line, who has lost all perspective."

How dare they actually try and enforce the rule of law I think is what he means.

Edited by pedg

we were miffed when the said (done Deal) for 11mill to fool em, was trumped by the massive 9mill to the yids, The Freak was givein it large that when he found out Baggy was interested, He only wanted to play for him:rolleyes:

We put it down to Porky, Pie, getting an 'arry Bag,

can someone translate please ? :?

"We were slightly disappointed when the apparent completed transaction to Fulham FC was rejected in favour of a smaller bid from tottenham hotspurs. When the tall footballer in question found out Mr Redknapp esquire was interested in employing his services he informed aquantances of his desire to once again ply his sporting trade under Mr Redknapps direction. We however are of the opinion that Mr Storrie, ex of this parish, was in receipt of a currency containing manilla envelope that influences his decision"

or something like that..

Thats fekin word for word wot i said in-it!

I know I’m a day late here, been away so just playing catch up, but had to comment on this as it’s blooming hilarious!

Edited by Spudders

Andronikou disputes the calculations and pointed out that the total claim was around £14 million as recently as February. "If Portsmouth are being held to account for image rights, I would hate to imagine what would happen if this was applied to Manchester United, Chelsea or Arsenal," said Andronikou. "There is no way the club has paid out enough money to have created this liability.

Priceless - of course you haven't actually paid, and that's the point!!! :lol:

Andronikou disputes the calculations and pointed out that the total claim was around £14 million as recently as February. "If Portsmouth are being held to account for image rights, I would hate to imagine what would happen if this was applied to Manchester United, Chelsea or Arsenal," said Andronikou. "There is no way the club has paid out enough money to have created this liability.

Priceless - of course you haven't actually paid, and that's the point!!! :lol:

I think he means the club hasn't paid the £45 million in image rights to the players that would bring about a £13 million tax bill on it.

The Linvoy Primus Community Stand LMFAO. 10 Years smelling of fish and you get a stand named after you!

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/An-Emotional-Day-1187.aspx

They did manage to scrape 6,685 in today against Premiership opposition. The Bestest Fans in the World!

I know he's a skate, but Linvoy is a good man. Probably the least he deserves, a 'proper' footballer.

"There is a general issue against the football creditors' rule but I find it interesting and surprising that there has been no challenge of Crystal Palace on this."

Probably because the new owners at Palace are paying the footb all creditors form their own money, whereas AA is diverting the parachute monies for this purpose. The scenarios are completely different. The Palace scenario is the same as Wimbledon, which HMRC lost. The Skates are the first club with Parachute Payments to be in this position. Although I've been drinking so it could all be b0ll0cks.

Not at all Loved him, Crouchy always gave 100% for us In fact i cant understand why that slimy greasy **** we have for an England manager never played him in the world cup.

It's easy to understand: the football genius Heskey kept him out.

Anyway, back on topic......

CHEATING, LYING BASTARDS.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Fans-explore-Pompey-buy-out.6450604.jp

Fans explore Pompey buy The Portsmouth Supporters' Trust are intested in a fans buy out of the club.

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »

Published Date:

31 July 2010

By Neil Allen

Pompey fans are considering an attempt to buy the club from Balram Chainrai.

The Portsmouth Supporters' Trust are heading a group exploring the possibility of staging a community buy out.

The proposition is still in its early stages, but key figures this afternoon met for discussions at Fratton Park ahead of Linvoy Primus' testimonial.

The two-hour meeting was attended by three members of the Trust – Brendon Bone, Ashley Brown and Scott McLachlan - along with Pompey head of operations Lucius Peart and Portsmouth city council leader Gerald Vernon-Jackson.

David Lampitt was scheduled to be present only to be kept away by traffic on the A3.

Also attending were Blues fans Mike Hall, Colin Farmery and Neil Oakshott.

Talks centred on the group buying the club for the community with help from the Trust, the council and business people.

The project is still in its early stages, with further discussions over its viability planned soon

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/190446/Premier-League-clubs-could-face-High-Court-over-bankruptcy-rules

The case against the Premier League was not due to be heard until November but it could be brought forward depending on the outcome of the taxman’s legal challenge to the Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) put together as part of the administration of Portsmouth FC on Tuesday.

''The taxman claims to be owed £37m, enough to block the CVA and thwart the club's attempts to escape administration. Pompey say the figure should be £24m. The disparity involves the payment of image rights to the club's foreign players but the administrator, Andrew Andronikou, is so confident of success that he is not cutting short his holiday in Cyprus to attend, allowing his lawyers to do their stuff'''

Interesting then, that Northern Cyprus has no formal extradition treaty with the UK. Convenient place to be if the balloon goes up. Just an observation you understand, nothing suggested or implied.

that sounds like a good plan to buy the club for the community, presumably they now just need to raise the £200M to clear debt and move forward.

That's a lot of sponsored walks and jumble sales - though it's good to have a dream.

And when they say AA is staying on holiday and leaving his lawyers to it, that must have been at the lawyers' request - the last thing they need is AA in front of a court making the type of statements he offers in the press.

A shrewd move, as long as Storrie and Azougy don't turn up to 'help'.

Though I'm not sure what the court will make of his non-appearance, wouldn't they like to question him personally on some points?

Though I'm not sure what the court will make of his non-appearance, wouldn't they like to question him personally on some points?

You would have though, especially as he deliberately avoided stating on the record at the CVA meeting why he was excluding the HMRC claim.

Um... Why consider buying the club from Chairai?

The club is in administration and the owner* has no authority to accept or decline any offer made. Unless of course the administration was some sort of sham, but obviously that wouldn't the the case here.

*however you define "owner" given that I think he has a lien rather than directly owning the shares, happy to be corrected.

Edited by Clapham Saint

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})