Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I do hope the FL have more balls. PS HR and MM must be celebrating, they know that the HMRC missed on open goal from a foot out, and the judiciary don't care either.

No wonder the worlds mega rich who may be looking for tax dodges are queueing up to come here

Sorry your disappointed lads! Seems your "experts" were no better than ours!

I think many fell into the trap that they felt they were dealing with a normal business and not football. The law don't want to liquidate a community club, and the owners seem to know it.

For many Pompey fans im happy, but in the main I detest that you have had glory times and trophies on the back of all taxpayers. Don't tell me British justice is the envy of the world Lol

I think many fell into the trap that they felt they were dealing with a normal business and not football. The law don't want to liquidate a community club, and the owners seem to know it.For many Pompey fans im happy, but in the main I detest that you have had glory times and trophies on the back of all taxpayers. Don't tell me British justice is the envy of the world Lol

So the message has been sent - football clubs can get away with trading when insolvent.

Nice...

I would actually hope that most Pompey fans will also see that this is the wrong decission. If they have any decency within them, they must be able to see that what has happened today is nothing short of an injustice. From one administration (only 10 years ago..?) to over 130 million pounds of debt today, nationally recognised by thier fellow professionals as cheats - really is that anything to stand and applaud?

Edited by Micky

I would actually hope that most Pompey fans will also see that this is the wrong decission. If they have any decency within them, they must be able to see that what has happened today is nothing short of an injustice. From one administration (only 10 years ago..?) to over 130 million pounds of debt today, nationally recognised by thier fellow professionals as cheats - really is that anything to stand applaud?

Come on man, this is the juidiciary that lets child murderers out in months. Does anything surprise you about the British courts anymore ?

Complete toss-pots in wigs and tights.

So the message has been sent - football clubs can get away with trading when insolvent.

Nice...

It does make me question the point of following professional football when it is so morally bankrupt, from the naked greed of players (f'ing Bolotelli wants £185k a week!), schyster agents, clubs ripping off fans with high ticket prices and constantly changing kits (nearly every Prem team now changes their kit once a season, Spurs have got different sponsors for Euro matches and so now have 6 different new kits available), and clubs ripping off local businesses, charities and taxpayers.

News reporting no appeal. It's wrong but I dunno what else to say

You don't need to say anything. The fault lies with those who used your club the way they did. And HMRC for having everything at their disposal to sort it and actually manage to feck it up handsomely.

You and a few others have at least been decent on here.

You don't need to say anything. The fault lies with those who used your club the way they did. And HMRC for having everything at their disposal to sort it and actually manage to feck it up handsomely.

You and a few others have at least been decent on here.

Here here

Perhaps we can go to court to claim the £30 million back from HMRC that we paid them when we had no need to. Can we have Mr Mann to adjudicate, as he seems to lack a spine and no more moral fibre than the Android, so our success would be assured.

all we need now is for Chanrai to inject a few million to add to Cotterill's squad and they could make it back up. Just think of the money to be made from that again.

They may not have a stadium or training pitch but just going up and down every year really gets the ££££££££££££'s coming in

I genuinely can't believe what has happened here.

In slightly related news, apologies for the incredibly **** performance of the forum during all of that. It's the first time the new software's had to bear that sort of load and it epically failed. I've found a load of performance enhancements I can implement, so will be working through those this evening along with the minor update to version 4.0.5, with a view to it all being fine for the Plymouth game on Saturday.

Thanks Steve, I was genuinely pee'd off with it. Blank pages, VBulletin errors etc. It's highly likely you didn't realise the possible issues.

Anyone up for a civil action on behalf of the British taxpayer?

I assume HMRC will be happy with me withholding a percentage of my income tax this year to cover my losses?

Perhaps we can go to court to claim the £30 million back from HMRC that we paid them when we had no need to. Can we have Mr Mann to adjudicate, as he seems to lack a spine and no more moral fibre than the Android, so our success would be assured.

Worth a go....

I genuinely can't believe what has happened here.

In slightly related news, apologies for the incredibly **** performance of the forum during all of that. It's the first time the new software's had to bear that sort of load and it epically failed. I've found a load of performance enhancements I can implement, so will be working through those this evening along with the minor update to version 4.0.5, with a view to it all being fine for the Plymouth game on Saturday.

Cheers - will come in useful when we're 3-0 down at half time..... ;-))

I think many fell into the trap that they felt they were dealing with a normal business and not football. The law don't want to liquidate a community club, and the owners seem to know it.

For many Pompey fans im happy, but in the main I detest that you have had glory times and trophies on the back of all taxpayers. Don't tell me British justice is the envy of the world Lol

British Justice is the best that money can buy.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})