Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Cotterill on SSN bleating about Cuddly Uncle Avram poaching not only his players (Wilson next) but also his "Analyst". Who is following David Coles to Upton Park.

Was this guy responsible for keeping track of the debt. It wasn't much of a job recording any passes/goals/points last year.

Cotterill would need a bloody analyst all right, having been stupid enough to take that job.

Things are really bad when even the shrink deserts the sinking ship... :lol:

Any idea why its going to take that long to get a meeting sorted?

It's an agenda item at the regular FL board meeting. Don't know how often they meet- assume bi-monthly or quarterly? We apparently tried to get it dealt with one way or the other before the TW closes, but either they said no, or we didn't try very hard to save Chanrai some cash?

It's an agenda item at the regular FL board meeting. Don't know how often they meet- assume bi-monthly or quarterly? We apparently tried to get it dealt with one way or the other before the TW closes, but either they said no, or we didn't try very hard to save Chanrai some cash?

Or! they may agree with most of the footballing fraternity in this country, and have no wish to do the Portsea cheats any favours. I know which of the two above explanations I favour.

They must have had a meeting recently though as Palarse came out of admin and embargo was lifted. Your view on whats happend is more ballanced than some of your lot so its serious point and not trying point score o anything. Do you think it the league dragging there heals or the club?

If its the club then on one hand the club are asking the league for favours in signing players that are only needed for a promotion push and on the other the club are not doing all they can to come out of admin. But if its the league then do you think you have anything to worry about in the short term? It may be me with my rivals head on still but I find it strange for a club to seem to have got through so much and relativly unscathed to still have so much up in the air???

There was a FL Board Meeting this week where Palace got their Golden Share (dated 20 August)

http://www.football-league.co.uk/championship/news/20100820/palace-exit-administration_2248204_2125030

Which doesn't answer why you CHEATS have to wait until Sept as we have all known for months now that the "friend of the Gunrunner" was the ONLY OWNER. Perhaps the "trying to get it early" is just SPIN to keep the 2,731 supporters happy.

Also note the final paragraph

In line with our regulations, The Football League will now work with the club to ensure it operates in a sustainable manner. This includes increased financial reporting requirements and restrictions on player signings that will help the club live within its means going forward.

There was a FL Board Meeting this week where Palace got their Golden Share (dated 20 August)

http://www.football-league.co.uk/championship/news/20100820/palace-exit-administration_2248204_2125030

Which doesn't answer why you CHEATS have to wait until Sept as we have all known for months now that the "friend of the Gunrunner" was the ONLY OWNER. Perhaps the "trying to get it early" is just SPIN to keep the 2,731 supporters happy.

Also note the final paragraph

In line with our regulations, The Football League will now work with the club to ensure it operates in a sustainable manner. This includes increased financial reporting requirements and restrictions on player signings that will help the club live within its means going forward.
Well that last bit really makes me think that between them the FL and Skates could put all legally registered clowns out of business.

That same FL (OK minus MinnieHawHaw) which absolutely murdered Luton, Lincoln etc. Punished Leeds, with reason, and were rather cold blooded with other clubs has now, seemingly, become a toothless tiger with the bestest supported club in the land (TM) now swinging it (the FL) by it's collective tail.

No, but I think you've may have missed a "Pompey Takeover Thread" in-joke.

no,I was aware of the in joke thing. Always up for an argument though !!

Anyway, smith and nugent are both rubbish.

As long as they are wearing silly blue shirts at least !!

What hope is there for anyting or anyone?

653 pages we've been sitting here using logic and reason to analyse what is happening.

Just when you have verything understood and you can look at at things with understanding and confidence in the power of logic, the World goes and throws a total curve ball at you and all logic sense and reason goes flying out the window.

I was in a Fashion Shop today in an Outlet Mall.

For some utterly obscure reason, in the middle of the store surrounded by heavily discounted Beverly Hills Polo Club and other non brands sat..........

An Ice cream Freezer.

And the Freezer was full of.

Prawn Sausages.

yep, Prawn Sausages, manufactured in Brunei.

I mean WTF? There are people in this world who eat Prawn SAUSAGES? Let alone somebody who MAKES them.

Simply goes to show there is no possible way this whole few mess is going to follow any logic or reason to a conclusion. Those clearly don't exist in the world.

Anyway, I bought the lot, did a deal with AA and will be flogging them off outside Nottarf over the next few weeks. Think they deserve each other. Prawn Bangers for the Skates

maybe the league are just waiting for AA to file the 2009-2010 accounts as per their new ruling this summer - now that's a fag packet I want to read the back of!

Once he's done that the FL can look at approving the CVA and checking out a potential new owner, I'm sure it won't take too long.

Doubt it

If that was the case he'd have taken them over by now and would be providing funding to strengthen the squad. The press reports that say he's apparently going to take over in a few weeks (once the transfer window is shut) speaks volumes to me if true

But then why all the shenanigans of tearing up contracts to avoid the embargo and bring in stonger players? Why turn down offers for Smith and Wilson? Why hire Cotterill and not some cheaper mickey mouse manager? Don't forget that even when the transfer window closes they can bring in loans (their strategy last year).

I'm not saying he'll fund them excessively for promotion, but it is possible that he'll gamble with moderate investment. It'll be a huge payoff if he wins. As I said, I think the jury is out on this.

Cheating, lying bastards.

good point that - a shrewd and serious businessman would have waited for the CVA approval and then been in there like a rat up a drainpipe.

As soon as the large chunk of debt was written off the plan could be launched -

finalise the takeover deal that was obviously done with AA months before, pump money into the squad and prepare to attempt an immediate return to the big money world of the Prem - only pausing to close the annoying 653 page thread down the road.

But would do we see? A half-hearted and lengthy change of ownership - he hasn't even done the FaPP test that was mentioned a month ago, not the action of someone who wants a club.

No sign of new funding, no sign of a serious attempt at moving the club forward....there's a limit to how long you wait for developments, the CVA was key - unless he doesn't believe it's viability either?....or he believes the FL won't approve it....

Meanwhile Palace have exited admin smoothly, embargo lifted and planning a future - though signing Edgar Davids would suggest they haven't learned their financial lesson yet.

Meanwhile folk hero Avram continues to support his own theory that you can't take their spirit but you can help yourself to most of their staff - he has Pompey bent over like a Thai crack addict behind an industrial estate skip.

More laughs to come.

Then again, there's always rallyboy to raise my spirits. :D

maybe the league are just waiting for AA to file the 2009-2010 accounts as per their new ruling this summer - now that's a fag packet I want to read the back of!

Once he's done that the FL can look at approving the CVA and checking out a potential new owner, I'm sure it won't take too long.

Especially since he's spent the last couple of months completing his forensic accounting exercise.

Shouldn't take more than a few hours to do a couple of copies, whole punch them and put them in a ring binder.

He has finished the forensic accounting hasn't he?

I was just wondering, why Palarse have managed to come out of Administration, get their new owners through the F & PP test, and presumably present a viable financial plan to the FL which has allowed their transfer embargo to be lifted (all accepted yesterday), yet our fishy friends have not, and have to wait for a FL meeing in mid September?

Could it be becasue Chinnery has not passed the F & PP test, or that the FL have seen through the CVA budget for what it is? Have they asked Chinnery for financial guarantees in the event that £12m-£15m, plus £4m is not received from player sales?

It just seems strange.

I also suspect the refusal to sell players for whom good offers have been received is yet more bravado and brinkmanship. We shall see who is actually left come the end of the window.

Edited by Faz

I see they had one of their WebChat things yesterday

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Pompey-webchat-with-Jordan-Cross.6485478.jp

Some of the quotes from the Reporter

On Mokoena

Then there is the strange case of Mokoena, who seemed to have an extended stay on interenational duty last week. No doubt that didn't please his manager

Cotterill wants Mokoena to stay, but his extended international break was hardly a good sign. Def a case of what this space on that one

On Lloyd

The latest on Rob Lloyd is that he's good at kicking tyres

On Chainrai investing before the end of August

I wouldn't have expected Chainrai to invest anything of note on players if it had gone though.

I don't really buy into talk of him falling in love with the club, but at least he has spoken.

On the subject of spending, I'll just reiterate what I've said previously: Don't get excited. Chainrai is a businessman and he main priority would be to recoup the money he has put into Pompey. He has already taken money out of the club.

In Wilson

Hmmm, the Wilson situation, it's fair to say, is giving Steve the right hump.

He ripped into his agent for hawking him around and also had a pop at Avram for trying to nick him. He also had a dig at West Brom's Jeremy Peace last week for unsettling Wilson

(IMO when Agents hawk players around it usually means they want to go.)

However nothing seems to get through to the "thickest fans in the world" ™,

Can we try get shay given in on loan from man city?

If Harry is getting Gallas can we please have Younis back on loan?

surely we should be targeting some of them like Robert Koren?

Surely BC will bankroll a promotion push!!

Sam Sodje is not the player he was, he's more like a League 1 or even League 2 type of player. I would be really concerned if Pompey sign him,

Matt Taylor is he coming back to Pompey?

why dont we go for benjani?

not just a rule-bending disgrace if allowed but a business that has no value because thay can't buy young players or invest in anything.

All their income is pouring straight through in wages - exactly what got them into trouble in the first place.

Six months ago their only asset was an ability to generate Prem money.

Now their only asset is access to half the remaining parachute money.

The business is fecked without new money, same as it was 654 pages ago.

not just a rule-bending disgrace if allowed but a business that has no value because thay can't buy young players or invest in anything.

All their income is pouring straight through in wages - exactly what got them into trouble in the first place.

Six months ago their only asset was an ability to generate Prem money.

Now their only asset is access to half the remaining parachute money.

The business is fecked without new money, same as it was 654 pages ago.

Quite.

Unless Chainrai pumps in a load of cash (or sells to somebody else that does) I'm sticking to the toast. The longer you leave it in the toaster the blacker it gets.

And what will happen is this;

Pompey will loan those players in, knowingly breaking the rules.

A few days later, the FA/FL will wisen up and go... "oh, hang on a minute..."

They'll review it for a day and eventually decide that Pompey once again sticking the V's up to the rest of the football league and the other teams in their league is "just" because they've had such a hard time of it recently - thus granting "special dispensation" as they've only had 4 players on the bench recently.

I can't see how the meeting on the 9th can result in anything but laughter from the board as they discuss pompy's requests. They know the facts of how they have manufactured there squad size for some sympathy and they will also know the rules on getting in loans. While they may fall for the sympathy vote they should stick to there own rules.

Dispute what I think should happen, what probably will happen is the V's will continue to be flicked and rules will be broken all supported by the FL

:(

Quite.

Unless Chainrai pumps in a load of cash (or sells to somebody else that does) I'm sticking to the toast. The longer you leave it in the toaster the blacker it gets.

What's your take on this thing in the CVA which says the current company will be liquidated and a new one set up in 8 or 9 months time, allowing a complete forensic investigation to take place?

I may have the timing wrong but this seems to be taking place just before Pompey have to come out of admin otherwise they wouldn't be let in the league under FL rules

What's your take on this thing in the CVA which says the current company will be liquidated and a new one set up in 8 or 9 months time, allowing a complete forensic investigation to take place?

I may have the timing wrong but this seems to be taking place just before Pompey have to come out of admin otherwise they wouldn't be let in the league under FL rules

But surely, AA has already done a complete forensic examination of the books!!...............ooohhh!!

I heard Chanria wants to sell for £30.5m (overheard telephone conversation from someone in the process) although someone else with an interest told me it was £40.5m

It seems both figures are putting off the buyers already expressing an interest.

Chanria unlikely to waste any more of his money. They will limp on with the emphasise on LIMP

Peter Storrie, ace football negociator, should be given the freedom of the City of Southampton for services to the entertainment industry. A quiet day, a little low after yesterday, and yet his legacy never fails to bring a smile to my face.

that'll be the players that voted for the CVA thus giving the club support to do whatever it wants.

Looks like they made that bed and either joined a club that doesn't pay wages on time or stayed with one that doesn't - tough.

What did they expect? Idiots.

From the FL view that looks like a club still saddled with massive historical football debt that cannot meet its current obligations, let alone take on others.

Embargo should be tightened until they can meet their overheads - and unlike the Prem I could see the FL jumping on them.....hopefully.

When they default on the CVA soon can we just put the cat out, the milk bottles on the doorstep and close the whole sorry saga?

Quite.

CS Im glad you are still posting. It does seem that they are going to bleed to death by 1000 cuts , but this is one cat that has more than 9 lives

that'll be the players that voted for the CVA thus giving the club support to do whatever it wants.

Looks like they made that bed and either joined a club that doesn't pay wages on time or stayed with one that doesn't - tough.

What did they expect? Idiots.

From the FL view that looks like a club still saddled with massive historical football debt that cannot meet its current obligations, let alone take on others.

Embargo should be tightened until they can meet their overheads - and unlike the Prem I could see the FL jumping on them.....hopefully.

When they default on the CVA soon can we just put the cat out, the milk bottles on the doorstep and close the whole sorry saga?

How can they possibly be allowed to sign new players (even on loan), whilst not fulfilling obligations to current ones?? It beggars belief.

I still reckon Wislon will be gone soon, followed by Cotterill.

How can they possibly be allowed to sign new players (even on loan), whilst not fulfilling obligations to current ones?? It beggars belief.

I still reckon Wislon will be gone soon, followed by Cotterill.

I'm surprised the FL haven't suggested that they flog a player to pay some bills before they look at bringing more in. They were happy enough to ship players out of the door to thin there squad for dispensation. Paying bills is higher up on the list of priorities for every other club yet still they get support.

They were the joke of the prem and pretty soon they will be the joke of the FL.

They really do think they are special don't they. Hope the FL tear into the fish forkers and tell them to shove their repeated requests for dispensations right up their ar$es.

any particular reason that they cannot sign players who are unattached to any club, rather than get in loans..............................

any particular reason that they cannot sign players who are unattached to any club, rather than get in loans..............................

Transfer embargo probably covers in attached players too as the embargo is in place for financial reasons rather than footballing reasons. So wages for any new player would only add to the problem so under the embargo, the FL would still have to give special dispensation to sign anyone.

And what will happen is this;

Pompey will loan those players in, knowingly breaking the rules.

A few days later, the FA/FL will wisen up and go... "oh, hang on a minute..."

They'll review it for a day and eventually decide that Pompey once again sticking the V's up to the rest of the football league and the other teams in their league is "just" because they've had such a hard time of it recently - thus granting "special dispensation" as they've only had 4 players on the bench recently.

If the FL fall for the "only had 4 players on the bench" charade, I can only conclude one thing, and it involves brown envelopes.

I can't see how the meeting on the 9th can result in anything but laughter from the board as they discuss pompy's requests. They know the facts of how they have manufactured there squad size for some sympathy and they will also know the rules on getting in loans. While they may fall for the sympathy vote they should stick to there own rules.

Dispute what I think should happen, what probably will happen is the V's will continue to be flicked and rules will be broken all supported by the FL

:(

MONEY-185_299104a.jpg

Beleaguered Pompey have not paid their players any extras since the 5-0 defeat away at Manchester United in early February and their furious stars, some of whom are owed up to £300,000, have decided enough is enough.
Have they been trading whilst insolvent - even under administration?

I heard Chanria wants to sell for £30.5m (overheard telephone conversation from someone in the process) although someone else with an interest told me it was £40.5m

It seems both figures are putting off the buyers already expressing an interest.

Chanria unlikely to waste any more of his money. They will limp on with the emphasise on LIMP

I reckon he'll see how the first few months go. If they look like they have a chance of the playoffs I think he'll pump a modest amount in as a gamble for PL riches. If not, then indeed he'll let them stay on life support long enough to trouser the forthcoming parachute loot.

They really do think they are special don't they. Hope the FL tear into the fish forkers and tell them to shove their repeated requests for dispensations right up their ar$es.

That's what we thought the PL would do. It's hard to remain optimistic.

Cheating, lying bastards.

I cna't see why Wilson was rated so highly. He was absolute gash when he played against us in the Cup.Im surprised that anyone is prepared to pay 2m let alone 3m!!

But if BC doesn't want to fund them as a gamble for PL riches, why turn down 3m? Unless he's mad enough to hold out for more?