Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Lol.

Still a LONG way to run.

The article states he will buy the club in three weeks - why wait ANOTHER three weeks?

He was going through the F&PPT BEFORE the last court case - pretty sure it doesn't take 6 weeks to pass or fail, after all they managed to pass the non-existent owner in a day!!! - he doesn't actually have to provide any money, just guarantee the £16m, and since that's coming from the parachute payments, that one's easy.

So, why the delay?

Is it because the transfer window will be closed then, and the man who has no interest in running a football club doesn't want to put any money into it, just take money out?

Lol

And on what date would it be that they receive the first of their Parachute Payments or a Sky TV payment?

Lol

And on what date would it be that they receive the first of their Parachute Payments or a Sky TV payment?

What sky tv money? Do you mean the year one parachute money being kept by the EPL to settle football debts?

If he's only guaranteeing the £16m, they still need to generate the cash for running costs through player sales if they are to hit their player budget, and make the payments under the CVA. How will he guarantee the payments - would you just take his word, or would you want assets behind it (I guess he has a football ground he could use). Is he really going to throw more money at it?

If he's not ratified until after the transfer window closes, he will have to fund them pending further player sales in January. But the budget is not suatainable in the medium term, and hestill doesn't seem the most enthusiastic of owners.

There's still a lot of unanswered issues here.

There were sightings earlier today of someone wearing a hard hat and driving a JCB south on the M1. I'm saying nothing.

No, like the other poster said, I think he actually has a stake in the consortium that's taken over Leicester so can't see him coming back. But with Mad mandy anything's possible

No, he didn't sell to Venables. That was Martin Gregory. All our problems started after Jim became ill and Martin took over. I don't even remember us having a particularly close relationship to QPR. Remind me of what you're referring to here. He appointed John Gregory as manager and after that Jim Smith and both had worked under him at QPR but there's nothing else I can really remember.

There were no posts removed from POL, all still there. I repeat, stop trying to make an issue out of something that doesn't exist. As for your "bunch of goons" comment it's pathetic. Pompey have fans like any other club, Saints included. Some good, some bad. If you think you don't have your own goons remind me which club has twice had sets of fans jailed for football violence, put an opposing fan into a coma by beating them with a baseball bat and seen reports of trouble after almost every home game - clue: it isn't Pompey.

Look chaps, I'm not trying to score cheap points here, especially at what I understand is a sad time for you but comments like these by SaintJay sound like a 14 year old (I don't know, maybe he is but his name suggests he's in his 30's). I refer you back once again to the B.anter board that one of your lot set up when the old Banter board closed down and the type of comments that were posted on there. You've got fans who are capable of posting stuff just as bad as the Pompey fans have done in this instance and if you think they wouldn't do it if the situation was reversed you're in denial.

Yawn!

If you want to stick up for a bunch of goons that support your club and tarrnish the rest of the real fans then thats your problem.

Any time Saints so called fans have been involved in anything you mention, the Majority of real Saints fans condem there actions and dont stick up for them. Every club has a minority of idiots that seem to ruin it for everyone else. But I dont see any other club than Pompy sticking up for these idiots or even encouraging them by joining in.

Dont see what my age has got to do with anything. I commented on the way you seem to be sticking up for a bunch of idiots who have no respect. I was pretty sure comments had been removed from POL as that is what had been said by some of the people who got really hacked off by the original comments who saw them and later went back to find they had gone. I couldnt give a rats ass if they are there or not but prepared to take the word of a saints fan on here.

Not in the same league I know but when your lot lost a keeper I saw nothing but respect on here so no denial needed. Idiots are everywhere. If you choose to stick for those idiots then that puts you in the same bracket as the goons you support.

What sky tv money? Do you mean the year one parachute money being kept by the EPL to settle football debts?

If he's only guaranteeing the £16m, they still need to generate the cash for running costs through player sales if they are to hit their player budget, and make the payments under the CVA. How will he guarantee the payments - would you just take his word, or would you want assets behind it (I guess he has a football ground he could use). Is he really going to throw more money at it?

If he's not ratified until after the transfer window closes, he will have to fund them pending further player sales in January. But the budget is not suatainable in the medium term, and hestill doesn't seem the most enthusiastic of owners.

There's still a lot of unanswered issues here.

There's no unanswered questions at all regarding Chanrai.

He put in X pounds

He is only hanging around to take out X pounds plus double X in interest

His 16mil is the one year of parachute payments.

The Authorities have retained the Year 1 parachute payment to pay off footballing debts. Year two will likely go the same way.

Ergo it is quite easy to see how long Chanrai will be at the club and jhow long they have left to live - When he gets his money he will be off and anyone can have them for a quid.

Anyone who thinks he will be pumping in new zillions to get them back to the PL should re-read his early interviews. He's a money lender not a gambler

do you think that he will take that payment get his money and then let Lloyds consortium buy the club for a £1?

Loyd is chancer, headline grabber, a fekin tyer kicker, you know the type, ( the ITK peeps on hear) soon learned how to spot them as soon as they appeared on St Marys forcourt,

With in a day of Loyd throwing his cap in you lot were s******ing saying (seen it all before) Weather we like it or not Chainri is the only option for our particular train wreck,

IF! Loyd was offered PFC for a quid, He would need to get a loan,

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Chainrai-puts-pen-to-paper.6475150.jp?CommentPage=3&CommentPageLength=10#comments

I was so sick of some f the comments one the News site , about signing O'Hara back and redeveloping the ground, that I couldn't resist posting myself ( comment 25) .

For those of you that don't speak french . La Raie is a kind of flat fish known in England as a SK*TE..

CHEATS

perhaps we should close this thread - I keep visiting it when see new posts thinking it may have gone wrong! When it looks like they have completely got away with it all.

change the thread to Pompeys Double Relegation Season and follow their results :-)

They only had 4 subs today again bless 'em. Absolutely nobody in their youth teams who would benefit from being on the bench obviously, or would that detract from their "spin" about how short of players they are? We know the answer to that one by now don't we!

Lol.

Still a LONG way to run.

The article states he will buy the club in three weeks - why wait ANOTHER three weeks?

He was going through the F&PPT BEFORE the last court case - pretty sure it doesn't take 6 weeks to pass or fail, after all they managed to pass the non-existent owner in a day!!! - he doesn't actually have to provide any money, just guarantee the £16m, and since that's coming from the parachute payments, that one's easy.

So, why the delay?

Is it because the transfer window will be closed then, and the man who has no interest in running a football club doesn't want to put any money into it, just take money out?

I do not like BC. But, if he trousers the parachute money, does a runner, and leaves the corpse to rot and die, then I will change my opinion of him. :D

They only had 4 subs today again bless 'em. Absolutely nobody in their youth teams who would benefit from being on the bench obviously, or would that detract from their "spin" about how short of players they are? We know the answer to that one by now don't we!

Yes indeed, we do. But do the FL?

Cheating, lying bastards.

So Scudamore has gone on the record to say he was lied to by the club, in order to secure extra payments presumably. And the Skates wonder why we call them cheats?

Assuming that this was done during Chanrai's watch, how will this be viewed when assessing him as a 'fit and proper person' then ??

Ps. I am aware that the FL and not the PL are making the call !

Chanria is sorting out the purchase contract and intends to sell on as soon as possible. There is a potential buyer but Chanria has just upped the purchase price substantially according to Peter Storrie when I spoke to him last night. Long way to run in this saga yet :)

Edited by Weston Saint

Chanria is sorting out the purchase contract and intends to sell on as soon as possible. There is a potential buyer but Chanria has just upped the purchase price substantially according to Peter Storrie when I spoke to him last night. Long way to run in this saga yet :)

Intersting but

64000 dollar question , do you believe Storrie?

Was he with Storrie, or was he chasing him for his money? :)
Did not come with him and in a different part of the ground although thay may have come together at one point in the day. Terry is Pompey through and through. Not even his loss of money has curbed his enthusiasm for them. Terry knows I am a Saints season ticket holder. We tend to take the P out of each other but always light hearted. I know many other good Pompey season ticket holders. We enjoy the banter.

Chanrai looking to sell on?

Anyone would think from that statement that he's owned the club for ages and was responsible for misleading the Prem, asset-stripping the carcass, driving the business into administration and bank-rolling said farce.

It seems that he's just been an innocent bystander who had no idea what AA would do and by good fortune now seems to be in the best position to give creditors their money.

Pity he didn't think of that approach when whoever was in charge was sanctioning higher wages, shafting local businesses and thieving from charities.

Oh hang on, he was in charge then, and has been throughout.

I guess we have to wish him good luck with the FaPP test, though he shouldn't need it as torturers, arms dealers and money-launderers have all been given a clean bill of health in then past.

I think the Leibherr family with their reputations and business ethics together with about £2500m in assets and no debts are hardly third division back street traders that seem to be attracted by PCFC. This is also the way the club is being run, free of debt with no borrowing allowed. As The whole thing was bought for about £13m, owns a nearly new stadium, building a state of the art training complex, owns 41 acres at Hedge End it wouldn't need to be asset stripped. Debt free it could be sold for a tidy sum. But I ask myself if somebody worth £2.5bn would really be interested in selling off a tidy little asset that could be worth a lot of money in a few years time. With the club's cash flow and comparatively low overheads with no mortgage or borrowings it is a very easily managed asset.

I think the Leibherr family with their reputations and business ethics together with about £2500m in assets and no debts are hardly third division back street traders that seem to be attracted by PCFC. This is also the way the club is being run, free of debt with no borrowing allowed. As The whole thing was bought for about £13m, owns a nearly new stadium, building a state of the art training complex, owns 41 acres at Hedge End it wouldn't need to be asset stripped. Debt free it could be sold for a tidy sum. But I ask myself if somebody worth £2.5bn would really be interested in selling off a tidy little asset that could be worth a lot of money in a few years time. With the club's cash flow and comparatively low overheads with no mortgage or borrowings it is a very easily managed asset.

I'd go one further Derry. Even if the Liebherr family decided to sell I think they would behave in their, now by us, accustomed manner. It would be done efficiently and quietly and, I firmly believe, any buyer would have to match their high ideals and pass with flying colours. They will not cast us adrift to a long line of cheats, connivers, filchers, inveiglers, and downright scoundrels as our fishy fiends have been subjected to!

FAO Corp Ho

Classy lot on here, well done: http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=288626

And you even had to be warned *not* to take the ****...

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=289155

This post ain't point scoring, it's proving a point. And I'm sure there was more on POL but irrespective the fact remains ... The majority of you are F()ckin' pr1cks

Crabby, either you're a very immature young man who can't read properly or you're a slimey little pr1ck trying to score points over Pompey fans from the death of Liebherr. Which one is it?

I'm glad you posted a link to the Pompey board you mentioned so everyone can take a look. I've already said I don't agree with what they posted and think they're ****s for doing so. But anyone who takes a look will see that there are a grand total of THREE Pompey fans who posted anything offensive. But you think that makes the majority of us pr!cks. I've spoken to Bill who runs POL and he's confirmed that no posts were removed from that site and here's a link so anyone can take a look and see just what outraged Crabby so much. Feel free to let me know where you can see posts that have been removed.

http://www.pompeyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58775

Crabby, you've shown your true colours. You're a lying little scumbag who used the death of Saints owner to try and score moral points.

Yawn!

If you want to stick up for a bunch of goons that support your club and tarrnish the rest of the real fans then thats your problem.

Any time Saints so called fans have been involved in anything you mention, the Majority of real Saints fans condem there actions and dont stick up for them. Every club has a minority of idiots that seem to ruin it for everyone else. But I dont see any other club than Pompy sticking up for these idiots or even encouraging them by joining in.

Dont see what my age has got to do with anything. I commented on the way you seem to be sticking up for a bunch of idiots who have no respect. I was pretty sure comments had been removed from POL as that is what had been said by some of the people who got really hacked off by the original comments who saw them and later went back to find they had gone. I couldnt give a rats ass if they are there or not but prepared to take the word of a saints fan on here.

Not in the same league I know but when your lot lost a keeper I saw nothing but respect on here so no denial needed. Idiots are everywhere. If you choose to stick for those idiots then that puts you in the same bracket as the goons you support.

I'm not sticking up for anyone. I've seen too much death in my life to stick up for morons who think it's funny that someone died. My point was that an element of your fans would have been no different if the situation had been reversed and cited the old B.anter board as an example of your fans posting offensive crap. As I said to Crabby above, if you actually read the posts there are only three Pompey posters posting anything offensive. That's not to excuse them but at least put it into perspective. It seems to me that a lot of Saints fans are acting like the Daily Mail readers who phoned the BBC to complain about Russel Bran and Jonathan Ross without actually seeing or hearing what they were complaining about. The vast majority of posts on most Pompey board were genuinely respectful and supportive. If you want to take the posts of three people as representative of Pompey fans as a whole then that's your choice

Crabby, either you're a very immature young man who can't read properly or you're a slimey little pr1ck trying to score points over Pompey fans from the death of Liebherr. Which one is it?

I'm glad you posted a link to the Pompey board you mentioned so everyone can take a look. I've already said I don't agree with what they posted and think they're ****s for doing so. But anyone who takes a look will see that there are a grand total of THREE Pompey fans who posted anything offensive. But you think that makes the majority of us pr!cks. I've spoken to Bill who runs POL and he's confirmed that no posts were removed from that site and here's a link so anyone can take a look and see just what outraged Crabby so much. Feel free to let me know where you can see posts that have been removed.

http://www.pompeyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58775

Crabby, you've shown your true colours. You're a lying little scumbag who used the death of Saints owner to try and score moral points.

I'm not sticking up for anyone. I've seen too much death in my life to stick up for morons who think it's funny that someone died. My point was that an element of your fans would have been no different if the situation had been reversed and cited the old B.anter board as an example of your fans posting offensive crap. As I said to Crabby above, if you actually read the posts there are only three Pompey posters posting anything offensive. That's not to excuse them but at least put it into perspective. It seems to me that a lot of Saints fans are acting like the Daily Mail readers who phoned the BBC to complain about Russel Bran and Jonathan Ross without actually seeing or hearing what they were complaining about. The vast majority of posts on most Pompey board were genuinely respectful and supportive. If you want to take the posts of three people as representative of Pompey fans as a whole then that's your choice

Unfortunately while what you say may be true. I and many others were at the League Cup game where a minutes silence for Ted Bates was dishonoured by so called Pompey fans. These low life demonstrated no respect or decency so it is hardly surprising that in this hour of grief for a genuine man ANY distateful reference to Marcus from so called fans of PCFC will be viewed in the same light.

Originally Posted by derry:

"I was quoted an outstanding mortgage of about £23m which was settled in full for about £7m. A similar figure to the Ipswich £28m mortgage settlement by Evans when he bought the club. The Stadium along with the club and SLH assets were purchased by Leibherr, the creditors such as Barclays agreed a settlement, leaving the club debt free and SLH liquidated."

Interesting. So, an outstanding mortgage of £23m was 'settled' for £7m. All the outstanding debts were not settled in full at all then, were they? You are no different to us. Cheats!

Anyway, seeing as Nickh was right all along, why is this thread still running? I mean, it would appear that it's unbridled glee factor for you chaps is now a bit er, limited? I don't mind, it's turned full circle now and is becoming an entertaining read...

"I was quoted an outstanding mortgage of about £23m which was settled in full for about £7m. A similar figure to the Ipswich £28m mortgage settlement by Evans when he bought the club. The Stadium along with the club and SLH assets were purchased by Leibherr, the creditors such as Barclays agreed a settlement, leaving the club debt free and SLH liquidated."

Interesting. So, an outstanding mortgage of £23m was 'settled' for £7m. All the outstanding debts were not settled in full at all then, were they? You are no different to us. Cheats!

Anyway, seeing as Nickh was right all along, why is this thread still running? I mean, it would appear that it's unbridled glee factor for you chaps is now a bit er, limited? I don't mind, it's turned full circle now and is becoming an entertaining read...

Let's see how 'entertained' you'll be if Chanrai pockets his lucre, then cuts and runs.

Way to go. Way, way, way to go and he who laughs last don't get the joke.

Which, at best, PCFC have become amongst the rest of football.

Clown for recognition (w35tw00d). Clowns for owners.

Er we paid our taxes and didn't cheat charities and local schools out of thousands of pounds. Also we haven't had a bunch of money launderers and corrupt arms dealers running our club.

And if you honestly think you've "got away with it" whilst your still running up unsustainable debts and the only buyer on the horizon is a vulture then I have a lot of sympathy for you