Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

So, not a good end to the week for Portsmouth

For a start, the infamous Portsmouth mob got "turned over" off the pitch whilst their team was dismantled on it

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=293541

And now the greatest fans in the world are turning on both players and manager... (would like you a thread but there are so many so just take your pick)

Oh dear.

Their next three fuxtures are home to Ipswich, away to Palarse, and away to Sheff Utd. I'll give them a draw at Palace, the other two they'll lose. Bottom at the end of Sept. No owner, no players (defenders esecially), no ground, no training ground, no youth team, no funding, no hope.

Theymay have squeezed over several hurdles which would have seen any normal business done for but, imo, they're still toast. It'll just take longer to brown.

I have recently returned from a great holiday in South Africa. As others have previously pointed out "Terry Paine MBE - one of the 1966 World Cup winners" is a major soccer pundit on South African TV. I had to lol last week when he was asked to comment on the score Preston 1 - 0 Pompey. His opinion was that Pompey are having to sell so many players that fans could be asked to play if they bring their boots. He thinks that Pompey are likely to drop right through to League 1.

His accent has not changed and apart from some grey hair he has not aged. it is great to know that one of our all time greats is spreading the anti Pompey gospel throughout the African continent.

Their next three fuxtures are home to Ipswich, away to Palarse, and away to Sheff Utd. I'll give them a draw at Palace, the other two they'll lose. Bottom at the end of Sept. No owner, no players (defenders esecially), no ground, no training ground, no youth team, no funding, no hope.

Theymay have squeezed over several hurdles which would have seen any normal business done for but, imo, they're still toast. It'll just take longer to brown.

Yeah but they ARE worth 30 million....

Which again, as a reminder is EXACTLY the same amount of money that was needed to buy SLH & restructure our debt while we were being touted by Seymour Pierce in the middle of an economic boom.

3 Hopes

Bob Hope

No Hope

and

Envelope

Yeah but they ARE worth 30 million....

Which again, as a reminder is EXACTLY the same amount of money that was needed to buy SLH & restructure our debt while we were being touted by Seymour Pierce in the middle of an economic boom.

3 Hopes

Bob Hope

No Hope

and

Envelope

Half awaiting DellDays with a job inspired pun along the lines of

Perishscope

Ok, I'll get my coat.

Terry Paine MBE - one of the 1966 World Cup winners is a major soccer pundit on South African TV.........His accent has not changed and apart from some grey hair he has not aged. it is great to know that one of our all time greats is spreading the anti Pompey gospel throughout the African continent.

I love the fact that on his biog for the station he list his first career highlight as playing for the Saints, above winning the world cup!

http://www.supersport.com/feature.aspx?Id=46

Perry Ryan, Ellis Martin, Peter Gregory and Billy Goddard are first year pros and are not counted towards the squad. They do also have Tom Kilbey who they are choosing not to register / list. He hasn't ever played a competitive match even tho they signed him from Milwall in 2007, sent him on loan to Dagenham & Redbridge last year and went on the US pre-season tour (he scored in the first match). I think he's injured at the moment so they've been holding him back.

Therefore their squad, excluding those players and therefore counting towards the 20 are:

GK

1) Jamie Ashdown (signed pre-season ; free agent)

2) Liam O'Brien (trying to send him out on loan)

3) Darryl Flahavan (signed this week ; free agent)

DEF

4) Carl Dickinson (signed early in season ; loan from Stoke)

5) Aaron Mokoena (may be off if bid comes in)

6) Joel Ward

7) Ibrahima Sonko (signed pre-season ; loan from Stoke)

MID

8) Matt Ritchie

9) Marc Wilson (probably off)

10) Hayden Mullins

11) Michael Brown

12) Richard Hughes

13) Marlon Pack

FW

14) Danny Webber

15) David Nugent (surprised no one bid for him in the end)

16) John Utaka (probably off)

17) Tommy Smith

18) Nadir Ciftci

19) Kanu (signed today ; free agent)

Now it's looking likely Utaka and Wilson will be off, with Dave Kitson and Liam Lawrence replacing them. That leaves one spot in the squad.

Hermann Hreiðarsson is at the club but not being offered a contract until his injury clears up. Similarly as I mentioned Tom Kilbey is knocking about but not being registered.

It seems like they will need to be sending out a few more youngsters on loan if they want to sign anyone else. They've already been touting around Liam O'Brien, and even said signing Flahavan was dependent on sending O'Brien out.

Now, seeing as for once I am fully experienced in the matter of managing Football Teams on the big stage, I think I may be qualified to pass a sensible comment here.

Would I be right in assuming that i can see the hand of King Kevin Keegan at poopey?

It's an 11 a-side game as I recall, and about the only person in English Football who has ever tried to play football with NO defenders is King Kev in his score more days at Newcastle when he signed every forward or AM in the market.

Clearly AA is from the same stable.

They have FOUR defenders on their books.

So he goes out and signs Kanu

And is after Kitson on loan.

That is the best news I've heard from this thread for weeks.

FOUR defenders for the entire season in their squad of 20.

Oh delight, Hell even I know you need at least ONE more than that to sit on the bench

PMSL brilliant

Hayden Mullins is a much a right back as a holding midfielder, and has been playing there.

Marc Wilson is a useful centre back as well as midfielder, although likely to be off.

Hermann Hreiðarsson will be back soon enough as soon as he's fit.

Ellis Martin and Perry Ryan are both defenders.

James Hurst is on loan to Icelandic team IBV and could be recalled.

Their strikeforce is terrible so they do need reinforcements there. They should start playing some of their defensive players further up the park, after recent goals from Sonkoog and Mullinsog.

In fact they do look weak all over.

our strength last year was (eventually) squad depth - it doesn't have to be like Chelsea and Man City where you try to buy the two best in that position in the world, but all first teams get ravaged by injury and suspension, or even loss of form.

When this happens, how good will poor plucky pompey look then?

I see 'special' assistance being demanded before Christmas because the south coast's forgotten team can't field the sort of players that they'd like to.

A surprised Cotterill will say his hands are tied, it's impossible, etc - if only the stunning Smith and Nugent goal machine was firing on all cylinders.

Not sure the FL will be as generous as the Prem.

More predictable soap opera to come.

dunno but liam lawrence and dave kitson for marc wilson plus cash is a pretty good deal

I would quite like any takeover thats honest and realistic - this 21 year old could be alright, I dont want someone with loads of money just someone that can run the club so I can go and watch and still have a PFC

anything is better than chainscum

news? I thought it was a lone rumour on a pompey forum?

Now if that came to pass there would be questions asked.

They are just upset that the goal machine Smith could be lost.

I would guess that Chanrai will wait for any incoming cheques to clear before he does too much.

We might as well close this thread.

We have been reinstalled as the laughing stock of the South Coast with news that Paul Hart has been approached.

No! don't knock it Ive heard hes very good with the children, HoHoHo,HeHeHe,HaHaHa,,,,,,,,,Is there light a the end of the tunnel?,,,,Oh No! its the feckin train.

BBC Radio Solent understands that striker David Nugent is close to agreeing a move back to Burnley

captain Marc Wilson is reported to be at Stoke City ahead of a move to the Britannia Stadium. Liam Lawrence not keen on move in the opposite direction.

Tommy Smith close to agreeing move to QPR.