Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Imagine you are a loan shark, owning a club you have no interest in, except to extract as much lucre out of it as possible. You get advanced the remaining parachute money, and have paid off as few creditors as possible. You are left with several million. Do you:

1) Plough it into the club to keep them semi-competitive in the Championship (mid table at best) for a season or two.

or

2) Abandon the rotten carcass and buy yourself a nice new yacht?

or

3) Insure the parts you own for as much as possible and then be surprised when they all burn down (though rust does not burn well) on the same day?

Uh oh

There could be hope, a place at the top could open up

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/8371690/Queens-Park-Rangers-face-points-deduction-after-fielding-ineligible-player.html

It doesn't say HOW many points QPR hahaha haha hahahaaa hahahaaar may be docked but the FA ain't going to be happy bunnies

QPR's problem: fielding a player that was ineligible to play.

Pompeys problem: for cost reasons not fielding player(s) who are eligible to play.

Uh oh

There could be hope, a place at the top could open up

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/8371690/Queens-Park-Rangers-face-points-deduction-after-fielding-ineligible-player.html

It doesn't say HOW many points QPR hahaha haha hahahaaa hahahaaar may be docked but the FA ain't going to be happy bunnies

It did cross my mind. But then I was comforted with the thought that, whatever points they get deducted, the FA will make sure that QPR will finish at least one place above the Cheats.

they could dock QPR 10pts and they could still win the league, but if they don't go up it will cost pompey £400k from the Smith transfer.

Looking at their fixtures I reckon it will be Leicester who beat them next - the club that Mandaric saved will finish their season, goal by Yakubu.

The planets are nearly in place....tis in the scriptures....

How are those Russians getting on with due diligence on the deal that would be completed by last week, or has their backing from Tripoli hit a snag?

AA may be a master at fooling courts but he isn't too hot at converting sales leads.

Didnt pompey have dealings with an unregistered agent as well,so if QPR get points deducted for that, why dont pompey

The QPR issue is not about Agents. It is about Ownership. Think Carlos Tevez & West Ham.

QPR lied about the ownership of a player to the FA. They did that either willingly (fools) or unwillingly (fools for not doing Due Dilligence)

The QPR case may well be thats ome kind of ownership of the player exists with his agent, but that is different from making payments to an unregistered Agent.

Still doesn't mean that the Liquidators won't find some unshredded documents. I have some good mates in IT Data Security, give them a day with an old Poopey PC & we could wikileak the lot

they could dock QPR 10pts and they could still win the league, but if they don't go up it will cost pompey £400k from the Smith transfer.

Looking at their fixtures I reckon it will be Leicester who beat them next - the club that Mandaric saved will finish their season, goal by Yakubu.

The planets are nearly in place....tis in the scriptures....

How are those Russians getting on with due diligence on the deal that would be completed by last week, or has their backing from Tripoli hit a snag?

AA may be a master at fooling courts but he isn't too hot at converting sales leads.

Smoke & Mirrors

The QPR issue is not about Agents. It is about Ownership. Think Carlos Tevez & West Ham.

QPR lied about the ownership of a player to the FA. They did that either willingly (fools) or unwillingly (fools for not doing Due Dilligence)

The QPR case may well be thats ome kind of ownership of the player exists with his agent, but that is different from making payments to an unregistered Agent.

Still doesn't mean that the Liquidators won't find some unshredded documents. I have some good mates in IT Data Security, give them a day with an old Poopey PC & we could wikileak the lot

Actually, Mr Security, one of the 7 charges concerns payments to an unauthorised agent when Faurlin was signed.

More importantly, how is Tiger going to survive The Doral this weekend, without you by his side, or close behind him?

(Damn! I cant get the smilies to work.)

Didnt pompey have dealings with an unregistered agent as well,so if QPR get points deducted for that, why dont pompey

Cos we are special Fort u would of nose that by now.

Good to see you pony fiddlers are still grasping straws, Would of thought you would be more worried about the Cherry's riping you another arshole this weekend. Drooping you back into the (Making up the Numbers crew)

Your gonna mis the party,

Cos we are special Fort u would of nose that by now.

Good to see you pony fiddlers are still grasping straws, Would of thought you would be more worried about the Cherry's riping you another arshole this weekend. Drooping you back into the (Making up the Numbers crew)

Your gonna mis the party,

Thanks mack.

Leave us to ponder if we'll get promoted so that you can worry if you are going to have a club to support.

Mack, as we like you we've had a whipround and gathered you some punctuation to use, it will help all of us.

Here's some to start you off, let us know if you need more.

,,,,,,.......?!'''

And do bear in mind that Grammar isn't the tattooed bird 28 years your senior who touched you up at Hilsea Lido.

Re my previous mention of a rumour about ground safety at Fratton, like the ground it's nothing concrete, just a skate rumour that there had been a problem with the safety certificate for some sections of the crumbling ruins.

No doubt they can shut a stand or two without having to move more than a handful of fans so it won't be too much of an issue if true.

Mack, as we like you we've had a whipround and gathered you some punctuation to use, it will help all of us.

,,,,,,.......?!'''

And do bear in mind that Grammar isn't the tattooed bird 28 years your senior who touched you up at Hilsea Lido.

Re my previous mention of a rumour about ground safety at Fratton, like the ground it's nothing concrete, just a skate rumour that there had been a problem with the safety certificate for some sections of the crumbling ruins.

No doubt they can shut a stand or two without having to move more than a handful of fans so it won't be too much of an issue if true.

Post of the day, genuine LOL.

I know, amazing isn't it!

755 pages and they still haven't been taken over! All that despite four [or five, no-one really knows down there], genuine interested parties, that had sent an email!

Imagine what would happen if they were really desperate to sell ;)

They've been taken over 3 (possibly 4) times

1) Dr (LOL) Al fatty

2) Mirage

3) Chinny

4) Chinny again buying them out of admin

They are clearly a very attractive prospect. Imagine what could have happened if they had a half decent stadium or, god forbid, some fans to even begin to fill one.

Actually, Mr Security, one of the 7 charges concerns payments to an unauthorised agent when Faurlin was signed.

More importantly, how is Tiger going to survive The Doral this weekend, without you by his side, or close behind him?

(Damn! I cant get the smilies to work.)

Handicap of 24 at the time I shot 86 at the Doral Blue Monster course, the man NEEDS me...

OK I saw him up close and TBH he will be krap. He still hasn't stopped thinking about technique. When he STOPS doing that and turns up & plays the golf course he will win again.

(Not D_P's words but those of Ken Brown & Richard Boxtall the telly taters) but I have to say I agree with them

Agree with the unregistered thingy but that will just be a part of the bigger post Tevez row. HOPEFULLY they\ll still end up a place abovethefew

On the DOWN side, cannot believe I went to a mate's 50th tonight & ended up STUCK in coversation with a Skate... Luckily after the Mirage jokes I bored him with Golf stories and he left early - phew

They've been taken over 3 (possibly 4) times

1) Dr (LOL) Al fatty

2) Mirage

3) Chinny

4) Chinny again buying them out of admin

They are clearly a very attractive prospect. Imagine what could have happened if they had a half decent stadium or, god forbid, some fans to even begin to fill one.

I disagree.

A takeover usually suggests that money has been paid for a club.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe any money has been handed over on any of those occasions.

I disagree.

A takeover usually suggests that money has been paid for a club.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe any money has been handed over on any of those occasions.

Dr fatty paid. I forget how much (and can't be bothered to dig back that far), remember that during the first few weeks / days the few thought the saviuor had finally arrived with his billions. Sasha definately didn't let him have it for nothing.

When dr fatty sold to the invisible man he also made a huge deal out the "fact". That he had made a profit. Although I seem to recall that this was only due to him retaining a 5% or so stake.

Chinny didn't pay anything to mirage, and hasn't yet paid anything to the administrator.

before we define whether a takeover has in reality taken place thus rendering this thread redundant, I think we need to accept that the 755 page juggernaut has evolved into a vehicle for all Skate issues.

I see no end, we've created a monster.

The only way this thread can close is if pompey do nothing illegal for a bit, and are punished for all past crimes, both of which could occur anytime.*

The job to edit 'the best of' into a written form should only take the thread instigator about two years.

*not really!

,,,,,,.......?!'''

Quality post!!:lol::lol:

Dr fatty paid. I forget how much (and can't be bothered to dig back that far), remember that during the first few weeks / days the few thought the saviuor had finally arrived with his billions. Sasha definately didn't let him have it for nothing.

When dr fatty sold to the invisible man he also made a huge deal out the "fact". That he had made a profit. Although I seem to recall that this was only due to him retaining a 5% or so stake.

Chinny didn't pay anything to mirage, and hasn't yet paid anything to the administrator.

Lol at your naivety :)

I'm sure the liquidators report will show that no money has changed hands! I think Phil proved many many pages ago that the Ice cream man did in fact have no money in the first place!

Besides, if he made a huge profit by retaining 5% of a bankrupt entity, then I'm guessing that his initial outlay was in fact £0 - that's got to be the only way to make a profit from the skates isn't it :)

I'm sure the liquidators report will show that no money has changed hands! I think Phil proved many many pages ago that the Ice cream man did in fact have no money in the first place!

Besides, if he made a huge profit by retaining 5% of a bankrupt entity, then I'm guessing that his initial outlay was in fact £0 - that's got to be the only way to make a profit from the skates isn't it :)

Actually Weston, Dr Fatty did pay for the club and Clapham Saint is probably one of the best placed posters to comment on it.

As for whether a takeover without cash is indeed a takeover. The greatest club in the land was taken over without a penny changing hands ;););)

Actually Weston, Dr Fatty did pay for the club and Clapham Saint is probably one of the best placed posters to comment on it.

As for whether a takeover without cash is indeed a takeover. The greatest club in the land was taken over without a penny changing hands ;););)

Do you honestly believe he coughed up the cash?

D_P proved he had no money - he'd even been fired from his last job hadn't he?

Yet, we are to believe he paid £10m for the club! How / why did he do this, when even the most basic due dilligence from a non qualified accountant would have showed the club to be in debt to the tune of about £75m at that time! £10m to buy a club worth minus £75m is lunacy in anyone's book!

Then add the fact that afterwards when he went 'missing' on his chess tournament he was found to be living in pretty much the same location as Gayboy in Russia! My conclusion, Gayboy wanted shot of the club so he wasn't responsible for the outgoings / debt, whilst still retaining a hold over the ground, buildings, car park etc. A story gets fabricated to 'sell' the club to the Ice cream man and hey presto, a new owner that gets Gayboy off the hook. I don't believe any money changed hands, just the title of ownership of the debts.

I'm not convinced we'll ever know the truth of what went on back then, but maybe the liquidators will find an unshredded document somewhere that will get us closer.....

You, never

You know, it's spreading. Adam on Solent actually spent a few minutes this afternoon explaining how Chris Temple was a serial Shanker..

Meanwhile such a massive chance for the few today to make that statement of intent and close the gap with so many poor draws in the NPC

And

oops

Yet, we are to believe he paid £10m for the club! How / why did he do this, when even the most basic due dilligence from a non qualified accountant would have showed the club to be in debt to the tune of about £75m at that time! £10m to buy a club worth minus £75m is lunacy in anyone's book!

Then add the fact that afterwards when he went 'missing' on his chess tournament he was found to be living in pretty much the same location as Gayboy in Russia! My conclusion, Gayboy wanted shot of the club so he wasn't responsible for the outgoings / debt, whilst still retaining a hold over the ground, buildings, car park etc. A story gets fabricated to 'sell' the club to the Ice cream man and hey presto, a new owner that gets Gayboy off the hook. I don't believe any money changed hands, just the title of ownership of the debts.

I'm not convinced we'll ever know the truth of what went on back then, but maybe the liquidators will find an unshredded document somewhere that will get us closer.....

Pretty good analysis WSS.

There is one gap in the story that keeps being forgotten. Of course it is "only" a rumoured allegation.

Casting the mind back (not easy this time of night after THAT result today) but I mentioned that dear old LLS did some Due Dilligence on Dr Fatty, One little snippet that I didn't let slip way back when was that I had a coffee with Dr Fatty's "man" (at Starbucks in Mercator) for perfectionists. Let's call him "Peter".

So as we all know from our many many takeover threads the normal process is "I wanna buy your football club" followed by Yawn, do you have a Yacht?

The very next question we have learnt off by heart - Do you have proof of funds?

Now, this is where things got very very vague the whole Manchester City story came out (hahahaha) where he was the owner for what a day or two and then disappeared faster than you could say - Etihad. Then followed the "made very good connections from that episode"....

Again, as we also had learnt the many rules - hell even old thicko Phil worked out that the geezer in Abu Dhabi wasn't about to buy TWO English Football clubs and saying it was the Cousin's Brother's Uncle wouldn't work... and the answer was, oh no it is a former PL team owner and important Politician who has fallen in love with Football and wants to stay involved...

Now I MAY have been wrong, but IMHO that narrowed it down to a possibility of about ONE person. Which was met with a "I don't think that will work" "Oh no the money is in a trust/investment fund in a Swiss bank" Oh no that won't work you need the beneficial owner and proof it is his money" Oh that is easy to do" "Oh really so you have proof of funds transfers from..."

and then a chat ensued about Dr's wealth and importance.... Obviously (Mr Proxy Server CID Min of Interior) I take all such dealings with high profile UAE Nationals seriously and reported my findings to "The right people".

When they stopped laughing, we were strangely surprised to see Dr F revealed as the new Billionaire saviour of PCFC....

There then came a series of conversations about funds transfers from Switzerland, and some speculation on here regarding the possible identity of the Important Politician and former PL team owner.... And suddenly Dr F had no money coming from Switzerland...

Basically in short. An amateur like me and a nutjob like LLS worked out where DrF's money was coming from. We could see it would never be i) acceptable to us even to stop Admin and ii) would never get past the FA/FL... And yet Peter Storrie and co went and rolled out the red carpet.

My personal guess is that DrF had a backer who told him what to do, he may well have put up some of his credit card balance to get into the club believing he was flipping it within days and making a killing on commission....

And of course I may have been on the Magners since kick-off this afternoon so that may all be drunken ramblings

HTH

Edited by dubai_phil

Naivety doesn't really come into it. I was just stating facts (as best we know them anyway).

If you have the time you can almost certainly find out how much Dr fatty paid by trawling back through this thread. From recolection it was £5m - £10m but am happy to be corrected. Do you really think that Sasha will have given him the club for nothing?

As for the liquidators report, if you read what I wrote you'll see that we actually agree. The consideration is all deferred and none has yet been paid. I wouldn't be at all surprised if none is ever paid.

EDIT: Actually, being honest saying that I'm stating "Facts" is probably a bit OTT. It is possible that no money changed hands but I doubt it.

Edited by Clapham Saint

You're assuming that Dr Fatty wasn't (isn't) an idiotic gob****e.

I can beleive that he could get his hands on a loan of £5m-£10m if only on a short term basis. I would guess that he then shat himself when he had to find the funds to pay it back and was forced to sell again. the 5% was only ever a token gesture to allow him to pretend that he hadn't done a stupid deal and attempt to save face.

Regardless of anything else I beleive that Sasha is a LOT more on the ball than fatty and will not have given the club away without being paid something.

Handicap of 24 at the time I shot 86 at the Doral Blue Monster course, the man NEEDS me...

OK I saw him up close and TBH he will be krap. He still hasn't stopped thinking about technique. When he STOPS doing that and turns up & plays the golf course he will win again.

On the DOWN side, cannot believe I went to a mate's 50th tonight & ended up STUCK in coversation with a Skate... Luckily after the Mirage jokes I bored him with Golf stories and he left early - phew

Finally after 755 pages and 37715 posts something beleivable is posted :lol: :lol: ;)

Sorry matey couldn't resist it!!

Finally after 755 pages and 37715 posts something beleivable is posted :lol: :lol: ;)

Sorry matey couldn't resist it!!

:lol: :lol: ;)

It's not often I have to revert to the WMD option to get rid of someone, but Jeez he went on and on and on and on attractive opportunity, invested this season for the future, so I just gave him both barrels.

no wonder no one goes to watch them anymore, sounds like Boro was the worst game for ages.

Cotterill always keep you entertained though......

When we have a poor game I come out and say “yes, we were poor”, I don’t try to spin anything.

He then goes on to spin -

‘We could have been three up at half-time with the chances we had and there were a couple of calls for a penalty – you might not get one but might get another.

So it sounds like plucky little pompey were unlucky not to win 5-0.

He forgot to mention that Boro wasted a one-on-one late on.

I wonder if he realises that after five criminal years at number 1 they are heading for 3rd or 4th on the south coast.

Where's the Russian cavalry, or have they been shot again?

Where's the Russian cavalry, or have they been shot again?

Apparently the russians are cliaming on facebook that this will be an interesting week with pompey developments.

I'm not sure billionares normally use facebook as thier PR vehicle, hey ho

Apparently the russians are cliaming on facebook that this will be an interesting week with pompey developments.

What do you search for on FB to find them? Russian Billionaires?? Russian Skate Saviours, Russian Tyre-Kickers or lifelongrussianfantasists??

Gaydamak moves the bulldozers into his carpark, pointing firmly at the stadium? :)

Russian Billionaires: ''We're gonna buy Pompy and make them great again! J/K we're gonna rape and pillage the accounts like everyone else''

Saints Fans Like This.

Pretty good analysis WSS.

There is one gap in the story that keeps being forgotten. Of course it is "only" a rumoured allegation.

Casting the mind back (not easy this time of night after THAT result today) but I mentioned that dear old LLS did some Due Dilligence on Dr Fatty, One little snippet that I didn't let slip way back when was that I had a coffee with Dr Fatty's "man" (at Starbucks in Mercator) for perfectionists. Let's call him "Peter".

So as we all know from our many many takeover threads the normal process is "I wanna buy your football club" followed by Yawn, do you have a Yacht?

The very next question we have learnt off by heart - Do you have proof of funds?

Now, this is where things got very very vague the whole Manchester City story came out (hahahaha) where he was the owner for what a day or two and then disappeared faster than you could say - Etihad. Then followed the "made very good connections from that episode"....

Again, as we also had learnt the many rules - hell even old thicko Phil worked out that the geezer in Abu Dhabi wasn't about to buy TWO English Football clubs and saying it was the Cousin's Brother's Uncle wouldn't work... and the answer was, oh no it is a former PL team owner and important Politician who has fallen in love with Football and wants to stay involved...

Now I MAY have been wrong, but IMHO that narrowed it down to a possibility of about ONE person. Which was met with a "I don't think that will work" "Oh no the money is in a trust/investment fund in a Swiss bank" Oh no that won't work you need the beneficial owner and proof it is his money" Oh that is easy to do" "Oh really so you have proof of funds transfers from..."

and then a chat ensued about Dr's wealth and importance.... Obviously (Mr Proxy Server CID Min of Interior) I take all such dealings with high profile UAE Nationals seriously and reported my findings to "The right people".

When they stopped laughing, we were strangely surprised to see Dr F revealed as the new Billionaire saviour of PCFC....

There then came a series of conversations about funds transfers from Switzerland, and some speculation on here regarding the possible identity of the Important Politician and former PL team owner.... And suddenly Dr F had no money coming from Switzerland...

Basically in short. An amateur like me and a nutjob like LLS worked out where DrF's money was coming from. We could see it would never be i) acceptable to us even to stop Admin and ii) would never get past the FA/FL... And yet Peter Storrie and co went and rolled out the red carpet.

My personal guess is that DrF had a backer who told him what to do, he may well have put up some of his credit card balance to get into the club believing he was flipping it within days and making a killing on commission....

And of course I may have been on the Magners since kick-off this afternoon so that may all be drunken ramblings

HTH

Can anyone figure out what this guy is talking about?

*** WARNING *** Major LOLage ahead.

Received this email from some Pompey organisation earlier (christ knows how)

and I quote....

Clare Martin, who runs the Pompey Study Centre, outlined four key programmes which are running in 2011:

• Passion for Pompey - poetry with local community radio station Express FM. Volunteers are needed to help youngsters develop their creative writing skills through their Passion for Pompey. (PFC obviously looking for someone to dream up some more player contracts)

• Fratton Art - Spray Up Pompey! Volunteers can bring their families and create themed artwork to brighten up the walls of the stadium (yes, someone please improve this 'stadium' for free)

• Stadium Challenge/Dragons' Den. Dragons required to assess youngsters' proposals for a re-designed stadium! (trying to find new owners no doubt)

• 'My Pompey DVD' digital editing days at Fratton Park. Lend your creative and technical skills to help youngsters create and edit their own Pompey DVD. (i.e you will be producing the 2010/11 End of Season DVD)

Haha... :D Nice to see that Pompey have taken Dave's 'Big Society' on board. Don't think Dave meant running a football club though.

*** WARNING *** Major LOLage ahead.

Received this email from some Pompey organisation earlier (christ knows how)

and I quote....

Clare Martin, who runs the Pompey Study Centre, outlined four key programmes which are running in 2011:

• Passion for Pompey - poetry with local community radio station Express FM. Volunteers are needed to help youngsters develop their creative writing skills through their Passion for Pompey. (PFC obviously looking for someone to dream up some more player contracts)

• Fratton Art - Spray Up Pompey! Volunteers can bring their families and create themed artwork to brighten up the walls of the stadium (yes, someone please improve this 'stadium' for free)

• Stadium Challenge/Dragons' Den. Dragons required to assess youngsters' proposals for a re-designed stadium! (trying to find new owners no doubt)

• 'My Pompey DVD' digital editing days at Fratton Park. Lend your creative and technical skills to help youngsters create and edit their own Pompey DVD. (i.e you will be producing the 2010/11 End of Season DVD)

Haha... :D Nice to see that Pompey have taken Dave's 'Big Society' on board. Don't think Dave meant running a football club though.

They stopped being a community radio station about 3 years ago

Gaydamak moves the bulldozers into his carpark, pointing firmly at the stadium? :)

Russian Billionaires: ''We're gonna buy Pompy and make them great again! J/K we're gonna rape and pillage the accounts like everyone else''

Saints Fans Like This.

Not much chance of that. After Chinny has scarpered I think they'll find the cupboard very bare.

Actually, they probably won't even find a cupboard.