Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Love the analogy but what are the chances of them getting the empty chamber? Pretty high I'd say... dirty, cheating bast4rds.

They are living a charmed life. Injustices Tart and Mann, favours from both the PL and FL, the bumbling incompetent HMRC, getting away with blatant cheating left, right and centre, etc. Even this season with their "paper thin" squad they've had remarkably few serious injuries. One could almost believe they've had a pact with the devil, except that it's hard to believe the devil would stoop so low as to do business with the cheating, lying bastards.

Edited by Dark Munster

Talking of the devil I've been having a few OldNick moments, myself. It just seems written that their pact with the dark one will sneak them into & through the play-offs as we stumble around, undone by our own ineptitude, and fall short of what is required. Suddenly that light at the end of the tunnel is looking alarmingly locomotive-like.

Talking of the devil I've been having a few OldNick moments, myself. It just seems written that their pact with the dark one will sneak them into & through the play-offs as we stumble around, undone by our own ineptitude, and fall short of what is required. Suddenly that light at the end of the tunnel is looking alarmingly locomotive-like.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks OldNick and his they'll get away with it was right all along. While we fester for yet another season on League One. Feeling very pessimistic all of a sudden.

I'm seriously starting to think they'll be in a better position than we are on 2 March 2012.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read your post properly. Well, I don't think they will go down. They have a team of highly paid Prem players. They will probably be screwed next year though.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read your post properly. Well, I don't think they will go down. They have a team of highly paid Prem players. They will probably be screwed next year though.

Missed your first post! weren't we saying the bit in bold last year though. They seem to lead very charmed lives. Roll on a couple of losses, Cotterill moaning and normal service again please, I can't take this.

It's all about them not going up this year. Should they stay down then a good few years of belt tightening should see their squad quality decline and a slow fall down the leagues.

If they don't go up this season I reckon they'll plummet down faster than a lift whose cable has snapped.

Do people seriously think they will make the play-offs?

No chance.

7 points off the play-offs with 12 games to go, and their next games are

Sheffield Utd (23rd)

Bristol City (17th)

Middlesbrough (20th)

Leicester (7th)

Reading (10th)

Preston (24th)

Coventry (18th)

On current form they could get right back in it. 5 of their next 7 teams are near the bottom of the league and the other two are fellow play off chasers. I certainly wouldn't rule them out just yet

Edited by JackFrost

please try and avoid my world where I see the few getting away with it. I swear that a Pompey fan opened a bottle and a genie popped out and granted 3 wishes. It would be like a puppy playing with a ball of wool how our hopes are raised only for them to be dashed again. can you imagine the media and the 'Fairytale of Pompey' comong back from the dead and making the PL again? i notice the media rarely say Portsmouth but Pompey, sick bags all round

Barry Hearn on Talksport now saying how he hates clubs that gamble money they haven't got. He calls them "fur coat, no knickers" clubs. Says they are a disgrace, put their egos above common sense and put local business and the club at risk. Says the 10 point penalty is a joke and Clubs should be relegated 2 leagues. Says he understands the sports business and how a football club has a role in the community, but it needs to be sustainable. He says everyone has ambition, but it needs to be realistic ambition. He is talking an increadable amount of common sense.

Hearn just a told a story of how Orients ground was available to buy for £350,000, he said that he would put that amount in out of his own pocket. He went to the fans and asked them if they would rather he bought the ground off the council for the £350,000 or invest it in a centre forward. He said 85% of supporters voted for a new centre forward,so he ignored the vote telling them “that’s why you’ll never have a say in running this club”. His point was that the owners need to do what’s best for the club and not be swayed by Managers or supporters. There should be more owners like him in the game.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Hearn just a told a story of how Orients ground was available to buy for £350,000, he said that he would put that amount in out of his own pocket. He went to the fans and asked them if they would rather he bought the ground off the council for the £350,000 or invest it in a centre forward. He said 85% of supporters voted for a new centre forward,so he ignored the vote telling them “that’s why you’ll never have a say in running this club”. His point was that the owners need to do what’s best for the club and not be swayed by Managers or supporters. There should be more owners like him in the game.

Although, to be fair, If we'd closed the Academy for the last year in the PL and invested in a PROPER Centre Half.......

But yes Hearn talks sense

It's still the hope that kills you...

Well the hope that Saints will be promoted this year is really getting to me as everytime I feel

all is going well....bang it stops.

Mind you hoping cheating Pimpey will finally get stuffed raises my hopes and then Lucifer comes to their

rescue again and again and my hopes about them are dashed..

Perhaps wishing Pimpey are brought to account is causing bad Karma which in turn comes back to hit Saints ? :(:(

well that's always interesting reading, there's few places to hide on a balance sheet.

Experts in this field will be able to give more insight but my understanding is that the club is still a cash cow for the arms dealer - £8K a month (?) in rent for offices and car park plus a ransom fee of £250K to smooth the way with the bank, but that pales into insignificance - is that an estimated potential £40M in transfer fees from the 2010 financial statement that fooled the Prem and will drive the cva, BUT it has thus far generated just £7.4M?

If that is the case it could equate to a £30M shortfall by the summer.

AA is suggesting that the club employs 510 people, he still implies that these are full time.

At all levels, Hacker staff average hourly rate for admin work? - £222, nice.

pompey have ploughed money into the future and invested in an academy - total amount invested thus far - £10K - a figure which has already gone on rent.

The club took nearly a 50% cut of the Primus charity match income for expenses.....

Charities now paid but the small businesses that were promised their debts under £2,500 in May last year still wait - this was a personal pledge by the owner.

In the sale of the club to Chanrai there is a freehold property figure - is that Fratton Park coming in at £7M?

Wages seem to be about £700K a month, a significant drop, though I couldn't see the fee costs of loan players - to put into context, Haim's cost would add approx £170K to the total monthly wagebill of the 510.

My two favourites - the overpaid players who wanted legal advice during admin - the club paid £37K for this, just consider that for a mo, players on £40K a week wanted help, the club paid for it......and a little gem - they were late with the VAT payment in the last quarter - an odd oversight if all is rosy in the garden.

That missed £150K payment was a massive drop from previous periods, indicating a massive drop in income.

I also note that the US tour that was fully paid for by sponsors and didn't cost the club a penny, as suspected did in reality cost the club a few pennies.

Got bored after this - someone else can study it and tell us where the business is actually heading, feel free to correct anything but be aware of NI etc before you get too clever. :)

well that's always interesting reading, there's few places to hide on a balance sheet.

Experts in this field will be able to give more insight but my understanding is that the club is still a cash cow for the arms dealer - £8K a month (?) in rent for offices and car park plus a ransom fee of £250K to smooth the way with the bank, but that pales into insignificance - is that an estimated potential £40M in transfer fees from the 2010 financial statement that fooled the Prem and will drive the cva, BUT it has thus far generated just £7.4M?

If that is the case it could equate to a £30M shortfall by the summer.

AA is suggesting that the club employs 510 people, he still implies that these are full time.

At all levels, Hacker staff average hourly rate for admin work? - £222, nice.

pompey have ploughed money into the future and invested in an academy - total amount invested thus far - £10K - a figure which has already gone on rent.

The club took nearly a 50% cut of the Primus charity match income for expenses.....

Charities now paid but the small businesses that were promised their debts under £2,500 in May last year still wait - this was a personal pledge by the owner.

In the sale of the club to Chanrai there is a freehold property figure - is that Fratton Park coming in at £7M?

Wages seem to be about £700K a month, a significant drop, though I couldn't see the fee costs of loan players - to put into context, Haim's cost would add approx £170K to the total monthly wagebill of the 510.

My two favourites - the overpaid players who wanted legal advice during admin - the club paid £37K for this, just consider that for a mo, players on £40K a week wanted help, the club paid for it......and a little gem - they were late with the VAT payment in the last quarter - an odd oversight if all is rosy in the garden.

That missed £150K payment was a massive drop from previous periods, indicating a massive drop in income.

I also note that the US tour that was fully paid for by sponsors and didn't cost the club a penny, as suspected did in reality cost the club a few pennies.

Got bored after this - someone else can study it and tell us where the business is actually heading, feel free to correct anything but be aware of NI etc before you get too clever. :)

"it was necessary to pay a ransom payment to AG of 50% of the monies held. I

advise that a total of £249,064.77 was therefore paid to AG."

Hillarious!

And thats before he does you for the car park!

We had chaps like Crouch, who wouldnt dream of ever holding the club to ransom...

"reaching agreements with all players and former players in respect of their

outstanding bonuses whereby they will be paid off over a period of time"

Quality, Sol Cambells legacy lives on!

"Portpin hold a deed of priority over the freehold stadium, known as Fratton Park, in priority to

Barclays and AG’s debenture."

So Chinnys first up, then the bank, then Gaddy in who owns the £7.5m sooper stadium!

Chinnys 20m, plus gaddys 3, plus meeting the crazy valuation on the liability/stadium, you could buy Reading for far less, or any modern set up for that matter.

Gaddy had a big say (bung?) in who the liquidators will be.

Annoying that they made 2m on the second FA cup sham.

good to see Storrie still gets a mention (for his £90k post firing 'consultancy fees')

Interesting that Inter Milan still refuse to pay what they owe for Suli Muntari until the situation with Udinese is settled in court. And that Genoa seem to be drip feeding the KP Boateng transfer money slower than they agreed to for no reason whatsoever.

I see paying up the contacts of Éric Gauthier Mahoto, Gael Nlundulu, Danijel Subotic, James Hurst, Jordan Hughes and Papa Bouba Diop cost them £330,000. Mind you they'll get that back if QPR go up with £400,000 extra due for the Tommy Smith transfer.

"At this stage it is not believed that Ex‐Player Compromise Agreements, Image Rights or Employee

Benefit Trusts are classed as football creditors. This will be reviewed further by the duly appointed

Liquidator"

Well surprise surprise ... moving the goalposts again ... these were stated as football creditors in the CVA:

Unsecured creditors 105,722,574

Deduct football creditor

liabilities per the Estimated

Statement of Affairs

Transfer fees 17,303,818

Player bonus 1,250,638

Player image rights 1,504,151

Compromise Agreement 785,000

EBT 1,540,000

Revised Balance 83,338,967

20 pence in the pound approx. £16.5 million

"Compulsory Liquidation is deemed appropriate, that Andrew Andronikou, Peter Kubik and

Michael Kiely are appointed as Joint Compulsory Liquidators of the Company, ....

Prior to this meeting both HMRC and Taylor Wessing, representing Sacha Gaydamak’s associated

companies, requested that a meeting be called rather than these resolutions being considered by

correspondence.

On 18 January 2011 the meeting took place.* * I confirm that whilst the resolution to exit via

Compulsory Liquidation was passed, both HMRC and Taylor Wessing, together representing a

considerably large percentage of creditors, requested that Mr Geoffrey Lambert Carton‐Kelly and Mr

David Paul Hudson of Baker Tilly be appointed Joint Liquidators ..."

So it was HMRC combined with Gaydamak that have resulted in UHY not being liquidator...

So that's 6 wins/clean sheets in a row, they really have got a second wind.

Fortunately Leeds and Burnley both won as well so they haven't really closed the gap

Big plus today relegation favorites at start of season, we have crossed that hurdle, One in the eye for Mr Booooooooooookie.

Another good day all round for the south coast,

Getting promoted is not the panacea for them that everyone thinks.

1. They forfeit the parachute payments they have already spent

2. They will have to buy a whole new SQUAD.

Go up and you get £30m minimum TV money for that first season, not to mention another £48m of parachute payments should you go down the following season. So even if they have spent a large chunk of the parachute payments they will still be a lot better off. Yes a lot of players are out of contract, but that is a blessing in many ways as it gets high earners like Hughes off the payroll and they can sign better players on less wages. OK so having only 8 contracted players is a problem, but the likes of Nugent will sign a new deal without question should they be promoted so that squad will quickly bulk out. Promotion will be a godsend to them.

But the problem is that they will get £30m min for finishing as the biggest laughing stock in the Prem and then be guaranteed £48m in parachute payments - so that's £75m over 5 years. So even if they've spent £16m in advance of the current parachute payments, that's still another £59m to be trousered by Chinny over the next few years. That's the key - even if they do get back to the Prem watch Chinny change his tune about being a reluctant owner!!

My point was they will be the biggest laughing stock in history, or have to massively overspend to get 17th place. It will all end in tears, the stakes will just get higher and higher if they get promotion (which I do not think will happen).

As mentioned above they'll get 30M plus a fresh 4 years of parachute payments (which is bullshit - if a team only stays up one season they should only get 1 year of parachute payment, especially in the Cheat's case).

I doubt Chinny will bother buying a whole squad, other than a bunch of youngsters and cheap rejects to fulfill the fixtures. Even if they finish on a lower points total than Derby he'll still be laughing all the way to the bank.

The DSFCBs getting promoted really is the nightmare scenario from our point of view. All their financial woes go away - they can pay off the creditors from the loose change, they actually start with a clean sheet, squadwise, which is better than a lot of CCC standard players you can't unload, and suddenly people will want to buy them again. It will be the final proof that there is no justice in the world, particularly if we continue toiling away, trying to do things legitimately, and fail to get out of League One.

Falling short, though, and things don't look that clever. More and more it seems that they have gambled the club's entire future on promotion this year and at present that ball is still rolling round the wheel.......

If they get promoted then it is good news for Chanrai as it will make it easier to convinve some mug to buy him out. Obviously they will remain a club with a lower league infrastructure so yes, unless they spunk loads of cash they will no doubt get relegated again pretty soon.

Anyway, there is not a cat in hell's chance of them going up so it doesn't matter.

On paper, they have a lot of winnable games to come and they are on an amazing run so the payoffs are possible.

On grass, they have a significant gap to close and the games are running out.

I still see them falling short and finishing maybe two or three points adrift of salvation.

7th or 8th would be a good season for a club desperately facing up to life post-admin, but an appalling effort for the most expensive XI in the division.

Funnily enough both of us are facing up to a crunch of a season where we have paid more than most people in the division so we have to go up - Adkins is closer to delivering than Cotterill, but both divisions could go either way.

Tis a funny old game, I do hope we are laughing in May.....

On paper, they have a lot of winnable games to come and they are on an amazing run so the payoffs are possible.

On grass, they have a significant gap to close and the games are running out.

I still see them falling short and finishing maybe two or three points adrift of salvation.

7th or 8th would be a good season for a club desperately facing up to life post-admin, but an appalling effort for the most expensive XI in the division.

Funnily enough both of us are facing up to a crunch of a season where we have paid more than most people in the division so we have to go up - Adkins is closer to delivering than Cotterill, but both divisions could go either way.

Tis a funny old game, I do hope we are laughing in May.....

This is right, although they have Leicester away shortly which will be tricky. Leeds and Burnely also have a lot of winnable games coming up.

The fact is, that unless Leeds have a really big slump, the Skates would need to produce Championship winning form for the rest of the season to make up 7 or 8 points in 11 games. And this on the back of a 6 game winning run. Can't see it happening; they will have one or two bad results sooner or later and that will be the end of it.

Said it before, I'll say it again, the PL deserve them, it will be their worst nightmare.

This is the other thing, the last thing the PL want is for Pompey to go back up again. They were and still will be a complete embarrassment to the PL brand.

Even if they did manage to sneak into the play-offs I bet words will be exchanged behind closed doors and the FL will come up with some points deduction and use Storrie's tax case as an excuse.

And if Storrie is found guilty and Pompey get a points deduction that sends them down to League 1 then I will start the petition to give Peter Storrie the freedom of the city of Southampton

Isn't there a clause in their C.V.A. which allows for increased payments to creditors should their finances improve during the course of the C.V.A.?

Yeah but it's peanuts, probably 2p extra in the pound or something daft.

I actually hope they go close to going up, it would make it even funnier next year when they try to rebuild their whole squad on peanuts.

The news that image rights monies and agents fees are not footballing debts is good news and should be publicised.

Agents and players will look harder at the Micky Mouse finances at the club they are going to with fear they will not get all their money.

It gives the honest clubs an advantage.

The news that image rights monies and agents fees are not footballing debts is good news and should be publicised.

Agents and players will look harder at the Micky Mouse finances at the club they are going to with fear they will not get all their money.

It gives the honest clubs an advantage.

When has that been decided? And does that add weight to HMRC's case's?

my skate mate said over the weekend "after all that has happened, it will never be the same again"

so credit to us all for that, as i pasted pretty much every daming article on this thread onto his facebook page. it was relentless at times, but it was neccessary...

I very briefly felt sorry for him, then I cried 'one day i asked my mother'

I suggested Aldershot might be wortha look, improved matchday facilities too!

http://www.uhy-uk.com/media/download/portsmouth%20reports/Final%20progress%20report.pdf

Portsmouth City Football Club Limited

Final Progress Report to Creditors

Transfer fees £17,303,818

Players’ bonuses £1,250,638

Ex‐Players’ Compromise Agreements £785,000

Players’ Image Rights £1,504,151

Employee Benefit Trust £1,540,000

As you are aware, a number of football clubs were owed monies in respect of transfer fees and have

been paid directly by the PL from current parachute payments.

The PL previously advised that the football creditor category consists of football clubs and players/

staff, in respect of wages only.PFC10 are currently reaching agreements with all players and former players in respect of their

outstanding bonuses whereby they will be paid off over a period of time.

At this stage it is not believed that Ex‐Player Compromise Agreements, Image Rights or Employee

Benefit Trusts are classed as football creditors. This will be reviewed further by the duly appointed

Liquidator.