Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Nice of PFC to provide some new fodder for my entertainment - its been a few days.

I'm quite impressed that the few have managed to work out that:-

1) 2.5% increase in VAT plus 3% Football League levy does not equate to a 20-odd % increase in ticket prices, and

2) That they have no protection if they pay in cash so no-one wants to risk the early-bird renewal when they can't use a credit card.

Don't they realise PFC need some serious cash for new players....seems they all think BC is going trouser the ST cash. Such faith in the owner.

Methinks there could be plenty of humour coming from the wrong end of the M27 to keep us amused over the close season.

Can I just be a little pedantic. VAT increasing from 17.5% to 20% is a 2.1% increase in prices. (120/117.5 = 1.0212765)

and a lot of the teams around the play-offs had poor results.

You only need another 3 saturdays like this to have any hope.

Any hope of entering the Russian roulette with three chambers out of four filled. Still, the few have to clutch at whatever straws they can.

It's the hope that kills you.

It seems the few have found a new straw to grasp in their efforts to prove they are the best supported club in the South.

PtId14

Monday, March 21, 2011 at 12:36 PM

We need more time to pay ST (12 days is ridiculous), no shouldwants to use "zebra" finance and credit card payment won't cost any more to PFC in phase 2 than in phase 1!!?? @1: Pompey Last home gate 78% capacity. Soton Last home gate 63% capacity....?? P.U.P

So using Skate logic - if Eastleigh got 2,500 fans at Stoneham (83% capacity) - that would make them the best supported club in the South.

It seems the few have found a new straw to grasp in their efforts to prove they are the best supported club in the South.

So using Skate logic - if Eastleigh got 2,500 fans at Stoneham (83% capacity) - that would make them the best supported club in the South.

Well, that about sums them up, lol.

I think it's also worth reminding them of their away attendances in recent PL years: 100 odd at Bolton x 2, 140 odd at Wigan/Sunderland, 200 x Boro... LMFAO

Maths isn't a strong point down there and it is not worth arguing with them.

It reminds me of the threads and posts on their message board about how they were only 130 million in debt and Man Utd and Liverpool were much worse, but weren't getting any punishment.

I'm amazed they have managed to work out that the clubs reason for the increase in season tickets was due to a 3% levy from the FA and an increase in VAT of 2.5%, when in real terms the rise was over 12%. They must have had a tip off.

all those extra fingers, but still incapable of basic maths.

Could do with Reading turning them over as the few have two very cushy home games coming up and the form being shown by some in the playoff places is poor.

Wouldn't want them to miss out on local derbies next season - unless of course they get dumped down two divisions by a court ruling.

they are close to the play-offs and you just know they are going to ruin the party. If BC had spent a bit in the window they could well have made an easy run to the PL.

Can't see the PL being overjoyed at the possibility of their return. If it starts looking possible expect there to be 'emergencies' that require their loan players to return to their parent clubs, etc.

they are close to the play-offs and you just know they are going to ruin the party. If BC had spent a bit in the window they could well have made an easy run to the PL.

If they miss out on 6th place by a point or so Chinny is really going to be kicking himself.

At least he'll take comfort in trousering the remaining millions from the remaining parachute monies and whatever assets are left. Of course his disappointment will pale in comparison to that of the few, as their hopes get cruelly crushed, and after they gaze on the ruins of their cesspit of a club.

:lol:

Edited by Dark Munster

At least many of the residents of East Hampshire are keeping themselves busy with paving jobs: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-12534446

Oi! Many more Saints than Pompey fans around Alton (as opposd to the pikey Bordon and Petersfield further east). A lot to do with the fact that in the old days there was a direct train from Alton to Soton (now the Watercress steam line) that us kids used to catch to see Saints. Must have been the Skate pikeys from Bordon who nickerd those stones - there's a lot of it about!

all those extra fingers, but still incapable of basic maths.

Could do with Reading turning them over as the few have two very cushy home games coming up and the form being shown by some in the playoff places is poor.

Wouldn't want them to miss out on local derbies next season - unless of course they get dumped down two divisions by a court ruling.

Evan though our two city's are bitter rivals it warms me to know that some of you pony boys really do have are interests at heart, LOLZ

I don't know why the few are moaning about season ticket terms for next season, why don't they just take out what is described as the club's finance agreement.

Surely the club's understanding of a financial agreement is for fans to order the season ticket and promise them £22 a year less expenses, over five seasons, maybe starting sometime in 2012/13....

Or does the club suddenly have a different view of debt when it's owed to them?

Cheap shot, but when the barrel is full of fish you just have to let off a few rounds!

Oi! Many more Saints than Pompey fans around Alton (as opposd to the pikey Bordon and Petersfield further east). A lot to do with the fact that in the old days there was a direct train from Alton to Soton (now the Watercress steam line) that us kids used to catch to see Saints. Must have been the Skate pikeys from Bordon who nickerd those stones - there's a lot of it about!

Tell me about it! Deep behind enemy lines here though it's amusing to see how much fewer skate shirts are being worn round these parts nowadays... :)

Have you seen their fixtures?

No chance.

Saturday, 2 April 2011

Reading v Portsmouth

Saturday, 9 April 2011

Portsmouth v Preston

Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Portsmouth v Coventry

Saturday, 16 April 2011

Cardiff v Portsmouth

Saturday, 23 April 2011

Portsmouth v Swansea

Monday, 25 April 2011

Burnley v Portsmouth

Saturday, 30 April 2011

Portsmouth v Norwich

Saturday, 7 May 2011

S****horpe v Portsmouth

Only a couple of easy games there, not enough for seven teams above them to mess up for them to get sixth... surely?

Saturday, 2 April 2011

Reading v Portsmouth

Saturday, 9 April 2011

Portsmouth v Preston

Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Portsmouth v Coventry

Saturday, 16 April 2011

Cardiff v Portsmouth

Saturday, 23 April 2011

Portsmouth v Swansea

Monday, 25 April 2011

Burnley v Portsmouth

Saturday, 30 April 2011

Portsmouth v Norwich

Saturday, 7 May 2011

S****horpe v Portsmouth

Only a couple of easy games there, not enough for seven teams above them to mess up for them to get sixth... surely?

Their away form will be the key if they are going to mount any sort of challenge. Hard to see them getting enough points from trips to Cardiff, Burnley and Reading to make up seven or so points. Plus home games to Norwich and Swansea will not be easy. Even if they do string some good results together, it is likely that Reading, Burnley or Forest will too. Reading have home fixtures against Preston, Sheff United, Derby, Leicester and the Skates. So all against teams lower than them.

I would rate their chances of making the play-offs as... *drum roll*... Jak Scheidt.

Edited by benjii

I am sure I am right in thinking the following. The reason for not allowing credit card payments and using a finance company or cash is as follows.

If you purchase through a credit card you are insured on the product for example I buy my season ticket but the club folds or goes into admin I can claim on my credit card get my money back. The difference here the credit card company will obtain it's money back from the club.

If I purchase using cash I have no insurance if the club goes into admin.

If I purchase using finance the contract is still with the club in the same as cash but the finance company has fronted the cash. So even if the club go into admin it is the finance company I owe and would have to pay them because I signed an agreement to state I would even though the club went into admin and I didn't get a season ticket.

Hmmmmmm. Something smells a bit fishy (more than usual)

I am sure I am right in thinking the following. The reason for not allowing credit card payments and using a finance company or cash is as follows.

If you purchase through a credit card you are insured on the product for example I buy my season ticket but the club folds or goes into admin I can claim on my credit card get my money back. The difference here the credit card company will obtain it's money back from the club.

If I purchase using cash I have no insurance if the club goes into admin.

If I purchase using finance the contract is still with the club in the same as cash but the finance company has fronted the cash. So even if the club go into admin it is the finance company I owe and would have to pay them because I signed an agreement to state I would even though the club went into admin and I didn't get a season ticket.

Hmmmmmm. Something smells a bit fishy (more than usual)

I'm not convinced it's quite as sinister as that.

This season, they have been receiving season ticket funds (paid for by card) from Barclays on a pro-rata basis as each home game is played. That means that a month with only one home game (as they had in December because of the crap weather) leaves them rather short in terms of cashflow.

Most clubs' season ticket holders will generally renew at the earliest opportunity in order to make the biggest saving. If Pompey can persuade the vast majority of those to pay by cash or cheque (i.e. methods that see the money go straight into the bank account of PFC Realisations Ltd), they've got all that cash up front and don't have to worry too much about the pro-rata releasing of credit card funds over the course of the season.

Of course, this could all backfire horrendously if the fans decide they can't/won't renew with cash or a cheque and will wait for the second sales stage and pay by card. Of course, the card merchant will take a percentage of all transactions anyway...

This season, they have been receiving season ticket funds (paid for by card) from Barclays on a pro-rata basis as each home game is played. That means that a month with only one home game (as they had in December because of the crap weather) leaves them rather short in terms of cashflow.

Most clubs' season ticket holders will generally renew at the earliest opportunity in order to make the biggest saving. If Pompey can persuade the vast majority of those to pay by cash or cheque (i.e. methods that see the money go straight into the bank account of PFC Realisations Ltd), they've got all that cash up front and don't have to worry too much about the pro-rata releasing of credit card funds over the course of the season.

Of course, this could all backfire horrendously if the fans decide they can't/won't renew with cash or a cheque and will wait for the second sales stage and pay by card. Of course, the card merchant will take a percentage of all transactions anyway...

Steve please stop ruining my conspiracy theories. ;)

Their away form will be the key if they are going to mount any sort of challenge. Hard to see them getting enough points from trips to Cardiff, Burnley and Reading to make up seven or so points. Plus home games to Norwich and Swansea will not be easy. Even if they do string some good results together, it is likely that Reading, Burnley or Forest will too. Reading have home fixtures against Preston, Sheff United, Derby, Leicester and the Skates. So all against teams lower than them.

I would rate their chances of making the play-offs as... *drum roll*... Jak Scheidt.

And don't forget, even if they make the playoffs, there are 3 of the better teams standing in their way to temporary salvation.

So that makes the Cheats chances of survival one quarter of Jack Schitt.

I believe PFC Realisations Ltd changed it's name to PORTSMOUTH FOOTBALL CLUB (2010) LIMITED (Company No. 07264768 ) awhile ago.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/1519a622a52c6c3f4052240f839f87e9/compdetails

Another reason they could want the money in early is their "big game" at Southwark Crown Court in the w/c 16 May (last date i've been given).

Get the money before HMRC's star player "Folder 29" bags a winner and the 10 points are lost. ?

they have put aside five weeks for Mr Redknapp's case starting in July, meaning a significant amount of evidence is being presented and leaving it running dangerously close to the new season should he end up managing Pele, random Ipswich players and Sylvester Stallone.

Meanwhile back in the nut house - Steve Cotterill has jetted to Thailand to give Pompey’s pre-season plans the seal of approval.

The Blues boss is using part of the international break to check out the facilities on offer in Asia, after receiving an offer to gear up for the new campaign there.

Yeah and Avram went to Horton Heath to buy a van.

Another holiday financed by taxpayers, they'd better get some season ticket cash in or he'll have nothing for duty free.

And if so, will it jeopardise his chances of getting the England job?

Knowing the FA they will probably give him the job the day before the verdict is due on a bumper 10 year deal with no ability to terminate without paying him £1bn for life.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/pompey_move_to_ease_season_ticket_backlash_from_fans_1_2529527

Update for you,Club refused to answer 1 question and some of the other answers are just flannel as far as i see it

So there merchants won't give them all the money upfront and will only drip feed it to them on a game by game basis (As per this season) I think I am right in saying that there are only two main merchants RBS and Streamline (I could be wrong) but that doesnt give them much negociating power. I don't think any of us will be surprised, but it does prove they really dont have any money. Where the squad for next season is coming from remains to be seen.

As for the question;

Q. In the event of the season ticket not being provided to the purchaser, will he or she still owe the full debt to Zebra?

A. The club refused to answer this question

I suspect that paper have phrased in a more sensational way than it was reported, but it does seem rather odd.

You go to zebra, they give the money to the club, club send you out season ticket, you pay zebra over xx months. I can't see the room for anything sinister in that series of events, but there again this is pompey.

Next season will be hilarious.

so if they are doing this so they have the season ticket money now, rather than drip fed, so they can limp on until the end of the season, how exactly are they going to fund the wages over the summer when there is no money coming in?, or the wages in Sept/Oct when theres only pay on the day money coming in?, because they have already spaffed the parachute money.they are actually going to be worse off come Sept because their cash flow will actually be a lot less than last year

Edited by Saint Keith

so if they are doing this so they have the season ticket money now, rather than drip fed, so they can limp on until the end of the season, how exactly are they going to fund the wages over the summer when there is no money coming in?, or the wages in Sept/Oct when theres only pay on the day money coming in?, because they have already spaffed the parachute money.they are actually going to be worse off come Sept because their cash flow will actually be a lot less than last year

I guess they can sell Lawrence at the end of the season .That should keep them afloat.

I guess they can sell Lawrence at the end of the season .That should keep them afloat.

I would bet a pound to a penny Lawerence will be off at the end of this season. His wages are over a million a year and they would likely get 2 million for him

Just to put that into context, 2 million represents reprents 2/3rds of all season ticket revenue.

He's gone...... Might not have to move to far for his new club:lol::lol:

I would bet a pound to a penny Lawerence will be off at the end of this season. His wages are over a million a year and they would likely get 2 million for him

Just to put that into context, 2 million represents reprents 2/3rds of all season ticket revenue.

He's gone...... Might not have to move to far for his new club:lol::lol:

Talking about getting players in, see the whets in the main stable are getting into a tizzy on whether Nicol-ass will be drafting in a lone or two, To ease your promotion wobble.

Why not plum for getting BWP back, He should manège to (NICK) goal or two,,,,,,Oh sorry he already has the other nite, Lolz,

Talking about getting players in, see the whets in the main stable are getting into a tizzy on whether Nicol-ass will be drafting in a lone or two, To ease your promotion wobble.

Why not plum for getting BWP back, He should manège to (NICK) goal or two,,,,,,Oh sorry he already has the other nite, Lolz,

Yes yes very good mackers. We''ll get someone in...I'm pretty confident of that.

How's the Riquelme deal coming on? Surely with your wage structure you can bring him in for the play-off push. ;)

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/pompey_move_to_ease_season_ticket_backlash_from_fans_1_2529527

Update for you,Club refused to answer 1 question and some of the other answers are just flannel as far as i see it

One thing we do learn from the article is that the new company is so grown up compared to the old company its even been allowed its own bank account.

One thing we do learn from the article is that the new company is so grown up compared to the old company its even been allowed its own bank account.

But not merchant facilities.

Just think your little corner shop, or take away is allowed them...... pompey are not

From that article :)

‘They take all the money and drip feed it back to us over the season in one 23rds,’ said Mr Storey, adding: ‘We just can’t do that so we’re renegotiating our position.’

I thought he'd left the club for good and gone to live in the tax exile of Hayling Island?

Are they really that stupid there that they have given him another bit of the cherry? Maybe he's got himself another of those £70k a month 'consultant' roles :D

From that article :)

‘They take all the money and drip feed it back to us over the season in one 23rds,’ said Mr Storey, adding: ‘We just can’t do that so we’re renegotiating our position.’

I thought he'd left the club for good and gone to live in the tax exile of Hayling Island?

Are they really that stupid there that they have given him another bit of the cherry? Maybe he's got himself another of those £70k a month 'consultant' roles :D

D'oh, having read it again it says club spokesman MARK Storey!

Any relation I wonder - more than likely in that inbred part of the world!

'Threadbare' Poopey loan OUT another player, Tom Kilby.

I'm sure that's the lad they wouldn't/couldn't play earlier in the season because a fee of 50k was due to Millwall upon his debut. I believe Millwall altered the arrangment of when that 50k would be due. No doubt this loan will ensure it isn't to be paid this season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/lincoln_city/9434677.stm