Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Thing is, somewhere deep inside of me is just teh ordinary fan of football and having supported saints fro 37+ years (since I was 5) and having seen the ups and downs I can actually feel sorry for them.... IF instead of dreaming up such fantasy delusion about us - they had fans on there saying 'enough, we made our bed we have to lie in it, acknowledge that teh way ou club has been run is criminal at best, and demand an owner who will do what is necessary to put it right even if it means L2 - this should be about integrity, accepting teh punnishment etc. We were very lucky after teh slight recklessness of Crouch and Wilde in their all out bid - as good intentioned as it was, it was simply a too risky strategy and we paid the price, most accepted it. None of tehm seem to have accepted their fate or shown any kind of real anger at their owners, just making up things about us in a desperate attempt to try an make themselves feel better - sad really.

I really mean it, a decnt owner who may not have much cash, but loads of integrity, who would get them running within their means whilst slowly paying off the debts and building them a more solid foundation for future growth and they would get my best wishes... as thing stand I hpope they rot in the cesspit of their own sheidt.... I suspect however that AA will find a solution to keep this thread going for another 500 pages or so...

Thing is, somewhere deep inside of me is just teh ordinary fan of football and having supported saints fro 37+ years (since I was 5) and having seen the ups and downs I can actually feel sorry for them.... IF instead of dreaming up such fantasy delusion about us - they had fans on there saying 'enough, we made our bed we have to lie in it, acknowledge that teh way ou club has been run is criminal at best, and demand an owner who will do what is necessary to put it right even if it means L2 - this should be about integrity, accepting teh punnishment etc. We were very lucky after teh slight recklessness of Crouch and Wilde in their all out bid - as good intentioned as it was, it was simply a too risky strategy and we paid the price, most accepted it. None of tehm seem to have accepted their fate or shown any kind of real anger at their owners, just making up things about us in a desperate attempt to try an make themselves feel better - sad really.

I really mean it, a decnt owner who may not have much cash, but loads of integrity, who would get them running within their means whilst slowly paying off the debts and building them a more solid foundation for future growth and they would get my best wishes... as thing stand I hpope they rot in the cesspit of their own sheidt.... I suspect however that AA will find a solution to keep this thread going for another 500 pages or so...

Jeez Frank, you mean that nobody bought you a new keyboard for Xmas with the letters round the right way and all of them on the keyboard. That's sad Dude.

Joke aside, I do agree with you, I have some good friends who really are gutted by what has gone on and haven't been since the fake Sheikh debacle.

They love their club and yet the sense they talk when I get back to have a beer with them is lost in the moronic clamour for bigger better best from the undereducated masses.

The "broken ones" know the ideas of a new stadium "tomorrow" are stupid, and they also know that the only thing that came out of getting rid of the maimer was an even deeper nightmare.

Still, it IS their own fault, IF they'd started again in the BSQ this year with the fans running it, they could have been a couple of months away from returning to the FL, stable and with a sensible plan to build a sustainable future.

Instead they got Comical Andy back

My god that lot on "Pompey Fans Online" are the biggest bunch of retards on the net.

- 4,000+ free tickets a game, hence the reason why our attendances are so high.

yep, we give away 4000 free tickets, but we make Le Tiss pay for one. Give it a week and this 4000 thing will be gospel in Stamshaw. Edited by Chez

is it just 4000? because that means we've still had 26,000+ for some games. isn't that still quite a lot?

maybe we pay some of those to turn up.

I thought it was because they has slipped an hallucinogen into the water supply and were using subliminal messages via the lamppost banners to get people to attend?

As said a few posts ago, the only way forward for Pompey is to grow up and focus on their own club...

936 pages, 46k posts, over a quarter of a million views....about another club :facepalm:

He must have been on schoolboy terms as he would have needed to be on these to play for England Schoolboys. Same situation as Fulham signing Chris Smalling from Maidstone. They did bung them £10k as a goodwill gesture and another £10k after he'd played 10 games (maybe in part becuase Roy Hodgson has links with Maidstone) before flogging him on for £10 million or whatever it was not long after.

It's a ridiculous rule which shafts non-league clubs, but hey, who at the FA gives a flying crap about them?

Hmmm, here's another story about a small club being shafted. A certain Theo Walcott was stolen from Swindon Town for a pitiful two grand by you lot. You utter, utter hypocrites the lot of you........

Still, it IS their own fault, IF they'd started again in the BSQ this year with the fans running it, they could have been a couple of months away from returning to the FL, stable and with a sensible plan to build a sustainable future.

Yes, you'd like that wouldn't you? Forget it, it aint gonna happen. We'll be just fine...:toppa:

is it just 4000? because that means we've still had 26,000+ for some games. isn't that still quite a lot?

maybe we pay some of those to turn up.

Well, you'll turn up when things are going well, but organise a 'Save Our Saints' game in your darkest hour of need and you struggle to sell a pathetic 1500 tickets before the game is embarrassingly cancelled....

breaking administration news - and it's interesting, but you'll have to concentrate!

My understanding is that North One the CSI company that owns the WRC image rights has this evening lost them. :o

This may be because of a default on payment by CSI to the FIA, or failure to supply the coverage agreed.

The significance of this is that this afternoon AA was trying to sell that great CSI asset, tonight it is worthless.

Watch this space, developing all the time, but all noises from rallying are that North One are disbanding their rally operation having failed to gain funding from Qatar, and Eurosport are filming the Monte.

What does this mean for pompey?

The CSI portfolio has just taken a massive hit - their only remaining asset is a football club.

breaking administration news - and it's interesting, but you'll have to concentrate!

My understanding is that North One the CSI company that owns the WRC image rights has this evening lost them. :o

This may be because of a default on payment by CSI to the FIA, or failure to supply the coverage agreed.

The significance of this is that this afternoon AA was trying to sell that great CSI asset, tonight it is worthless.

Watch this space, developing all the time, but all noises from rallying are that North One are disbanding their rally operation having failed to gain funding from Qatar, and Eurosport are filming the Monte.

The CSI portfolio has just taken a massive hit - their only remaining asset is a football club.

imagesqtbnANd9GcQtW35Odu21DqgYTzFob.jpg

Inextricably linked then? Who would have believed that? :rolleyes:

Oh noes! :smug: CSI's only source of income now the feds have caught up with nearly all their operations. Just that last murky one down in deepest dog sh!t city.

They're coming for you, they're coming for you hoo hoo

Andrew Andronikou

Can't feckin' help you!

love it....

The identity of the group in the running to buy the club remains a secret and Andronikou insists it is in the best interests of all parties concerned until the transaction is officially confirmed.

"We don’t want to cause any embarrassment," he explained.

They're already embarrassed to be associated with the few & they haven't taken over yet :D

Did we miss something?

No deal for Pompey's parent until next week

Portsmouth's administrator spent yesterday locked in talks

By Insolvency News, 6 January 2012. Posted in Corporate

The future of Portsmouth FC will now not be secured until next week, according to the club’s joint administrator.

Two things struck me - one, that he ain't that confident his new owner is going to sail through FAPPT

"Let’s have them ratified by the Football League and we will make the required announcement."

And two, why does every picture anyone shows of Nottarf Krap has bins in it and fencing and so forth? This one is not up to the motability scooter one, but surely even a for a dump like that they could find a more flattering pic.

Quote from Comical Andy...

It had been mooted the sale would be completed this week but Andronikou – who dealt with Portsmouth’s previous administration in 2010 – explained: "I always said it would take us a matter of seven to 10 days to get the deal concluded – we were never expecting to walk into the solicitors yesterday and get the deal done."

Errrr...is that an indirect admission that he lied to Solent with his 48 hours comment earlier in the week?

:lol:

"who dealt with Portsmouth’s previous administration in 2010"

Given that this quote is taken from an article in 'Insolvency News', they certainly seem to assume that Pompey are in administration !

God knows what sort of technicality will provide an escape route from a 10 points deduction, but I'm sure we'll find out soon !

936 pages, 46k posts, over a quarter of a million views....about another club :facepalm:

Hmmm, here's another story about a small club being shafted. A certain Theo Walcott was stolen from Swindon Town for a pitiful two grand by you lot. You utter, utter hypocrites the lot of you........

Yes, you'd like that wouldn't you? Forget it, it aint gonna happen. We'll be just fine...:toppa:

Well, you'll turn up when things are going well, but organise a 'Save Our Saints' game in your darkest hour of need and you struggle to sell a pathetic 1500 tickets before the game is embarrassingly cancelled....

So was walcott £2k or did we steal him? surely its one or the other.

TBH this thread should be on the comedy board but as we don`t have one here will do

Someone should actually make a sitcom about this silly little club it would be hilarious..

Errrr...is that an indirect admission that he lied to Solent with his 48 hours comment earlier in the week?

No, its a direct admission he lied on SSN. In his interview on solent he said 7 to 10 days, it was his interview on SSN where he said 48 hours.

No, its a direct admission he lied on SSN. In his interview on solent he said 7 to 10 days, it was his interview on SSN where he said 48 hours.

Aha..didn't see his SSN interview - only heard Solent reporting it as fact.

How (and WHY) the fook do the Skates lick up on his comments?

Ah yes :lol: 'it's the hope that'll kill 'em' :lol: :lol:

https://twitter.com/#!/peterbaert/status/155404542333288448

Welcome back, WRC! #wrc#eurosport

Apparently we have the incompetence of the FIA to thank for this latest turn of events:

http://neil-hudson.blogspot.com/2012/01/statement-by-north-one-television-over.html

Edited by pedg

That is SOOOOO typical. When will dumb Brits work out that the rest of the world is DIFFERENT to London?

Jeez they obviously decided to try and do everything themselves without getting in a "Business Culture Translator" and like almost everyone else they hit the FAIL sign pdq.

Of COURSE the VIP passes were the most critical part of the deal. That and where they could put the Qatar Foundation adverts, Jeez.

Oh well guess it makes AA's job harder.

They wanted to sell the rights to someone in the ME? Jeez even Clarkson knows who they should have called

The impending closure of North One Sports must surely be a blessing in disguise for CSI...

The only significant asset (*chuckle*) they are now left with is Portsmouth Football Club.

Given we know that PFC is a healthy solvent company in its own right (*chortle*) this surely means that CSI automatically comes out of administration because they are now one economic entity with a football club that aren't in administration....

I think Eurosport have bought WRC. Does this help CSI?

North One Sport (a CSI subsidiary) have had their WRC contract terminated by the FIA.

So, the broadcast rights haven't been sold by North One Sport (aka CSI), they've had the rights taken away from them by the WRC's governing body....ergo there's nothing to sell....

Edited by trousers

I think Eurosport have bought WRC. Does this help CSI?

Reading the link that Trousers posted immediately below yours, I can't see that it will help CSI. The North One contract was cancelled by the FIA, and the FIA awarded the contract to Eurosport. So Eurosport will pay the FIA, not CSI/North One.

http://www.insolvencynews.com/article/show/No-deal-for-Pompey-s-parent-until-next-week

Not a straight forward transaction........hmmmm

So I didn't hear you on sky sports saying 24 - 48 hours on Wednesday? sorry aa , we must have all misheard.

In 2010 it looked like the club had found someone to bring stability but matters change quickly – at the time Mr Antonov’s credentials were triple A.

PMSL, so when General Motors, the FBI, the EIB, the FSA and the entire internet ousted Vladders as a ruissian mafia crook - AA and pompey ratified him as triple A. Priceless, utterly priceless - I cant wait to see AAs next bunch of triple A investors... although im going to have to because he dosent want to embarress them or something...

or maybe they dont exist?

AAA,PMSL

TBH this thread should be on the comedy board but as we don`t have one here will do

Someone should actually make a sitcom about this silly little club it would be hilarious..

it reminds me of the film Clockwise