Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Can NOS sue FIA for breach of contract?

One assumes it must have been NOS who were in breach of the contract for FIA to cancel it? Question about what happens to the money NOS paid for the rights. One assumes they are not going to get any of it back. Probably why the FIA appeared unhelpful as they could take advantage of NOS's financial situation to make sure NOS in breach so FIA keep that money and then they can sell the rights again to someone else. Nothing like getting paid twice for the same thing.

One assumes it must have been NOS who were in breach of the contract for FIA to cancel it? Question about what happens to the money NOS paid for the rights. One assumes they are not going to get any of it back. Probably why the FIA appeared unhelpful as they could take advantage of NOS's financial situation to make sure NOS in breach so FIA keep that money and then they can sell the rights again to someone else. Nothing like getting paid twice for the same thing.

As opposed to never getting paid, first nor last?

Irony of the CSI/WRC statement is their use of NOS to describe CSI's WRC rights company. NOS is also used for nitrous oxide or 'laughing gas'.

See me later boy. I got Chemistry A level you know, albeit about 150 years ago. The chemical formula for nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, is in fact N20 with the figure 2 being smaller and to the low right of the N. N0 is nitric oxide, a different thing altogether.

But I get your drift... ;)

North One paid for the rights for 2011 with CSI money.

This year like pompey they lost their funding and had to seek Qatar money, but couldn't agree terms.

Details are sketchy but the FIA had no choice if neither the 2012 coverage agreed nor the money appeared, so North One breached contract.

Perhaps AA could have spent his time trying to save North One?

Or perhaps his lingering presence in the background worried Qatar investors and killed the deal?

After all they were being offered the chance to invest in a company under his control.

It's similar to pompey, North One were playing in the last chance saloon by seeking funding from afar.

But while North One have realised the game is up now the Lithuanian pension money is gone and are closing due to insolvency, pompey continue to promise new funding is around the corner and plod on regardless.

See me later boy. I got Chemistry A level you know, albeit about 150 years ago. The chemical formula for nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, is in fact N20 with the figure 2 being smaller and to the low right of the N. N0 is nitric oxide, a different thing altogether.

Actually NOS is what it is called in car circles where it is used for it effect of giving the engine a bit of a boost.

Nitrous oxide, N2O, a gas commonly referred to as "nitrous" or "NOS" in vehicle racing

Aha..didn't see his SSN interview - only heard Solent reporting it as fact.

How (and WHY) the fook do the Skates lick up on his comments?

Ah yes :lol: 'it's the hope that'll kill 'em' :lol: :lol:

Evening boys. Don't think you will find there has been any hope in Pompey for a good few years, the killing was done quite awhile ago now. We're just watching the vultures have their final feed ;)

Actually NOS is what it is called in car circles where it is used for it effect of giving the engine a bit of a boost.

Nitrous oxide, N2O, a gas commonly referred to as "nitrous" or "NOS" in vehicle racing

Named after the company which made the product commerically available, Nitrous Oxide Systems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrous#Nitrous_and_NOS

Also stands for New Old Stock, where a product has been discontinued yet previous unopened stock remains. For example, an unopened tin of 1970s baked beans would be NOS.

Evening boys. Don't think you will find there has been any hope in Pompey for a good few years, the killing was done quite awhile ago now. We're just watching the vultures have their final feed ;)

When put like that it makes you realise Pompey still have some decent fans that feel like they have been shafted from on end to the other.

I honestly hope you and those like you come through this with something you can be happy to support and gives you something to be proud of. I'd also welcome a true rival that the whole of Hampshire can be proud of.

For years we did better than expected But had Lowe at the helm so there was always an eliment of embarresment. I hope that what we have now will build us into a true home grown club that can compete at the highest level and it would be good for Hampshire if our local rivals were on a similar path.

chelski have sold out though, so they'll earn a few bob out of it.

Odd that the best result for them today is probably a draw. Good chance a home replay would be on TV and all that nice non season ticket money.

Odd that the best result for them today is probably a draw. Good chance a home replay would be on TV and all that nice non season ticket money.
the skates are fairly solid and Chelsea haven't been pulling up any trees so they might just get that result. Good time for Torres to show his worth...

Don't give up so easily. We'll be ok..

the plucky little undeveloped sleepy giant did manage three shots on target.

So that was good.

Cue cliched stories of brave pompey going head to head with one of the biggest clubs in the world, giving them a scare but being unlucky as superior quality showed through in the end.

Now it's back to the league programme with extra confidence and new owners ready to hit the launch button for a new era of south coast dominance...

OR

pompey's last chance to stave off financial armageddon went pear-shaped as a bunch of cockneys tore them a new one.

So that was good.

Cue cliched stories of brave pompey going head to head with one of the biggest clubs in the world, giving them a scare but being unlucky as superior quality showed through in the end.

Now it's back to the league programme with extra confidence and new owners ready to hit the launch button for a new era of south coast dominance...

OR

pompey's last chance to stave off financial armageddon went pear-shaped as a bunch of cockneys tore them a new one.

And four yellow cards....

So that was good.

OR

...with lots of little raggedy edges. A very satisfactory afternoon.

Edited by Pugwash

The FIA have terminated NOS's WRC contract effective from today. CSI looses its only other business.

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2012/Pages/wrc-nos-2012.aspx

Cue the Corpse with his claims of 'still not inextricably linked financially', and AA claiming they're a solvent business to anyone who is still stupid enough to be listening to him!

someone on a pompey board obviously not quite got the point that the WRC rights have not been sold but taken away

When a company is administration the administrator has a legal responsibility to sell any assets he can, and if the rights to WRC and north one sports have been sold then how does that make it wrong?

Very interesting development at QPR tonight.

The reason Warnock was sacked was because the board felt they'd be relegated under his command. That would have been disastrous for the club, as their 18,000 capacity ground doesn't earn enough in gate receipts to be able to pay say Barton and Wright-Phillips' wages. They need the Premier League money to be able to pay their squad.

Imagine how much the blue few were ****ing away with players like Utaka on nearly £100k a week and gates of barely 20,000.

So what is AA currently now administering? NOS I would imagine have a number of liabilities with no assets. The only asset they have is PFC 2010 Ltd, which has liabilities beyond it's market value.

I repeat my previous point, if this were any other industry bar football they would be liquidated.

The FIA have terminated NOS's WRC contract effective from today. CSI looses its only other business.

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2012/Pages/wrc-nos-2012.aspx

So now we have a parent company in administration with no assest other than the p1ssy little football club. Looks like the changes of a points deduction increases by the day.

You know what makes me think Pompey are in administration? They're being run by an administrator. I hope the league notice this subtly suspicious piece of evidence.

If they are blind to it maybe we all need to keep reminding them

With the fancy upgrades to TSW server last year, we can now insert those small number thingies that go to the low right. Look at this:

N2O

That alone makes the annual £5 worth every penny. ;)

Would you mind telling that to Corpse?

On second thoughts, I suspect corpses don't like hearing about vultures.

You know what makes me think Pompey are in administration? They're being run by an administrator. I hope the league notice this subtly suspicious piece of evidence.

Anyone know when the next FL meeting is? (at which the PFC situation is on the agenda)

The Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) has formalized the end of his contract with North One Sport, promoter of the World Rally Championship, an announcement came after several days of tension within the WRC.

As the CEO of NOS had accused the FIA ​​of not having taken steps to ensure a bailout of its commitments and jobs, the Federation meets in the attack. "The FIA ​​has sought urgent formal guarantees that NOS fulfill its contractual obligations and would promote the upcoming Monte Carlo Rally, the 2012 championship and the future. It is with regret and disappointment that the FIA ​​has received no insurance and therefore was taken to terminate its contract with NOS. OUR conspicuously failed to fulfill its contractual obligations and has fundamentally breached its contract, "says the Federation.

FIA denies having received from North One Sport's proposal of a rescue plan backed by Qatari investors. "The FIA ​​has given time and has supported all parties concerned to find the right solutions," says she. "Unfortunately, not only OUR failed to honor its contract, but it was also unable to provide the budget necessary to ensure the championship. "

"This has placed the FIA ​​in an unprecedented situation, just 10 days of the Monte Carlo Rally, as the FIA ​​must now take urgent measures to ensure the championship. The Federation is working hard to ensure that the WRC to take place as planned in order to mitigate the breach of contract NOS, "continued the FIA.

The Federation Internationale de l'Automobile said to be looking for a new sponsor for the World Rally Championship, from Monte Carlo Rally to be held from January 17, but does not finalize the anticipated arrival Eurosport in this function.

"The FIA ​​has launched an emergency high-level discussions with several partners and suppliers to ensure key elements of the organization and promotion of the Championships, including the timing and tracking, production and distribution of TV, services and sponsorship, "said the Federation. "The FIA ​​is fully confident to offer a safe 2012 season, successful and exciting, adding that in the current context, and while discussions are still ongoing, it would be inappropriate to discuss publicly the Federation of questions until a final solution was not found. "

This crisis stems from the arrest in November of Vladimir Antonov, the copyright holder of the company Convers Sports Initiatives which bought in March 2011 North One Sport, explained an arrest by the involvement of Antonov in the bankruptcy of Lithuanian banks . Following the placement of CSI under judicial control, NOS had to find a buyer and hoped to reach a solution that maintains its jobs.

Might be already on here but,

Translated from a french auto magazine

So what is AA currently now administering? NOS I would imagine have a number of liabilities with no assets. The only asset they have is PFC 2010 Ltd, which has liabilities beyond it's market value.

I repeat my previous point, if this were any other industry bar football they would be liquidated.

If they weren't a football club they wouldn't have got past the first High Court appearance in front of that gutless judge.

The Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) has formalized the end of his contract with North One Sport, promoter of the World Rally Championship, an announcement came after several days of tension within the WRC.

As the CEO of NOS had accused the FIA ​​of not having taken steps to ensure a bailout of its commitments and jobs, the Federation meets in the attack. "The FIA ​​has sought urgent formal guarantees that NOS fulfill its contractual obligations and would promote the upcoming Monte Carlo Rally, the 2012 championship and the future. It is with regret and disappointment that the FIA ​​has received no insurance and therefore was taken to terminate its contract with NOS. OUR conspicuously failed to fulfill its contractual obligations and has fundamentally breached its contract, "says the Federation.

FIA denies having received from North One Sport's proposal of a rescue plan backed by Qatari investors. "The FIA ​​has given time and has supported all parties concerned to find the right solutions," says she. "Unfortunately, not only OUR failed to honor its contract, but it was also unable to provide the budget necessary to ensure the championship. "

"This has placed the FIA ​​in an unprecedented situation, just 10 days of the Monte Carlo Rally, as the FIA ​​must now take urgent measures to ensure the championship. The Federation is working hard to ensure that the WRC to take place as planned in order to mitigate the breach of contract NOS, "continued the FIA.

The Federation Internationale de l'Automobile said to be looking for a new sponsor for the World Rally Championship, from Monte Carlo Rally to be held from January 17, but does not finalize the anticipated arrival Eurosport in this function.

"The FIA ​​has launched an emergency high-level discussions with several partners and suppliers to ensure key elements of the organization and promotion of the Championships, including the timing and tracking, production and distribution of TV, services and sponsorship, "said the Federation. "The FIA ​​is fully confident to offer a safe 2012 season, successful and exciting, adding that in the current context, and while discussions are still ongoing, it would be inappropriate to discuss publicly the Federation of questions until a final solution was not found. "

This crisis stems from the arrest in November of Vladimir Antonov, the copyright holder of the company Convers Sports Initiatives which bought in March 2011 North One Sport, explained an arrest by the involvement of Antonov in the bankruptcy of Lithuanian banks . Following the placement of CSI under judicial control, NOS had to find a buyer and hoped to reach a solution that maintains its jobs.

Might be already on here but,

Translated from a french auto magazine

Anyone have a login for a Pompey site...hang on, nah, let them carry on thinking everything's fine and dandy.