Our Position Or Pompey's?

Daren W

Why is it absurd?

Have you forgotten all the celebrations from the blue few when we were relegated, and all the gloating about our apparent demise a few months ago. No symapthy for them, as for the players they can always kiss the badge of another club, even redknapp left his spitritual home as soon as he could. Let them rot

No, my memory is fine thanks and I have forgotten little of what has gone on between the clubs for 45 years. However, for me having studied in Portsmouth during our the 70's I recall us being in the same division, division 2, in 1975 and by the time I left in 1978 we were in Div 1, Pompey were in Div 4 and of course we had won the FA Cup. I had a lot of friends who were Pompey fans, thoroughly likeable people though I can't deny the pleasure I derived from ALWAYS having the bragging rights was a real bonus.

As far as I'm concerned Pompey do have some moronic fans, possibly more than their fair share, but then so do we.

So regardless of the antipathy of some I would certainly miss the local rivalry and I suspect so would many others.

The Thaksin Shinawatra connection bothers me. What really could be in it for him? If he thought that the Premier League would allow him as an owner, fair enough. I'm sure that when he took over Manchester City, it was as a vehicle both to raise his profile in Football-mad Thailand in order to help facilitate his return to power there and also to launder his ill-gotten gains through corruption there.

What is the point for Thaksin in having a toy if he gets nil reflected glory through it, as he could never make it public that he was involved. And usually when money is laundered by criminals, surely they expect some return from it. Thaksin is smart enough to realise that as well as not being a team very visible on the radar of most Thais, investing in them is also tantamount to him pouring his money down the drain

Too much in this for someone in monitored ISP land to answer

IMHO Thaksin himself would see it more as a ego issue and possibly an Al Fayed style live somewhere other than Egypt type thing.

Unrelated to anything to do with Thaksin, don't under estimate the value of putting 20 mil offshore pounds into something that returns you 10 mil legit pounds.

The PL aren't THAT careful with their checking out of the beneficial owner, hell I even worked out how I could do that with someone else's money... SPV overseas "finance/investment" company anyone? Sven?

As a good friend from Russia once said, if (for example) Abramovich ever fell out with his best friends back home who did a Lukoil on his business, he could sell Chelsea for 80 mil cash in an hour and still live very well in England or his own Island

Cheers Mush! You're right: I've taught UAE cadets and they certainly don't make a thing of being from wealthy families (and in this context they probably aren't), but my goodness....

Heh, heh

For those that missed it when I posted them many moons ago, here is some background on Sultan Bin Trump

http://www.1888pressrelease.com/reality-tv-series-hydra-executives-an-international-reality-pr-qeo10393c.html

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+hydra+executive&search_type=&aq=f

You need to page down to his show

Talking about Man City

just in case you were worried he didn't stalk celebs

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090617/NATIONAL/706169810 notice the careful use of the word REPLACED

http://www.propertywire.com/news/middle-east/hydra-properties-project-200906073186.html

Even his business was causing problems... 3 years late - how would YOU feel if you paid for a house to be ready last year and have to wait two more years during the recession? - about the same as the skates I would think

Oh, and that thing in the first article about not wanting to be thought of as Donald Trump? About as real as his statements about finance to the Skates fans forum

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-179416046.html

Sultan Bin Trump, like I said

:D:D:D:D

Too much in this for someone in monitored ISP land to answer

IMHO Thaksin himself would see it more as a ego issue and possibly an Al Fayed style live somewhere other than Egypt type thing.

Unrelated to anything to do with Thaksin, don't under estimate the value of putting 20 mil offshore pounds into something that returns you 10 mil legit pounds.

The PL aren't THAT careful with their checking out of the beneficial owner, hell I even worked out how I could do that with someone else's money... SPV overseas "finance/investment" company anyone? Sven?

As a good friend from Russia once said, if (for example) Abramovich ever fell out with his best friends back home who did a Lukoil on his business, he could sell Chelsea for 80 mil cash in an hour and still live very well in England or his own Island

Where does it become an ego trip if nobody of influence gets to hear about it? Apart from as a vehicle to launder his ill-gotten gains from bribery and corruption in Thailand, his main objective in taking over an English football club was to raise his profile with the electorate in Thailand, but if he could not broadcast the fact that he was the de facto owner of a Premiership club, he would see little point in that. I suspect that he was the main source of finance for the fake sheik until the PL found out about it and shut that door. I suspect that although the PL might be lax about checking out the owners of some clubs, they may be giving Pompey special attention in view of the rumours that Thaksin may have been involved. Actions taken by the fake sheik during this protracted farce have hardly served to keep the Skates out of the limelight, the latest incident of the failure to pay the player's wages must surely have raised some eyebrows. If all of a sudden Fahim comes up with £50 million, they will want to know where it came from.

Another thing that has been brushed under the caret and why Pompey will get away witrh it again IMO is that Richards the PL chairman(?) was caught by the Sun introducing the Dr to Pompey. So does he have a connection with the Thai mob?

Ifr there is a chance of the establishment old boys network being caught up they will do anything to save their skins.

Another thing that has been brushed under the caret and why Pompey will get away witrh it again IMO is that Richards the PL chairman(?) was caught by the Sun introducing the Dr to Pompey. So does he have a connection with the Thai mob?

Ifr there is a chance of the establishment old boys network being caught up they will do anything to save their skins.

Still confident they will stay up?

Just heard that Pompey have advised fans travelling to home games to visit Pompey Dockyard and the famous old flagship.

Apparently it's the only way they'll get to see a Victory this season.

Whilst there, they can have a look at the Mary Rose too, to reassure themselves that it is possible to resurrect something from the wreckage.

Could be bad news if the owner pulls out ,they might get someone with real money to back them with Storrie changing sides like the wind to keep his fingers in the honeypot,and it would really spoil our fun if it all went right for them,just look how many log on to enjoy their misery as they enjoyed ours so recently.

Could be bad news if the owner pulls out ,they might get someone with real money to back them with Storrie changing sides like the wind to keep his fingers in the honeypot,and it would really spoil our fun if it all went right for them,just look how many log on to enjoy their misery as they enjoyed ours so recently.

But how would they? They are looking very likely for relegation and without prem status nobody in their right mind is going to invest in them. Pretty much every other championship club is a better investment than the skates. They will be pretty screwed if they don't start winning soon!

BBC South reporting that the players have now been paid and Journo from Dubai says he was told by Dr Doom that the funds will be transferred to the club on October 15th.

Also saying that, as he has a kidney infection, he has to have surgery.

I'm no doctor, but don't antibiotics normally sort out kidney infections.

It seems like a face-saving operation to me, never mind a kidney saving one.

Interesting to see Hairy Redcrack is back in the news - for all the wrong reasons of course. Rumour has it it's all to do with the Amdy Faye transfer:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1217657/Harry-Redknapp-baffles-bookies-punters-pile-Spurs-boss-leave-White-Hart-Lane.html

Probably due to Frank Lampard Snr opening his gob again in a corporate lounge somewhere.

Loved this on the Daily Mail story via Martin Samuel....

----

The real way to take over a club effectively - Google Search 'Markus Liebherr'.

There you go Martin - we are now rid of the 'Rupert Lowe Effect' - debt free and rebuilding. Soon the club will progress and return to the Premier League stage - it may take up to 5 years, but guess what, Markus is a billionaire doing things the RIGHT WAY - not buying players on a credit card when you have to panic sell once the 0% deal finishes.....

I have P**pey friends...yes really...and they are embarrassed by Al Fahim. All spout no substance is what I'm told.

Pompey fans should look at Saints' relegation season from the Prem - congratulations, you're emulating us completely - selling your best players and inflating your squad with dross.

Redknapp is no hero - and Storrie cannot wash his hands of the situation at Pompey now, as surely he was aware of what was going on with wages and income.

I would like the FA to investigate this 'takeover' - it smells decidedly fishy.

- SaintMarkus, New Forest, UK, 02/10/2009 10:08

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1216994/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Dubais-Del-Boy-Sulaiman-Al-Fahim-quick-fix-Portsmouth.html##ixzz0SmmfD9GW

I echo those comments and probably wrote them...haha ;-)

I would **** myself laughing if they got a point in their next game only to go into admin a couple of day's later and be on -9. That would be funny as fook.

After the **** they said about us fook em.

I read that the PL would take control of them before they went into admin so it looks like a PL team will never go into admin as they wont let it happen.

Rumour that Harry Redknapp has been arrested over bribes. heh heh

I was racking my brains to try and think what else could happen to spoil the weekend for our fishy friends.....

Just one little bit left would be to find out that their dealings in the spend spend spend days were one brick short of a full load when it came to "corporate compliance"

TBH, for ALL our sakes, I really hope your alleged allegation of a possible rumour is not true, I really really really can't take any more hysterical laughter....

My own fault though, shouldn't have watched Pineapple Express last night on DVD

I read that the PL would take control of them before they went into admin so it looks like a PL team will never go into admin as they wont let it happen.

Yeah but if that happened you could just imagine the ****storm it would create. All those teams who went ino admin and were given penalties will look at that and think how can it be one rule for some and another for everyone else? I can just picture Bate's face if that happened.

The whole point of the rule is to stop teams spending money they do not have and Pompey right now are a fine example of how not to run your football club.

While i have no doubt the PL will try and help as it would damage their image to have a team go into admin. But if Pompey don't have any money and don't pay their bills they will have to go into admin, that is how it works. I doubt the PL would be able to take on the club's debts, that would set up a very dangerous future for the FA. Any prem team who is in troubles could escape punishment that way. The law of the land is if a football club goes into admin they will have a points deduction. I can't see the PL not following the rules with this one. I can imagine it would be a case where it drags on and on and then Pompey get relegated and then they hit them with the penalty.

I actually think that Redknapp is crooked through and through and that the only thing that we can credit Rupey with is that he didn't let him too loose with the cheque book. Which in my view was why he sulked and was crap for us because he couldn't let his little boys have their 'extras' every match. and why he then left. notw this sunday...

Well it appears from this report that the wages are being paid by Storrie's arab consortia pals who sensibly have securitised the loan, but against what?

Storrie says he doesn't know, but admits it is probably on the club (what else could it be against?).

So, there seems little doubt IMO that the Storrie consortium are positioning for a takeover. If the bedridden one can't repay this loan he may have to hand over the keys to his arab rival or put the thing into administration.

Must say it sounds a bit dodgy accepting a loan from a rival consortium (bit like MJ giving Pinnacle a loan!), but just goes to show how desperate things are down at Cowshed Park...

Well it appears from this report that the wages are being paid by Storrie's arab consortia pals who sensibly have securitised the loan, but against what?

Storrie says he doesn't know, but admits it is probably on the club (what else could it be against?).

So, there seems little doubt IMO that the Storrie consortium are positioning for a takeover. If the bedridden one can't repay this loan he may have to hand over the keys to his arab rival or put the thing into administration.

Must say it sounds a bit dodgy accepting a loan from a rival consortium (bit like MJ giving Pinnacle a loan!), but just goes to show how desperate things are down at Cowshed Park...

So that's a 5 million loan plus 15 million needed by October. 20 million already gone and I don't think this 50 mill is going to go very far even if it does materialise...