Our Position Or Pompey's?

Daren W

I doubt if the failure to agree terms related to his salary, would suggest it would be about investment in the team so will take this as another sign the great Dr's dough will do nothing for them, "in principle"

Reading between the lines - that is how I saw it too. I bet they wished that they had kept this one under wraps until the deal was done now that he has walked away, how much more bad news can flow out of Pompey.

Not too many Premiership jobs come up over the course of the season - still lots of available candidates - very interesting that he decided to walk.

I doubt if the failure to agree terms related to his salary, would suggest it would be about investment in the team so will take this as another sign the great Dr's dough will do nothing for them, "in principle"

In principle or out of principle, if this 50m ever arrives it will surely bankrupt the skates, if they aren't so already!

What is the man thinking of, as he has allegedly already lumped something similar on to the club to get the thing from Gaydamak. The interest repayments on that will stretch them to the limits, but now a 50m loan on top???

Why are the blue few acting as if their problems are over, have they no idea what it will cost to service such a debt, especially from the sources it's liable to have come from!

Interestingly Storrie has been muttering about how good it will be to have the money, but therein lies a conflict of interest if ever there was one. A few weeks back Storrie was in a battle with the fake sheik for ownership and he lost out and was indeed a not very gracious loser.

In those circumstances how on earth can Storrie continue to run the business as CEO? Presumably he will be trying to pull the magic carpet out from under the sheik at every opportunity and he certainly wastes no chance to lambast him in public.

So how's that going to work and why ever doesn't aforementioned arabian gentleman give him the big A while the goings good?

It all sounds as big a lunatic mess as anything even Rupert Lowe created, and that's saying something...

Not too many Premiership jobs come up over the course of the season - still lots of available candidates - very interesting that he decided to walk.

I too believed it was a good gig for him, nothing about his cv cries out premiership quality(in management) yet still he does not take it, it must be that dire he couldn't even see it as a stepping stone, hey ho

Well, it could be that he can see it all ending in disaster and didn't wish to be associated with it on his CV. Also the possibility that he could see Hart getting the boot somewhere down the line and the new manager wishing to bring in his own backroom team with him. Either way, it involves instability and heartbreak for him and his family.

Surley administration, or even insolvency is only around the corner now?

What they have done is exactly what these points deductions have come into stop.

Clubs spending above their means and still carrying on without further punishment.

The FL set a precedent with Luton, now it's time for the FA and PL to set the standard at Portsmouth. I'm not saying similar points deductions etc - but they need to be punished for quite honestly, paying above their means for a year.

This 50m is another load of woffle too apparently, as Dr Who is struggling to bring it in. According to their fans metting, the dr told the fans it would be within this week (which was last week).

Anyway - that would only be a loan, with repayments. Not exactly the way to go is it?

Screwed, quite honestly. They could be heading to a worse place than we did, complete oblivion.

I for one don't want Portsmouth to go bust. I don't take any joy in seeing them go through what we have.

I would like them to be down with us though(preferably below). It was much more interesting when we were playing them at football as opposed to bickering over who was going to go out of business first.

I for one don't want Portsmouth to go bust. I don't take any joy in seeing them go through what we have.

I would like them to be down with us though(preferably below). It was much more interesting when we were playing them at football as opposed to bickering over who was going to go out of business first.

Don't get me wrong, neither do i. I just want them to face the punishment as a club that they need to face.

They've got themselves into this position through stupid spending, so they deserve no favors by the FA/FL to get themselves out of this.

Apparently, the PFA can lend a grant/loan to troubled PL clubs....

that's just wrong isn't it?

Great article, especially about why Abu Dhabi canned him from Man City lol

And what I love is the whole Piers Morgan thing... "He made 100mil on his first property deal"... Hang on chaps - he was EMPLOYED by a REAL ESTATE COMPANY at the time.

So is Al Fahim now saying that he made 100 mil on the side? Wow, that's interesting, I'm sure his previous emplyers would like to have a word with him, as would their shareholders AND the customers who have lost huge sums of money as his promised "developments" have been cancelled.

Every time he opens his mouth he digs a deeper hole.

50mil - yep sure that is probably coming from some nice boys in Vegas...

Poor old Skates, all 16,000 of them will have the boys coming round when it gets to pay-back time... make a dem da offer they cannot refuse - lol

I have some business clients who are Pompey fans and generally they are decent people, if a little misguided, but I respect that. What really annoys me more than anything was seeing the Skate plastics that shot up in numbers corresponding with Pompey's rise into the Premiership and success in the FA Cup. They were welcome to desport themselves in their colours in Skatesville, but I resented seeing them here in the Eastern suburbs of Southampton. Thankfully, their numbers are decreasing and when I encounter any remaining plastics over here, I can point at their shirt and have a damned good sn*gger (bloody filter won't allow sn igger would you believe?!) at them.

Also great fun when meeting with the business clients to commiserate with their plight and tell them that I know exaclty how they are feeling as we had been run by clowns too until our Billionaire came along.;)

Why is it absurd?

Have you forgotten all the celebrations from the blue few when we were relegated, and all the gloating about our apparent demise a few months ago. No symapthy for them, as for the players they can always kiss the badge of another club, even redknapp left his spitritual home as soon as he could. Let them rot

The situation is beyond laughable really. Why on earth did this guy buy the club - I really do not understand his motive(s). It would appear obvious that he does not have the required capital to run it on a daily basis, let alone think about trying to invest money into it in order to make it a success.

I just don't get it - it doesn't add up - why would he give himself the hassle, there is no return to be had here.

If he is forced to sell, surely he will make a massive loss, the whole situation is totally bizarre.

As for the PL getting involved due to unpaid wages, surely it is the same as we experienced when we were selling the likes of Surman and McGoldrick in order to pay the staff, thus staying (the football club!) out of administration. That said - if Pompey were to now have a 9 point penalty against them, then they really would have no chance of avoiding relegation.

The best thing that Pompey can do now is apply for administration and take the points deduction, not next season in the CCC.

What are the Premiership's rules for when a club goes into administration, by the way? Have they thought that far ahead?

What are the Premiership's rules for when a club goes into administration, by the way? Have they thought that far ahead?

I would think they've thought about it, then said noooooo, surely no one is that stoopid or poorly managed to go into administration in the worlds richest league. HTH!

Surley administration, or even insolvency is only around the corner now?

What they have done is exactly what these points deductions have come into stop.

Clubs spending above their means and still carrying on without further punishment.

The FL set a precedent with Luton, now it's time for the FA and PL to set the standard at Portsmouth. I'm not saying similar points deductions etc - but they need to be punished for quite honestly, paying above their means for a year.

This 50m is another load of woffle too apparently, as Dr Who is struggling to bring it in. According to their fans metting, the dr told the fans it would be within this week (which was last week).

Anyway - that would only be a loan, with repayments. Not exactly the way to go is it?

Screwed, quite honestly. They could be heading to a worse place than we did, complete oblivion.

Scratch their name from the FA Cup they won (sorry bought on the credit card) last year. Award the Cup to Cardiff.

anybody think that this is a ruse to push the Dr out of the way for PS to take control with his consortia?

That's exactly how I see it Nick.

Storrie gives every impression of giving whatsisname enough rope to hang himself and then PS and his arab mates will ride in as saviours and Storrie will have got what he wanted all along.

Don't know why anyone would want to throw good money at that lot though. The amount required to keep them up and then provide necessary infrastructure beggars imagination.

Far better to pick it up from an administrator in a fire sale IMO...

Scratch their name from the FA Cup they won (sorry bought on the credit card) last year. Award the Cup to Cardiff.

Cardiff probably did enough to score that day too, but pompey were very lucky...

don't think it will ever go that far FF (as in removing their name), but i doubt many pompey fans will look back on that in about 20 years and remember that ''FA cup winning team - what hero's'

It wont feel like our FA Cup win still does. They're still all heroes to us, achieved when no one expected us to and we did it fair.

geez, and to think this might well have been us if Pinnacle had taken over...

You know, I really wouldn't be suprised if Fahim turns out to be a Saints supporter...

Does this mean that all of Pompey's players are technically available on a free now, because of the breach of contract?

PMSL

Whoever wrote this did not have English as their first language. Clearly they did not understand that you can use full stops in the middle of paragraphs and that you do not have to wait until the very end to use one.

Maybe they reckon that nobody will understand it if they write garbage. What on earth does

" The extent to which the gains that have been realised from player sales were retained by the club's previous banking partner during a protracted takeover period creates a responsibility for the new ownership, one which we are committed to help resolve" actually mean??? It is very rare to see such jibberish on any website created by adults.

Clearly the one bloke in Portsmouth who achieved a GCSE in English wasn't around this afternoon to proof read this rubbish!!

Edited by Tamesaint
As per btf & mog!!

PMSL

Whoever wrote this did not have English as their first language. Clearly they did not understand that you can full stops in the middle of paragraphs and that you do not have to wait until the very end to use one.

Maybe they reckon that nobody will understand it if they write garbage. What on earth does

" The extent to which the gains that have been realised from player sales were retained by the club's previous banking partner during a protracted takeover period creates a responsibility for the new ownership, one which we are committed to help resolve" actually mean??? It is very rare to see such jibberish on any website created by adults.

Clearly the one bloke in Portsmouth who achieved a GCSE in English wasn't arouind this afternoon to proff read this rubbish!!

Sorry - I did have to have a little chuckle :)

Why is it absurd?

Have you forgotten all the celebrations from the blue few when we were relegated, and all the gloating about our apparent demise a few months ago. No symapthy for them, as for the players they can always kiss the badge of another club, even redknapp left his spitritual home as soon as he could. Let them rot

Totally agree

any one who stood through the humiliation at Fratton will have no sympathy.

Shame Hants Police did not restrict access to Goldsmith Ave and Milton Road in Skatesville to away supports only after games, sorry forgot it is only SFC who inconvience home supporters after games, so i could have left early that day

PMSL

Whoever wrote this did not have English as their first language. Clearly they did not understand that you can use full stops in the middle of paragraphs and that you do not have to wait until the very end to use one.

Clearly the one bloke in Portsmouth who achieved a GCSE in English wasn't arouind this afternoon to proof read this rubbish!!

It means they havn't got two ha'pennies to rub together and if the fake sheik doesn't produce the sheckles very soon they are well and truly up sh*t creek without a toilet roll.

Cardiff probably did enough to score that day too, but pompey were very lucky...

don't think it will ever go that far FF (as in removing their name), but i doubt many pompey fans will look back on that in about 20 years and remember that ''FA cup winning team - what hero's'

It wont feel like our FA Cup win still does. They're still all heroes to us, achieved when no one expected us to and we did it fair.

True & we did it without all but one of the draws being a league or two below us!

It means they havn't got two ha'pennies to rub together and if the fake sheik doesn't produce the sheckles very soon they are well and truly up sh*t creek without a toilet roll.

Just to add to their woes, one thing I can promise is that Sultan Bin Trump won't be bringing any SHECKLES to Nottarfkrap, dodgy dollars maybe but not those :cool:

PMSL

Clearly the one bloke in Portsmouth who achieved a GCSE in English wasn't arouind this afternoon to proof read this rubbish!!

:):):)

DubaiPhil.. as I don't hang around the pubs in Soton, as you will see by my address, and as I'm sooo very discreet.. I'd love it if you could PM me an occasional juicy bit from Dubai about Bin Trump et al! [or get me a lucrative English teaching job, for that matter, I'm not fussy!:-)]

DubaiPhil.. as I don't hang around the pubs in Soton, as you will see by my address, and as I'm sooo very discreet.. I'd love it if you could PM me an occasional juicy bit from Dubai about Bin Trump et al! [or get me a lucrative English teaching job, for that matter, I'm not fussy!:-)]

Unless you understand the way this place works then it is actually very hard to find anything.

All you have is a trail of "hmmmmmmm's" that anyone down here would understand straight away.

The TV show, these guys just don't do ego, they look inwards and have nice toys but they don't push it into the public domain, you sort of look in and go wow at the yachts in Monte Carlo, you don't see them standing there saying LOOK AT THE SIZE OF MY YACHT...

He made all those public statements about Man City and was canned in minutes - should have spotted that Mr Storrie - it was obvious he had offended his supposed "business associates"

He got removed as CEO from Hydra Properties - the actual detail is fuzzy, but a local only gets moved if it is gross incompetence or something "shadier"

He admits to making 100 mil in property deals when employed by a semi-government backed Property Company. Now this place often is accused of strange business practices, but I think this one is just a little more than strange, especially (but unrelated) seeing as a number of "local" officers in property companies have court cases pending for fraud and corruption. Has his big mouth said one thing too much there? Will be interesting

His backers, from round one rumours of Thaksin were around, how did Storrie not see them, they were vague, they were rumours but they seem to have come true and caused the whole take-over vehicle to crash. For all we know his trip to the US could have been to find some way of "cleaning" the investment so Thaksin still gets his toy and PL get to look stupid.

From day one, he simply did not meet the profile of a successful sustainable businessman.

Apart from "His Excellency", name the top 6 trading families in Dubai - most people cannot as they keep a very low profile and just do their thing.

He simply didn't fit in to the profile and in the end ask yourselves, if Whacko Jacko turned down his (alleged) money because he (and his advisors) thought it was "an issue" HOW THE HECK could Storrie have welcomed him with open arms...

Funny as fook, but I will keep my eyes open, let's face it, this is fun

His backers, from round one rumours of Thaksin were around, how did Storrie not see them, they were vague, they were rumours but they seem to have come true and caused the whole take-over vehicle to crash. For all we know his trip to the US could have been to find some way of "cleaning" the investment so Thaksin still gets his toy and PL get to look stupid.

The Thaksin Shinawatra connection bothers me. What really could be in it for him? If he thought that the Premier League would allow him as an owner, fair enough. I'm sure that when he took over Manchester City, it was as a vehicle both to raise his profile in Football-mad Thailand in order to help facilitate his return to power there and also to launder his ill-gotten gains through corruption there.

What is the point for Thaksin in having a toy if he gets nil reflected glory through it, as he could never make it public that he was involved. And usually when money is laundered by criminals, surely they expect some return from it. Thaksin is smart enough to realise that as well as not being a team very visible on the radar of most Thais, investing in them is also tantamount to him pouring his money down the drain