Our Position Or Pompey's?

Daren W

I haven't seen any of those '-10 in Southampton' weather map gags for a few weeks - I guess the updated version is, 'it's always 0 in Pompey' - the ice age cometh...

The wheels have properly come off the band wagon now, no points, no fans, no cash, no future, unless the fake Dr wins the lottery - though I will feel more comfortable when they are ten points adrift.

Would love more facts on the Al Fahim-Jackson deal, if that was confirmed and made common knowledge it would be hilarious.

Meanwhile the blue few cup glory hunters have scuttled off to support Chelsea or Man City.

After four years of ludicrous Saturday afternoons where we would lose to a late late joke of a goal and they would beat Man Utd or something equally ridiculous, order is finally being restored.

Life is good, the future is red and white.

I think it strange to see both clubs in their current position.

For the first time in 50 odd years the blue few are in the top flight whilst we linger at the foot of the 3rd tier.

As for plight - everything comes to those who wait.

We have a decent stadium, a fan base, and a financially secure future.

I know which one I would chose!

Why is everyone so obsessed with them down the road?

We won't be playing them again for years - and knowing both clubs fortunes we will pass each other and not have a league clash for many seasons.

Let's just concentrate on getting our club up and let the slide in Southsea remain at the fun fair!

Ive been away for the weekend, had to catch the Yeovil result on my mobile and not had a chance to get on here, so I'm sure its already been mentioned that if we win next week and p*mp*y lose we'll overtake their points tally. That would be nice........:)

Ive been away for the weekend, had to catch the Yeovil result on my mobile and not had a chance to get on here, so I'm sure its already been mentioned that if we win next week and p*mp*y lose we'll overtake their points tally. That would be nice........:)

Correct, it has - but only a few times, so once more won't hurt...! :)

There's a rumour on one of their message boards that David O'Leary or GLEN HODDLE have been lined up to replace Hart (allegedly this comes from Harry Harris). Can't see either of them getting them out of their predicament, but just imagine Hoddle at P*mpey - he'd be even more popular in these parts!

In today's Guardian (Wed 23rd Sept)

"A PL spokesman confirmed last night that the league is still awaiting for confirmation that Fahim's Portsmouth deal has been concluded and has not yet received evidence about where his money is coming from".

I suggest the PL pull their finger out and then pull the plug on Fahim.

Actually on 2nd thoughts perhaps not - leave him where he is, he can only push them further into the mire!

In today's Guardian (Wed 23rd Sept)

"A PL spokesman confirmed last night that the league is still awaiting for confirmation that Fahim's Portsmouth deal has been concluded and has not yet received evidence about where his money is coming from".

I suggest the PL pull their finger out and then pull the plug on Fahim.

Actually on 2nd thoughts perhaps not - leave him where he is, he can only push them further into the mire!

The Guardian really has their teeth into P*mpey and "Dr" Fahim. Always good reading...

Latest news on the Blue few:- Fahim has intimated that he isn't going to open his wallet before next Summer! I suspect that if he did, all that would fly out would be a few moths.

Of course, by next Summer, they will be in the Fizzy Pop league. Apparently his future policy is not to buy players, but develop them through the youth ranks like Arsenal. I wonder how many promising youngsters will be prepared to join a club like theirs in freefall.

Perhaps some of our tame Skate posters on here might express an opinion attempting to justify the fake Sheik not spending in the January window.

I know we are bottom of league 1 with negative points , but there is more positivity and fan unity than I can remember in soooo long. We have cleared out so much deadwood and resentment that had buit up over decades and we are slowly but surely recovering.

One of the only clubs in England debt free, got to be happy with that

I'd take our posiotion anyday - we have been in Pompeys place before and it was a miserable time indeed

Peter Trembling in today's Guardian following Campbell's departure: "For any fan that bought a new Notts' shirt and had 'Campbell' printed on the back, I am pleased to offer a voucher for the club shop for a replacement shirt". lol

Wonder what 'specials' they're offering down the road....doubtless there's a bunch of spurned inbreds with harry tattoos.

Edited by shurlock

Latest news on the Blue few:- Fahim has intimated that he isn't going to open his wallet before next Summer! I suspect that if he did, all that would fly out would be a few moths.QUOTE]

He seems to be trying to Asset Strip a club with no Assets. How the hell did a bloke with a business brain like this get to front the Arab Apprentice?

:o

Latest news on the Blue few:- Fahim has intimated that he isn't going to open his wallet before next Summer! I suspect that if he did, all that would fly out would be a few moths.QUOTE]

He seems to be trying to Asset Strip a club with no Assets. How the hell did a bloke with a business brain like this get to front the Arab Apprentice?

:o

There will be no wallet opening ceremony in janners, Word is the shifty sheik had to lone moneys off the Ruski Jew ***** to bye the fookin joint, At 5 mill intrest a year!:smt073 So we have less than a pot to pizz in.

we cant evan afford the lube for the anal party if we are relagated.

As for trying to asset strip us, The dune co*n may not be as silly as you think. PFC has land in Turk Town, fairham and a a large chunk of the fratton goods yard. I would think his mates Mr Barret, and Wimpy, would be interested.

There will be no wallet opening ceremony in janners, Word is the shifty sheik had to lone moneys off the Ruski Jew ***** to bye the fookin joint, At 5 mill intrest a year!:smt073 So we have less than a pot to pizz in.

we cant evan afford the lube for the anal party if we are relagated.

As for trying to asset strip us, The dune co*n may not be as silly as you think. PFC has land in Turk Town, fairham and a a large chunk of the fratton goods yard. I would think his mates Mr Barret, and Wimpy, would be interested.

I'm well impressed with such eloquence, have you considered a career in philosophical tuition?

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5578215,00.html

He really is clinically insane. He wants to invest in infrastructure before they buy new players. Yeah, because a premiership standard stadium, outstanding academy and rediculously good catering saved us in 04/05.

Of course, another answer could be that a Saints fan sent him a business plan they knew would not work......;)

'I am concerned that the coverage generated will distract the players from their preparations for Saturday's crucial game.

'I will convene this meeting again at the earliest opportunity.

'Play up Pompey!'

lol @ that

esp. the ''Play up pompey''

ahh it's brilliant, loving it.

My favourite readers comment is this absolute gem:

He's probably done this because he read the other thread with our ridiculous fans having a go at him all the time. Get behind him and give him a chance.

I support you anyway Fahim.

Oh yes, there are some "you people and your messageboard comments have ruined everything" types amongst the blue few as well.

Hilarious.

'I am concerned that the coverage generated will distract the players from their preparations for Saturday's crucial game.

'I will convene this meeting again at the earliest opportunity.

'Play up Pompey!'

lol @ that

esp. the ''Play up pompey''

ahh it's brilliant, loving it.

The 'play up pompey' bit at the end reminded me of our very own Michael Wilde doing his COYR at the end of his messages lol.

''i have been in contact with peter storie tonight and he is at breaking point and could walk away from the club !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he has told me that he cannot carry on this way ,

we the fans need to do something to stop this from happening

whether you like the man or not without him we are truly fooked !!!!!!!

lets stand together and show the world we wont allow our club to be laughed at again !!!!!!

ONE CITY , ONE CLUB , ONE SET OF FANS

WE ARE POMPEY !!!!!!!!!!''

:rolleyes:

''i have been in contact with peter storie tonight and he is at breaking point and could walk away from the club !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he has told me that he cannot carry on this way ,

we the fans need to do something to stop this from happening

whether you like the man or not without him we are truly fooked !!!!!!!

lets stand together and show the world we wont allow our club to be laughed at again !!!!!!

ONE CITY , ONE CLUB , ONE SET OF FANS

WE ARE POMPEY !!!!!!!!!!''

:rolleyes:

Storie finally seeing sense. Walk away from the car crash, don't stay put.

Love their venom, particularly against Redknapp. Says it all for a club that their most hated manager is also the one who has brought them the most success they have had in recent history.

Awful, awful club.

Actually, no, they are not a valid club, they are simply an asset to be exploited.

Thank heavens our current "custodians" are well funded and seemingly benevolent.

Just think, it's only about three months since the time when we were due to disappear into oblivion and they were going to be taken over by the obscenely wealthy Arab who had arranged the takeover of Man City. How the Skates laughed at Fialka and and our photocopier salesman, how they enjoyed coming one here and giving it large as to what a Mickey Mouse club we had become.

It really has been delicious to have the euphoria of not only being saved, but being taken over by one of the richest owners in British football and simultaneously finding out that the lot down the road have unearthed a genuine 24 carat clown, somebody who might yet make even Lowe look like an astute businessman.

If the fake sheik isn't going to spend any dosh in the January transfer window, then they are as good as down now. And the blue few must feel increasing anguish that Storrie teller had somebody else lined up who would have been hard pressed to have been less of a clown than this charlatan Fahim. He has postponed the meeting with the fans' groups and they are now accusing him of chickening out and some are even in their usual eloquent manner calling him to depart thence in a copulatory manner. How ironic that there could even yet be protest marches to the ground from angry fans demanding he leave.

Contrast that to our Radio Solent forum fans' meeting which was all sweetness and light, all unity and goodwill. Nothing else to discuss but the footballing issues. How dull our club has become in the scene of things on the South coast! ;)

P*rtsmouth ******s giving it the large one, thinking they aere great, they dont even udnrerstand the concept of well supported club.. The cheek of it... And then some glory hunter Arsenal fan banging my head against a taxi window... Luckless and hopeless Premier League outfits, both never gonna win the league, and good I say.

Now one of their former crowd favourites is tipping them for the drop if they lose to Everton.

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,15205_5580473,00.html

I can see his logic tho, if they do lose they have to play Liverpool,Man Utd and Chelsea twice thats 18 points that i dont think they are going to get that they will be lucky to get 5 points max.

So you could the rest of their season depends on tommorrows result lol!

Come on Everton, Feed the Yak and he will score!!!! lol

the fans meeting is back on....

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/index.php?cms_ref=home&goto=news&qs_article_id=2911

this guy is a lunatic...he really is...talks about signing the likes of david villa

"This [cancellation of the fans meeting] was primarily because I felt it would be a distraction to the game tomorrow"... OR COS NO ONE WOULD HAVE SHOWED UP.

jesus even some of their fans are delusional..

one thinks this..

You have nothing dozzy scummer.

Scum CC owen the land scum marys built on

norwich Union still own the ground

Barclays still owed £4m

All the swissrole has paid is the other creditors.

He's even made a profit in the transfer window.

you're still bleeding money.

League 2 next season.

PMSL.

114 years as a football club and won fook all.