Our Position Or Pompey's?

Daren W

Devondale Investments, I believe, is an offshore Company who own, Milan Deveopments (2004) Ltd who in turn own Portsmouth City FC Ltd. The latter 2 have negative net worth because of the mountain of liabilities, according to last registered accounting info. We cannot get details of offshore Company's accounts. It looks therefore that Gaydamak may have walked away in exchange for the Sheik taking over the business (and the liabilities). Things just the same as before then.

the ice cream seller's jobs for next week -

1. Buy two failed Championship players before the window shuts.

2. Hold awkward meeting with Standard Bank to explain why the debt hasn't been cleared.

3. Hold even more awkward meeting with Barclays to stop them serving a winding up order.

4. Put out press release talking of new stadium, and how the club will be the biggest in the world.

5. Interview the 6,000 hardcore fans individually to gauge opinion.

6. Sack Storrie.

7. Settle with Hydra investors out of court.

8. Secure £100M of investment.

9. Be photographed on a digger holding a scarf.

10. Deal with writs from rival consortium.

11. Get rid of the machine guns left in the board room.

12. Pick up Diego from the airport.

13. Agree terms with the Barcelona and Real Madrid squads.

14. Order pies for the next home game.

15. Order advertising banners to cover empty seating areas.

16. Buy extra cornets for the van, looks like a hot week.

17. Ring Storrie and find out where the rest of the cash went.

18. Buy some lucky heather.

19. Diet.

20. Call Mark Fry.

2. Hold awkward meeting with Standard Bank to explain why the debt hasn't been cleared.

3. Hold even more awkward meeting with Barclays to stop them serving a winding up order.

4. Put out press release talking of new stadium, and how the club will be the biggest in the world.

6. Sack Storrie.

19. Diet.

20. Call Mark Fry.

21 Employ Mr "Lienam" as Press Officer/Consortium "Lieason" Officer .....the "Pinnacle" of his career ...........:cool:

6. Sack Storrie.

19. Diet.

20. Call Mark Fry.

Meant to include this as well...wonderful stuff!:D:D:D

6. Sack Storrie.

19. Diet.

20. Call Mark Fry.

Lol that would look good on a Pompey message board...any volunteers?

Old people and the internet eh??:)

hurc4o.jpg

I was musing about how good it would be to be able to buy a shirt like that to wear in Skateland. On the back, you could print the names of all the players who have left recently, crossing all of them through. At the bottom of the shirt under those names, you could print "Sod it. I'm off to watch the Scum instead"

I was musing about how good it would be to be able to buy a shirt like that to wear in Skateland. On the back, you could print the names of all the players who have left recently, crossing all of them through. At the bottom of the shirt under those names, you could print "Sod it. I'm off to watch the Scum instead"
For how long do you think it would be "fun" before you found yourself wearing a brick ;-)

I think you should do it. After all Pompey fans are known for their sense of humour and tolerance. What a chuckle they will have when you walk through Paulsgrove.

;-)

K.

6. Sack Storrie.

19. Diet.

20. Call Mark Fry.

:lol: very good.

According to my recently received FA Diary it the FA Premier League.

I presume they would know.

The 'company' was "The F.A. Premier League" until the 07/08 season when the officially shortened it to "The Premier League" and rebranded the 'competition' the "Barclays Premier League" (it was formally the "Barclays Premiership", the "Barclaycard Premiership" and the "FA Carling Premiership")

The 'company' was "The F.A. Premier League" until the 07/08 season when the officially shortened it to "The Premier League" and rebranded the 'competition' the "Barclays Premier League" (it was formally the "Barclays Premiership", the "Barclaycard Premiership" and the "FA Carling Premiership")

Why don't they call it the first division, the second division, third, etc? That would be too simple and wouldn't sound as good from a marketing point of view.

Breaking news - Silvain Distin off to Everton, terms agreed pending a medical. Another quality player out of the door, more dross heading to Krap Nottarf in exchange.

Mike Williamson has asked Watford to be released, seems like pimpey are building a team for the future.............................. in the championship?

Mike Williamson has asked Watford to be released, seems like pimpey are building a team for the future.............................. in the championship?

Well, the fake sheik has admitted that money won't really be available before the next transfer window in January. By that time, playing with what they've got left now, plus the dross they've signed, they'll be well on the way to relegation by January. The morale must be leeching out of the squad already with no points from 9 and will reduce further with any other departures. If they're bottom by January, who will fancy coming in when they are good candidates to be playing Fizzy Pop next season?

Not going to be smug but we have invested heavily at 3/1 for relegation and 12 to 1 to finish bottom. Sadly They are now odds on for relegation and 7/2 to finish bottom.

Somebody on this site tipped me off about these prices

I wonder if the bookies will pay out early?? You never know Pompey may be so far adrift by February, the bookies may pay out early!!

just reporting on ssn that fake sheik has paid £4m for pimpey, storrie is a bit peessed that he didn't get it & is reconsidering his position at krap notarf.

Did I mishear it then

Thought South Today said the fake Sheik had been PAID £4m to take over the Gob****es

Did I mishear it then

Thought South Today said the fake Sheik had been PAID £4m to take over the Gob****es

He hasn't paid off their debts, he's ''absorbed'' them himself, which is why it's so cheap.

So in reality, they're still in debt. - just structured and taken on in a different way.

Oh dear! Sunderland turn down the Skate bid for Nosworthy. Not having much luck, are they?

And Fahim just bought Pompey for a mere £5 million plus taking on their debts. And there are noises being made that the financial side of the deal will have to undergo forensic investigation to establish that somebody like Shinawatra isn't behind the scenes trying to launder the fruits of his corruption in Thailand.

Oh dear! Sunderland turn down the Skate bid for Nosworthy. Not having much luck, are they?

And Fahim just bought Pompey for a mere £5 million plus taking on their debts. And there are noises being made that the financial side of the deal will have to undergo forensic investigation to establish that somebody like Shinawatra isn't behind the scenes trying to launder the fruits of his corruption in Thailand.

Or more likely The Dr's mates at Man City...

Still rather be in there position than ours

I suppose only time will tell. IF they are on the same slippery slope as we have been on then I don`t envy them at all. At least we have , I hope, bottomed-out and are slowly on the way back up. If they manage to stay up and re-establish themselves in the Prem then that`s a different matter!

I suppose only time will tell. IF they are on the same slippery slope as we have been on then I don`t envy them at all. At least we have , I hope, bottomed-out and are slowly on the way back up. If they manage to stay up and re-establish themselves in the Prem then that`s a different matter!

Funny really how the barometer has swung just in the past couple of months. When the fake sheik arrived on the scene, I'd have certainly envied them, as it seemed that they were going to continue to have money thrown at them, whereas we were headed towards oblivion. Then we were taken over by the mega-rich owner and it became increasingly unlikely that their takeover would take place.

At the moment, I'm jubilant that the fake sheik has completed his takeover, as he doesn't seem to have sufficient funds to invest in the players good enough to keep them up and the transfer deadline date is almost upon them, so long has been the delay in getting this far. I'm not convinced that the quality of players they have got in is good enough to keep them up and if they go down, that will be curtains for them.

We both need a win, but we are only a little short of a squad that can produce a string of wins, whereas they are miles short of a squad that can survive in the Premiership. If they continue their run of losses, the falling morale in the squad and fanbase will be corrosive and they will be in a downward spiral whichg is difficult to reverse.

Funny really how the barometer has swung just in the past couple of months. When the fake sheik arrived on the scene, I'd have certainly envied them, as it seemed that they were going to continue to have money thrown at them, whereas we were headed towards oblivion. Then we were taken over by the mega-rich owner and it became increasingly unlikely that their takeover would take place.

At the moment, I'm jubilant that the fake sheik has completed his takeover, as he doesn't seem to have sufficient funds to invest in the players good enough to keep them up and the transfer deadline date is almost upon them, so long has been the delay in getting this far. I'm not convinced that the quality of players they have got in is good enough to keep them up and if they go down, that will be curtains for them.

We both need a win, but we are only a little short of a squad that can produce a string of wins, whereas they are miles short of a squad that can survive in the Premiership. If they continue their run of losses, the falling morale in the squad and fanbase will be corrosive and they will be in a downward spiral whichg is difficult to reverse.

the next 3-4 games will say a lot for their chances.Players like Distin etc are no good in a relegation scrap wheras the ones in want to stay above their level and so will fight all the way.I want them to find their true level but believe they will scrape out of it due to the poor quality of teams with them.Bolton,Wigan, Burnley, Wolves Hull Brum and perhaps Stoke will not get enough points to send them down.

the next 3-4 games will say a lot for their chances.Players like Distin etc are no good in a relegation scrap wheras the ones in want to stay above their level and so will fight all the way.I want them to find their true level but believe they will scrape out of it due to the poor quality of teams with them.Bolton,Wigan, Burnley, Wolves Hull Brum and perhaps Stoke will not get enough points to send them down.

Not sure why you keep saying their departed players are no good in a relegation scrap - they did pretty well for them last season.

Replacing good players with average and poor ones will not help you, relegation scrap or not.

Looks like D James is off too.

They may stay up but I think they have to be one of the favourites to go down. It is evident that the plan is to muddle through this season - a very dangerous strategy.