Our Position Or Pompey's?

Daren W

A very good read and it proves just how fecked they are financially. They're only just breaking even now with the **** poor squad. Unless they get some finance in before Jan transfer window things aren't looking rosy.

It still might be too late as they could well be adrift at the bottom by the end of the year before they could improve the squad or change the manager. How would they attract an investor into a club heading for the CCC?

The next few games are crucial for them:

Aston Villa (A)

Everton (H)

Wolves (A)

Spurs (H)

Hull (A)

Wigan (H)

Blackburn (A)

Stoke (A)

Carp damn blast and curses

Here I am jetlagged after my vacation, still doing the washing and my trip to Florida for work that was supposed to be Thursday is now 7:45am tomorrow....arrrgghh

My humble apologies to our dear constant reader (sorry Mr King) but the magical fairy tale will have to wait until I find a wireless network in Venice Beach over the weekend.

Have a good weekend and we're assured a win on Saturday now as I will be somewhere off the Gulf with a 6 pack and a fishing rod before conferencing myself across to Orlando.

Hope to get to a pub selling 6X in Salisbury tomorrow night on my stop over though!

So Al Fahim now claims to have organised re-financing....'in principle'.

Could be a shrewd move if he has sold half the club he will half own if his backers eventually prove clean enough for the Premier League, (in principle) - so looks like a nailed on done deal, and a rosy future!

Though there is one nagging minor issue, I still don't see any actual, how can I put it, money, on the table.

Up the Villa.

Carp damn blast and curses

Here I am jetlagged after my vacation, still doing the washing and my trip to Florida for work that was supposed to be Thursday is now 7:45am tomorrow....arrrgghh

My humble apologies to our dear constant reader (sorry Mr King) but the magical fairy tale will have to wait until I find a wireless network in Venice Beach over the weekend.

Have a good weekend and we're assured a win on Saturday now as I will be somewhere off the Gulf with a 6 pack and a fishing rod before conferencing myself across to Orlando.

Hope to get to a pub selling 6X in Salisbury tomorrow night on my stop over though!

In the light of all this shameless 'I've been everywhere' bragging you might as well change you username to Phileas Phil .

Btw this Global Warming business - it's all down to you . :D

Taken from the article in The News:-

"Storrie also said he had seen nothing of a 48-page dossier that was said to have been drawn up by Al Fahim in the run-up to the takeover. He said it could have been a publicity stunt."

I reckon that somehow he got a copy of Michael Wilde's manifesto telling us how we'd got our club back and then just altered Southampton to Portsmouth.;)

So Al Fahim now claims to have organised re-financing....'in principle'.

Could be a shrewd move if he has sold half the club he will half own if his backers eventually prove clean enough for the Premier League, (in principle) - so looks like a nailed on done deal, and a rosy future!

Though there is one nagging minor issue, I still don't see any actual, how can I put it, money, on the table.

Up the Villa.

I think you are all being a bit harsh on Al Fahim ......

..... I myself went to my Bank Manager, and he agreed "in principle" to give me a loan ..............

... However, he did add, that if I were to actually apply for one, he'd tell me to get stuffed !!!!!!

Funny old world, Finance, ..... innit ??????????

Met up with Dubai Phil last night for a drink in Salisbury before he goes to Florida on business/pleasure.

His revelations are both alarming and amusing. He tells it well and I hope he finds time very soon to post it.

I thought the 2007/2008 era of "I know something that someone ITK told me but I can't tell you...however, I'm going to post that I know anyway" posting was banned on here now....? ;):)

Taken from the article in The News:-

"Storrie also said he had seen nothing of a 48-page dossier that was said to have been drawn up by Al Fahim in the run-up to the takeover. He said it could have been a publicity stunt."

I reckon that somehow he got a copy of Michael Wilde's manifesto telling us how we'd got our club back and then just altered Southampton to Portsmouth.;)

Actually it's worse than that - he got hold of a copy of LLS brilliant 'Blueprint for Success' - can't go wrong with that, Beckham, Bridges and all sorts on it...! ;)

Actually it's worse than that - he got hold of a copy of LLS brilliant 'Blueprint for Success' - can't go wrong with that, Beckham, Bridges and all sorts on it...! ;)

Actually, if I hadn't just had a 9 hour flight and a 4 hour drive, I could tell you that it is actually even funnier than that...

But you are so very nearly right, just the wrong blueprint

Maybe tomorrow after golf, I have a decent web access here at my mates... jeez venice Beach, nice place but I reckon I'm the youngest person here by at least 3 years.

Cheers for the 6X Wendesday Nick, was good to catch up

Welcome to the Pompey Online Message Boards

Hi and welcome to the message boards. At the moment, we require users to log in to the forum to view and post. If you aren't registered with the forum, just click on the register option under the login area, and you'll have access in a couple of minutes.

Please be aware that, to stop spamming and to keep the forum as trouble free as possible, we currently do not allow registration using Hotmail, Yahoo, MSN or other free global email services. If you have no other choice but to use these emails, let us know by emailing admin@pompeyonline.com.

1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
  2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Password:

Forgotten Your Password? Remember Me? The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page.

And!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Obviously none of you have signed up!

Have just registered. I see that you managed to get yourself banned after just one thread and two posts..!!! Must be an all time record. ;)

Reading it though - the Blue Few are far from happy it would appear - anarchy reigns.

I'm not sure it would be wise to post anything under my user name of St Micky - looks like they just ban Saints fans on the spot, whether coming in peace or not.

:smt082

Welcome back dear constant reader, to a tale that, depending on which side of the bed you awoke from this morning could be the horror tale from the land of nightmares, or it could be the beginning of the end for any chance of our fishy friends holding any last hope for their season.

Yes, this tale will have more typos than the Grauniad, and worse sentences than Dan Brown, but here goes.

In those hectic final days before the fall of Rome, urban legend holds that the saviour of our club was turning no stone, sparing all expense in the search to re-finance our failing CCC heroes, the legend remains, but his hordes of global superstars were on the case.

In these dark days, our own Pantomime Villain was seeking far and wide to be able to "Do a Bournemouth" and pull a last minute rescue out of the fire.

Yes, Mark Jackson's consortium were seeking the finance to mount that elusive rescue bid.

Now here lies the first true horror, urban legend had held that the fabled MJ was funding the dream by leasing a couple of dodgy second hand copiers, but oh no, the middlemen of the world were in full flow, the dodgy brokers and agents were burning the midnight oil and spending nothing on international calls via Skype & MSN in the search for a saviour....

And then, in the misty depths of the first week of April came a call...... "I have a guy in the Middle East who has a client who wants to buy a football club..........."

Oh, not another one, came the reply, hell, put him in the queue on hold behind the King of Saudi, The Shah of Iran and the Queen of Sheba, but move Mickey Mouse and Dan Williams down the line....

And so, from the depths of the command bunker that was the MJ strategy headquarters, the word went out.... Phil, help, we've got someone down your way and I need to go meet Paul Allen and Steve Jobs next week, can you sort this out?

So here we are, what a tough decision, do I cancel Bullfrog & Karaoke Night or do I drop everything and charge to the rescue like some latter day Lawrence of Arabia........

Part two will be available shortly after I open a can of Bud... How on earth is that stuff called beer?

So, a broker in the Middle East has a client who wants to lend MJ the money to take over Southampton and save us from the horrors of Admin whilst getting rid of Wilde, Lowe and the the rest of the "hangers on"

My job is to make contact and ascertain the viability of the investor.

Emails are sent, draft business proposals are exchanged, but the agent will not sign an NDA.

The money man is based out of Abu Dhabi, but lives in Dubai, he has a successful track record in leading acquisitions of "soccer clubs in England"...

My job - check him out, see if he is serious and viable.....

So, with some help from a very good friend I get a list of the basic requirements...

Who is the buyer?

What is his standing and reputation?

Would he pass the FL FAPP test?

Does he have the funds?

Will he be the beneficial owner?

Is he a tyre kicker?

So, off I go,

Problem 1 - He was involved in the Man City takeover, so the problem comes is he independent from undue influence re the FAPP?

Problem 2 - He doesn't have any actual money of his own (source was local business contacts). This leaves his source as either his friends in Abu Dhabi (who are family members of the owners of Man City) or his other best friend, Mr Thaksin... and suddenly we have not only the FAPP problem but we have the "Beneficial Owner" problem.

Problem 3 - His cv locally and his standing in the business field?

Problem 4 - Is he worse than Rupert?

Now, being fair, all I have to go on are friends and contacts made over 16 years, and no doubt, "The Principle" almost certainly has no idea what is being done by the Middlemen in his name, and there has never been a formal "Dunn & Bradstreet type search.

So, after about 3 days of work, the word goes back to MJ.....

And, yep, here it is Hypo......

Mark Jackson turned down Sultan Bin Trump as a partner to buy Saints as not being of suitable standing, finances or likely to pass the FL approval process.

He knew that the club was in trouble, he new that he could have saved it and been a hero, and maybe even got a nice job out of it (Chairman Jacko!) and yet, he looked at it and said, no, this woud be worse than Rupert.

SBT was not deemed good enough to even fund Whacko's dreams....

And yet the Skates welcomed him all those months ago with open arms.

Guys, up the road my sympathy

Mark Jackson turned down Sultan Bin Trump as a partner to buy Saints as not being of suitable standing, finances or likely to pass the FL approval process.

Is that it?

I would have been surprised if he didn't look at Saints.

Got the "fit and proper person" test result wrong too. And given he has completed the takeover at Pompey, got that bit wrong too.

To be honest I trust Marc Jackon's judgement less than I would trust a five year olds. The fact that they didn't work together is probably a plus point in the fake sheik's favour.

Phil.

Was it wrong that after Reading your "story" I am sat here (at work) with a large grin on my face.

Could not happen to a nicer club. And I hope they rot for te rest of the season

don't know who they have for their next 3 games but I will litterally wet myself with laughter if we get to 1 point before them. (really we already have but hey ho) especily after the was many if them have been rubbing it in our faces about our position...

I cannot wait for the moment we beat them at SMS and wipe out that day at fratton. It will be an amazing atmosphere I'm sure.

He knew that the club was in trouble, he new that he could have saved it and been a hero, and maybe even got a nice job out of it (Chairman Jacko!) and yet, he looked at it and said, no, this woud be worse than Rupert.

SBT was not deemed good enough to even fund Whacko's dreams....

And yet the Skates welcomed him all those months ago with open arms.

Guys, up the road my sympathy

Cheers Whacko, you turned out to be a hero then! Who'd a thought it?

And cheers Phil for marking Whacko's card about that arabian whacko!

Now here's the funny thing... maybe the skates evolving protest movement will seek to draft in Rupert (yes him :mad:) as a better alternative to what Gaydamak has lumbered them with!!!

I can see it all now as the protesters frogmarch their way down Frogmore Rd chanting their slogan loud and proud in their best chav voices, "We want Rupert IN, when do we want it NOW"...

:D :D :D

Thanks dubai, and thanks for your previous explanation for your reticence.... it all adds up.

It's great, I get to feel sympathy for Pompey and their long-suffering supporters (and all supporters are in it together in that respect), but then I also get to s****** and stiffle a giggle at their expense.