Our Position Or Pompey's?

Daren W

Tonight at football I was speaking with one of the blue few and he basically said he went to their fans meeting and "matey", whether it was Al-Fahim or Storrie, told him that they would be spending "loads of money". But it was reported that there would not be any money spent. Pompey hierarchy lying to their fans? Not an ideal start... Disaster waiting to happen.

I have no sympathy for Portsmuff...Maybe slightly for some of the genuine fans....But only very slightly.

The question is....How the hell did the FA/Prem league allow Gaydermam and now this Arabic chappie with NO money anywhere near an English football team. Something decidely not quite right with either or that Storrie/Redknapp financial group....Like most of pro football who let these unacceptable characters in boardrooms across the country......Thank God we have NC and ML.........Will we be making a donation/collection to support Pumpey?

Thought not. 19 will be tearing his hair out at his team going down the plug hole...Shame....

COYRS

Sounded like they played pretty well second half.

I think Nugent would have put a couple of those chances away :)

They are only missing a goalscorer, but I guess all the other teams need to do now is pack the defence and use the counter attack with the skates forced to play catch up in the points department.

From a Sol Campbell interview....

"Let's be honest - I knew the standard of football was going to be dramatically different from the Premier League.

"And as for the trip to Morecambe¿ the facilities at Morecambe, they weren't actually that bad. I've seen worse.

"Remember, I used to be at Portsmouth - have you seen Fratton Park? Have you been to the training ground?

Made me chortle.

From a Sol Campbell interview....

"Let's be honest - I knew the standard of football was going to be dramatically different from the Premier League.

"And as for the trip to Morecambe¿ the facilities at Morecambe, they weren't actually that bad. I've seen worse.

"Remember, I used to be at Portsmouth - have you seen Fratton Park? Have you been to the training ground?

Made me chortle.

I read that earlier, brilliant. Sol's gone up in my estimations now ;)

Pos Name.............Played....GD...Points.....Comedy Value

20th Portsmouth.........7......-10....0............GOLD!

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed our late equaliser at Carlisle but to hear on the radio that the above was the worst start in the top division since the 1930s brought me huge comfort and joy.

I'm tempted to follow them around the country enjoying their losing sequence and destruction?

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed our late equaliser at Carlisle but to hear on the radio that the above was the worst start in the top division since the 1930s brought me huge comfort and joy.

I'm tempted to follow them around the country enjoying their losing sequence and destruction?

I feel there is one or two games to go before the run comes to an end (although it would be funny if it never stopped)!

if you'd asked me at the start of the season how many points I could dream of them having after seven games I would have been happy with four or five, I can't believe they can carry on like this for too much longer, they will get something at Wolves surely...if not they are properly doomed.

And as it was when we were about to get relegated, the table doesn't currently reflect how bad it is in reality - most of us knew we were never going to bridge a small gap but people thought it was mathematically possible on both recent occasions and kept hoping for a miracle.

So their fans think they are 'just a couple of wins from safety'.

In reality they are eight points from safety already, and when you take the top five (man city?) out of the fixtures equation they already need maybe 40 points from about 23 games?

Suddenly the figures don't stack up.

Meanwhile they can't afford a new manager or players, and who wants to go there in January when they are ten points adrift and flirting with administration?

The fake Dr thinks it's good news that he is about to double the debt, it's insane - they haven't learned one thing from our public debacle, bizarre, but funny.

I can't believe they could be worse off if they had appointed a board made up of six of our maddest forum members whose only aim was to get them relegated and drive the business into the ground.

We are living in a golden era.

With PFC's odds on staying up, they have yet to play the top 4 h and a and already have played 7 with no points. That leaves 23 games to get 40 odd points and 2 points a game is top 6 form. Aint gonna happen. Nailed on relegated!!!

Ps Hart is doing a wonderful job, although rumours in the gutter trash that WGS is to be the new manager.

With PFC's odds on staying up, they have yet to play the top 4 h and a and already have played 7 with no points. That leaves 23 games to get 40 odd points and 2 points a game is top 6 form. Aint gonna happen. Nailed on relegated!!!

Ps Hart is doing a wonderful job, although rumours in the gutter trash that WGS is to be the new manager.

fair do's they already played Arsenal away and lost 4-1

Nice little fact: With 3 goals, Pompey have the worst attack in English football.

SO unfair when they've only lost Crouchie, Defoe, Nugent and..................oh just loads more. Hahahahahah!

Isn't the football world a tragedy these days :-)

It's fun to watch them sink, but far too early to say they're certain to be down already! Yes they have 23 games (outside of the top 4 teams) to play, but I think the assumption that they need 40 pts is misleading. The premiership gulf between the best and worst 6 teams is greater than it's ever been. Teams like Spurs and Man City are unlikely to drop many points against the bottom teams. I'd predict that the top teams pick up more points than usual, while the 3 teams to go down are all on record low points... I don't know how many points will bring safety, but I bet it's closer to 35(or perhaps less) than it is to 40.

(PS singing Storrie's name! How desperate is that?)

It's fun to watch them sink, but far too early to say they're certain to be down already! Yes they have 23 games (outside of the top 4 teams) to play, but I think the assumption that they need 40 pts is misleading. The premiership gulf between the best and worst 6 teams is greater than it's ever been. Teams like Spurs and Man City are unlikely to drop many points against the bottom teams. I'd predict that the top teams pick up more points than usual, while the 3 teams to go down are all on record low points... I don't know how many points will bring safety, but I bet it's closer to 35(or perhaps less) than it is to 40.

(PS singing Storrie's name! How desperate is that?)

Given the dross that's down there, it may well be a shoot-out between Pompey, Wolves, Hull and Burnley and somewhere around 30 points may keep them up. I think though that they will need to get a good run going somewhere to stay up and to do that they may need a couple of good results against the big boys.

Storrie admits he was close to resigning last week.

But he has decided to stay on after the Fratton Park fans chanted his name during Saturday's 1-0 defeat by Everton.

He added: "It has been hard and frustrating.

"But when the crowd sings your name, it makes you think 'Blimey, that doesn't happen to many chief executives'.

"It made me feel quite humble."

Or to put it another way:

"It wasn't hard and frustrating signing off the inflated wages of the past few years without raising concerns as CEO to the future viability of the club, but now we are in the s*** it was really nothing to do with me you know. But when the crowd sings your name it does make you think how naive they really are and besides who else is going to pay a chancer like me nearly £1.5 million a year. It made me feel like buying a big boat at Hamble"

Storrie admits he was close to resigning last week.

But he has decided to stay on after the Fratton Park fans chanted his name during Saturday's 1-0 defeat by Everton.

He added: "It has been hard and frustrating.

"But when the crowd sings your name, it makes you think 'Blimey, that doesn't happen to many chief executives'.

"It made me feel quite humble."

Or to put it another way:

"It wasn't hard and frustrating signing off the inflated wages of the past few years without raising concerns as CEO to the future viability of the club, but now we are in the s*** it was really nothing to do with me you know. But when the crowd sings your name it does make you think how naive they really are and besides who else is going to pay a chancer like me nearly £1.5 million a year. It made me feel like buying a big boat at Hamble"

I am sure we used to chant the name of our chief recently departed CEO!

looks like another cheap option, I give it six weeks before the fake Dr does another U-turn and McAllister takes over, though they might be better off playing him.

Lets make the most of this hilarity, it can't last much longer, any gathering of players will eventually stumble across a point, in the meantime, let's go past their points tally tonight.