Our Position Or Pompey's?

Daren W

Only 50 million. that's a relief I'm sure i read on here that it was 100m. One thing that has been concerning me is that a mate told me that some people in Southampton that look like Rupert are having plastic surgery. That made me put two things together. Firstly no one looks as much like rupert as rupert, has he had those rosy cheeks seen to. Secondly doesn't it strike you as strange that just when rupert disappears Al Fahim appears. Coincidence I thought. but then Neither of them had any real money themselves, both pompous. Is he Rupert in disguise? I'm looking for some reassurance here.

Is he Rupert in disguise... nah. You just happen to have got the one Arab who doesn't have any money.

However, this does raise an interesting point Eyes, and I'm not sure it's going to totally reassure you. Thing is that, as we know only too well, if admin comes then it is a thundering great lottery for the club.

Now Saints landed well and truly on their feet, but Christ on a bike it was a close run thing! You have no idea how helpless you feel as every tyre kicker and idiot in Christendom seems to descend from the woodwork and if no one buys you then it's all over.

If you go into admin as a PL club then someone will buy you (probably Harry) for the PL licence alone. Don't bank on them spending big on new stadia though. Critically though you can't afford to get relegated (even though you probably will!) as that opens a can of worms you may not like.

Firstly the option of no buyer will become realistic, not many buyers exist for clubs outside the PL. Our good facilities and infrastructure found us a buyer because ML knows he only has to fund decent players and he can ride a wave all the way back to the promised land (and big profits).

Poopey meanwhile simply do not have PL facilities or crowd potential. It would cost a fortune to get them back there and particularly to keep them up. Ask Gaydamak, he spent a fortune as the club wasn't self sufficient, but eventually ran out of money. Now he's gone it's all downhill from here I fear.

Now here's the rub, if you are up for sale as a CCC club be afraid, be very afraid, as all the idiots will be out of the woodwork again. If one of them manages to pull off a deal it will probably make the Arab bloke's tenure seem like nirvana. But Eyes, in response to your above post, you may not have to worry about disguises as the real thing may very well cast covetous eyes towards Krap Nottarf and then your problems will only just be starting, believe me!

The dark lord may well think he can thumb his nose at us from a safe 27 mile distance and he is certain to think he can save money by disbanding almost everything you have in place and running the whole shabang by himself!!

Actually, I think he may know where he can lay his hands on a couple of out of work Dutch coaches only too willing to implement a total football structure with your youth team players...

Good luck if it comes to that and do watch out for the PR plants on your forums telling you to shut up should you dare to query their master. :D

Is he Rupert in disguise... nah. You just happen to have got the one Arab who doesn't have any money.

However, this does raise an interesting point Eyes, and I'm not sure it's going to totally reassure you. Thing is that, as we know only too well, if admin comes then it is a thundering great lottery for the club.

Now Saints landed well and truly on their feet, but Christ on a bike it was a close run thing! You have no idea how helpless you feel as every tyre kicker and idiot in Christendom seems to descend from the woodwork and if no one buys you then it's all over.

If you go into admin as a PL club then someone will buy you (probably Harry) for the PL licence alone. Don't bank on them spending big on new stadia though. Critically though you can't afford to get relegated (even though you probably will!) as that opens a can of worms you may not like.

Firstly the option of no buyer will become realistic, not many buyers exist for clubs outside the PL. Our good facilities and infrastructure found us a buyer because ML knows he only has to fund decent players and he can ride a wave all the way back to the promised land (and big profits).

Poopey meanwhile simply do not have PL facilities or crowd potential. It would cost a fortune to get them back there and particularly to keep them up. Ask Gaydamak, he spent a fortune as the club wasn't self sufficient, but eventually ran out of money. Now he's gone it's all downhill from here I fear.

Now here's the rub, if you are up for sale as a CCC club be afraid, be very afraid, as all the idiots will be out of the woodwork again. If one of them manages to pull off a deal it will probably make the Arab bloke's tenure seem like nirvana. But Eyes, in response to your above post, you may not have to worry about disguises as the real thing may very well cast covetous eyes towards Krap Nottarf and then your problems will only just be starting, believe me!

The dark lord may well think he can thumb his nose at us from a safe 27 mile distance and he is certain to think he can save money by disbanding almost everything you have in place and running the whole shabang by himself!!

Actually, I think he may know where he can lay his hands on a couple of out of work Dutch coaches only too willing to implement a total football structure with your youth team players...

Good luck if it comes to that and do watch out for the PR plants on your forums telling you to shut up should you dare to query their master. :D

Well although I'm not pinning my hopes on, 'Trust me, I'm not a doctor.' if we did get relegated and go bust I don't see why we shouldn't land on our feet like we did before. Whereas with you someone can only make money by gaining promotion with us there is the additional possibility of redevelopment. so I don't see that our situation would be that different from when Milan took over and that didn't work out too badly for us. Still Al Fahim should be given a chance he may turn out to be good for the club if he.....sorry something pink just flew past my window.

Well although I'm not pinning my hopes on, 'Trust me, I'm not a doctor.' if we did get relegated and go bust I don't see why we shouldn't land on our feet like we did before. Whereas with you someone can only make money by gaining promotion with us there is the additional possibility of redevelopment. so I don't see that our situation would be that different from when Milan took over and that didn't work out too badly for us. Still Al Fahim should be given a chance he may turn out to be good for the club if he.....sorry something pink just flew past my window.

I'm sorry, on behalf of the cultural advisory committee I wish to point out that you are now officially in breach of regulation 1.42, subsection 8.71.

You have mentioned the evil animal in a thread about your new Arab owner. You will be traced, taken to the desert (in your case Hayling mud flats) and staked out covered with fish paste to be eaten by the crabs.

The penalty is more severe due to your use of said insult during the Holy month of Ramadan.

benjiiI predict Whacko Jacko, Andy Moat or Mickey "comedy" Fialka as their next owner.

They will be able to afford them.

Your prediction is wrong Benji. The Whacko consortium would only consider football investment with a potential UPSIDE..........

:cool:

HTH

I'm sorry, on behalf of the cultural advisory committee I wish to point out that you are now officially in breach of regulation 1.42, subsection 8.71.

You have mentioned the evil animal in a thread about your new Arab owner. You will be traced, taken to the desert (in your case Hayling mud flats) and staked out covered with fish paste to be eaten by the crabs.

The penalty is more severe due to your use of said insult during the Holy month of Ramadan.

Your prediction is wrong Benji. The Whacko consortium would only consider football investment with a potential UPSIDE..........

:cool:HTH

P*ssing myself laughing!

But I also believe that our resident Skate is mistaken to believe that if the fake sheik withdraws or is forced out through administration, it will be easy for them to find a new owner like they have before.

Anybody looking seriously at them as a decent investment opportunity, would see that there had been a succession of wealthy owners (well, apart for Fahim, that is) who had sensed the same opportunities. None of them had been able to reap any reward via development of the new stadium and most had lost heavy sums of money trying. How many would really be prepared not to take notice, or to think that they had better abilities to do what the others had failed to do? Without the Premiership income, it will be far less attractive too.

He's living in cloud cuckoo land.

They can't even sell out their bloody shed, even with discounts, kids for a quid and free school tickets. How can he say ''8 million supporters''?

To agree with Paul Merson y/day (not often i do mind...), he said that if they go down, they'll never come back up - and i do agree.

i think it's quite funny that they've been taken over by a ''Falkia'' type.

It wont be too long before we're above them - mark my words.

TBH I've not really paid any attention to them recently (we've had enough to worry about), so who is this guy???

Is he a fraud, a charlatan or a dreamer???

Has he got any money?? Is he funding their losses??

Some of the stuff in that interview, along with other snippets I've heard about him sound mental.

I know we appear to have landed on our feet with ML, but you do wonder sometimes about how perillous it is to be owned by one individual (particular if they're a charlatan, and there have been a number of them involved in football in recent years).

TBH I've not really paid any attention to them recently (we've had enough to worry about), so who is this guy???

Is he a fraud, a charlatan or a dreamer???

Has he got any money?? Is he funding their losses??

Some of the stuff in that interview, along with other snippets I've heard about him sound mental.

I know we appear to have landed on our feet with ML, but you do wonder sometimes about how perillous it is to be owned by one individual (particular if they're a charlatan, and there have been a number of them involved in football in recent years).

Tee hee, oh how I dearly want to tell a wonderful fairy tale.

Just another few days before I can and then you'll be able to lol as well, in fact, seems you already know most of it!

;)

Fahim is a brilliant self-publicist, it must be granted. He probably wrote the guff and had his press agents send it off for publication. The Yanks know little about football and even less about the history and geographical demographics of it, so he is on safe ground in thinking that they will swallow it hook line and sinker and not dismiss it as the self-serving rubbish it really is.

In reality, Fahim did not leave the group that put in place the Manchester City takeover, but was thrown of it because instead of being "quietly spoken", he had a boastful mouth on him bigger than a Texan's.

The irony will also escape most of the article's readers that despite a catchment area of 8 million, the Blue few get lower attendances in the Premiership than we do in the third division.

They also will not have an inkling that plans for the new 40,000 seater stadium will probably not get past the Local Government planning permission and will almost be impossible to justify financially should relegation take place. No mention was made that those players left the club at a time when Fahim was actively attempting to buy the club, whereas one would have thought that somebody of his immense wealth ;) would have rebuffed attempts to prise away the club's best assets.

Perhaps Fahim is already putting the publicity in place to sell on the club to some Yank billionaire, if he can find one stupid enough to pour his money down the drain.

I think they will be fine, you have to remember that Bolton and Birmingham are very good sides who may well be breaking the top four themselves, and the new striker line up looked very good.

Piquione (?) in particular looked ruthless in front of goal, in no way did he make Nugent look like Thierry Henry, and at the back they have players who can trap the ball further than many can kick it.

Once the new ground is open and the faithful 50,000 are flowing through the doors they will have Champions League and the future world cup games to savour, all under the stewardship of Maradona etc.

No, we are in a far worse state with no sign of hope.

All in all it's far too early to consider that they are in a spiral of despair that will end in financial ruin, humiliation and a fall down the league structure that makes our problems look like a blip.

We should be able to say that in six weeks if little changes.

Thought this might be interesting. Bullet points from a meeting with Pompey Exec on 12th Sept

Al Fahim does own the club

Club will be close to break even this year

Peter Storrie has saved the club this last year, and has had to fight off the banks (all of the Sky money this summer went straight to Standard Bank).

Players had to be sold as Standard Bank were calling in their debts, all Sky money this summer went straight to them

Peter Storrie is staying with the club

The club has to refinance but Al Fahim has not done that so far

Too much talk from Al Fahim, no actual doing as yet. Al Fahim is not giving answers on how the club is going to be funded

Al Fahim currently in the States seeking refinance

Al Fahim doesn't seem to have much grasp of the operations of English football...in fact, football at all

The Al Farraj brothers are still interested in getting involved in the club

The 48 page dossier doesn't exist, this seems to have been a publicity stunt

Training ground cannot start until the club receives finance

Thought this might be interesting. Bullet points from a meeting with Pompey Exec on 12th Sept

Peter Storrie has saved the club this last year, and has had to fight off the banks (all of the Sky money this summer went straight to Standard Bank).

Players had to be sold as Standard Bank were calling in their debts, all Sky money this summer went straight to them

Too much talk from Al Fahim, no actual doing as yet. Al Fahim is not giving answers on how the club is going to be funded

Al Fahim doesn't seem to have much grasp of the operations of English football...in fact, football at all

Lets hope the Al Farraj brothers find another club.It will be galling for them to yet agian find anither sugar daddy.ours is not a sugar daddy but a disiplinarian although loving.

Too much talk from Al Fahim, no actual doing as yet. Al Fahim is not giving answers on how the club is going to be funded (yes but he will make money out of it when he releases his next reality TV show down here - how I saved a historical football club from collapse all on my own))

Al Fahim currently in the States seeking refinance (Hang on, don't us Saints fans know somebody who ran around for ages trying to find refinancing?)

Al Fahim doesn't seem to have much grasp of the operations of English football...in fact, football at all (I would add operations of business in general to that one!)

The 48 page dossier doesn't exist, this seems to have been a publicity stunt (Sultan Bin Trump pulling a publicity stunt - no way)

Bless....

Think I may have given warning about these personality traits for our fishy friends elsewhere in this thread but hey ho, nobody ever listens....

Hopefully my final clarification will come in while I hack round the Creek course this afternoon and we can have a larf tomorrow

Bless....

Think I may have given warning about these personality traits for our fishy friends elsewhere in this thread but hey ho, nobody ever listens....

Hopefully my final clarification will come in while I hack round the Creek course this afternoon and we can have a larf tomorrow

perhaps you cold guide the Al Farraj brothers to a proper football club.

Lets hope the Al Farraj brothers find another club.It will be galling for them to yet agian find anither sugar daddy.ours is not a sugar daddy but a disiplinarian although loving.

They have one thing going for them - current Premier League status.

No fanbase. No stadium. No corporate facilities. No training ground or infrastructure.

Relegation then makes Pompey about as an attractive investment as Blackpool or Plymouth or Peterborough. And at least Blackpool or Plymouth could still claim - well if we establish ourselves in the Prem we'd massively increase gates.

Pompey can't say that because they have proved, conclusively, that they can't grow any bigger than the mid table CCC drudge club they were for decades. Even after winning the bloody FA Cup no one comes.

Without question their natural level has been established and any investor with half a brain can see that.

They have one thing going for them - current Premier League status.

No fanbase. No stadium. No corporate facilities. No training ground or infrastructure.

Relegation then makes Pompey about as an attractive investment as Blackpool or Plymouth or Peterborough. And at least Blackpool or Plymouth could still claim - well if we establish ourselves in the Prem we'd massively increase gates.

Pompey can't say that because they have proved, conclusively, that they can't grow any bigger than the mid table CCC drudge club they were for decades. Even after winning the bloody FA Cup no one comes.

Without question their natural level has been established and any investor with half a brain can see that.

I have said many times that they are Wigan of the South and nothing has disproved that to my mind.A small fanbase with a sugar daddy that has put them above their true worth. Many Pompey fans are decent people and i do like a lot of them, but they are a small time club.If they get real investment and a decent period of success the plastics will turn up in numbers.

I have said many times that they are Wigan of the South and nothing has disproved that to my mind.A small fanbase with a sugar daddy that has put them above their true worth. Many Pompey fans are decent people and i do like a lot of them, but they are a small time club.If they get real investment and a decent period of success the plastics will turn up in numbers.

It was noticeable how many plastics crawled out of the woodwork when they first gained promotion and Harry spent loads of dosh buying star players. I suppose that it reached its height when they won the FA Cup, had a decent Premiership position and several players in the England National team. It was galling seeing so many Skate shirts about, many encroaching further annd further on to our patch.

Now though, it is almost just as noticeable that they are disappearing as quickly as they arrived and the fall in plastics will gain momentum as they stay rooted to the foot of the Premiership, failing to gain the victories to lift them of the floor and having sold all of the players who might have brought credence to the club. If we go on a decent run, we'll start to take even more away from them, as it becomes clear that we are on the way up and they are conversely on the way back down to where they belong.

So will they break even without the re-financing going ahead, or are they dependant on Al Fahim actually finding someone?

Lol drop them a line and ask them to PM me.

Don't need to be a rocket scientist or even an ITK'er to work them out, most are mentioned pretty often in the press!

Start with Newcastle and work up the league!

I see Reading were linked with a potential 'Middle Eastern' buyout in the Sun this morning. No names of course - but surely a far better prospect if you wanted a club right now.

I see Reading were linked with a potential 'Middle Eastern' buyout in the Sun this morning. No names of course - but surely a far better prospect if you wanted a club right now.

The "Middle Eastern buyout" is not that feasible at the moment, but also be careful as to what they are defining as "Middle East'. The Gulf States (Main Oil producers) have their own issues at the moment. In the current political climate down here spending huge sums on playthings has dropped off the radar somewhat. But that doesn't mean that North Africa, or Eastern Med don't get lumped into the same bracket - hell it's an easy mistake for a Brit journo or a Yank to make (as in Wow - you're based in DooBuy, hell you must be nervous being so close to Libeeyer)....

Dubai has a National Debt close to that of France, Abu Dhabi is spending on long term infrastructure and have Man City thank you very much.

Bahrain have quietly dipped their toes into the water but stepped quietly back (where did NC used to work);).

Saudi has big problems linked to the "probable" massive Saad fraud.

Qatar are in all probability the players behind the Notts County deal. Waleed Bin Talal in Saudi was the dream owner, he looked at a number of CCC teams last season and chose one which seems to have now gone very quiet since about February time.

That then leaves individual investors. There are two problems the first being that Abu Dhabi zillionaires would be taking on "The Boss" bad move politically then the second problem there is that so many of them everywhere jumped into the property boom, where they could make 100% in 6 months on flipping property deals.

Now that market has log jammed starting from Dubai, they still have wealth but a lot of it is tied up in frozen projects that won't really move for 2 or 3 years.

There is industrialist money still around in Israel and Turkey and there are a few wiser heads about who could be interested.

ps still waiting for the darned confirmation btw!

The "Middle Eastern buyout" is not that feasible at the moment, but also be careful as to what they are defining as "Middle East'. The Gulf States (Main Oil producers) have their own issues at the moment. In the current political climate down here spending huge sums on playthings has dropped off the radar somewhat. But that doesn't mean that North Africa, or Eastern Med don't get lumped into the same bracket - hell it's an easy mistake for a Brit journo or a Yank to make (as in Wow - you're based in DooBuy, hell you must be nervous being so close to Libeeyer)....

Dubai has a National Debt close to that of France, Abu Dhabi is spending on long term infrastructure and have Man City thank you very much.

Bahrain have quietly dipped their toes into the water but stepped quietly back (where did NC used to work);).

Saudi has big problems linked to the "probable" massive Saad fraud.

Qatar are in all probability the players behind the Notts County deal. Waleed Bin Talal in Saudi was the dream owner, he looked at a number of CCC teams last season and chose one which seems to have now gone very quiet since about February time.

That then leaves individual investors. There are two problems the first being that Abu Dhabi zillionaires would be taking on "The Boss" bad move politically then the second problem there is that so many of them everywhere jumped into the property boom, where they could make 100% in 6 months on flipping property deals.

Now that market has log jammed starting from Dubai, they still have wealth but a lot of it is tied up in frozen projects that won't really move for 2 or 3 years.

There is industrialist money still around in Israel and Turkey and there are a few wiser heads about who could be interested.

ps still waiting for the darned confirmation btw!

Thanks for the update Phil, you are probably right about Middle Eastern being used in its loosest possible term but then the story was woolier than the average Welsh inhabitant!! There was no substance to it all, mind you it was the Sun, so I suspect it was a rumour from the mate of a taxi-driver who heard about from a fare who read it on the internet!!

Still Madjeski is known to want to sell at some point - the question is who would you buy? Reading for £80m with a new stadium (not sure about their training facilities) and a chance of propmotion back to the PL or Pompey for an unknown amount with a dwindling chance of staying in the PL and needing a new stadium & training ground.

(The answer at the moment would probably be buy Newcastle!!)

Fahim is a brilliant self-publicist, it must be granted. He probably wrote the guff and had his press agents send it off for publication. The Yanks know little about football and even less about the history and geographical demographics of it, so he is on safe ground in thinking that they will swallow it hook line and sinker and not dismiss it as the self-serving rubbish it really is.

In reality, Fahim did not leave the group that put in place the Manchester City takeover, but was thrown of it because instead of being "quietly spoken", he had a boastful mouth on him bigger than a Texan's.

The irony will also escape most of the article's readers that despite a catchment area of 8 million, the Blue few get lower attendances in the Premiership than we do in the third division.

They also will not have an inkling that plans for the new 40,000 seater stadium will probably not get past the Local Government planning permission and will almost be impossible to justify financially should relegation take place. No mention was made that those players left the club at a time when Fahim was actively attempting to buy the club, whereas one would have thought that somebody of his immense wealth ;) would have rebuffed attempts to prise away the club's best assets.

Perhaps Fahim is already putting the publicity in place to sell on the club to some Yank billionaire, if he can find one stupid enough to pour his money down the drain.

I think you are probably correct that he wrote it himself. It is incoherent, muddled and many journals these days just reprint or rehash press releases, as we know. It is even more clumsy than rupes's efforts who did at least employ professional PR companies (at SFC expense) to try to spread His Word. The ex doctor should try The Daily Mail, lol.

Is, the very reasonable, DeepBlue related to our own, very reasonable, Nickh?

I think we should be told. :D

Wierdly enough i thought the same thing!

I had not heard what was going on over there as to be honest i could not give a monkies about the skates. So reading it all seemed very familiar. A guy in charge who has put none of his own money in, sold your best players, likes being in the media spotlight, has a very huge ego. Anyone who disagrees with him is instantly outcast, has no plans for going forwards, has no plans for doing anything etc etc...

Is he related to Darth Lowe?

all is not well in the land of incest

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=184037

Won't be long before a few divs start a "if we all put in £500 we could own the club and be just like Barcelona" every other day like we had to endure on this forum for two years.

We need Pompey to pick some points up because Hart needs to stay in role until Christmas at least. We can't have him being sacked early doors and replaced by someone who might keep them up with 30 odd games to do it.

Like Diego Maradona.

Or Alan Curbishley.

Thanks for the update Phil, you are probably right about Middle Eastern being used in its loosest possible term but then the story was woolier than the average Welsh inhabitant!! There was no substance to it all, mind you it was the Sun, so I suspect it was a rumour from the mate of a taxi-driver who heard about from a fare who read it on the internet!!

Still Madjeski is known to want to sell at some point - the question is who would you buy? Reading for £80m with a new stadium (not sure about their training facilities) and a chance of propmotion back to the PL or Pompey for an unknown amount with a dwindling chance of staying in the PL and needing a new stadium & training ground.

(The answer at the moment would probably be buy Newcastle!!)

lol, think somebody at the Telegraph must read this forum.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/financialcrisis/6183937/Lehman-collapse-Dubai-and-Gulf-give-a-glimpse-of-a-new-world-order.html

Oh & that fans forum stuff does make the initial glee that some of our friends posted with when "an Arab was entertained at one of their games last season" look incredibly amusing

Edited by dubai_phil