Mexican Wave

docker-p

Drinking warm lager doesn't encourage the team either. I'm taking a guess that you did that anyway.

I enjoyed the wave TBH. Bit different. Certainly better than 'encouraging' the team by endlessly telling them how much we hate Pompey.

Mexican Waves are embarrassing. As are jester hats and grown men in face paints. But today was a day out for everyone, and everyone should be allowed to enjoy themselves in the way they see fit. Even if it means not watching the game and shouting woooooooooo with their hands in the air :-/

Why do it? it doesn't encourage the team. It does nothing other than make the participants look like ***ts.

All respect to the Carlisle fans who ignored it.

Miserable bellend. Im 21 but 5 on the inside and loved it :) and booing the Carlisle fans was fun too. Fook off.

Well my teenage boys loved it (I quite enjoyed it too) . If you you don't then stay sitting. But it looked to me that a great proportion of Saints fan did enjoy it.

Great Day Out :-) It amazes me how some people can turn such a great day into a moaning session,

How can a middle aged man feel respectable with a jester hat on, face paint and a flag? Surely they feel a bit of a tit? Whoever it was that said what else was there to do when 3 goals up, well we hardly sang properly apart from the same three songs today, so singing would have actually been a good thing to do to support the team and pass the time.

How sad of you to post negative stuff against Saints fans enjoying themselves on a day like today. By the time it started, the game was all but won. Harmless fun - and fun it was. Better than singing about that lot down the road! That hardly encourages our players. Lighten up!

Jees, I really can't believe this forum sometimes, what a miserable c*ck. I'm 30 next month and loved the wave, if ever there was a time and a place that was it. Only did a few though as got a bit repetitive. Was also funny booing their fans for not joining in ;-)

Why do it? it doesn't encourage the team. It does nothing other than make the participants look like ***ts.

stupid little **** sucking p3nis head! it's f-in Wembley and a good day for the kids (obviously not including you) ***t!!!!

I knew we'd agree on something if I was on here long enough.

I hate Mexican waves, they are for w@nkers, and performed by w@nkers and plastics.

My 8yo daughter gets bored of the footy so at least this keeps her entertained while I can watch the game.

Unbelievable. Why the hell would anyone take an 8yr old Who gets bored of football, to Wembley. A proper non-Mexican Waving supporter was deprived of a ticket so that an 8yr old, who wasn't interested, could join in a Mexican Wave. You could've let her mum take her to The Disney Shop or something.

We had great seats in the front tow of the upper tier by choice in the first ticket release: fantastic view, but as the rest of seats for the last ticket sales were in the upper tier, we definitely had more than our fair share of the JCL, plastic, face-painted jester brigade. It's these people (plus kids) who think Mexican Waves are a fun thing to do at football.

Great day all in all.

Two things that annoyed me was the constant amount of people getting out there seats to go to the concourse area. Particulary when there was a free kick or corner about to be taken. People that left there seat 5-10 mins before half time and got back late missed a couple of goals - never understand why people do this!

The mexican wave was really annoying. I paid £34 to watch a football match not to have people getting standing up blocking my view every minute or so. I am not a party pooper just mexican waves should be saved for tennis at wimbledon or something.

Why do anything? Why not stay at home if you weren't going to enjoy being there and participating? What is it with you anyway? Was it below your dignity? Does it make you feel you feel superior, criticising others for enjoying themselves in whatever way they see fit?

So it doesn't encourage the players in your opinion; but then again, it doesn't do any harm as far as I can see and IMO it unites us as a club because it gives a feeling of belonging, of shared experience.

Fine bit of work Dicken's "A Christmas Carol", eh? You must model yourself on his Scrooge, pre-conversion.

We had great seats in the front tow of the upper tier by choice in the first ticket release: fantastic view, but as the rest of seats for the last ticket sales were in the upper tier, we definitely had more than our fair share of the JCL, plastic, face-painted jester brigade. It's these people (plus kids) who think Mexican Waves are a fun thing to do at football.

And if you thought to look a bit further than the end of your nose, these are also the people who will quite possibly have enjoyed their first experience of an important Saints win so much, that they become life-long supporters.

Still, carry on sneering if you don't think that there's any substance in what I say.