70's Mike

I was also surprised that the crowd was given as such a low figure. I assume the away following was less than 1500, but that is not excuse when 50k saints fans made the journey to Wembley so they should have made it today.

I was also surprised that the crowd was given as such a low figure. I assume the away following was less than 1500, but that is not excuse when 50k saints fans made the journey to Wembley so they should have made it today.

What a nonsense comment really.

Why should they? Maybe they didn't want to watch the match. Many of them would also have been pretty stupid if they had, as they would not have got in.

don't worry about who didn't turn up, as long as you enjoyed it thats all that matters.

It was hardly a classic but over the season there's bound to be games like that. The ones who just turn up for the big games should count themselves lucky that they're not committed enough to have to watch the dross as well!

I appear to be in the minority then? I actually thought that 21,000 was a half-decent attendance for a third tier game, especially considering how people will have spent a lot of money for the recent trip to Wembley. Not to mention the fact that it was Easter Monday too!

Strange isn’t it, if we had been in the premier league today we would have had a full house, yes a few more away but still 7000 more, “Home Fans” so the missing “Home Fans” don’t care about SFC just who we play ? Don’t give me the “I can afford it” line, because you are only commenting about your personal circumstances, unless of course you won’t pay to watch SFC in this league. Odd but I very much like this League, please leave the home and away games to us please

Edited by Sold To The Man @ The Bar

It was Leyton Orient in the third tier for f*ck sake - if I didn't have a season ticket or a freebie in corporate hospitality (as I did today) I probably wouldn't have gone!

That's the problem with being in this sh***y division!

Saying that I probably wouldn't have bothered for Hull or Wigan either!!

Nick, Nick - have a word with yourself mate. Have you any idea what some of those fans had to do in order to get to Wembley - the sacrifices that they made.

Some travelled far and wide, others went when finances probably said they shouldn't have, they all did their bit.

Yes, there are probably a lot of JCL who went to Wembley but choose not the attend SMS - that is thier choice, but please refrain from tarring all with the same brush eh?

Strange isn’t it, if we had been in the premier league today we would have had a full house, yes a few more away but still 7000 more, “Home Fans” so the missing “Home Fans” don’t care about SFC just who we play ? Don’t give me the “I can afford it” line, because you are only commenting about your personal circumstances, unless of course you won’t pay to watch SFC in this league. Odd but I very much like this League, please leave the home and away games to us please

Sigh. We've had all these debates before. If we really did get full houses every time for yeovil and orient, what

Would be the point of bothering to get promoted? It's just tediously disingenuous to pretend all football matches are of equal worth. They're not, so please get over it. Our first trip to wembley in 30 years gets more fans than a dead rubber against orient. What an outrage. Christ.

I was missing yesterday. Been to 25 games this season and live in Ireland including the Northampton game at the start of the season when less than 11k turned up - i could just as easily say where were the extra 10k that turned up yesterday for that game back in sept? Not everyone has the exact same circumstances as you which might explain why we are not all as good as you at supporting the saints..

But on a serious note, if 21k turn up or 30k, so what? Its pretty obvious over the last few seasons that our core supporter base is about 20k fans, yeah if we were in the premier league we'd probably be close to sold out but thats probably got something to do with the fact that the premier league is one of the biggest best supported leagues in the world. Coca Cola League One isnt so don't expect miracles....

It was very disappointing but it was a bank holiday and everyone knows a lot of sad b*st*rds have to do their shopping at Ikea on a bank holiday. Hence the queues along West Quay Road delaying me from getting to St Marys.

Edited by LostBoys
Whoops

Dead rubber my arse, we are still in with a shout for the play offs.

We have eight points to make up in six games. On paper it looks possible, but in reality those kind of deficits don't get overturned.

Feel free to provide some examples, though. It might cheer me up.

knew it would not be a big attendance when the Burger van opposite Hanson's yard in Marine Drive was missing, either at the Fair on the common or some other event.

but still a little disappointing

I had to pop into B&Q at about 2.30pm, prior to the Orient match. Plenty of Saints shirts in there, mostly worn by kids.

I thought it a good crowd with all the expense incurred in going to Wembley

Next Saturday will probably be a lot bigger

without doubt, Charlton are a bigger club, its a bigger game, premier league game 5 years ago. Lots of people there to see them, Shelvey is a decent player, looking forward to seeing him.

We have eight points to make up in six games. On paper it looks possible, but in reality those kind of deficits don't get overturned.

Feel free to provide some examples, though. It might cheer me up.

It's 8 points in *7* games. Not very likely, but still possible.

Huddersfield v Oldham tonight puts us a game in hand again. Huddersfield ought to walk it, but its a local derby ...who knows? I'm dreaming til the numbers mean we definitely can't do it

K.

Charlton are a bigger club

But worth pointing out that they only had 17k at home yesterday and they're chasing automatic promotion.

21,559 was very good (probably only less than Champions Norwich?) for a team that, let's face it, isn't really expected to make the play-offs now.