NOTW has Saints finishing 23rd!

Latheal

I havnt seen any papers giving leage place positions but the none of Sunday people 'experts' have us down for relegation which i guess is something.

I have a feeling we could be the suprise package this season - would be good for pundits and papers to start giving us some good press for a change!!

I havnt seen any papers giving leage place positions but the none of Sunday people 'experts' have us down for relegation which i guess is something.

I have a feeling we could be the suprise package this season - would be good for pundits and papers to start giving us some good press for a change!!

Lowe burnt too many bridges last time for that to happen.

NOTW also reported that WGS wanted to buy Dyer - hardly likely as he's just signed a 3 year deal and if WGS was that keen he'd have done a deal when Dyer was on a week-to-week contract. I'm quite happy for the media to predict the drop as they won't have heard of most of the players and it keeps us under the radar. That said, if and when some of them are successful they will soon be linked with PL clubs - not least Morgan S I suspect!

Didn't they have us down as 5th last season,and to bounce back up when we were relegated?

i am just glad that they are constantly wrong. Do not forget that there was many reasons for our brown trouser moment which were outside our control and which made a rich tapestry of why we fought relegation, which were unknown before the season began. We'll see will we not.

And the Times today has us 20th

I was depressed after the high of the game against the Hammers

Who the hell cares what the papers say. Paper never refused ink. If the muppets writing in the papers were that accurate, they'd win the pools every week.

I think our poor pundit rating may work in our favour. Instead of dross teams coming to St Mary's packing defence and midfield, hoping to frustrate and catch us on the break, they may fancy their chances and actually come to play, which in turn will give us more room to play our football.

In The Observers Championship review 9 of the 24 fans reviewing the season have us as certs to go down. The Sunday Mirror only has Plymouth, Barnsley, Doncaster and Blackpool with worse odds than us.

Depressing stuff - I used to always look forward to the pre-season reviews, even in the Premiership. I'd love to say they're all wrong (certainly hope the NOTW is), but can't realistically see us faring much better than lower mid-table. We'll see though - hope springs eternal!

The Observer has Nigel Pearson as Saints manager? The Sports editor is a Pompey fan.

The nine clubs who's fan representatives predict Saints will go down are Barnsley, Birmingham, Coventry, Crystal Palace, Norwich, Plymouth, Sheff Wed, Watford and Wolves.

I'm sure people can note their club websites and remind them of their predictions during the season when Saints beat them.

I'd forget the papers predictions, I doubt that any of them have picked up on the fact that Killer is back in the team.

If he can stay fit and play up to what we know he is capable of then we will have captured the best player of any Coke team in this transfer window (IMO).

If Killer and Andrew Davies can stay fit, Sneiderlin plays as well as ppl on here say he played against W.Ham and Rasiak stays and scores 20+ then we should be good for mid table.

Anyone who was at SMS on Friday would know that there is very little chance of us finishing 23rd.

As for most important player, it'll be Schneiderlin. Absolute top-class act. Wouldn't be surprised if he's at Arsenal in 2 years time.

This is my biggest fear/hope. If JP and Lowe do continue to bring in players like this the financial ship will be righted more quickly and start providing us with funds to build a better side.

For me without promotion Scneiderlin will be gone to the likes of Tottenham, Blackburn at the end of this season or as you Arsenal or maybe Liverpool at the end of next.

I'd forget the papers predictions, I doubt that any of them have picked up on the fact that Killer is back in the team.

If he can stay fit and play up to what we know he is capable of then we will have captured the best player of any Coke team in this transfer window (IMO).

If Killer and Andrew Davies can stay fit, Sneiderlin plays as well as ppl on here say he played against W.Ham and Rasiak stays and scores 20+ then we should be good for mid table.

If, and it still looks a big if, we can get a solid back four with Svennson and Davies in the middle, then we are in with a big shout. Get that solid platform for the rug rats to go out and do their stuff and I would be very optimistic from what we have shown so far.

Cardiff City's predictor has us a bit higher.

http://cardiff.theoffside.com/cardiff-city-news/it-just-so-happens-that-smarties-bbc-tv-show-qi-pot-noodle-condiment-sachets-and-big-dusty-books-arent-the-only-ones-with-all-the-answers.html

Anyone else got links to these kind of things, quite enjoy musing over them when I could be doing far more productive stuff

• 8 months later...
If, and it still looks a big if, we can get a solid back four with Svennson and Davies in the middle, then we are in with a big shout. Get that solid platform for the rug rats to go out and do their stuff and I would be very optimistic from what we have shown so far.

Ouchy ouchy, somewhat erroneous to have faith in a pair of permanently injured central defenders like those 2.

• 7 months later...
News of the World today say's we will finish 23rd and our most important player is Wotton. I'm not expecting us to gain promotion but I think last is a little bit harsh as well.

I'd settle for mid table and watching some great football and exciting youngsters. What does everybody else think?

As far as I'm concerned. if they didn't publish NOTW on a sunday,

they wouldn't know what day of the week it was anyway.;)

Even their scandal and gossip is far from the truth.

Wait till the end of the season and we'll prove then wrong !

As far as I'm concerned. if they didn't publish NOTW on a sunday,

they wouldn't know what day of the week it was anyway.;)

Even their scandal and gossip is far from the truth.

Wait till the end of the season and we'll prove then wrong !

This was from last season by the way so they were pretty much spot on, not sure what their prediction for this season was for us

This was my favourite part.

Whatever happened to the "Morgan is actually an Arsenal player who is only really on loan to us and will be off to the Emirates when Wenger clicks his fingers" story?

That was one of my favourite solid gold rumours.

Whatever happened to the "Morgan is actually an Arsenal player who is only really on loan to us and will be off to the Emirates when Wenger clicks his fingers" story?

That was one of my favourite solid gold rumours.

hahaha...

reading this thread..these people have the neck to tell me I dont know what I am on about