Saints V Carlisle Post Match Reaction

St Landrew

Bournemouth's reaction is fantastic! Funny that they see us as their rivals when we don't actually give a f*ck about them! :D

Onwards and upwards Saints, have a nice summer's rest, focus yourselves, welcome your new team-mates when you go back to training, thrash P*mpey (or AFC P*mpey) in our pre-season friendly and then let's go and win the league!

Just to get technical for Eric

Sea-ME-We 4 is the cable that is being repaired next week hence dodgy internet at the moment.

4-5-1 got a result again, lost concetration at the end. Good to hear another youngster getting blooded PROPERLY rather than being thrown in the deep end.

Yes we have done far better this season than I expected and it has been great. Annoyed we dropped stupid points but I do think as long as next season we don't drop as many then we will be fine.

Hope we can keep Antonio he sounds like he is starting to develop into a handful and is scoring some cracking goals.

Off to the kitchen time

Might be an idea to play the last two games first though. All those pound notes for League placings, up for grabs.

Actually they should try to finish 7th, in the unlikely case of P****y getting thrown out of the league and the FL giving one extra promotion spot for L1 to make up for the missing spot in CCC. :cool:

We were a bit slow out of the blocks first half, second half was a much beter performance we could have had two or three more. I am still not sure about Semi and Seabourne listening to AP on the radio in the car it sounds like he is keen to keep Papa and Antonio. Quick word about the ref thought he got everything about right today must be about the best we have had all season.

We were a bit slow out of the blocks first half, second half was a much beter performance we could have had two or three more. I am still not sure about Semi and Seabourne listening to AP on the radio in the car it sounds like he is keen to keep Papa and Antonio. Quick word about the ref thought he got everything about right today must be about the best we have had all season.

according to Solent. he missed a complete blatent penalty and gave them a free kick (to which they scored)

guess it works both ways, this crap ref thing

Actually they should try to finish 7th, in the unlikely case of P****y getting thrown out of the league and the FL giving one extra promotion spot for L1 to make up for the missing spot in CCC. :cool:

One less CCC team would be relegated or at best the losing play off finalist from Lge 1would go up.There is no miracle for us this season,way Huddersfield are now playing (since we kicked their arse) even 2 more wins would have been to no avail.

according to Solent. he missed a complete blatent penalty and gave them a free kick (to which they scored)

guess it works both ways, this crap ref thing

Solent were right it was a blatant penalty definitely a or so inside the box. But Heyho they got a goal so their manager can't complain.

Solent were right it was a blatant penalty definitely a or so inside the box. But Heyho they got a goal so their manager can't complain.

It caused great amusement in block 10, we thought a penalty had been awarded :)

Fair play to Ian Harte though, gave KD no chance with the shot...

Miss of the season goes to Papa Waigo for 4-1?

I missed the last goal but I thought Seabourne was ok. From where I was it seemed for their first, that the forward made a back that seabourne went over. Fans closer may look differently.

First half was poor, second half better. i like Waigo and he causes problems with his trickery.

Why was that Carlisle forward so upset that he only got a frre kick when KD held onto the back pass?

Such as "How do you spell his name?"

I missed the last goal but I thought Seabourne was ok. From where I was it seemed for their first, that the forward made a back that seabourne went over. Fans closer may look differently.

First half was poor, second half better. i like Waigo and he causes problems with his trickery.

Why was that Carlisle forward so upset that he only got a frre kick when KD held onto the back pass?

Indeed.

On the train back to Bristol. Match was hardly a classic but enjoyed it none the less. We must keep Antonio next season surely. Loved the banter when Price came on. Highlight of the match singing, "you f--king look like a birds nest".

Onwards and upwards, next season should be a belter.

Bournemouth fans singing, Que cera cera, whatever will be will be, were going to St Marys... haha

Dear o ****ing dear - NO ONE cares B'mouth, you're nothing to us. I can't wait to wind them up at SMS when they are trying to get a rise out of us and hopefully we just don't respond in the slightest.

Team had a good day today, although the first half was a bit dire. Don't like to be negative, however I would like to point out three players that for me are not looking good.

1. Seaborne - he gifted BOTH of their goals today. His positioning is suspect and his character leads to some dreadful and unnecessary challenges.

2. Papa Waigo - his latter 2nd half performance was petulant and lazy. He gave up and looked as if he was in strop because he was not put into the middle when Lambert come off. When Antonio scored his 2nd he ran to the ball and smacked it into the Chapel crowd which could have hurt someone - it was just not necessary. It was a side to him I had not seen before and now I am not so sure his departure would be a bad thing - there are other more suitable players out there IMO.

3. Puncheon - for me he had another poor game, however I think the main observation is that he is not a CM player and it emphasises the need to sort this out.

Dear o ****ing dear - NO ONE cares B'mouth, you're nothing to us. I can't wait to wind them up at SMS when they are trying to get a rise out of us and hopefully we just don't respond in the slightest.

it was hillarious...it was not a few, it was the whole travelling support at their away game

LOL

Team had a good day today, although the first half was a bit dire. Don't like to be negative, however I would like to point out three players that for me are not looking good.

1. Seaborne - he gifted BOTH of their goals today. His positioning is suspect and his character leads to some dreadful and unnecessary challenges.

2. Papa Waigo - his latter 2nd half performance was petulant and lazy. He gave up and looked as if he was in strop because he was not put into the middle when Lambert come off. When Antonio scored his 2nd he ran to the ball and smacked it into the Chapel crowd which could have hurt someone - it was just not necessary. It was a side to him I had not seen before and now I am not so sure his departure would be a bad thing - there are other more suitable players out there IMO.

3. Puncheon - for me he had another poor game, however I think the main observation is that he is not a CM player and it emphasises the need to sort this out.

I thought Waigo was decent today. He did look tired later on in the game but he looked confident and wanted the ball more often than he usually would.

Not to mention that he played the whole 90 minutes and wasn't offside once. :cool:

Thought it was a nice touch when a lot of us in the Northam clapped Carlisles first goal from a free kick.

Fonte made a few errors incuding that reckless backpass,but the biggest question must be why the ref didnt at the very least book the Carlisle forward with the fuzzy hair who assaulted K.D?

A set-up of 4-5-1 with Papa on one wing and Antonio on the other, Hammond holding the centre with Puncheon and Lallana alongside him, is not a bad idea. Lambert is not isolated, as both Papa and Antonio have pace and are tricky players and both Puncheon and Lallana are good at picking out a pass or foraging forward themselves. So it is a balanced formation that can control the midfield when defending, with the possibilities of it switching to three up front if either of Papa and Antonio join Lambert up front in attack, or the same with Puncheon and Lallana joining him if the attack is down the middle. In fact, as has been proven this season, Antonio, Papa, Lallana are especially capable of scoring goals and surely Puncheon has the potential to do so provided that he gets his head around a role that would suit him.

Today, we had such control of the game possession wise, that although it took some time for the goal to come, it looked to be likely. I too thought that the free kick to Carlisle looked to be inside the box, but watching it taken from directly behind in the Northam, it was a Bale special - unstoppable. Several around me applauded the goal by Harte.

We were cruising at 3-1 and Pardew had the luxury of blooding Callum McNish, with Oxlade-Chamberlain also having been warming up on the touchline as an alternative. We maintained the pressure having brought on Barnard and Connolly and peppered their goal for the last 10 minutes, when we could have made it 4-1 again to match our Wembley performance. Carlisle had a very late consolation goal, which had an element of luck about it and was too late to bother us.

For long passages of the game, our play was sublime, with accurate cross-field passing and intelligent through balls, flick-ons and running off the ball. The defence was again solid, with Harding and Fonte both invincible and a class above. Antonio comes on in leaps and bounds and is already maturing from the raw talent that we saw at the start of the season. He really does look as if he might develop into a very good player, with pace, trickery and a good shot on him.

The difference between this game and that against Oldham, is that Carlisle came to play football and that suited us. But I have a sneaking suspicion that this formation might have suited us better against Oldham too and might have improved our penetration for the first goal that would have forced them to drop their defensive time-wasting tactics to rescue a point.

The support today was magnificent, particularly from the Northam, who chanted solidly for the first 15 minutes without let-up and then kept up the atmosphere for most of the match.

The play-offs are no longer possible, so we can play the remaining games with a carefree freedom, now that there is no pressure on us. The form that we have shown during the second half of the season should see us as automatic promotion candidates next season, provided that we can keep this team and sign up the right back equivalent of Harding and a hard-tackling midfield playmaker.

This season has been much more fun than I was ever expecting, possibly because of the warm feeling that we have walking away from the stadium having won the match, something that hasn't happened very often the past few seasons. I have confidence that we have plenty enough talent and firepower in the team now to hit the ground running after the pre-season and we have the potential to go up as champions with a record number of points and goal difference.

Sounded like a bit of Hair Drier Treatment was needed from AP at HT though to get a win.

4 5 1 at Home still confuses the hell out of me with our attacking options.

LOL at Saints Player .... pity no really embarrasing moments though..... well not yet anyway :D

great attacking display in second half

4-5-1 allows us to start with only Hammond as a real midfield player

it gives us a front 5 of Papa, Antionio, Lalana, Puncheon and Lambert

some of their inter play today was superb

Was thinking driving home if only AP had started with that line up against Oldham, especially Antonio who is so direct , beat a player and shoot

great attacking display in second half

4-5-1 allows us to start with only Hammond as a real midfield player

it gives us a front 5 of Papa, Antionio, Lalana, Puncheon and Lambert

some of their inter play today was superb

Was thinking driving home if only AP had started with that line up against Oldham, especially Antonio who is so direct , beat a player and shoot

Beat you to it and glad you saw it the same way. We had options today that were effective and productive and there was always the opportunity to change it with Barnard and Connoly coming on with fresh legs if it needs shaking up.

Beat you to it and glad you saw it the same way. We had options today that were effective and productive and there was always the opportunity to change it with Barnard and Connoly coming on with fresh legs if it needs shaking up.

just like ANtonio's attitude, runs at people and commits them, he either goes past them or gets a free kick.

Reminds me of Channon, getting into the box quickly to make defenders job difficult.

Tuesday night there was to much square passing and ball retention for the sake of it rather than committing defenders to have to do something.

Either the ref doesn't know the rules or I don't know the rules...

Why were they awarded an indirect free kick when Kelvin saved Fonte's attempted lob by palming the ball away? My understanding was always that the keeper had to pick up/catch the ball (IE be in conmtrol of it in his hands) - Kelvin was not in control of the ball he merely parried a shot???

I have seen numerous occasions where goalkeepers have made saves from their own players and it has not been a free kick. What was different this time? There didn't seem to be much uproar from other fans so maybe I am not up to date with the rules??

Either the ref doesn't know the rules or I don't know the rules...

Why were they awarded an indirect free kick when Kelvin saved Fonte's attempted lob by palming the ball away? My understanding was always that the keeper had to pick up/catch the ball (IE be in conmtrol of it in his hands) - Kelvin was not in control of the ball he merely parried a shot???

I have seen numerous occasions where goalkeepers have made saves from their own players and it has not been a free kick. What was different this time? There didn't seem to be much uproar from other fans so maybe I am not up to date with the rules??

He did parry it but he then picked it up though which wasnt allowed. The Carlisle player was trying to take it out of his fans whilst he was on the floor holding it

Good day of football, great weather,good atmosphere (the Northam where in fine voice today) some good goals and a good match to watch oh and we won again:D well worth my money

Sebourne was not that bad today I thought he looked very solid. The free kick looked harsh from where I was sitting, their second I pretty much missed but I think all our players just switched off with only seconds on the clock (a habit I thought we'd got rid of).

Fonte's back pass was comical but luckily didn't result in any harm done.

Harding looked out of sorts today (typical as I named him as my player of the season:()

Papa played the whole 90 and looked really good to me, OK he had some Papa moments but in general he ran them ragged going forward and got back well to help out in defence. He could do with some tackling practice though.

Antonio looked great again. We really need to get him to stay with us if we can.

To be honest I thought we looked really comfortable today played some good football and like the cup finally won the game without having to really up our game.

One finally thought how good is our subs bench becoming? How many teams can bring off the leagues top scorerer and bring on the leagues second top scorerer.:)