Alan pardew

Um Bongo

On the match thread you said Martin was our best player, yet you think he picked a team that looked woeful? Fonte was the worst player but no-one, absolutely no-one, would have predicted that.

AP also mentioned TWICE that Fonte had been ill (during the week) and that he (Fonte) had declared himself fit, but it was clear that he wasn't hence the sub.at HT Had Fonte been 100% it seems that alongside Martin it would have been OK.

Mills is still inexperienced and though he turns in occasional good performance, it's hard to be consistant when you don't play at this leve lregularly its obvious that players don't make a good show every time.

James' place must be in question. He isn't good at RB, but better in midfield, however he won't get games whilst we have Schneiderlin to choose from ahead of him.

It's clear (as AP said) we have to have good cover for every player, and at present we have too many players who are not good enough to replace the first choicer, and must decide whether we keep them and hope they improve..or ..?

On the match thread you said Martin was our best player, yet you think he picked a team that looked woeful? Fonte was the worst player but no-one, absolutely no-one, would have predicted that.

If he had picked the strongest team i would have been happy.

If he had picked the strongest team i would have been happy.

Just out of interest when do you consider it right for the manager to have a look at a youngster and some fringe players whose futures are at stake/ in question in a competitive match situation then ?

Loads of people on here said pick some fringe players so that Pardew could what they could do - loss

Pardew may have pulled a master stroke in showing ML & NC that he needs money to improve the fringe players - so that he can have 22 man 1st team squad good enough to win league

They might still have lost, would that have made you happy?

Yes.

Although, If players were playing for their contracts, I'm kind of glad Lloyd James did. Because he's just ensured he will be looking for a new club next year!

Excuse me Mr Pardew but fans, particularly the away game supporters, deserve the best team every week. I did not need the game today to tell me that some of the squad are not good enough I already knew as does most of the people on here.

Loads of people on here said pick some fringe players so that Pardew could what they could do - loss

Pardew may have pulled a master stroke in showing ML & NC that he needs money to improve the fringe players - so that he can have 22 man 1st team squad good enough to win league

GS did the same with the kids to prove to lowelife that they were not good enough.

The conspiratists among my group wondered whether AP and Paul Scally may be friends and whether and weaken side might give us first refusal on Simeon Jackson.

Basically there was a reason for playing the side today and that will be for the betterment of the team, so people should stop moaning.

GS did the same with the kids to prove to lowelife that they were not good enough.

The conspiratists among my group wondered whether AP and Paul Scally may be friends and whether and weaken side might give us first refusal on Simeon Jackson.

Basically there was a reason for playing the side today and that will be for the betterment of the team, so people should stop moaning.

I don't rate Jackson anyway. Took everyone by surprise at the start of the season with his pace, because no-one knew anything about him, but he has nothing else to offer.

I went and I didn't care that Pardew didn't pick our best starting XI.

These are exactly the sort of games when the manager should pick players to give them experience or test them out to see if they're worthy of a new contract.

I went and I didn't care that Pardew didn't pick our best starting XI.

These are exactly the sort of games when the manager should pick players to give them experience or test them out to see if they're worthy of a new contract.

exaclty, once the oldham result happened this was always likely to occur, should have got a refund if didn;t wanna go.

Just out of interest when do you consider it right for the manager to have a look at a youngster and some fringe players whose futures are at stake/ in question in a competitive match situation then ?

should have done that in the JPT IMO, perhaps then we could have kept the first team focussed on top six

Playing a few younger inexperienced players like Martin and Mills is ok, but I think it's obvious to most people Lloyd James isn't good enough and has shown that in numerous game. Today showed we need a new right back and a good quality centre mid because Wotton and James aren't good enough.

Yeah, to be fair, I guess I was just angry because I was wet. I can see why Pardew started with that team, but with the ******** he gave earlier in the week, saying he would play a full strength team, it rubbed a bit.

So what ?? I understand your frustration but really and truelly for the first time this season i wasn' worried i was away from a radio or data source regarding the saints score.

Season is over, the sooner he gets an idea of the replacements he wants and starts working the better IMO.

People are saying the reason we didn't make ENOUGH impact this season was due to a poor pre season, so if we get a chance of being ready from the start then thats better ?? Right ?

in the JPT or FA cup or League cup

The league is your bread and butter

in the JPT or FA cup or League cup

The league is your bread and butter

We did...or couldn't in some cases. The rules state you must field at least 6 of your first squad.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8284894.stm Torquay

http://matchcentre.johnstonestrade.com/?cid=116&mid=18435 Charlton

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/8205339.stm Birmingham

Unless you are saying Mellis, Perry, Thomas, James, Gillett were our strongest players?

On many occasions we had to change the side due to being cup tied or ineligible and keep in some of our stronger squad like Lambert as Barnard couldn't play.

The league no longer important in the last two games with nothing to play for. This season is the better for the JPT win.

and what happened to honesty?

Honesty to other teams like Wycombe, Tranmere. They were relying us to at least try.

Honesty to all the traveling fans, after spending hard earned money to support their team.

If you paid full price to go to the theatre and found out when you got there that not only the star was missing but half of the supporting cast as well.

Would you be ****ed?

Especially when the manager says sorry, but promises the best ones will be playing next week...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Honesty to other teams like Wycombe, Tranmere. They were relying us to at least try.

Honesty to all the traveling fans, after spending hard earned money to support their team.

If you paid full price to go to the theatre and found out when you got there that not only the star was missing but half of the supporting cast as well.

Would you be ****ed?

Especially when the manager says sorry, but promises the best ones will be playing next week...

Exactly Pat, I made this point yesterday and was seriously decried for it.

If the game means nothing then say so or say nothing. Do not say "there will be no let up" in the preceding days and then field a sh*t side "to see what it's worth". Come clean or say nothing.

What a load of sh*t being spouted by some pompous buffons.

The season is over, he's taking a look at some things and the players heads are already on the beach.

100% agreed. The season was over for us since last weekend - use the games to see whose still going to be useful for us next season. If the player's in question subsequently have a pants game - then they won't be here next season, no moaning from me! :)

The minute i heard the first 11 announced my heart went out to those fans that travel away to support our team. The result was inevitable before kickoff once the starting 11 was announced and i feel really sorry for those that pay hard earned money to travel up and down the country to support the team.

Having slept on it i can understand AP decision to try fringe players and those playing for their contracts, i think quite a few questions will have been answered.....and it could have been a clever ploy by AP to show Cortese we do need 2/3 more players.

Would you be ****ed?

If you went to the theatre at the end of the 12 month West End run and found that the star was totally knackered and a very promising understudy was playing his part then it wouldn't be a shock would it?

As for the other teams, maybe, just maybe they might have been better off worrying about games THEY were actually playing in?

OR is it our job now to keep them up??

The minute i heard the first 11 announced my heart went out to those fans that travel away to support our team. The result was inevitable before kickoff once the starting 11 was announced and i feel really sorry for those that pay hard earned money to travel up and down the country to support the team.

Having slept on it i can understand AP decision to try fringe players and those playing for their contracts, i think quite a few questions will have been answered.....and it could have been a clever ploy by AP to show Cortese we do need 2/3 more players.

Fans go to dead rubber and expect us to play our first eleven and give it our all after a season of winning a trophy and giving it our all to narrowly miss play-offs... hmmm...

Of course, the very fact that we now travel away more in expectation than hope is perhaps something to be grateful for??

It's not as if Pardew played eleven apprentices is it? Has anyone actually seen the starting eleven? ONE new player - ONE. The rest have all played throughout the season. Mills has been excellent. Martin has a great game by all aco****s. James has to prove whether he can play in the middle. The rest play every fecking week (Connolly would if fit quite possibly). And Lambert's not allowed a rest??

This is so typical of our numpty fans and their bigoted views... oops was my microphone still on... ;)

On the OS Pardew's explanation makes a lot of sense. He is looking to next season and needed to look at some options. Connolly & Barnard playing together in case Ricky is injured / suspended; some fringe players were disappointing; Martin was our best player.

Makes a lot of sense to me.

Would you be ****ed?

Ok lets look at this.

Apart from Martin at centre back where were we seriously under strength ?

Connolly replaced Lambert. Connolly is an ex international striker so thats hardly a bad swap.

James came in for Wotton.....nuff said. lots of people were shouting for that to happen when Morgan was suspended.

Mills came in for Harding....he has done that before and kept his place when Dan was fit again so no weakness there.

Oh, we had a couple of kids on the bench, who never came on !

Sorry but I fail to see what the problem is.

Really can't see a problem myself.

AP has got the luxury of a couple of games to take a good look at some of the lesser known players and that's exactly what he's doing.

Besides, RL could do with a rest after all the graft he's put in this season.

Fans go to dead rubber and expect us to play our first eleven and give it our all after a season of winning a trophy and giving it our all to narrowly miss play-offs... hmmm...

Of course, the very fact that we now travel away more in expectation than hope is perhaps something to be grateful for??

It's not as if Pardew played eleven apprentices is it? Has anyone actually seen the starting eleven? ONE new player - ONE. The rest have all played throughout the season. Mills has been excellent. Martin has a great game by all aco****s. James has to prove whether he can play in the middle. The rest play every fecking week (Connolly would if fit quite possibly). And Lambert's not allowed a rest??

This is so typical of our numpty fans and their bigoted views... oops was my microphone still on... ;)

Hmmmmm, i don't think i said anywhere that i thought his decision was wrong.....I said i felt sorry for those fans that paid out their hard earned cash and stood in the p*ssing rain.

I perfectly understand the point AP was making to NC.

To be honest, it wasn't even that weak.

It was arguably our strongest available midfield.

Mills has played well on several occasions this season and started in preference to Harding on a few occasions.

Barnard and Connolly are hardly sub-standard for League One. Obviously Lambert is in our strongest 11 but I doubt there are many professionals in world football who have spent more minutes on the pitch this season.

So that leaves Martin, who apparently played pretty well. Presumably because he had something to prove.

I went to the game knowing that we had nothing to play for and just wanted go to support the lads and have a great day out, which I did despite the result.

Personally I think Martin's perfromance completley justified Pardew's decision to see our fringe players get a chance to show what they can do.

Hmmmmm, i don't think i said anywhere that i thought his decision was wrong.....I said i felt sorry for those fans that paid out their hard earned cash and stood in the p*ssing rain.

I perfectly understand the point AP was making to NC.

Davis - In L1 Team of Season

Semi - Been first choice RB since Jan

Fonte - Best CB in L1 (most would say)

Martin - ONLY ONE THAT MAYBE SHOULD HAVE ONLY BEEN SUB (but apparently the best out there)

Mills - Has played his fair share this season, some rate some hate.

Hammond - Team Captain

James - Played pretty much every game till January, on bench since

Puncheon - L1 Team of Season

Lallana - Quality, and in a purple patch atm

Barnard - 2nd Top Scorer in L1

Connolly - Class above, just not fit alot of time

Subs:

Lambo - PFA Player of Year

Papa - Cant moan

Seaborne - Well Font wasnt any better

I am with Le God on this ;)

I don't think the 11 we fielded was half bad at all.

Gillingham have conceded 15 at home all season, 2ND LEAST IN LEAGUE

Gillingham have only lost 3 AT HOME, Joint 5th LEAST

We are inconsistant away from home.

Please can everyone get over it.

IMHO we would've won that game at home with the same 11.

bring on abuse