Millwall Promoted

Arizona

For once the best three teams, over the course of the season, got promoted, if it had been best three since November, we would have been one. If we dont go up as champions next season its our own fault.

Tbf, we're desperate for new threads. Close season and all. That's why admin are starting them. ;)

Ah so they get a "feel good" feeling so they can pretend, for a few seconds anyway, that they are almost normal

and so can mix in with us peasants / ex- pat types ;).

A bit like when the Queen goes walkabout at her garden parties. :D

Not that I am saying these admins are queens you understand. ;)

The frustration of seeing the four sides in this year's Play-Offs was feeling that Saints could have beaten any or all of them. Swindon might have been the most difficult since they did the double over Saints, but the Swindon games were both 1-0 so far from conclusive. It was largely the form against lower table sides in the second half of the season that prevented the run to 6th place, but can't help feeling that 'It Should have been We' (sic).

I can see Swindon falling apart next season, it often happens with teams who miss out the way they did, with a shocking miss.

Tend to agree. They looked awful yesterday for most of that game.

And you do wonder if Charlie Austin may find the going a bit tougher in his second season.

Many do.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't Swindon got some decent financial backing nowadays? (obviously not on our level though!)

As someone mentioned above, Austin may find it a bit harder 2nd season as he'll be a marked man, people know what he's about now and also his partner in crime, Billy Paynter, has let his contract run down and will be buggering off.

Danny Wilson is a good manager though and I expect them to be in the mix for the playoffs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't Swindon got some decent financial backing nowadays? (obviously not on our level though!)

As someone mentioned above, Austin may find it a bit harder 2nd season as he'll be a marked man, people know what he's about now and also his partner in crime, Billy Paynter, has let his contract run down and will be buggering off.

Danny Wilson is a good manager though and I expect them to be in the mix for the playoffs.

Can't see Austin hanging around at Swindon. Newcastle were sniffing around a couple of months ago and now apparently Stoke are interested. He isn't Premiership class yet but it looks like a few teams are willing to gamble and sign him. Also remember quite a few of the Swindon team were made up of loanee's this year, so no guarantee they will be there next season.

Wouldn't be surprised if a Championship side poached Wilson when a vacancy comes available as he's done a great job there and is a quality manager.

IMO, Swindon will be a mid table next season.

They remind me a bit of Colchester in our CCC playoff season. They caught a lot of teams out by overperforming and beat us twice. Ended up well into the top half. The season after they didn't really lose anyone, but got found out and were relegated. Same with teams like Hull and Wigan when they got promoted to the Prem.

On the day and on their second half season performances, it was a fair result and there can be no complaints. All season Millwall have been the team that has matched us result by result and indeed bettered us on the run-in when they pulled away and ended with a better record, discounting our -10 situation. They almost upset the apple-cart by overhauling Leeds but overall the best three teams have been promoted.

Our job is not to be envious but to make sure we play them again in 2011-12. Right now my hope is that we start where we left off and build a winning lead in our division by Christmas.

Like most of you guys it will be a strange feeling expecting to win and knowing we shouldn't lose on paper but even so not sure how I will react if we are not top from the off. My guess is we'll be uncompromising barstewards on Pardew's back the minute we drop any points or don't make top place early on. We won't be the only ones either... Mr Cortone will be watching... er! I mean Mr Cortese. Silly me!

On the day and on their second half season performances, it was a fair result and there can be no complaints. All season Millwall have been the team that has matched us result by result and indeed bettered us on the run-in when they pulled away and ended with a better record, discounting our -10 situation. They almost upset the apple-cart by overhauling Leeds but overall the best three teams have been promoted.

Our job is not to be envious but to make sure we play them again in 2011-12. Right now my hope is that we start where we left off and build a winning lead in our division by Christmas.

Like most of you guys it will be a strange feeling expecting to win and knowing we shouldn't lose on paper but even so not sure how I will react if we are not top from the off. My guess is we'll be uncompromising barstewards on Pardew's back the minute we drop any points or don't make top place early on. We won't be the only ones either... Mr Cortone will be watching... er! I mean Mr Cortese. Silly me!

You dont win anything at christmas, look how far ahead Leeds were then and they only scrapped in. If we are there or there abouts that is fine at christmas, then pull away in the new year, like Norwich did.

The frustration of seeing the four sides in this year's Play-Offs was feeling that Saints could have beaten any or all of them. Swindon might have been the most difficult since they did the double over Saints, but the Swindon games were both 1-0 so far from conclusive. It was largely the form against lower table sides in the second half of the season that prevented the run to 6th place, but can't help feeling that 'It Should have been We' (sic).

Whilst we only lost 1-0 in the away game the game was very conclusive,they were all over us from start to finish and how the scoreline remained so low I don't know. That still remains one of the most embarassing and abject away performances I've seen from us and I intend on going back for a bit of revenge next season hopefully. I just hope the bigger team vultures pick at some of their decent players this summer.

Whilst we only lost 1-0 in the away game the game was very conclusive,they were all over us from start to finish and how the scoreline remained so low I don't know. That still remains one of the most embarassing and abject away performances I've seen from us and I intend on going back for a bit of revenge next season hopefully. I just hope the bigger team vultures pick at some of their decent players this summer.[b/QUOTE]

Kind of like us you mean? :D

The way I see it is that Millwall were, since Christmas, the strongest team alongside us in this division. They were always going to be more dangerous than Swindon next season in terms of promotion for 2010/11.

Swindon could lose a few players to bigger clubs and they have some partnerships that if broken up will break their team. Plus, as everyone keeps mentioning, we owe them one.

Of course it won't be up to other teams however next season - we should be good enough to not be concerned with "rivals"!!!

This is Saints related as it directly affects our competitors for next season. F**k it, if we're allowed half a dosen threads on Andrew Surman anf Freddy Adu, I'm keeping this one. ;)

Agreed. Don't let the forum police make you feel like you have broken the law. They clearly have very little going on in their lives

So no trip to the Den but replaced by a jaunt to Dagenham & Redbridge next season.

Cracking game btw.

as much as their rise is fantastic, it shows how drastic our drop has been. Pleased for them, they deserve it, but can't quite get my head around watching us play dagenham and redbridge in a league game...